Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse 22:31 - Oct 23 with 5193 viewskizaitfc

I have been a huge fan of him for years

But the inability to take the ball from the back four and get his team up the pitch at this level is just poor.

People complain about the long ball, IMO it all comes from there, the defenders are given no options for the midfield.

The quicker downes is back the better

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Cole Skuse on 16:09 - Oct 24 with 819 viewspowinswitch

Cole Skuse on 16:07 - Oct 24 by judespiveyg

Well Downes can tackle, pass and dribble better than Skuse so even if he isn't a defensive midfielder he can play there.
That's why he'll end up in the premier league.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 16:08]

What Jude said. Downes instead of Skuse is the right answer.
Cole Skuse on 16:12 - Oct 24 with 811 viewsHerbivore

Cole Skuse on 16:07 - Oct 24 by judespiveyg

Well Downes can tackle, pass and dribble better than Skuse so even if he isn't a defensive midfielder he can play there.
That's why he'll end up in the premier league.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 16:08]

Not sure he's a better tackler than Skuse and certainly at this point his ability to read the game and break up play is inferior. He's got potential for sure but let's not nail him on for the Premier League after 10 good games in League 1. Let the kid develop. He's learning a lot playing alongside an experienced midfielder like Skuse.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 16:19]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cole Skuse on 16:18 - Oct 24 with 795 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cole Skuse on 09:37 - Oct 24 by LankHenners

Weird isn’t it? Skuse was an outstanding performer and apparently it’s proof he’s ‘found his level’, he has a couple of iffy games and he’s holding us back. Almost like people aren’t looking at things very objectively.

You're utterly hilarious.

Lark Henners' objective looking at things = to be ultra sensitive re all things Skuse.

I agree he had been fine at this level this season but any time he has a bad game and somebody points out at that you are always come up with strong defence of him. You've been extremely sensitive about Skuse for years, he literally can do no wrong in your eyes.

But when it came to criticising Pennington on some occasions you've been crucifying him for every single mistake, for every poor kick.......but Skuse is always fine for you, amazing innit? Any mistake and you dislike any critic about him. Remember Norwich away last season and his 'assist' in the first minute? I said that to you after that game and you were rattled. As I have said he can do wrong in your eyes whereas players like Pennington have been heavily slated by yourself on many occasions despite the fact he wasn't worse than the rest of defence last season. And now you have an audacity to say to people that we aren't looking at things objectively.

Moreover, if Skuse hadn't played last night then you and number of people would have been using his absence as an excuse too. That would have been something like: 'We badly missed Skuse as he's been our outstanding performer blah blah blah, he is so reliable blah blah blah'. And that Skuse was at fault with both goals especially the second one and it's a fact not a critic. He had been fine this season but he had a bad game last night and his mistakes were costly. But if he hadn't played people would have had yet another excuse.

[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 16:20]
Cole Skuse on 16:19 - Oct 24 with 790 viewsjudespiveyg

Cole Skuse on 16:12 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

Not sure he's a better tackler than Skuse and certainly at this point his ability to read the game and break up play is inferior. He's got potential for sure but let's not nail him on for the Premier League after 10 good games in League 1. Let the kid develop. He's learning a lot playing alongside an experienced midfielder like Skuse.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 16:19]

Surely Downes breaks up play better given the frequency of his tackles and speed to pounce on under hit passes. Skuse isn't someone I'd associate with loads of significant tackles.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Cole Skuse on 16:24 - Oct 24 with 776 viewspowinswitch

Cole Skuse on 16:19 - Oct 24 by judespiveyg

Surely Downes breaks up play better given the frequency of his tackles and speed to pounce on under hit passes. Skuse isn't someone I'd associate with loads of significant tackles.

I’m not with you there Jude old boy. Skusey is very good at breaking up the opposition and is an asset for that. I cannot agree with Herbivore about his use of the ball. He doesn’t lose it I acknowledge but he doesn’t play a forward pass either. It’s always sideways and back. And he rarely plays the ball first time, and therefore slows us down, painfully.
Cole Skuse on 16:47 - Oct 24 with 758 viewsHerbivore

Cole Skuse on 16:19 - Oct 24 by judespiveyg

Skuse is far better at breaking up play. He doesn't need to necessarily make lots of tackles because he reads the game so well. He makes a ridiculous number of interceptions.

Cole Skuse on 16:50 - Oct 24 with 752 viewsMullet

He was poor last night, as was Chambers, but compared to what was around him...... Huws and Rowe tackled each other at one point which was inexplicable. We had no one showing for the ball or making runs where they didn't isolate themselves again time and again.

Both times they scored, they went from a tight formation to stepping up at once between Skuse and the rest of the midfield or Chambers and the rest of the back line. It was amateurish all round.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Cole Skuse on 16:52 - Oct 24 with 748 viewsPJH

Cole Skuse on 16:47 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

Skuse is far better at breaking up play. He doesn't need to necessarily make lots of tackles because he reads the game so well. He makes a ridiculous number of interceptions.

You are playing very well on this thread Herbi, keep it up and then I will not need to post(apart from this).
Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse on 17:04 - Oct 24 with 733 viewsjudespiveyg

Cole Skuse on 16:47 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

Hate to sound ignorant but could you define 'reading the game' for me. It gets coined a lot and I'm not 100% on what it means.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 17:05]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Cole Skuse on 17:05 - Oct 24 with 728 viewsPJH

Cole Skuse on 17:04 - Oct 24 by judespiveyg

Hate to sound ignorant but could you define 'reading the game' for me. It gets coined a lot and I'm not 100% on what it means.

Being in the right place at the right time for a start.
Cole Skuse on 17:24 - Oct 24 with 709 viewsHerbivore

Cole Skuse on 17:04 - Oct 24 by judespiveyg

Sure, it means having an awareness of what's going on around you, understanding and predicting how moves are developing, then positioning yourself somewhere that you can influence play by, for example, intercepting a pass. Skuse does this very well, he is usually in the right place at the right time to break up opposition attacks. I seem to remember last season or the season before there was a stat that put Skuse in the top handful of players across Europe for interceptions made.

Cole Skuse on 18:02 - Oct 24 with 700 viewsBiGDonnie

Cole Skuse on 09:33 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

If we brought Dozzell in for Skuse right now we would lose the midfield battle every single game. Skuse has been one of our best players this season, he's not our issue.

I do think we’d see a lot more from Dozzell if he was played in Skuses position. I’m not for one second saying he deserves to be in ahead of him though.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Cole Skuse on 18:19 - Oct 24 with 692 viewsHerbivore

Cole Skuse on 18:02 - Oct 24 by BiGDonnie

I do think we’d see a lot more from Dozzell if he was played in Skuses position. I’m not for one second saying he deserves to be in ahead of him though.

But we'd lose so much as a team. Dozzell does virtually no defensive work. How would we compensate for that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024