Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris/Cummins strategy.... 09:10 - Oct 23 with 4918 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....looks like it was always a people v Parliament election
....and many of the plebs will be keeping warm under their blankets so won't get out to vote Labour or Farage.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:20 - Oct 23 with 1619 viewsitfcjoe

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:13 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

...is fake news. We're there now with the States - blatant propaganda pumped out for the core support.

For those who haven't been following (why not?), it didn't 'pass', it only went through the second reading - it will have to go through the Lords, potential amendments and then a third reading successfully before it's "passed".

Johnson paused the Withdrawal Agreement Bill. He's delaying it from progressing.

Oh, and it's Boris'. Not Boris's.

How can any of the Labour Leavers like Flint and Kinnock back the Government on this? The Conservatives are after their seats and compromising with the Tories gets you nowhere

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:24 - Oct 23 with 1614 viewssolemio

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:13 - Oct 23 by Swansea_Blue

...is fake news. We're there now with the States - blatant propaganda pumped out for the core support.

For those who haven't been following (why not?), it didn't 'pass', it only went through the second reading - it will have to go through the Lords, potential amendments and then a third reading successfully before it's "passed".

Johnson paused the Withdrawal Agreement Bill. He's delaying it from progressing.

Oh, and it's Boris'. Not Boris's.

Both are correct.
Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:29 - Oct 23 with 1601 viewsRyorry

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:20 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

How can any of the Labour Leavers like Flint and Kinnock back the Government on this? The Conservatives are after their seats and compromising with the Tories gets you nowhere

Self-interest -

Result! If you told me a decade ago that I would be grateful to Oliver Letwin... by Ryorry 21 Oct 2019 11:21
https://twitter.com/cirian75/status/1185962604868636674?s=20

[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:32]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 1591 viewsGuthrum

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:20 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

Because in Brexit we have an issue which transcends the old party boundaries. Effectively, it is only inertia and ingrained tribalism which is holding them together at the moment.

I can't think of a time when we've had such constant and large-scale rebellion against party whips on important votes, combined with resignations, defections and expulsions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:33 - Oct 23 with 1589 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:24 - Oct 23 by solemio

Both are correct.

Evidently not, otherwise it couldn't be delayed by Labour. You can't have a Bill enacted into law and not enacted into law simultaneously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:39 - Oct 23 with 1578 viewsKievthegreat

Might not be an election just yet....

[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:39]
Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:44 - Oct 23 with 1561 viewsKievthegreat

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:39 - Oct 23 by Kievthegreat

Might not be an election just yet....

[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 11:39]

Or maybe no change...

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 12:28 - Oct 23 with 1535 viewsmanchego

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:24 - Oct 23 by solemio

Both are correct.

Turns out not to be true.
It hasn't passed Parliament otherwise it couldn't have been delayed.

someone wrote...

Untrue from the liar's party when the deal hasn't "passed Parliament" by clearing only a Commons 2nd reading(committee, report, 3rd reading and whole process in Lords to come) but 19 Lab MPs must feel silly when they allowed the Cons to put out misleading propaganda.
Login to get fewer ads

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 12:53 - Oct 23 with 1522 viewsm14_blue

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 12:28 - Oct 23 by manchego

Turns out not to be true.
It hasn't passed Parliament otherwise it couldn't have been delayed.

someone wrote...

Untrue from the liar's party when the deal hasn't "passed Parliament" by clearing only a Commons 2nd reading(committee, report, 3rd reading and whole process in Lords to come) but 19 Lab MPs must feel silly when they allowed the Cons to put out misleading propaganda.

I may be wrong but I think he might just be talking about the apostrophe when he says both are correct...
Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 13:48 - Oct 23 with 1478 viewsjaykay

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:15 - Oct 23 by StokieBlue

I didn't say that. I said it will play well to a set of voters - perhaps read more carefully?

It's no different to saying that JC putting renationalisation in his manifesto will play will to a set of voters.

You seem to be looking for offence where there is none.

SB

i thought appeal to voters would be better . yet when someone says something that is true its ' All pretty irrelevant' .i bid you good day

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 14:04 - Oct 23 with 1469 viewsStokieBlue

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 13:48 - Oct 23 by jaykay

i thought appeal to voters would be better . yet when someone says something that is true its ' All pretty irrelevant' .i bid you good day

You seem to be mixing up the realities of the situation with what I believe. If you want to pretend the realities don't exist then go right ahead.

No idea why, you seem to be intentionally misrepresenting my posts.

Have a good day.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 19:52 - Oct 23 with 1426 viewsLeoMuff

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:18 - Oct 23 by manchego

Tories love Boris. It doesn't matter about his bluster and lies. He'll keep Tory votes fairly strong. He doesn't do shame or embarrassment and they love that. Tories will find the magic money tree and campaign on cake and jam for everyone.

Corbyn will get humped. The Tories won't campaign anywhere nearly as bad as the last time.
Lib Dems will take a lot of Lab seats by default.
No Tories in Scotland.
Small Tory majority.

Just because the Tories love Boris doesn’t mean much, I would imagine a large part of the remain 48% will be voting against him for a start, there he always the very real chance he will shoot himself in the foot ala the laptop/wine domestic incident during the leadership campaign, Jennifer Acura, Darius Guppy I’m sure there’s plenty of much to throw which may not be out there yet.

We just need a united front from the opposition..

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 19:58 - Oct 23 with 1420 viewshampstead_blue

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 09:31 - Oct 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

He will.

Problem is that they won't give him an election because he will win.

The HoP wants to block Brexit end of. Labour keep moving the goal posts of triggering an election, they will lose.

Nothing will happen until Brexit is stopped. The HoP have really stooped and ignored the vote.

BJ has called Labours bluff and JC is stuck.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 20:11 - Oct 23 with 1401 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 19:58 - Oct 23 by hampstead_blue

Problem is that they won't give him an election because he will win.

The HoP wants to block Brexit end of. Labour keep moving the goal posts of triggering an election, they will lose.

Nothing will happen until Brexit is stopped. The HoP have really stooped and ignored the vote.

BJ has called Labours bluff and JC is stuck.

He may well, but there was a fairly damning set of stats floating round this morning that shows how unpopular Boris actually is. It might not be as obvious as some people are saying.

Approval ratings after first 3 months for each of the latest PMs:

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-data-poll-a-nation-discontented-and-divided-11841

I'm not holding out any false hopes on this though; Labour are borderline unelectable. I only say borderline, becasue they did make some good gains in the last GE, so credit where it's due. A lot of water under the bridge since then though and in addition to ripping themselves apart internally, they are alienating remain voters.

My hope of that the LDs make big gains, but PR is probably against them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 21:26 - Oct 23 with 1378 viewsVic

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 09:33 - Oct 23 by BlueinBrum

An interesting point about the weather. Have we ever had a winter election before? Not in my voting lifetime certainly.

I really don't think the importance of something like the weather should be understated. So many people just don't really give a toss and will only bother if it's not cold/raining.

So the olds won’t be able to get out to vote, leaving the hoof to win the day.

Or, the olds brave the elements while the snowflake generation stay home in the warm and melt.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 22:18 - Oct 23 with 1363 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 11:18 - Oct 23 by manchego

Tories love Boris. It doesn't matter about his bluster and lies. He'll keep Tory votes fairly strong. He doesn't do shame or embarrassment and they love that. Tories will find the magic money tree and campaign on cake and jam for everyone.

Corbyn will get humped. The Tories won't campaign anywhere nearly as bad as the last time.
Lib Dems will take a lot of Lab seats by default.
No Tories in Scotland.
Small Tory majority.

Agree, Tories will win around 330 seats. Labour will be destroyed by Lib Undemocrats in the Remainer areas and by TBP in traditional Labour heartlands.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 22:24 - Oct 23 with 1350 viewsKievthegreat

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 22:18 - Oct 23 by The_Last_Baron

Agree, Tories will win around 330 seats. Labour will be destroyed by Lib Undemocrats in the Remainer areas and by TBP in traditional Labour heartlands.

Lib Dems will take more seats from the Tories than Labour.

A list of seats showing the percentage swing required to the Lib Dems, there's lots more blue than red. A lot of the Tory seats in that list are former Lib Dem strongholds, especially in the southwest.

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/liberal-democrat
Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 23:00 - Oct 23 with 1323 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 22:24 - Oct 23 by Kievthegreat

Lib Dems will take more seats from the Tories than Labour.

A list of seats showing the percentage swing required to the Lib Dems, there's lots more blue than red. A lot of the Tory seats in that list are former Lib Dem strongholds, especially in the southwest.

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/liberal-democrat

Fair point.

I believe that an electoral pact between The Tories and TBP would produce a majority. I don't think it'll happen officially.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 23:03 - Oct 23 with 1318 viewsHerbivore

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 23:00 - Oct 23 by The_Last_Baron

Fair point.

I believe that an electoral pact between The Tories and TBP would produce a majority. I don't think it'll happen officially.

The Brexit Party are fast becoming an irrelevance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 23:04 - Oct 23 with 1317 viewsvapour_trail

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 23:00 - Oct 23 by The_Last_Baron

Fair point.

Believe what you want.

The BTP will not win a seat. They’ll just take votes off Johnson.

You still having a party on 31 Oct?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 07:47 - Oct 24 with 1270 viewsOxford_Blue

Plebs?

And you are?
Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 09:04 - Oct 24 with 1251 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Boris/Cummins strategy.... on 07:47 - Oct 24 by Oxford_Blue

Plebs?

And you are?

A pleb who rarely votes whatever the weather.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024