Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on tonight.. 21:58 - Oct 23 with 1094 viewsSwailsey

Lambert needs to stick to a settled team.

The squad rotation hasn’t made us significantly better than others.

The international break mind-game trick has backfired.

We have no obvious style of play.

We look completely shot shy.

Bring on Southend.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Thoughts on tonight.. on 22:06 - Oct 23 with 1029 viewsKeaneish

We haven't looked shot shy with Norwood in the side. We've looked disjointed and lacking drive with Downes out of it. We look chaotic at the back without Wolfenden.

That's the spine of the team that has to play every league game from now until the May.

Tjis squad rotation is nonsense. 4 to 5 changes a game. It was bound to come unstuck at some point.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Thoughts on tonight.. on 02:54 - Oct 24 with 908 viewsharlingblue

chrisswailses, you sum up my thoughts completely.

Plus I would say that Paul Lambert has united the Club and fans, and perhaps even got ME more involved. BUT I am not sure that that he is the right Manager of the 1st team?
In my mind a Manager knows his 1st team and tactical formation, if it is a winner, stick to it and let the other teams worry about how to beat it. If a player gets injured, replace him with the same.
Ramsey and Robson did it here in the past, yes I know 'the old days', but they both found a different formation to compete with the best.
Thoughts on tonight.. on 07:56 - Oct 24 with 801 viewssotd78

Thoughts on tonight.. on 02:54 - Oct 24 by harlingblue

chrisswailses, you sum up my thoughts completely.

Plus I would say that Paul Lambert has united the Club and fans, and perhaps even got ME more involved. BUT I am not sure that that he is the right Manager of the 1st team?
In my mind a Manager knows his 1st team and tactical formation, if it is a winner, stick to it and let the other teams worry about how to beat it. If a player gets injured, replace him with the same.
Ramsey and Robson did it here in the past, yes I know 'the old days', but they both found a different formation to compete with the best.

Agree. Spines of teams are what is needed. That is a goalie, centre half, midfield dynamo, striker and a wide man. Bobby Robson did it first with Best, Hunter, Viljoen, Belfitt and Robertson and then went on from there.
We have no cohesion, no game plan, no obvious formation. We could or should be able to play 442 and perhaps 541 to suit games and move easily between one and the other.
But at present we have a lot of second rate players, some unfit, and some out of position. All a bit of a muddle that came well unstuck against smaller squad teams with a proper plan and where everyone knew where everyone else was.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Thoughts on tonight.. on 08:56 - Oct 24 with 724 viewsPJH

The trouble is now that PL probably does not know what his best team is.

I think the rotation has gone on too long and is not doing much good and he does need to decide on his first choice team and then stick to it but deciding what his first choice team is will be the problem.

I don't know if he went into this season with a team in mind but if he did then all the changes since would have clouded those thoughts.

If and when Bishop, Lankester and Sears become available I would think all three would improve what we have got at the moment.
Thoughts on tonight.. on 09:00 - Oct 24 with 717 viewshampstead_blue

The rotation point is backfiring when you have to play Rowe two games on the spin.
He was out of position last night hence the lack of coherance in play.

Very narrow as well didn't help. We just kept banging at a very tall and closed door. Our wide players, LG, VCW are ace so should maximise their effectiveness.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024