Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently 08:19 - Aug 29 with 10109 viewsartsbossbeard

I was reading 442 on the sun lounger and they're classing this weekend as their big game of the season.

Not happy about Town's "underhand" approach for PH & Deputy Doig plus losing players to Town also. They have chants ready and possibly a banner.

Enjoy your big day out, maybe take in Pleaurewood Hills whilst you're over here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:19 - Aug 29 with 3460 viewshatch

Was reading the exact same column just last night too, coincidentally.

I was sitting there trying to think of the Hurst chants that will be flying around.

We always have the response ‘Wembley, and you f**ked it up’.
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:20 - Aug 29 with 3455 viewsfactual_blue

I'll be driving back down the M6 & A14 from the Midlands on Saturday morning. I'll wave at their ox-carts.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:21 - Aug 29 with 3455 viewsGeoffSentence

I see that in the Colchester bit they name Vincent-Young as their key player and reckon he should be at a higher level.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:27 - Aug 29 with 3432 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I have been to 78 league grounds, 66 of which were to watch Town and the other 12 as a neutral. I have watched Town all over Europe, seen us abroad in pre-season, been to watch many non-league games locally and all over the country and been to the old and new Wembley.

10 years or so back I randomly went to the Shrewsbury v Bristol Rovers playoff final at Wembley in with the Shrews.

They were without a doubt the worst set of fans I have ever encountered in terms of vocal support and this was for a Wembley final. They weren't Wembley regulars, it was their first trip to the new Wembley I believe, yes they lost 3-1 but even pre-match, at 0-0 and when they scored, the support was astonishingly bad.

I couldn't believe how quiet it was. You could hear peoples conversations. There was the odd cry of 'Salop, Salop' from a handful of teenagers and that was it.

I was absolutely gobsmacked. You had to be there. I'd say it was probably a similar atmosphere to one of those friendlies we had with Osasuna or Valladolid. The odd song but nothing to suggest it was a competitive game let alone a major final.

At the end it was all smiles. Nobody even appeared to be hurting!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:32 - Aug 29 with 3408 viewsDeano69

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 08:48 - Aug 29 by TIB

"Ipswich town centre ransacked by plague of angry shrews"

There's the headline.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 8:56]

Grrrr

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 10:08 - Aug 29 with 3333 viewsWeWereZombies

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:32 - Aug 29 by Deano69

Grrrr

Is that picture from The Shrews of the World or from the Shrew York Herald Tribune?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 10:20 - Aug 29 with 3309 viewsBlueBlood90

We should hate them more than they hate us.

They actually got compensation out of us for those two clowns and they are now looking likely to be managing in the conference next season.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 10:50 - Aug 29 with 3253 viewsSouperJim

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:19 - Aug 29 by hatch

Was reading the exact same column just last night too, coincidentally.

I was sitting there trying to think of the Hurst chants that will be flying around.

We always have the response ‘Wembley, and you f**ked it up’.

I think we just join in with "Paul Hurst, what a w@nker"

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 13:06 - Aug 29 with 3120 viewshoppy

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 10:50 - Aug 29 by SouperJim

I think we just join in with "Paul Hurst, what a w@nker"

That should just be played out over the PA system for everyone in the ground to join in with.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 13:14 - Aug 29 with 3100 viewstractordownsouth

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:17 - Aug 29 by BlueBadger

Never thought this day would come... by BlueBadger 28 Aug 2019 21:27
We should sing 'we should have let you keep your manager' at them.

We hate Paul Hurst more than you!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The Shrews should indeed be pissing themselves laughing on 13:17 - Aug 29 with 3089 viewsDyland

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:00 - Aug 29 by Stowmarketshrew

Hopefully 600-750 of us although doubt we'll be too loud as we rarely are away. Yes, there is plenty of beef about the way Hurst left us, although most of us see that mostly as Hurst's fault rather than Ipswich's fault. For those like myself who have a interest in ITFC given my many colleagues and family, I personally wanted to see him do well, although won't pretend I'm not taking some pleasure in his present troubles in Lincolnshire.

At our plight last season, and at Hurst's start to this season.

I think we can all be as one with some chants on Saturday :)

FOOOOOTBALL!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 13:20 - Aug 29 with 3078 viewsStowmarketshrew

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:27 - Aug 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I have been to 78 league grounds, 66 of which were to watch Town and the other 12 as a neutral. I have watched Town all over Europe, seen us abroad in pre-season, been to watch many non-league games locally and all over the country and been to the old and new Wembley.

10 years or so back I randomly went to the Shrewsbury v Bristol Rovers playoff final at Wembley in with the Shrews.

They were without a doubt the worst set of fans I have ever encountered in terms of vocal support and this was for a Wembley final. They weren't Wembley regulars, it was their first trip to the new Wembley I believe, yes they lost 3-1 but even pre-match, at 0-0 and when they scored, the support was astonishingly bad.

I couldn't believe how quiet it was. You could hear peoples conversations. There was the odd cry of 'Salop, Salop' from a handful of teenagers and that was it.

I was absolutely gobsmacked. You had to be there. I'd say it was probably a similar atmosphere to one of those friendlies we had with Osasuna or Valladolid. The odd song but nothing to suggest it was a competitive game let alone a major final.

At the end it was all smiles. Nobody even appeared to be hurting!

We took over 20,000 to Wembley that day, perhaps even close to 25,000. Far too many day trippers given the new Wembley had just opened. There was also no coordination amongst fans to they were all spread out.

Contrast that with two seasons ago. Two trips to Wembley including the play off final, probably the biggest game in the club's history and we took barely 10,000 but we coordinated the singers into one block and the atmosphere was immeasurably better despite the result. Been to the new Wembley four times with Shrewsbury, and seen four defeats - hate the place.
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 14:10 - Aug 29 with 3023 viewsconnorscontract

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 08:56 - Aug 29 by ShropshireBluenago09

Should be 500-600. Guaranteed they will make some noise and are still bitter over Hurst. Many Shrews fans would have Hurst back.
Expect loud chants of ‘SALOP’ throughout.

Salop is pretty much French for "slut".

And they are all "Salopards" which is an alternative French word for "bastard".
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 15:00 - Aug 29 with 2958 viewscharlie1

No-one likes Saloppy seconds.
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 15:01 - Aug 29 with 2954 viewsActionMan

How can they be mad, we saved them by taking those two muppets and their cack players from them, we have already been punished for the move.
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 15:23 - Aug 29 with 2917 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Oh dear, we had better take the ex-Shrews out of the firing line.

Time to rest Nolan and Nsiala …

Was there anyone else?

Going to find it hard taking their anger out on them, Hurst and Doig.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 16:09 - Aug 29 with 2861 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 13:20 - Aug 29 by Stowmarketshrew

We took over 20,000 to Wembley that day, perhaps even close to 25,000. Far too many day trippers given the new Wembley had just opened. There was also no coordination amongst fans to they were all spread out.

Contrast that with two seasons ago. Two trips to Wembley including the play off final, probably the biggest game in the club's history and we took barely 10,000 but we coordinated the singers into one block and the atmosphere was immeasurably better despite the result. Been to the new Wembley four times with Shrewsbury, and seen four defeats - hate the place.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

That makes sense if it was lar daytrippers and no hardcore of singing support to kick off the songs.

Just struck me as incredibly odd how quiet it was for a game of that magnitude.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 16:15 - Aug 29 with 2840 viewsSouperJim

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 16:09 - Aug 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

That makes sense if it was lar daytrippers and no hardcore of singing support to kick off the songs.

Just struck me as incredibly odd how quiet it was for a game of that magnitude.

One of my lasting memories of Wembley 2000 was how Rob Chandler completely destroyed his Barnsley counterpart in the build up. We were all over them before a ball had even been kicked and really helped with the atmosphere which can easily be diluted when your vocal fans are dotted around.

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 22:44 - Aug 29 with 2616 viewsallezlesbleus

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 09:08 - Aug 29 by BloomBlue

Will they throw the cow onto the pitch in the same way the French rugger fans do with the cockerel?

I saw some Spurs fans do that at FPR, around 1980, in the West Stand. * cockerel, not cow
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 23:04 - Aug 29 with 2583 viewsagentp

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 22:44 - Aug 29 by allezlesbleus

I saw some Spurs fans do that at FPR, around 1980, in the West Stand. * cockerel, not cow

TBF we've had managers that have thrown on a few cocks since then.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 23:08]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 06:24 - Aug 30 with 2440 viewsKeaneish

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 08:40 - Aug 29 by textbackup

OVER on twitbook they have the right hump over Town fans calling them slugs

Of all the mollusc slurs they could have used, that one is particularly terrifying.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 06:32 - Aug 30 with 2430 viewsm14_blue

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 15:01 - Aug 29 by ActionMan

How can they be mad, we saved them by taking those two muppets and their cack players from them, we have already been punished for the move.

Which ‘cack’ players?
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 07:37 - Aug 30 with 2363 viewsStowmarketshrew

No beef here! ;-)

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97864/ipswich?page=1
Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 14:54 - Feb 14 with 1397 viewsBlueBlood90

They got compensation money for Hurst/Doig and £2m for Nolan and Toto.

It should be us having a beef with them if anything.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 15:09 - Feb 14 with 1368 viewsSouperJim

Shrewsbury coming in numbers with a beef apparently on 14:54 - Feb 14 by BlueBlood90

They got compensation money for Hurst/Doig and £2m for Nolan and Toto.

It should be us having a beef with them if anything.

You're 6 months late there fella.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024