Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worried 13:39 - Aug 27 with 17224 viewstroyse

Got to 10th September sep rang said they havnt received doctors letter support workers letter got to 10th sept really worried thats deadline really worried cant take this anymore
Worried on 15:25 - Aug 27 with 6197 viewsPJH

Worried on 15:15 - Aug 27 by thatdamgood89

I am really sorry to hear of your situation Troy. I don't mean to sound harsh because it must be a complete drain on you, however you must start to
A) get tougher on the phone with them and ask for help. This should also help with your claim as it show's your unable to deal with other people or businesses
B) Take some tough decisions on your current lifestyle and spending choices.

I'm on PIP the same as you. I am physically disabled. I earn only the PIP which is £310 P/M.Nothing else. I haven't been able to afford;
Sky
BT sport
Netflix
Any new clothes
for years ( my holy underwear shows this LMAO)
I haven't been able to afford away matches for 4 years. I went to Peterbourgh because it was my best mates 30th birthday and I saved for 4 months so I could go.
Outside of that I am now done for away days for another 4 years probably because I can't afford it and it's not a given right to go.
Thankfully I have a Nan and a wife. My Nan pays my season ticket because I come with her and it's our time together.

I had to make tough choices with things I could or couldn't afford.
I've never once asked anyone outside my family for anything clothes food or payments.

If you need help budgeting or need help in anyway ASK ME my door is always open to help anyone. If you need help with PIP speaking to them or form filling. Someone fighting your corner who knows the system again ask I am happy to help.

Troy, as others have said you need to take up this posters kind offer of help and advice.
Worried on 15:37 - Aug 27 with 6135 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worried on 14:17 - Aug 27 by troyse

Not point tho and got photocopy thanks help just u guys dont have worry I do it's my life footie

Be thankful you are not a Bury fan.

The football is still there to follow. Sometimes having to listen on the radio or something different makes you appreciate the rarer occasions you can go too.

Perhaps there is someone who doesn't go to away games you can arrange to get together with to listen to the away games.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worried on 15:45 - Aug 27 with 6109 viewsjas0999

Worried on 14:07 - Aug 27 by NotMarcusEvans

Hi Troy. Please don't threaten things like that, we're trying to help you. As you know you'll have limited funds for the next few months, you may need to think about how you'll budget for that. I saw on the Town Twitter channel that you were at Bolton away. Many of us couldn't get there for financial reasons as well. I know it's a ballache but sometimes you have to cut back on the little luxuries when money's tight. Reach out to someone to help you with planning a realistic budget and sticking to it.

Exactly this. You have to live to your means. Many folk can’t afford to go to every football match throughout the season, let alone away days. Football is very much a luxury.
Worried on 15:51 - Aug 27 with 6088 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Worried on 15:45 - Aug 27 by jas0999

Exactly this. You have to live to your means. Many folk can’t afford to go to every football match throughout the season, let alone away days. Football is very much a luxury.

and there are ways to enjoy it without necessarily attending every match.

Even when it doesn't always feel like it, there are lots of things that make life worth living. At times we may lose sight of some but there are lots of people who care about you, Troy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Worried on 15:55 - Aug 27 with 6070 viewsBlueBadger

Worried on 14:40 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

I do appreciate that it may be tougher for Troy to accept and understand that some temporary sacrifice is needed than most though. I don't want to appear to be too harsh here.

Hence my suggestion on non-league football instead of away days. It means he can still go tot football and save a fair bit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Worried on 15:58 - Aug 27 with 6058 viewsnoggin

Could you watch away games on IFollow? £10 is much cheaper that travelling to the game.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Worried on 16:01 - Aug 27 with 6042 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I am really sorry to hear of your situation Troy. I don't mean to sound harsh because it must be a complete drain on you, however you must start to
A) get tougher on the phone with them and ask for help. This should also help with your claim as it show's your unable to deal with other people or businesses

I'm on PIP the same as you. I am physically disabled. I earn only the PIP which is £310 P/M.Nothing else. I haven't been able to afford;
Sky
BT sport
Netflix
Any new clothes
I haven't been able to afford away matches for 4 years. I went to Peterbourgh because it was my best mates 30th birthday and I saved for 4 months so I could go.
Outside of that I am now done for away days for another 4 years probably because I can't afford it and it's not a given right to go.
Thankfully I have a Nan and a wife. My Nan pays my season ticket because I come with her and it's our time together.

I've never once asked anyone outside my family for anything clothes food or payments.

If you need help budgeting or need help in anyway ASK ME my door is always open to help anyone. If you need help with PIP speaking to them or form filling. Someone fighting your corner who knows the system again ask I am happy to help.

Fair play

Troy, you 100% should message this poster.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Worried on 21:05 - Aug 27 with 5838 viewsSwailsey

Troy, are you there?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Worried on 21:22 - Aug 27 with 5793 viewsPippin1970

Some really nice people in here. Definently take their advice. My job is to look after really challenging disabled clients with deep rooted mental health issues. One guy we had loves football but not one to take into the community. Kitted his room out in his favourite team, posters etc. Just talking to him makes him happy. Another is an amputee who is always positive regardless of how he feels. My message is try to enjoy life, keep talking never suppress things and wait till we get promoted next year. Football isn't everything and I'm sure you'll sort your money out.
Worried on 21:48 - Aug 27 with 5722 viewshaynes_toe1

Does anyone local who knows troy live near him? I feel like 30 mins of someone's time with him one on one could get alot of the stress alleviated and problems sorted.
Worried on 23:19 - Aug 27 with 5627 viewsjeera

There is no point in us lot just continuing to pile in with long-winded posts.

It is possible that you find it a bit overwhelming so look at this please:

There are 3 posters putting themselves forward to help you directly.

Choose one:

Chambeau.

thatdamgood.

Gainsboroughblue.

PM them and allow one of them to help you because you are running out of time.

Do it now and if you do not get a reply by tomorrow then choose another one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worried on 03:36 - Aug 28 with 5546 viewsSE1blue

Sky
BT sport
Netflix
Any new clothes

Beautiful post.

It’s these kind of messages that make the TWTD forum such a great place to be. You’re a good person thatdamngood89.

I wish I had links to the club so that I could highlight the kind of person you are to those involved at ITFC. Whilst you may not be able to afford tickets etc. you have so much, worth so much more; the games with your nan, the support of your wife and clearly, a good heart.

Like I said, a beautiful post, thanks for sharing.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Worried on 04:28 - Aug 28 with 5519 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Worried on 14:48 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

Cheers. I agree with all of that.

Troy, have you already bought Rochdale ticket and booked travel?

He has. I believe his new plan is to use his half price coach travel (for having a Season Ticket/Gold Card) to go to Rochdale for the rearranged midweek game.

I saw him at Peterborough away as it goes in one of our away pubs we had. No denial he clearly loves his away days with his mates. Was nice to see.

That being said, I can see why it would start to grind on people about the away matches when TWTD paid for his season ticket.

Worried on 04:31 - Aug 28 with 5517 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Worried on 14:40 - Aug 27 by SpruceMoose

I do appreciate that it may be tougher for Troy to accept and understand that some temporary sacrifice is needed than most though. I don't want to appear to be too harsh here.

I don’t think anyone is coming across harsh.

The forums advice for Troy over the last few months has shown once again why it is nothing short of remarkable. Reminds me in a way about the campaign for young Oliver a few years ago.

TWTD at its best
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 4:31]

Worried on 15:27 - Aug 28 with 5244 viewstroyse

Worried on 14:32 - Aug 27 by Sikamikanico

If you have copies then definitely send recorded delivery again, with your case number on a covering letter.

Make sure the covering letter refers to them already being sent.

Make sure it is sent to the officer dealing with the appeal. At the end of the day the DWP is a large organisation and you must be able to prove they received it.

yh Ill defo get proof ill go royal mail office tomoz to prove they got it ill put both letters at office tomoz bit worried
Worried on 15:58 - Aug 28 with 5177 viewsSikamikanico

Worried on 15:27 - Aug 28 by troyse

yh Ill defo get proof ill go royal mail office tomoz to prove they got it ill put both letters at office tomoz bit worried

Troy

I would contact the poster above who has first hand experience of this. His advice and help would be invaluable
Worried on 16:45 - Aug 28 with 5126 viewsSwailsey

Worried on 15:58 - Aug 28 by Sikamikanico

Troy

I would contact the poster above who has first hand experience of this. His advice and help would be invaluable

Troy, yes - please contact thatdamngood89 via private message on here.

His post again is:

"15:15 - Aug 27 | I am really sorry to hear of your situation Troy. I don't mean to sound harsh because it must be a complete drain on you, however you must start to

Sky
BT sport
Netflix
Any new clothes

If you need help budgeting or need help in anyway ASK ME my door is always open to help anyone. If you need help with PIP speaking to them or form filling. Someone fighting your corner who knows the system again ask I am happy to help."

Please let me know if you need any help from any of us but if you want this resolved, you MUST contact someone here who has offered to help.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Worried on 16:52 - Aug 28 with 5114 viewswkj

It is a bit of a shame, there has been a good supply of advice on here and other similar posts, as of yet it seems none of it has been acted upon, teach a man to fish and all that.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worried on 17:31 - Aug 28 with 5058 viewsSwailsey

Worried on 16:52 - Aug 28 by wkj

It is a bit of a shame, there has been a good supply of advice on here and other similar posts, as of yet it seems none of it has been acted upon, teach a man to fish and all that.

I've PM'd him my post above, hopefully he will reach out.

If he doesn't and we keep responding, we are in danger of becoming enablers.

Worried on 17:36 - Aug 28 with 5035 viewsJ2BLUE

Worried on 15:27 - Aug 28 by troyse

Good stuff Troy, well done.

Have you got a copy on your computer that you could email as well? Email is virtually instant and if you're sending the letters tomorrow they won't get there until Friday, then it's the weekend.

Try and send them this letter from all angles until they act upon it!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Worried on 23:18 - Aug 28 with 4927 viewsronnyd

Worried on 16:52 - Aug 28 by wkj

Yes, would agree with you. Three cast-iron offers of good advice but,sadly, they don,t seem to be acknowledged or acted upon, which is as shame. C,mon Troy, give ,em call.
Worried on 08:30 - Aug 29 with 4761 viewsnoggin

Worried on 23:18 - Aug 28 by ronnyd

Yes, would agree with you. Three cast-iron offers of good advice but,sadly, they don,t seem to be acknowledged or acted upon, which is as shame. C,mon Troy, give ,em call.

I don’t know Troy, but I’m starting to think he doesn’t want help.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Worried on 08:58 - Aug 29 with 4734 viewsgainsboroughblue

Worried on 08:30 - Aug 29 by noggin

I don’t know Troy, but I’m starting to think he doesn’t want help.

He has got a support worker and family by all accounts that I'm sure will be helping him do the right things.

He's probably just venting on here.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Worried on 09:01 - Aug 29 with 4715 viewsthatdamgood89

Worried on 08:58 - Aug 29 by gainsboroughblue

He has got a support worker and family by all accounts that I'm sure will be helping him do the right things.

It's a daunting thing reaching out. Fully support anyone going through this system
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 9:01]

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Worried on 09:03 - Aug 29 with 4711 viewsPJH

Worried on 08:58 - Aug 29 by gainsboroughblue

I hope that your words of wisdom are right because he does not seem to be acting on the very good advice that he gets on here, or the offers of help from people that understand his situation far better than most of us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024