Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge leaves opens a Murphy return 13:12 - Jul 24 with 5146 viewsStewards_Enquiry

I am 50/50 on Judge leaving, his passion and effort was there for all to see last season, but he didn't score and I am not sure we scored many from his set pieces.

We have brought in Luke Garbutt, who Lambert has said is excellent at set pieces ! one piece missing solved !

Now I know a lot of people will say no thanks but Murphy as a Super Sub or as a pairing with Norwood for some games would be excellent in my opinion and if Huws stays fit or Dozzell stays we have back up for Judges position that is if we play that way ! or 4 4 2 and Rowe come in and brings last seasons form with him !

COYB Stay positive

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:16 - Jul 24 with 5103 viewsJ2BLUE

It really doesn't. Norwood is the main man. We aren't going to get a player of Murphy's quality in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:16 - Jul 24 with 5101 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree. If we were able to get someone like Murphy in they would offer at least as much. However, would we realistically be able to get him in and would he stay fit?

It might be better if Judge leaves to just give Dozzell, Bishop, EL Mizouni, etc more pitch time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:16 - Jul 24 with 5090 viewsArnieM

Murphy is waaay past it , and only ever had one purple season. No thanks

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:18 - Jul 24 with 5062 viewsJoHnNnY

I’d say give Norwood Jackson to up front a go.

Judge is only sulking as Lambert can’t really play him in his “preferred role”.. well
Do you know what mate, you’re lucky to have a place in our team so do one!!

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:18 - Jul 24 with 5064 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:16 - Jul 24 by ArnieM

He really isn't. He looked very good, sharp and even quick over a short distance for Forest at the end of last season. Not to mention a massive aerial threat.

Even at 36 he would be one of the best strikers in League One.

Murphy is no longer a top Championship striker, but it's ridiculous to suggest he we are better than Daryl Murphy when we have two fit strikers.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:18 - Jul 24 with 5060 viewsJimmyJazz

Judge must have been one of our top earners, so him leaving would free up some wages for a free signing - Keane? I'd rather swap a midfielder for a striker or defender on a comparable wage

I was surprised that Judge signed on after the season finished, so easy come easy go as far as i'm concerned.

I feel that with Judge in the team we look like one of those international teams who have one good player, who tries to carry the country on his back - and invariably fails with the added responsability affecting his own performance. I mean 0 goals and 1 assist for us last season?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:20 - Jul 24 with 5048 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:16 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

It really doesn't. Norwood is the main man. We aren't going to get a player of Murphy's quality in.

No club has come in for Murphy as yet and Forest will want his wages off the wage bill as they don't want him there, other teams in a better position financially wont take a chance on him. Therefore if we offered to pay a proportion of his salary with bonus payments depending on the season outcome I don't think its impossible !

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:21 - Jul 24 with 5030 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:18 - Jul 24 by JoHnNnY

I’d say give Norwood Jackson to up front a go.

Judge is only sulking as Lambert can’t really play him in his “preferred role”.. well
Do you know what mate, you’re lucky to have a place in our team so do one!!

I actually think this works both ways. We get less out of Judge on the wing. As such, it might be best for both parties if we take the money and move on.

How much has Judge actually contributed since he arrived? Maybe we will be better developing someone with more of a future with us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 4937 viewsipswichtillidie

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:16 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

We could but we’d sell him 3 months later!

Gav

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:43 - Jul 24 with 4864 viewsJ2BLUE

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:20 - Jul 24 by Stewards_Enquiry

No club has come in for Murphy as yet and Forest will want his wages off the wage bill as they don't want him there, other teams in a better position financially wont take a chance on him. Therefore if we offered to pay a proportion of his salary with bonus payments depending on the season outcome I don't think its impossible !

It is impossible. I would love to end up looking stupid with him holding the shirt up but this has zero chance of happening.

Truly impaired.

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:51 - Jul 24 with 4808 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:43 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

It is impossible. I would love to end up looking stupid with him holding the shirt up but this has zero chance of happening.

I don't think it is.

Could be a perfect storm.

- Forest don't need him so will be prepared to get some of his wages back
- We need attacking reinforcements
- At 36 he's unlikely to be desirable for many Championship sides
- But he's still got something to offer in League One
- At 36 he won't want to miss a season with time running out, so might consider anything
- He's been here four times, and we've been the best times of his career
- A loan is exactly the sort of short term measure Evans would prefer to buying

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:58 - Jul 24 with 4762 viewsJ2BLUE

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:51 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I don't think it is.

Could be a perfect storm.

- Forest don't need him so will be prepared to get some of his wages back
- We need attacking reinforcements
- At 36 he's unlikely to be desirable for many Championship sides
- But he's still got something to offer in League One
- At 36 he won't want to miss a season with time running out, so might consider anything
- He's been here four times, and we've been the best times of his career
- A loan is exactly the sort of short term measure Evans would prefer to buying

I'm not saying you're wrong, just IMO it has zero chance. If we had Jackson and Harrison and needed a real #1 striker then absolutely, it would have a chance. Just can't see him coming here with Norwood.

I predict he'll be loaned to a top half Championship club on deadline day.

Truly impaired.

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 14:01 - Jul 24 with 4741 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:58 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

I'm not saying you're wrong, just IMO it has zero chance. If we had Jackson and Harrison and needed a real #1 striker then absolutely, it would have a chance. Just can't see him coming here with Norwood.

I predict he'll be loaned to a top half Championship club on deadline day.

The form of Norwood and Jackson certainly makes it far less likely. Along with one up front.

Hopefully we get someone because either of those two could struggle, get injured and we simply need competition for places there because if we can't score (and let's be honest we don't have loads of midfielders that get amongst the goals) we aren't doing anything this season.

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 4631 viewsActionMan

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:18 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He really isn't. He looked very good, sharp and even quick over a short distance for Forest at the end of last season. Not to mention a massive aerial threat.

Even at 36 he would be one of the best strikers in League One.

Murphy is no longer a top Championship striker, but it's ridiculous to suggest he we are better than Daryl Murphy when we have two fit strikers.

The idea that he was only good for one season is strange too considering he's about 2 goals from entering the top 10 goalscorers of all time here. I am pretty sure he didn't score close to 70 goals in 2014-15!
Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 14:52 - Jul 24 with 4594 viewshampstead_blue

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 13:16 - Jul 24 by ArnieM

I'd agree that if it were 1 up front then Murphy isn't for us.

Pair him with Norwood and you've just hit some gold.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:01 - Jul 24 with 4560 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 14:45 - Jul 24 by ActionMan

The idea that he was only good for one season is strange too considering he's about 2 goals from entering the top 10 goalscorers of all time here. I am pretty sure he didn't score close to 70 goals in 2014-15!

I don't know why you're replying to me.

I'm a big fan of Murphy.

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:34 - Jul 24 with 4444 viewsNazemariner

Not for me i'm afraid, but i do agree with the crux of your post. I'd happily swap Judge for a big, strong and experienced centre forward such as Murph.
Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:35 - Jul 24 with 4432 viewsrickw

It sounds good to me
442 and if the pace of Jackson doesn't work then bring on Murphy to offer a different problem.

It doesn't matter that Murphy isn't a long term solution, throughout the season Sears, Morris and Folami will return and hopefully at least one of them will be able to make an impact

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:41 - Jul 24 with 4399 viewsNazemariner

We are not likely to have our top earner, and that is what Murphy would be if he were to return, as a super sub are we!

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:48 - Jul 24 with 4368 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:41 - Jul 24 by Nazemariner

We are not likely to have our top earner, and that is what Murphy would be if he were to return, as a super sub are we!

I'm not sure you understand how loans work.

If Murphy is on £20,000 a week at Forest, quite possible given what he was on at Newcastle and Forest don't want him, which is reportedly the case, then that's £20,000 they are paying him for nothing.

If on the last few days of the transfer window, we came in and offered them £5,000 a week, and nobody else has done, then it's better for Forest to get £5,000 back than nothing if they have no use for him.

We are not going to sign him, make him our top earner and let him have 15 minutes off the bench. But the likeliness is that lower end Championship sides may not fancy him because of the fact he won't be able to contribute much, or Murphy won't want to spend one of his last seasons in football as an unused sub and we are one of only 3 or 4 clubs in League One that could possibly offer Forest even a quarter of their money back.

I don't think it's going to happen either. But for many reasons we are probably the most likely place he'd end up, based on our need for strikers, his affinity for the club, his wanting to get games before he can no longer play professional football and so on.

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:56 - Jul 24 with 4336 viewsNazemariner

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:48 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If Murphy is on £20,000 a week at Forest, quite possible given what he was on at Newcastle and Forest don't want him, which is reportedly the case, then that's £20,000 they are paying him for nothing.

If on the last few days of the transfer window, we came in and offered them £5,000 a week, and nobody else has done, then it's better for Forest to get £5,000 back than nothing if they have no use for him.

We are not going to sign him, make him our top earner and let him have 15 minutes off the bench. But the likeliness is that lower end Championship sides may not fancy him because of the fact he won't be able to contribute much, or Murphy won't want to spend one of his last seasons in football as an unused sub and we are one of only 3 or 4 clubs in League One that could possibly offer Forest even a quarter of their money back.

I don't think it's going to happen either. But for many reasons we are probably the most likely place he'd end up, based on our need for strikers, his affinity for the club, his wanting to get games before he can no longer play professional football and so on.

I'm glad you are on hand to educate me in the way of the loan system.

Just to clarify? You are making up random figures in order to justify a hypothetical situation are you not?
Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 16:31 - Jul 24 with 4264 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 14:01 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The form of Norwood and Jackson certainly makes it far less likely. Along with one up front.

Hopefully we get someone because either of those two could struggle, get injured and we simply need competition for places there because if we can't score (and let's be honest we don't have loads of midfielders that get amongst the goals) we aren't doing anything this season.

What form are Jackson and Norwood in? Jackson was pony last season and neither has played a competitive game for us in this league as yet.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 19:00 - Jul 24 with 3997 viewsHipsterectomy

Heard the reason that Lafferty has quit Rangers is he is joining us keep the faith

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 19:15 - Jul 24 with 3960 viewsJ2BLUE

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 15:48 - Jul 24 by WarkTheWarkITFC

If he's available for £5k a week he won't be coming here. I'm not sure where this myth that he would be useless in the Championship but amazing in league one has come from.

Lambert often plays one up front. Norwood is our star man and big signing of the summer. Murphy isn't coming back. It's very obvious when you put it all together. It's a deluded supporter fantasy.

Truly impaired.

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 3878 viewsFifeITFC

Judge leaves opens a Murphy return on 19:00 - Jul 24 by Hipsterectomy

Heard the reason that Lafferty has quit Rangers is he is joining us keep the faith

No thanks, I'd rather have Sam Parkin or Bill Mohnsi (sp?) back.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024