Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus has put 100 million into the club 09:52 - Jul 16 with 15189 viewsBluefish

And won't see it ever again, you lot cry about £1.75 and call him a disgrace. Entitled nobheads. We will need to recover more next season if Lambert carries on with his performance level so far (excluding letters to fans)
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:52]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:21 - Jul 16 with 3312 viewsSwansea_Blue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:58 - Jul 16 by LeoMuff

I don’t doubt ME has lost a fair wedge, but I doubt it’s anywhere near £100m despite what the figure might officially be.

Pretty much all of that is down to his poor decision making, so not much sympathy here.

This might be far too simplistic, but isn't current debt (last accounts) at ~£95m and it was at about ~£32m when he bought us, so he's funded an additional £63m or so, plus whatever last year's loss was?

And of course that's still owable in principle (even though it's highly unlikely he'll get it back on selling the club). But this is one of the problems with this debt that we're often told isn't a debt. It will have an impact when he comes to sell, if only on his attitude to potential buyers when the debt issue is discussed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:22 - Jul 16 with 3309 viewstextbackup

I’m actually a little embarrassed for you with this one mate.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:31 - Jul 16 with 3295 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I haven’t seen a single person moan about the money. It’s the principle I have a problem with here.

This is the timeline of events here:
- Town are rubbish all season.
- The fans stick with it.
- These away fans see 2 away wins all season.
- Town finish bottom of the league in a shambolic season that is the lowest finish in 60 years.
- Town sell a high amount of season tickets.
- Fixtures are released and town fans spend well over £100 on train tickets just for the first three/four away games of the season.
- We go to buy our tickets for Burton away (in League 1 thanks to the aforementioned shambles)
- There’s a surprise bonus fee being added on as a final kick in the bollox after a year of following that sh*te Up and down the country.

Now.. here’s the question for you Fishers. Do you think this is a good decision when Evans really ought to be doing everything he can to keep the fans onside as really he’s fortunate he gets away with it like he does. ‘It’s only £1.75’ is true. But the principle of being charged a bit extra just for the privilege of watching us for another season across the country leaves a very sour taste in my month.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:36 - Jul 16 with 3288 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:22 - Jul 16 by textbackup

I’m actually a little embarrassed for you with this one mate.

Don't worry I'd have to go a fair way to match the levels of embarrassment for the claims of how great we would become without Mick

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:38 - Jul 16 with 3274 viewsTrequartista

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:17 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

How much do you think would get him there? Another 100 million? Probably not enough. 200 million? Worth that sort of gamble? Would that claw it back anyway?

Can't really put a figure on it really. Had we got someone like Chris Wilder we could have done it with less money but hindsight of course

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:42 - Jul 16 with 3265 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:38 - Jul 16 by Trequartista

Can't really put a figure on it really. Had we got someone like Chris Wilder we could have done it with less money but hindsight of course

Simple as that

Silly Marcus, all of the other owners clearly manage to get promotion like the Sheff United did so why can't we?

When mick got us to the play offs people said similar things about us

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:53 - Jul 16 with 3250 viewsTrequartista

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:42 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Simple as that

Silly Marcus, all of the other owners clearly manage to get promotion like the Sheff United did so why can't we?

When mick got us to the play offs people said similar things about us

You'd think that as Mick is such as football genius he would have got us promoted with a better budget, but you don't appear to share that confidence, fair enough.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:56 - Jul 16 with 3244 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:53 - Jul 16 by Trequartista

You'd think that as Mick is such as football genius he would have got us promoted with a better budget, but you don't appear to share that confidence, fair enough.

Sheffield United had a bigger budget than us...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:58 - Jul 16 with 3241 viewsRadlett_blue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:21 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

This might be far too simplistic, but isn't current debt (last accounts) at ~£95m and it was at about ~£32m when he bought us, so he's funded an additional £63m or so, plus whatever last year's loss was?

And of course that's still owable in principle (even though it's highly unlikely he'll get it back on selling the club). But this is one of the problems with this debt that we're often told isn't a debt. It will have an impact when he comes to sell, if only on his attitude to potential buyers when the debt issue is discussed.

It won't. If Evans wants to sell Town, he will write off the debt & get whatever a debt free Town is worth. Which is certainly less than he would have got a couple of years ago so I would be very surprised if he sold now. After one season of adjustment, even if we stay down, operating losses could be lower than in the Championship so owning Town will cost him less each year.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:12 - Jul 16 with 3220 viewsTrequartista

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:56 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It couldn't have been much bigger in 2017-18 when they had just come up and finished 9pts ahead of us.

My point, in this instance, is more that a club of our stature should not be the 18th or 19th biggest wage bill in the Championship, as much as any criticism of managerial performance.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:18 - Jul 16 with 3212 viewstextbackup

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:36 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Don't worry I'd have to go a fair way to match the levels of embarrassment for the claims of how great we would become without Mick

if that happened id agree with you, however it didn't. but please continue to be a middle aged man trying to wind people up on an internet forum

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:18 - Jul 16 with 3212 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:12 - Jul 16 by Trequartista

It couldn't have been much bigger in 2017-18 when they had just come up and finished 9pts ahead of us.

My point, in this instance, is more that a club of our stature should not be the 18th or 19th biggest wage bill in the Championship, as much as any criticism of managerial performance.

Squad cost 3x as much as ours and a higher wage bill. Tweets below from Kieran Maguire that was posted the other day refer

No doubt Wilder is an excellent manager - but that should put in perspective the job McCarthy was continuing to do here, results-wise at least

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1149568047352406018?ref_src=twsr

EDIT - no idea how to embed the tweet 🤷🏻‍♂️
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 15:19]

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:26 - Jul 16 with 3199 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:56 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And forward thinking manager.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:33 - Jul 16 with 3183 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:26 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

And forward thinking manager.

Well thank god we got rid of him and replaced him with a young up and comer then eh?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:48 - Jul 16 with 3164 viewsTrequartista

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:18 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Squad cost 3x as much as ours and a higher wage bill. Tweets below from Kieran Maguire that was posted the other day refer

No doubt Wilder is an excellent manager - but that should put in perspective the job McCarthy was continuing to do here, results-wise at least

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1149568047352406018?ref_src=twsr

EDIT - no idea how to embed the tweet 🤷🏻‍♂️
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 15:19]

I'm not sure squad cost is a significant yardstick when the figures for both teams are so low, both teams would have bought players for nothing who would have been worth more than the entire squad cost.

But having said that, I have changed my mind a bit on the "blame" somewhat pre-Hurst when those 2017-18 wage figures were released away from McCarthy and towards Evans. I hadn't realised we were 18th or 19th. I thought we weren't paying many fees because we paid good wages, but evidently not.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 15:49]

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:51 - Jul 16 with 3155 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:48 - Jul 16 by Trequartista

I'm not sure squad cost is a significant yardstick when the figures for both teams are so low, both teams would have bought players for nothing who would have been worth more than the entire squad cost.

But having said that, I have changed my mind a bit on the "blame" somewhat pre-Hurst when those 2017-18 wage figures were released away from McCarthy and towards Evans. I hadn't realised we were 18th or 19th. I thought we weren't paying many fees because we paid good wages, but evidently not.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 15:49]

Fair enough

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:51 - Jul 16 with 3154 viewshampstead_blue

Q: How do you make a small fortune?

A: Have a large one and then buy a football club.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

To be fair it did.... on 15:57 - Jul 16 with 3147 viewsBloots

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:18 - Jul 16 by textbackup

if that happened id agree with you, however it didn't. but please continue to be a middle aged man trying to wind people up on an internet forum

...plenty of people were saying it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:05 - Jul 16 with 3128 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 15:33 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well thank god we got rid of him and replaced him with a young up and comer then eh?

Oh what a pity we got rid of him. Would have loved him to have kept sniping at our fans.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:19 - Jul 16 with 3107 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:05 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Oh what a pity we got rid of him. Would have loved him to have kept sniping at our fans.

Again thankfully he’s gone and no longer says anything about our fans, and things have swimmingly for us too

Everyone’s a winner eh! 🙌🏻

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:42 - Jul 16 with 3081 viewsHarwich_Blue

Not sure of your history going by some of the comments you attract but fact is what you state is correct , yes bad decisions along the way , but in todays world history dont pay the bills and look at Bolton/Bury/Blackpool etc - could be worse , I am absolutally certain he would not have wanted us to be in this position.........
To be fair it did.... on 16:50 - Jul 16 with 3077 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair it did.... on 15:57 - Jul 16 by Bloots

...plenty of people were saying it.

My memory of events is that plenty thought Mick's time was up, but feared who ME would pick next. With some justification.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:54 - Jul 16 with 3064 viewsblueconscience

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:40 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Marcus is his name mate

Sir Marcus to you

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

To be fair it did.... on 16:54 - Jul 16 with 3064 viewsBluefish

To be fair it did.... on 16:50 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

My memory of events is that plenty thought Mick's time was up, but feared who ME would pick next. With some justification.

Probably why so many talked about him holding us back and how we should be challenging for promotion. Some then went to ground and others went for revisionism instead

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:56 - Jul 16 with 3055 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:42 - Jul 16 by Harwich_Blue

Not sure of your history going by some of the comments you attract but fact is what you state is correct , yes bad decisions along the way , but in todays world history dont pay the bills and look at Bolton/Bury/Blackpool etc - could be worse , I am absolutally certain he would not have wanted us to be in this position.........

I ignore the comments. We have some really weird supporters that dont like supporters with a grasp on reality. Suffolk has a lot of villages

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024