Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus has put 100 million into the club 09:52 - Jul 16 with 15187 viewsBluefish

And won't see it ever again, you lot cry about £1.75 and call him a disgrace. Entitled nobheads. We will need to recover more next season if Lambert carries on with his performance level so far (excluding letters to fans)
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:52]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:36 - Jul 16 with 2752 viewsJ2BLUE

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:11 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

He's turned us into a tinpot, irrelevant 3rd Division club. Continues to screw us further and further.

Yet people call him ... Marcus !!! Sums up this fanbase.

Even if we're in the National League in a few years time some will say that at least we aren't Bury, Bolton etc etc. Some will always find an excuse to defend their Saint Marcus.

Charlton fans for example their entire fanbase hate Duchatelet for his lack of interest and underinvestment whereas in Ipswich it is ... Marcus this, Marcus that ! That is a nice, smashing, easy going Ipswich for Marcus.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 12:16]

We are an investment gone wrong. To his credit he has continued to fund basics and not tried to recoup his losses by selling off everything. Obviously he hasn't shown any 'ambition' and doesn't intend to which leaves us in limbo of needing him and yet not competing for anything. If we go up next season it will be more luck than judgement with budgets cut again.

I am neutral on Evans. At the end of the day we are paying for his failed investment but there's not exactly a queue of people waiting to buy us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I thought you said it was.... on 12:39 - Jul 16 with 2743 viewsBloots

He's turned us into a tinpot, irrelevant 3rd Division club. Continues to screw us further and further.

Even if we're in the National League in a few years time some will say that at least we aren't Bury, Bolton etc etc. Some will always find an excuse to defend their Saint Marcus.

Charlton fans for example their entire fanbase hate Duchatelet for his lack of interest and underinvestment whereas in Ipswich it is ... Marcus this, Marcus that ! That is a nice, smashing, easy going Ipswich for Marcus.

....McCarthy's fault?

Or Skuse's?

Make your mind up.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:40 - Jul 16 with 2737 viewsBluefish

Marcus is his name mate

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:43 - Jul 16 with 2729 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm more in this camp. Although I think it's only fair to acknowledge what he does do, even if he's got a lot wrong.

So I'd re-phrase it as 'he continues to screw us whilst simultaneously bailing us out'. Yes he covers losses, and we should be grateful for that, but he's largely paying for his own bad decisions. Although it must also be noted that even with better decisions it's very, very hard to operate in The National League without owner financing.

Bottom line though is yes, he has has turned us into an irrelevant 3rd Division club. Ho hum.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:44 - Jul 16 with 2723 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:36 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

We are an investment gone wrong. To his credit he has continued to fund basics and not tried to recoup his losses by selling off everything. Obviously he hasn't shown any 'ambition' and doesn't intend to which leaves us in limbo of needing him and yet not competing for anything. If we go up next season it will be more luck than judgement with budgets cut again.

I am neutral on Evans. At the end of the day we are paying for his failed investment but there's not exactly a queue of people waiting to buy us.

So that is because no-one wants to buy us we have to stay quiet.

I'll re-call a part of his interview with Watson in EADT a few months back:

Watson: Has there been any interest along the way?

A: There’s always interest, all the time. You get people calling up and most of those people are not credible.

The one or two that are credible, that I decided not to proceed with, bought other clubs and have now since gone out of those clubs having done exactly what I said.

I won’t mention which two particular owners they are, but they no longer own the football clubs they said they were going to do amazing things with.

They chucked some money at it for two years, it all went wrong, and one got relegated to League One. So it’s probably a good thing we didn’t get involved with those people'.

---------------------

Yeah .... it's a good thing he didn't involve with those people because one of those clubs now is in League One. Really good thing and really good to have Evans, eh? Because we could have ended up like one of those clubs, could we?
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:48 - Jul 16 with 2708 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:44 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

A: There’s always interest, all the time. You get people calling up and most of those people are not credible.

The one or two that are credible, that I decided not to proceed with, bought other clubs and have now since gone out of those clubs having done exactly what I said.

I won’t mention which two particular owners they are, but they no longer own the football clubs they said they were going to do amazing things with.

They chucked some money at it for two years, it all went wrong, and one got relegated to League One. So it’s probably a good thing we didn’t get involved with those people'.

---------------------

Yeah .... it's a good thing he didn't involve with those people because one of those clubs now is in League One. Really good thing and really good to have Evans, eh? Because we could have ended up like one of those clubs, could we?

Have you ever sold anything of value like a car or a house for instance? When someone pops over to have a look and they say have you had much interest, would you say no mate thebrhing is a loss making disaster I've had no one round or would you say there has been quite a bit of interest but they have been able to buy yet?

Marcus is an extremely successful business, he probably knows not to talk down an asset, even a disastrous loss making one

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:51 - Jul 16 with 2685 viewsSwansea_Blue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:48 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Have you ever sold anything of value like a car or a house for instance? When someone pops over to have a look and they say have you had much interest, would you say no mate thebrhing is a loss making disaster I've had no one round or would you say there has been quite a bit of interest but they have been able to buy yet?

Marcus is an extremely successful business, he probably knows not to talk down an asset, even a disastrous loss making one

Well he hasn't been extremely successful with us. That's the fundamental truth. We've stumbled from one crisis to the next with about 3 years of abject boredom in the middle.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:51 - Jul 16 with 2679 viewsJ2BLUE

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:44 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

---------------------

Who said you had to stay quiet? Obviously you can say whatever you like.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:55 - Jul 16 with 2670 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:51 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Well he hasn't been extremely successful with us. That's the fundamental truth. We've stumbled from one crisis to the next with about 3 years of abject boredom in the middle.

When a businessperson ventures off into something new and it doesn't work they tend to normally act swiftly and shut it down so that it doesn't drain the rest of the empire. It happens all temhe time with many of the most successful in the world. The only thing different is that ME cant just shut us down as easy

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:57 - Jul 16 with 2658 viewsKeaneish

Sometimes your posts beggar belief...

The fans shouldn't pay more for the shortcomings of ME's failed investment strategies. In fact, question back at you, "why should we?" As for your insult, the term keyboard warrior is used a lot on here, i think it's apt in this context.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:00 - Jul 16 with 2646 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:57 - Jul 16 by Keaneish

Sometimes your posts beggar belief...

The fans shouldn't pay more for the shortcomings of ME's failed investment strategies. In fact, question back at you, "why should we?" As for your insult, the term keyboard warrior is used a lot on here, i think it's apt in this context.

I won't take too much credit for the fact that my posts go over your head, it is a very low bar. The day you start understanding and agreeing I will know that I have a problem though.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:00 - Jul 16 with 2645 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s made a lot of mediocre footballers comfortably wealthy so good on him for redistributing the wealth

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:01 - Jul 16 with 2643 viewsSwansea_Blue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:55 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

When a businessperson ventures off into something new and it doesn't work they tend to normally act swiftly and shut it down so that it doesn't drain the rest of the empire. It happens all temhe time with many of the most successful in the world. The only thing different is that ME cant just shut us down as easy

He can't and I don't think he's looking to either. I do struggle to see what he sees in owning us. It's a huge cost for nothing - is it just a vanity project?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:06 - Jul 16 with 2628 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:01 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

He can't and I don't think he's looking to either. I do struggle to see what he sees in owning us. It's a huge cost for nothing - is it just a vanity project?

He sees an opportunity many years ago that roy Keane and parachute payment managed to completely destroy. Now he sees no way out. Very little point in demanding the only person that keeps us afloat leaves. It might be his fault but he is now the only one keeping us alive. We were kidnapped and held for ransom but the ransom wasnt paid, the kidnapper is now feeding us and keeping us in warmth and clothes and giving us a reasonable life but we are demanding that he builds us a house and gives us a new car or kills us.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:08 - Jul 16 with 2615 viewsNotSure

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 09:59 - Jul 16 by Fixed_It

Of course he is. But he's not wrong though.

Well he is because our current debt does not equal the amount of money Evans has put into it.
However he has lost a considerable amount of money and you do have to ask yourself what he gets out of it. I've heard he can offset the losses at Ipswich against other parts of his business but this doesn't help that much.

But ultimately people are criticising him for not losing more money and that all seems a bit weird!
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:08 - Jul 16 with 2617 viewsKeaneish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:00 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

I won't take too much credit for the fact that my posts go over your head, it is a very low bar. The day you start understanding and agreeing I will know that I have a problem though.

You make little sense the more you talk.

Its been quite peaceful on here with interesting debate all summer and then you rear up again with more utter nonsense to provoke reaction. Blocking you for the season ahead is probably best.

Ta. Ta.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:24 - Jul 16 with 2586 viewsBlueBadger

Well done Fishers, caught a few here.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 13:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:28 - Jul 16 with 2578 viewsWarhurst

Preach.

Uncomfortable though it is, it's the truth. Oh and just because we won some trophies 40 years ago that doesn't entitle us to be in a certain division.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:34 - Jul 16 with 2566 viewsActionMan

He bought the club though, he only bought it so he could make money with it, he's not doing it out of any form of kindness, he doesn't even support Ipswich.

If you buy a house, spend millions of pounds renovating it poorly and can't sell it for a profit, you can't blame the potential customers for sticking their noses up at it just because you spend money on making it a mess.

He's lost that money through his own bad choices - we the fans didn't make any of those decisions. You cannot feel sorry for the man, we're in the third division, he did that, not us.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:49 - Jul 16 with 2552 viewsWhymarkmariner

No one that I know asked Evans to buy the club. Yes, he's put in a few quid over the years. But who's fault is it that he's employed some useless so and so's to run the club ? He makes statements when it suits him, usually after the jungle drums have been banging for a week or two. He came in expecting to make a fast buck, expecting to be in the Promise Land within a couple of years. It didn't happen due to the hapless and foulmouthed bunch that he himself put faith in. Now it's all lip service and tight budgets, due to Mr. Evans and no one else. If he hadn't come in we'd be "Down the swanee" I hear you say. Well aren't we down the swanee anyway ?
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:51 - Jul 16 with 2544 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:08 - Jul 16 by Keaneish

You make little sense the more you talk.

Its been quite peaceful on here with interesting debate all summer and then you rear up again with more utter nonsense to provoke reaction. Blocking you for the season ahead is probably best.

Ta. Ta.

Probably for the best, it will help you to stay at your level

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:58 - Jul 16 with 2529 viewsLeoMuff

I don’t doubt ME has lost a fair wedge, but I doubt it’s anywhere near £100m despite what the figure might officially be.

Pretty much all of that is down to his poor decision making, so not much sympathy here.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:01 - Jul 16 with 2522 viewsTrequartista

Perhaps if he'd put in a little more he'd be recouping it all again in the Premier League. Supposed to be a businessman.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:17 - Jul 16 with 2503 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:01 - Jul 16 by Trequartista

Perhaps if he'd put in a little more he'd be recouping it all again in the Premier League. Supposed to be a businessman.

How much do you think would get him there? Another 100 million? Probably not enough. 200 million? Worth that sort of gamble? Would that claw it back anyway?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 14:19 - Jul 16 with 2504 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 13:06 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

He sees an opportunity many years ago that roy Keane and parachute payment managed to completely destroy. Now he sees no way out. Very little point in demanding the only person that keeps us afloat leaves. It might be his fault but he is now the only one keeping us alive. We were kidnapped and held for ransom but the ransom wasnt paid, the kidnapper is now feeding us and keeping us in warmth and clothes and giving us a reasonable life but we are demanding that he builds us a house and gives us a new car or kills us.

It's been his choice to 'keep us alive'. He's admitted in the January interview that he had had an opportunity to sell the club but he decided not to do so. Moreover he said: ' it was a good thing not to get involved with potential buyers as one of those clubs who they own got relegated to League One.

So he's done us a favour to carry on 'keeping us alive' because with a new owner we could have ended up in League One, eh? Such good Marcus, we can't thank him enough.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 14:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024