Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus has put 100 million into the club 09:52 - Jul 16 with 15188 viewsBluefish

And won't see it ever again, you lot cry about £1.75 and call him a disgrace. Entitled nobheads. We will need to recover more next season if Lambert carries on with his performance level so far (excluding letters to fans)
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 9:52]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 17:09 - Jul 16 with 1974 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 16:19 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Again thankfully he’s gone and no longer says anything about our fans, and things have swimmingly for us too

Everyone’s a winner eh! 🙌🏻

Cos he is sooooooo bitter.

Burton away in not so long. The place where he was so angry that the player who scored a winning goal was the one whom fans wanted. Those nasty numbskulls !
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 17:12]
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 17:12 - Jul 16 with 1967 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 17:09 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Burton away in not so long. The place where he was so angry that the player who scored a winning goal was the one whom fans wanted. Those nasty numbskulls !

You come across very bitter as well, the main difference is that he was right. Perhaps we need to help you to move on and accept he was right.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 17:34 - Jul 16 with 1931 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 17:12 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

You come across very bitter as well, the main difference is that he was right. Perhaps we need to help you to move on and accept he was right.

His hysteria after Celina's goal was hilarious. He is a rank p***k.

You are very blinded when it comes to him and Saint Marcus. If we start the season badly then it is very obvious what you'll be saying. You'll be putting an entire blame on Lambert whereas Sir Marcus will remain untouchable.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 18:13 - Jul 16 with 1900 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 17:34 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

His hysteria after Celina's goal was hilarious. He is a rank p***k.

You are very blinded when it comes to him and Saint Marcus. If we start the season badly then it is very obvious what you'll be saying. You'll be putting an entire blame on Lambert whereas Sir Marcus will remain untouchable.

Lambert has an abysmal record so far. If he can't fix that then he is in big trouble. Marcus just writes the cheques so not really sure you can blame him for managers struggling to make us mid table championship when Mick seemed to be able to do it regularly under Sir Marcus.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 18:41 - Jul 16 with 1878 viewsjas0999

He has not put anywhere near £100M into the club. A considerable amount yes, but it’s odd that people choose to forget that he originally bought a large debt for a fraction of the value, but kept it on the books for interest purposes and to offset it against his other businesses. Further, he charged for quite some time, interest on the debt so recouped some of that initial investment.

No doubting he has made a significant loss, but he didn’t personally put £100M in. That’s just the debt owed to him I.e. the full value which some of which he bought for a lot less.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 18:52 - Jul 16 with 1867 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 18:41 - Jul 16 by jas0999

He has not put anywhere near £100M into the club. A considerable amount yes, but it’s odd that people choose to forget that he originally bought a large debt for a fraction of the value, but kept it on the books for interest purposes and to offset it against his other businesses. Further, he charged for quite some time, interest on the debt so recouped some of that initial investment.

No doubting he has made a significant loss, but he didn’t personally put £100M in. That’s just the debt owed to him I.e. the full value which some of which he bought for a lot less.

Do explain where he makes money by buying debt. He can not lose as much but how does he benefit?

So not 100 million then how much do you reckon? Add up the yearly losses and the original purchase plus all of the sponsorship

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 19:12 - Jul 16 with 1853 viewsPhilTWTD

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 18:41 - Jul 16 by jas0999

It's not £100m, but is obviously still very significant. The interest which was charged until c2012 went on the balance sheet but nothing was ever recouped.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 19:14 - Jul 16 with 1842 viewsBluefish

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 19:12 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

It's not £100m, but is obviously still very significant. The interest which was charged until c2012 went on the balance sheet but nothing was ever recouped.

How much then?

Initial payment?
Annual losses?
Sponsorship?
Additional purchases/input?

Login to get fewer ads

To be fair it did.... on 19:18 - Jul 16 with 1835 viewsSwansea_Blue

To be fair it did.... on 16:54 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Probably why so many talked about him holding us back and how we should be challenging for promotion. Some then went to ground and others went for revisionism instead

Was anyone talking about promotion in the last few years? Genuine question. I tend not to pay too much attention to what’s on here and have a crap memory.

He was holding us back in terms of enjoyment at games. But did anyone really thing a change of manager would turn us into promotion hopefuls given ME’s approach? If they did they were nuts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

To be fair it did.... on 19:25 - Jul 16 with 1829 viewsBluefish

To be fair it did.... on 19:18 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Was anyone talking about promotion in the last few years? Genuine question. I tend not to pay too much attention to what’s on here and have a crap memory.

He was holding us back in terms of enjoyment at games. But did anyone really thing a change of manager would turn us into promotion hopefuls given ME’s approach? If they did they were nuts.

The whole bcwyf was based on that we might be worse off but many seemed sure that there was no way we would go backwards and that just out of the playoffs or just top half was not good enough.

I said on many occasions we might be more likely to go down than up and I was given dogs abuse for it

To be fair it did.... on 19:26 - Jul 16 with 1827 viewsPJH

To be fair it did.... on 19:18 - Jul 16 by Swansea_Blue

Actually a change of manager in April last year HAS turned us into promotion hopefuls for next season.
To be fair it did.... on 19:53 - Jul 16 with 1807 viewsjudespiveyg

To be fair it did.... on 19:25 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

The whole bcwyf was based on that we might be worse off but many seemed sure that there was no way we would go backwards and that just out of the playoffs or just top half was not good enough.

I said on many occasions we might be more likely to go down than up and I was given dogs abuse for it

It wasn't the league position that people were annoyed about, it was the football which made people resent the gift of sight. I guarantee that if we finished 12th in the Championship with Lambert's football (The stuff on the floor, not the defensive mistakes and lack of goals) people would be more than satisfied as, at the end of the day, watching football is done for entertainment, those who only care about results play themselves.
It was also over a year ago.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 20:08 - Jul 16 with 1798 viewsDeano69

No no no. It’s all a tax dodge. He has had £1000million back in tax.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

To be fair it did.... on 20:15 - Jul 16 with 1787 viewsBluefish

To be fair it did.... on 19:53 - Jul 16 by judespiveyg

It wasn't the league position that people were annoyed about, it was the football which made people resent the gift of sight. I guarantee that if we finished 12th in the Championship with Lambert's football (The stuff on the floor, not the defensive mistakes and lack of goals) people would be more than satisfied as, at the end of the day, watching football is done for entertainment, those who only care about results play themselves.
It was also over a year ago.

The stuff they were annoyed about changed regularly (not playing kids, defensive formations, 1-0 wins etc) but best to move on from that now.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 20:49 - Jul 16 with 1761 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mr Marcus sir to you if you please.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 22:41 - Jul 16 with 1735 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 19:14 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

How much then?

Initial payment?
Annual losses?
Sponsorship?
Additional purchases/input?

ME has put in a figure closer to £60m. The heavily discounted initial debt purchase and interest compounded over a number of years means you are way off when stating "100 million".

More importantly than the finances though, has to be ME's continued poor decision-making.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 22:49 - Jul 16 with 1726 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 17:09 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Fortunately we no longer have to worry about managers getting angry after winning games away

Thank god he’s gone eh?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 23:19 - Jul 16 with 1707 viewsjeera

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 22:41 - Jul 16 by FrankfurtBlue

ME has put in a figure closer to £60m. The heavily discounted initial debt purchase and interest compounded over a number of years means you are way off when stating "100 million".

More importantly than the finances though, has to be ME's continued poor decision-making.

It wasn't for a number of years though was it.

Unless you mean that number was 3 or something.

Interest was accrued in the early years but only on paper and not repaid, and that stopped back in 2012. So not really that relevant surely.

But no, as Phil says too, not 100 mill, but hardly pennies either.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 23:38 - Jul 16 with 1698 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 22:49 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Fortunately we no longer have to worry about managers getting angry after winning games away

Thank god he’s gone eh?

Thank god he's gone. Dead right !
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 07:51 - Jul 17 with 1636 viewsChurchman

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 12:11 - Jul 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

He's turned us into a tinpot, irrelevant 3rd Division club. Continues to screw us further and further.

Yet people call him ... Marcus !!! Sums up this fanbase.

Even if we're in the National League in a few years time some will say that at least we aren't Bury, Bolton etc etc. Some will always find an excuse to defend their Saint Marcus.

Charlton fans for example their entire fanbase hate Duchatelet for his lack of interest and underinvestment whereas in Ipswich it is ... Marcus this, Marcus that ! That is a nice, smashing, easy going Ipswich for Marcus.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2019 12:16]

I agree totally with this. I would add that his faceless, depressing presence is destroying ITFCs identity too. We have become a nothing club drifting ever downwards. There appears to be zero ambition or care for the club. I keep hearing how he ‘saved’ us but I would sooner he’d gone to Southampton, who if memory serves me right didn’t want him. They got by without Saint Evans.

Empty words followed by freebies, has beens, loans, a culture of losing being acceptable, ever more decaying football ground and awful decision making. That’s this club now.

As for what he has actually lost ‘investing’ in the club, does anybody know what that truly is? He bought the club to make a quick buck and I don’t think he cares a jot about it.

Still, it’s not all bad. He scraped together enough for the portacabin paint pot.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 07:55 - Jul 17 with 1630 viewsartsbossbeard

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 07:51 - Jul 17 by Churchman

I agree totally with this. I would add that his faceless, depressing presence is destroying ITFCs identity too. We have become a nothing club drifting ever downwards. There appears to be zero ambition or care for the club. I keep hearing how he ‘saved’ us but I would sooner he’d gone to Southampton, who if memory serves me right didn’t want him. They got by without Saint Evans.

Empty words followed by freebies, has beens, loans, a culture of losing being acceptable, ever more decaying football ground and awful decision making. That’s this club now.

As for what he has actually lost ‘investing’ in the club, does anybody know what that truly is? He bought the club to make a quick buck and I don’t think he cares a jot about it.

Still, it’s not all bad. He scraped together enough for the portacabin paint pot.

Who would have got us out of administration for the second time, the 10 point deduction and nailed on relegation if ME hadn't have stepped in?

He stepped in when Town needed a cash injection and I don't recall many others offering to do the same at this time.

It's alright the players playing for free for a couple of weeks but what about the staff themselves?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 08:16 - Jul 17 with 1608 viewsChurchman

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 07:55 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

Who would have got us out of administration for the second time, the 10 point deduction and nailed on relegation if ME hadn't have stepped in?

He stepped in when Town needed a cash injection and I don't recall many others offering to do the same at this time.

It's alright the players playing for free for a couple of weeks but what about the staff themselves?

We don’t know who might have stepped in had Sheepshanks not grabbed Evan’s offer. What we do know is that no club has gone to the wall in the 11 or so years of his tenure and many who were in a poorer state than we were are no longer so. I just don’t believe ‘Evans or the club dies’ was the only option.
Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 08:41 - Jul 17 with 1586 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Marcus has put 100 million into the club on 23:19 - Jul 16 by jeera

It wasn't for a number of years though was it.

Unless you mean that number was 3 or something.

Interest was accrued in the early years but only on paper and not repaid, and that stopped back in 2012. So not really that relevant surely.

But no, as Phil says too, not 100 mill, but hardly pennies either.

In fact, the number of years until ME stopped compounding interest was 5, not 3. 2008 to 2012 inclusive at ca. £3.5m p.a.

ITFC is still accruing interest payable to ME at the rate of £650-700k p.a.

Add that lot up, together with the initial debt purchase at 20% of nominal value, and you get far closer to £60m than 100, or don't you?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024