Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2019/20 your expectations.. 15:51 - Jul 2 with 7266 viewsAYACCA

How do you think 2019/20 will shape up for town?
we can take a look back here at the end of the season and compare.

For me John:
Defence will still be a problem and we'll continue conceding sloppy goals.
Midfield will be slick with the ball, no good without it.
we'll be creative but heavily reliant on Norwood to score.
Think the league will be tougher than expected but we'll blood youngsters.
Think we'll struggle to make playoffs but be much stronger the following season with a more settled side.

just my gut feeling
2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:29 - Jul 2 with 2350 viewsbrogansnose

If we don't go up this coming season then we are down here for ages. We shouldn't have to be in a position where we are acclimitising to Div3 for a season before we make a push. If Rotherham, Bolton and Blackburn have managed to go back up at the first calling then so should we. Playoffs is the very least we should be expecting but my gut feeling is that we'll end up around 8th.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:52 - Jul 2 with 2330 viewsFtnfwest

2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:22 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

Lots of pessimism going on. 5 of the last 6 relegated sides have finished in the top 6 the following season and 4 of them have gone straight back up at the first attempt. I don't see us as being in significantly worse shape than those sides were.

I can see the slow start like a number of others and overall probably only flirting with playoffs or 8th/9th. I’m afraid like last season we have no god given right to be promoted as well as relegated. We clearly need a couple of more experienced principally defensive players and possibly a bigger lad on loan from somewhere up front. League 1 is almost 2 mini leagues fairly evenly split so it really will be desperate if we finish bottom half.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:00 - Jul 2 with 2324 viewsHerbivore

2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:52 - Jul 2 by Ftnfwest

I can see the slow start like a number of others and overall probably only flirting with playoffs or 8th/9th. I’m afraid like last season we have no god given right to be promoted as well as relegated. We clearly need a couple of more experienced principally defensive players and possibly a bigger lad on loan from somewhere up front. League 1 is almost 2 mini leagues fairly evenly split so it really will be desperate if we finish bottom half.

Nobody is saying we have a god given right, but looking at how other relegated sides have performed it's perfectly reasonable to expect a top 6 challenge at least.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:08 - Jul 2 with 2316 viewsTrequartista

The squad is nowhere near good enough yet, but Lambert has promised a rebuild before the season starts so waiting on that before judging.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:15 - Jul 2 with 2311 viewsGuthrum

I think it will be a battle, but the quality of retained Champ players, experienced youths and a few canny signings (e.g. Norwood) will tell, giving us the capability to achieve automatic promotion.

We might fall short due to unpredictables, such as injuries, but I'm hoping that will be better managed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:23 - Jul 2 with 2300 viewsJ2BLUE

If we don't sign anyone else: 10th - we're an injury to Norwood away from being mid table and the defence is weak

If we sign another striker, CB and LB and avoid injuries to our midfield - 4th

If we do the above and sign a decent winger - 1st

If we can get Sears fit and ready for the last 3 months of the season it would be a huge plus.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:34 - Jul 2 with 2288 viewsrunaround

Would expect to be in top 6 as anything else would be seen as disappointing. My main hope is for the season to be enjoyable to watch with the good atmosphere continuing at matches
2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:49 - Jul 2 with 2271 viewsBlueBadger

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:08 - Jul 2 by Trequartista

The squad is nowhere near good enough yet, but Lambert has promised a rebuild before the season starts so waiting on that before judging.

He promised us that we'd go down fighting and that he wouldn't make constant changes to the team last season as well...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:51 - Jul 2 with 2260 viewsJ2BLUE

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:49 - Jul 2 by BlueBadger

He promised us that we'd go down fighting and that he wouldn't make constant changes to the team last season as well...

I wish you lot would give him a clean slate. Last season was a thankless task. Can you not give him ten games without sniping about last season?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 20:09 - Jul 2 with 2250 viewsChurchman

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:51 - Jul 2 by J2BLUE

I wish you lot would give him a clean slate. Last season was a thankless task. Can you not give him ten games without sniping about last season?

He deserves a chance and kicking him out would serve no purpose. The club is rotten from the top down. With no support, what chance would even Pep Guardiola stand?
2019/20 your expectations.. on 20:10 - Jul 2 with 2242 viewsDarth_Koont

2019/20 your expectations.. on 20:09 - Jul 2 by Churchman

He deserves a chance and kicking him out would serve no purpose. The club is rotten from the top down. With no support, what chance would even Pep Guardiola stand?

Or even Mick McCarthy.

Pronouns: He/Him

2019/20 your expectations.. on 20:39 - Jul 2 with 2225 viewsDanTheMan

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:51 - Jul 2 by J2BLUE

I'm giving him a clean slate but he was given a job to do and, ultimately, failed.

He's done nothing at all really to think he's going to do well here. I really hope I'm wrong.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

2019/20 your expectations.. on 23:44 - Jul 2 with 2188 viewsHerbivore

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:23 - Jul 2 by J2BLUE

If we don't sign anyone else: 10th - we're an injury to Norwood away from being mid table and the defence is weak

If we sign another striker, CB and LB and avoid injuries to our midfield - 4th

If we do the above and sign a decent winger - 1st

If we can get Sears fit and ready for the last 3 months of the season it would be a huge plus.

The defence is weak by Championship standards. Nsiala, who we all thought was pretty dog sh!t, was one of the best defenders in League 1 just over a year ago. I think people don't appreciate what a drop in quality this division is. You've all become Paul Hursts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 00:30 - Jul 3 with 2170 viewsMach_foreignBlue

2019/20 your expectations.. on 19:49 - Jul 2 by BlueBadger

Skuse and Chambers also told us last season there was plenty of fight in the team. Plenty of hollow words from them not having been transferred on the pitch.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 07:21 - Jul 3 with 2132 viewstractorboy1978

2019/20 your expectations.. on 23:44 - Jul 2 by Herbivore

The defence is weak by Championship standards. Nsiala, who we all thought was pretty dog sh!t, was one of the best defenders in League 1 just over a year ago. I think people don't appreciate what a drop in quality this division is. You've all become Paul Hursts.

It’s weak depth wise as we stand. And it’s a similar story up top. We could easily have 55+ games next season in all competitions.

I think top 6 with three further additions (CB, LB and ST). We need to get off to a quick start to breed confidence (players and fans) - it’s not the nicest first few fixtures on paper though.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 7:24]
2019/20 your expectations.. on 10:26 - Jul 3 with 2092 viewsWestcountryblue

We will do well. Few teams have players of the quality of Bishop, Dozzell, Skuse, Edwards, Chambers, Bart, Huws...plus there is plenty of promise in the likes of Lankester and Norward.

I think we are a CB, FB and a versatile winger/striker off being a dead certs if I'm honest. I think we have genuine quality across the midfield and good options up top. Marcus will have fund 3 good free signings though to finish the squad off.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 11:00 - Jul 3 with 2080 viewshammo56

Finish 10th. Will be around playoff places for the majority of the season but then fall away come the business end of the season.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 11:13 - Jul 3 with 2073 viewswkj

I doubt we will make the playoffs either in all honesty

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

2019/20 your expectations.. on 11:20 - Jul 3 with 2068 viewstextbackup

absolutely no idea is my honest answer.

so many are putting so much pressure on norwood, will his qualities be utilised correctly?
we have, on paper, a fantastic choice of midfield options IMO.
we have, on paper and real life, a poor defence. I am already so worried that we'll see chambers ruined even at this level. nippy forwards pissing past him (admit they wont score everytime this happens)

we need additions to the squad, players to better what we have.

finish - 5th

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

2019/20 your expectations.. on 13:27 - Aug 3 with 1852 viewsAYACCA

2019/20 your expectations.. on 11:20 - Jul 3 by textbackup

absolutely no idea is my honest answer.

so many are putting so much pressure on norwood, will his qualities be utilised correctly?
we have, on paper, a fantastic choice of midfield options IMO.
we have, on paper and real life, a poor defence. I am already so worried that we'll see chambers ruined even at this level. nippy forwards pissing past him (admit they wont score everytime this happens)

we need additions to the squad, players to better what we have.

finish - 5th

well those new additions we were hoping for aren't here...

lets hear the updated opinions after a shocking transfer window...
2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:38 - Aug 5 with 1810 viewsJammyDodgerrr

2019/20 your expectations.. on 13:27 - Aug 3 by AYACCA

I stand by my original prediction of up via the Play-Offs. Don't think the window was as bad as it's being made out. We got the best striker of League 2 on a free and a pretty good keeper too. Add in all the loan returnees and the general huge drop in quality and we will be fine.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:45 - Aug 5 with 1803 viewsJakeITFC

2019/20 your expectations.. on 13:27 - Aug 3 by AYACCA

We beat a top half team away from home with the majority of our first team missing.

There are still three weeks of the window left.

Don’t think it makes sense to adjust expectations down really.
2019/20 your expectations.. on 16:45 - Aug 5 with 1802 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My views.

We have held on to the players we would want this season but we need to stop picking up these injuries.

The defence is not our strength but, in this league, won't be punished as clinically as it was in the one above.

We have 2 good keepers which we lacked last season because Bart was so hopelessly off form.

We may rely on Norwood and our midfield but, when Sears is fit and if Jackson steps up we have by far the best attack in the division. Scoring goals is what will get teams up. I fancy us for automatic promotion. The proviso is that we don't pick up ridiculous amounts of injuries to key players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:20 - Aug 5 with 1776 viewstractorboy1978

I actually think the polar opposite - people are massively over estimating the quality of the division. We beat a team that will comfortably be top half away from home with a makeshift CB pairing and without 4/5 players that will be starters when fully fit/available.

We could field two different midfields and arguably either would be the best in the division. The talent we have in this area alone will pull us through games we maybe aren't playing particularly well in. I expect top 6 and we should really be top 2. I do agree that we need another versatile defender and a forward though.

If we don't go up this year there is no way in hell we will be stronger next year.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 18:22]
2019/20 your expectations.. on 18:17 - Mar 7 with 1236 viewsAYACCA

Looking like I was right but we're in terrible times right now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024