Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rory Stewart 23:09 - May 30 with 4058 viewsreusersfreekicks

Giving a good account of himself on question time. Would never vote Tory but he is possibly the most impressive of the lot past or present.
Rory Stewart on 10:06 - May 31 with 979 viewsGuthrum

Rory Stewart on 09:36 - May 31 by hampstead_blue

I did some work for him a few years recruiting for his staff.
Was Ok to deal with but seemed to ham up his military and overseas exploits.

A bit insipid as a leader. Nice enough bloke, paid his bill on time, which always helps.

Always good to have some first-hand info on the personalities of those standing for office.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rory Stewart on 10:10 - May 31 with 976 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory Stewart on 08:27 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

Can’t argue with this...

Well, he misquoted Einstein, didn't he. The conditions have changed, it was obvious even in June 2016 that the conditions would change. Everyone should have learnt a lot in the intervening three years but some appear not to have done. It is up to politicians like Stewart to set an agenda and lead debate, not run away by saying the same old thing.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Rory Stewart on 10:37 - May 31 with 953 viewsNo9

The right wing will make mincemeat of him
Rory Stewart on 10:43 - May 31 with 945 viewsIpswichKnight

Rory Stewart on 10:37 - May 31 by No9

The right wing will make mincemeat of him

Will they?

They want to be in power, they will not be in power with an extreme right wing leader. Remember David Davis was streets ahead of David Cameron with both the MP's and Members but he had no chance of winning an election instead they chose Dave and got into power. If polls and research say Rory Stewart could beat the magic Grandpa and Boris can't then Boris will be be dropped.
Rory Stewart on 10:46 - May 31 with 939 viewsGeoffSentence

Can’t argue with this...

"find a compromise which will work for us"

Well, yes.......trouble is that is what parliament has been struggling with for what seems like eternity.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rory Stewart on 10:50 - May 31 with 933 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can’t argue with this...

Well you can. It's meaningless platitudes. What is this compromise that's going to boost our economy and build a fairer society? The Tories have had years to build a fairer society and have gone the other way.

Also - his madness analogy is all wrong. It's not doing the same thing. We all have more knowledge about Brexit now. Last time people thought it would mean an extra £350m a week going into the NHS for starters.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rory Stewart on 14:24 - May 31 with 864 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory Stewart on 10:10 - May 31 by WeWereZombies

Well, he misquoted Einstein, didn't he. The conditions have changed, it was obvious even in June 2016 that the conditions would change. Everyone should have learnt a lot in the intervening three years but some appear not to have done. It is up to politicians like Stewart to set an agenda and lead debate, not run away by saying the same old thing.

We’ll put you down as an “unwilling to compromise” then.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rory Stewart on 14:25 - May 31 with 862 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory Stewart on 10:50 - May 31 by BrixtonBlue

Well you can. It's meaningless platitudes. What is this compromise that's going to boost our economy and build a fairer society? The Tories have had years to build a fairer society and have gone the other way.

Also - his madness analogy is all wrong. It's not doing the same thing. We all have more knowledge about Brexit now. Last time people thought it would mean an extra £350m a week going into the NHS for starters.

The more notice I take of this guy, the less impressive he seems.

It's a no from me thanks.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Rory Stewart on 14:35 - May 31 with 847 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory Stewart on 14:24 - May 31 by GlasgowBlue

We’ll put you down as an “unwilling to compromise” then.

Yep, there are times when something is so wrong that compromise is weakness.

And I have given my reasons countless times why, in this instance, it is wrong. Without any coherent response from Brexiteers.

Somewhat better from compromisers, but just because you appreciate an argument or set of points that arise does not mean you go along with it. To reach the correct decision you have to make judgements, hold to those judgements and illustrate to others why you do so. I do know I still have a lot of work to do there but this is one of those cases where it will take as long as it takes.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Rory Stewart on 14:45 - May 31 with 828 viewsJ2BLUE

Rory Stewart on 23:30 - May 30 by ohmycampo

I vote Tory, cock

Signing off posts with your name is really SB's thing.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 14:46]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rory Stewart on 14:46 - May 31 with 826 viewsHolyGoalie

Rory Stewart on 14:45 - May 31 by J2BLUE

Signing off posts with your name is really SB's thing.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 14:46]

Good 'ol Swanners

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Rory Stewart on 19:47 - May 31 with 782 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory Stewart on 14:25 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

The more notice I take of this guy, the less impressive he seems.

It's a no from me thanks.

Bit harsh. Oh you mean Rory Stewart.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rory Stewart on 06:17 - Jun 1 with 733 viewsm14_blue

Rory Stewart on 08:32 - May 31 by Guthrum

He is making the point that a party leader supported mostly by people who say they will never under any circumstances vote for that party is not a lot of use in winning an election.

However, he is also making the mistake, common in the media and elsewhere, of confusing the Conservative Party membership (around 100,000) with Conservative voters (13.6m, at the last General Election). The latter being much less hard-line than the former, but without appealing to them the party cannot hope to win an election.

By swinging hard to the right in pursuit of a few million UKIP/BP votes, the Tory Party risks alienating more than that among moderate/centrist supporters. They are already in a position where, in 2017, they were unable to secure a majority. Go too extreme and they could find themselves so weak thay cannot even form a coalition or minority government.

Yes, a move towards the ‘no deal’ lunatics might have a short term bounce but would surely spell the end of the Tory party in the medium term?

They would permanently alienate all of their more sensible support and the working class BP supporters will never vote for them again, particularly when Brexit turns out to be a total sh1tshow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024