Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? 20:55 - May 4 with 8132 viewsbariotneblue

Hello all. I’m just wondering what the furthest distance a season ticket holder travels for home games. I’m weighing up whether to get on the ST band wagon but as I live near Windsor and use the trains, I’m trying to justify it to myself. I also want to be able to book away tickets as there are many games I can make next season.

Go on. Convince me.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:01 - May 4 with 5734 viewsle2blue

Leicester. COYB.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:01 - May 4 with 5737 viewsBlue_Order

Saw a fella on Facebook yesterday that lives in Sweden and has bought one. Says he intends on making every home game.

I’m Mildenhall, so not too dissimilar levels of dedication.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:03 - May 4 with 5719 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pluto. But nippy tonight.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:04 - May 4 with 5716 viewsWD19

How would you get home after evening games?
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:05 - May 4 with 5715 viewsPhilTWTD

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:01 - May 4 by Blue_Order

Saw a fella on Facebook yesterday that lives in Sweden and has bought one. Says he intends on making every home game.

I'm aware of Norwegians with season tickets as well, and also someone in Paris.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:10 - May 4 with 5689 viewsJ2BLUE

Honourable mention to Glasgow Blue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:11 - May 4 with 5688 viewsbariotneblue

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:04 - May 4 by WD19

How would you get home after evening games?

Family in the area if desperate. But usually trains until late
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:12 - May 4 with 5675 viewsJ2BLUE

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:11 - May 4 by bariotneblue

Family in the area if desperate. But usually trains until late

Whether you get one or not, massive respect to you for even considering it.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:19 - May 4 with 5648 viewsParisBlue

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:05 - May 4 by PhilTWTD

I'm aware of Norwegians with season tickets as well, and also someone in Paris.

Lived in Cardiff and Bristol for last 14 years.

First bought my season ticket whilst living in Paris for 3 years. It's easier to get to Portman Road from Paris than Cardiff...

I kept it whilst on a 6 month work relocation in Australia but that coincided with Keane's first season so I considered myself one of the fortunate ones.
[Post edited 4 May 2019 21:25]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:19 - May 4 with 5641 viewsTendring_Blue

Coventry.

COYB!!
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:21 - May 4 with 5616 viewsSarge

Lived in Bristol during the 14/15 season. Wasn’t hard to motivate myself for the journey.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:27 - May 4 with 5577 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Newcastle for a number of seasons bit closer now in London.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:30 - May 4 with 5564 viewsitfcpaul

Renewed our 2 and now two for the kids. we have a 350 mile round trip from Doncaster

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:35 - May 4 with 5536 viewsSitfcB

There’s not as many mid week games in League 1 as there are in the Championship.

There’s season ticket holders all over the country.

If there’s some games you can’t use it then you can always sell it to someone for say a tenner.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:37 - May 4 with 5517 viewsJ2BLUE

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:35 - May 4 by SitfcB

There’s not as many mid week games in League 1 as there are in the Championship.

If there’s some games you can’t use it then you can always sell it to someone for say a tenner.

You say that but I had a little look and i'm not sure you're right.

Midweek evening leagues games on non special days (Easter, Bank Holds etc) were between 6-8 for each team. Seemed to be the higher up the league you went the more midweek games teams played.
[Post edited 4 May 2019 21:38]

Truly impaired.

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:39 - May 4 with 5499 viewsSitfcB

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:37 - May 4 by J2BLUE

You say that but I had a little look and i'm not sure you're right.

Midweek evening leagues games on non special days (Easter, Bank Holds etc) were between 6-8 for each team. Seemed to be the higher up the league you went the more midweek games teams played.
[Post edited 4 May 2019 21:38]

Depends on FA Cup participation and if games get postponed on international weekends.

COYB

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:41 - May 4 with 5486 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm in Brixton, which is a similar length journey if going by car.

My mate has been an ST holder for many years (like me)... and lives in Clithero in Lancashire (though he doesn't get to every home game). He's coming with his wife tomorrow. They set off yesterday!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:44 - May 4 with 5468 viewsbariotneblue

Do you need the physical season ticket to get in or is there a way of transferring it? I’d happily loan it out whenever I couldn’t make it.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:48 - May 4 with 5439 viewsSitfcB

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:44 - May 4 by bariotneblue

Do you need the physical season ticket to get in or is there a way of transferring it? I’d happily loan it out whenever I couldn’t make it.

Can sometimes get a physical ticket printed out instead of using the actual
Season ticket.

COYB

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:49 - May 4 with 5434 viewsbariotneblue

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:48 - May 4 by SitfcB

Can sometimes get a physical ticket printed out instead of using the actual
Season ticket.

Ah great. That sounds like a plan
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:52 - May 4 with 5422 viewsxrayspecs

Between London and Brighton. Have just renewed after giving up ST around five seasons ago.
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:57 - May 4 with 5400 viewsWickets

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:01 - May 4 by Blue_Order

That explains why i keep seeing blue action stickers all over Mildenhall !
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:59 - May 4 with 5385 viewsUB9Blue

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 21:30 - May 4 by itfcpaul

Renewed our 2 and now two for the kids. we have a 350 mile round trip from Doncaster

Still be in the Wolsey pre match I hope?
Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 22:03 - May 4 with 5373 viewsfactual_blue

fergalsharkey lives on the International Space Station, and travels to every home game by jet ski.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Furthest Distance to travel for a ST holder? on 22:04 - May 4 with 5364 viewsfactual_blue

More astute clubs operate exchange ticket schemes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024