Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us 14:32 - Jan 10 with 17946 viewsKeno

Well done Rachel

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:10 - Jan 10 with 3720 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 15:12 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, Rachel Riley.

Basically putting up the sort of examples of antisemitism on twitter that I have on here. JC's supporters have been piling on to her giving her endless abuse.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rachel-riley-accuses-jeremy-corbyn-081226326.html
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 15:14]

That's the final straw Glasgow, now on the few occassions I get to spend some Riley time I'm going to think of you too! Mind you she does support Ush1ted so sod her.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:16 - Jan 10 with 3711 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 17:20 - Jan 10 by ElGuaje4

Rachel Riley called Noam Chomsky, a Jew, an antisemite. She is a cretin.

But she can do sums and take letters off a board.......wash your mouth out!

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:20 - Jan 10 with 3705 viewsJakeITFC

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 17:33 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

I'll re post my reply to you without using colloquialism..........

A Jewish woman who has bravely put her head above the parapet by taking an online fight against antisemitism, has been on the receiving end of antisemitic, misogynistic and just plain vile abuse from JC's army of hate for her efforts and bares her soul in an inspiring interview. And your first thought is to have a pop at her for stating a genetic fact.

Way to go squidders. Not a great look.

FYI Ashkenazi Jews, who make up a large proportion of Europe's Jews since the diaspora, do have a "Jewish look". This is because Ashkenazi Jews have become so closely related due to racism and repeated genocide. It is such a closely related group that scientists like to use it for genetic studies.

But but please feel free to continue suggesting that the Jewish woman complaining about antisemitism is a racist.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 17:33]

Why does her fighting against anti-semitism make her any less likely to be racist out of interest?
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:37 - Jan 10 with 3672 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:20 - Jan 10 by JakeITFC

Why does her fighting against anti-semitism make her any less likely to be racist out of interest?

It doesn't.

I was pointing out that as a Jewish woman who has been standing up to online antisemitic abuse, she has given a very moving interview with Chanel 4 News on the subject. And rather than side with a member of a minority community fighting racism, squiders decides to suggest she is racist for pointing out that she doesn't have the genetic look shared by the majority of European Ashkenazi Jews.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 18:37]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:45 - Jan 10 with 3662 viewsJakeITFC

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:37 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

It doesn't.

I was pointing out that as a Jewish woman who has been standing up to online antisemitic abuse, she has given a very moving interview with Chanel 4 News on the subject. And rather than side with a member of a minority community fighting racism, squiders decides to suggest she is racist for pointing out that she doesn't have the genetic look shared by the majority of European Ashkenazi Jews.

Can’t speak for him, but I’m not sure it’s a case of sides here Glassers.

Just think it’s generally a bit of a misguided comment by her in the interview, self-deprecating as it may be.

She is of course right to call out anti-semitism in all forms.
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:52 - Jan 10 with 3651 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:45 - Jan 10 by JakeITFC

Can’t speak for him, but I’m not sure it’s a case of sides here Glassers.

Just think it’s generally a bit of a misguided comment by her in the interview, self-deprecating as it may be.

She is of course right to call out anti-semitism in all forms.

Tell me if I'm in the wrong here but if a black woman had been fighting against months of online racial abuse from supporters of Tommy Robinson and gave a heartfelt and moving interview to a major news chanel on the subject, I wouldn't ignore all of her concerns and instead suggest she was a racist because in that interview she pointed out that she didn't fit the typical racial stereotype of a black woman.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 18:52]

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:04 - Jan 10 with 3638 viewsJakeITFC

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:52 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Tell me if I'm in the wrong here but if a black woman had been fighting against months of online racial abuse from supporters of Tommy Robinson and gave a heartfelt and moving interview to a major news chanel on the subject, I wouldn't ignore all of her concerns and instead suggest she was a racist because in that interview she pointed out that she didn't fit the typical racial stereotype of a black woman.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 18:52]

The assumption that her concerns have been ignored is a flawed one.

If she said something racist in that interview then it would be right to condemn it, obviously.
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:08 - Jan 10 with 3634 viewshampstead_blue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 15:08 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

She has been exposing Labour and left wing antisemitism on twitter for some time now and has been getting absolute dog's abuse for her efforts.

[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 15:10]

And I got tap for calling Corbyn out as vile.

I'm not quite Rachel though.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:13 - Jan 10 with 3617 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:04 - Jan 10 by JakeITFC

The assumption that her concerns have been ignored is a flawed one.

If she said something racist in that interview then it would be right to condemn it, obviously.

But she didn't say anything that was racist.

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:20 - Jan 10 with 3607 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:08 - Jan 10 by hampstead_blue

And I got tap for calling Corbyn out as vile.

I'm not quite Rachel though.

Rachel Riley, Tracy-Ann Oberman and JK Rowling are three very formidable ladies who have taken on JC's army of hate over antisemitism.

More power to them.

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:24 - Jan 10 with 3606 viewsSpruceMoose

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:20 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley, Tracy-Ann Oberman and JK Rowling are three very formidable ladies who have taken on JC's army of hate over antisemitism.

More power to them.

JC's army of hate?

Come on man, this is where whatever good point you have gets obscured by your politicking.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:38 - Jan 10 with 3578 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:24 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

JC's army of hate?

Come on man, this is where whatever good point you have gets obscured by your politicking.

Hello Sprucey.

A pleasure to have you back on board.

Is it politicking by your goodself when calling out Tommy Robinson's followers spreading online hate and racism? Or do you see online hate and racism from Tommy Robinson's followers and call it what it is?

The people piling on to RR, JKR and TAO on social media usually carry the hashtag #JC4PM alongside a red rose. They take their inspiration from JC's long association with antisemites, holocaust deniers and blood liblers. They take inspiration from his reluctance and inability to get a grip on the AS problem in his party. They take inspiration from his desperate attempts to redefine the accepted definition of antisemitism.

Whereas I take my inspiration from Jewish Labour MP's like Margaret Hodge, the former Chief Rabbi Lords Sacks and the respected former head of the Race Relations Board, Sir Trevor Phillips. All of whom have branded Corbyn as an antisemite.

The next time you condemn Tommy Robinson's army of hate I shall up arrow you and agree with you. I won't accuse you of politicking.

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:39 - Jan 10 with 3576 viewswkj

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:38 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Hello Sprucey.

Is it politicking by your goodself when calling out Tommy Robinson's followers spreading online hate and racism? Or do you see online hate and racism from Tommy Robinson's followers and call it what it is?

The people piling on to RR, JKR and TAO on social media usually carry the hashtag #JC4PM alongside a red rose. They take their inspiration from JC's long association with antisemites, holocaust deniers and blood liblers. They take inspiration from his reluctance and inability to get a grip on the AS problem in his party. They take inspiration from his desperate attempts to redefine the accepted definition of antisemitism.

Whereas I take my inspiration from Jewish Labour MP's like Margaret Hodge, the former Chief Rabbi Lords Sacks and the respected former head of the Race Relations Board, Sir Trevor Phillips. All of whom have branded Corbyn as an antisemite.

The next time you condemn Tommy Robinson's army of hate I shall up arrow you and agree with you. I won't accuse you of politicking.

Good because any vitriol here toward Robinson is very very very non-political I can assure you.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:45 - Jan 10 with 3567 viewsSpruceMoose

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:38 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Hello Sprucey.

You're desperate to equate JC with TR, but for me that's where your argument falls flat I'm afraid. You know I'm no fan of JC, so I have no particular horse in this race, but you using terms like JC's Army of Hate does you no favours.

Anyhow, we shall never agree on this point so I'll let you go on your way.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:59 - Jan 10 with 3550 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:45 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

You're desperate to equate JC with TR, but for me that's where your argument falls flat I'm afraid. You know I'm no fan of JC, so I have no particular horse in this race, but you using terms like JC's Army of Hate does you no favours.

Anyhow, we shall never agree on this point so I'll let you go on your way.

I;m not trying to compare the two. Tommy Robinson is evil. I don't believe JC is. But he is an antisemite based on his words and actions.

What I am doing comparing the reaction from people on the left when their side act as appalling as TR's thugs.What else would you call them?

The other point is that pointing out far right hate is no more politiking than pointing out far left hate. You calling out TR's thugs is not politicking any more than me calling out those who follow JC.

Unlike you, I do have a skin in this game. A wife and family who can be affected by this.

J2 asked me a few months ago to provide evidence that this was a massive problem in the Labour party. I believe he was quite shocked at stuff I linked. Real stomach churning Jew hate and Holocaust denial.

I used to get pissed off with people on the left who kept dismissing and excusing the stuff I was linking. I saw their dismissal as being compliant in normalising antisemitism. And I still do to an extent.

But what I have come to understand from the reaction of normal decent people on the left is that they simply cannot comprehend that anyone from the left can be so hateful and racists to a minority in this country. It's a left wing version of finding out there is no Santa.

You could quite easily imagine that the Tories could produce a leader who is racist towards a certain minority community in this country. But I think you and others genuinely struggle to imagine the same of somebody from the left.

So I try to not get so angry and instead attempt to understand the dilemma you face.

edit. Anyway I'm back on twitter to have a go at Heaven 17's Martyn Ware for dismissing Rachel Riley's concerns. Stan Collymore has waded in as well.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 20:01]

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:06 - Jan 10 with 3531 viewsBluesquid

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 18:37 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

It doesn't.

Genuinely a little confused, i was asking a question back in my first post in this thread.

But i don't think she is a racist just as i wouldn't think that of one of Corbyns supporters for saying the same thing.

But i'm sorry to interrupt this reply but there is some breaking news coming through right this minute so let's go over to Sly News...

"Yes, some very interesting news breaking right now is that some footage has emerged of a current Labour MP and supporter of Jeremy Corbyn who had said the following to a female constituent back in 2015 - "Well, you don't look like a typical Jew or anything like that".

And your reaction Glassers to this would be?
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:12 - Jan 10 with 3517 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:06 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

Genuinely a little confused, i was asking a question back in my first post in this thread.

But i don't think she is a racist just as i wouldn't think that of one of Corbyns supporters for saying the same thing.

But i'm sorry to interrupt this reply but there is some breaking news coming through right this minute so let's go over to Sly News...

"Yes, some very interesting news breaking right now is that some footage has emerged of a current Labour MP and supporter of Jeremy Corbyn who had said the following to a female constituent back in 2015 - "Well, you don't look like a typical Jew or anything like that".

And your reaction Glassers to this would be?

FFS Squidders RR was talking as a Jew about her appearance. She isn't a non Jew in this straw man argument you have invented who has gone up to somebody and blunty said to them "Well, you don't look like a typical Jew or anything like that".

Let's put it this way. DR Dre can walk up to Snoop Dogg and say "Whas-up n1gger"? You or I can't.

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:14 - Jan 10 with 3512 viewsSpruceMoose

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:59 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

I;m not trying to compare the two. Tommy Robinson is evil. I don't believe JC is. But he is an antisemite based on his words and actions.

What I am doing comparing the reaction from people on the left when their side act as appalling as TR's thugs.What else would you call them?

The other point is that pointing out far right hate is no more politiking than pointing out far left hate. You calling out TR's thugs is not politicking any more than me calling out those who follow JC.

Unlike you, I do have a skin in this game. A wife and family who can be affected by this.

J2 asked me a few months ago to provide evidence that this was a massive problem in the Labour party. I believe he was quite shocked at stuff I linked. Real stomach churning Jew hate and Holocaust denial.

I used to get pissed off with people on the left who kept dismissing and excusing the stuff I was linking. I saw their dismissal as being compliant in normalising antisemitism. And I still do to an extent.

But what I have come to understand from the reaction of normal decent people on the left is that they simply cannot comprehend that anyone from the left can be so hateful and racists to a minority in this country. It's a left wing version of finding out there is no Santa.

You could quite easily imagine that the Tories could produce a leader who is racist towards a certain minority community in this country. But I think you and others genuinely struggle to imagine the same of somebody from the left.

So I try to not get so angry and instead attempt to understand the dilemma you face.

edit. Anyway I'm back on twitter to have a go at Heaven 17's Martyn Ware for dismissing Rachel Riley's concerns. Stan Collymore has waded in as well.

By no skin in the game I was referring to the fact that I have no need to defend JC as I am not remotely impressed by him. I do however have numerous Jewish friends, colleagues and even family members. I've enjoyed many Seder meals in their homes, I've read the Haggadah with their families, I've celebrated with them at weddings and other important rights of passage and appreciate that there is a genuine hatred out there for them among some absolutely monstrous people.

All I am objecting to is your attempt to link this behaviour to Jeremy Corbyn as an individual. That's the link you seem so keen to make. There are vile thugs peddling antisemitism, some of them Labour Party members or supporters, of that there is no doubt. But it is this attempt to make out that they are somehow carrying out JC's direct wishes or orders is what I think gets objections on here.

I know, you'll say you aren't saying JC is controlling them outright, but that's the idea that the constant drip drip of terms like 'JC's Army of Hate' creates.

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:19 - Jan 10 with 3502 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:24 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

JC's army of hate?

No to be fair it is probably a very reasonable thing to point out that somebody backing Corbyn is part of an "army of hate"! Why can't you see that?

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:23 - Jan 10 with 3495 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:14 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

By no skin in the game I was referring to the fact that I have no need to defend JC as I am not remotely impressed by him. I do however have numerous Jewish friends, colleagues and even family members. I've enjoyed many Seder meals in their homes, I've read the Haggadah with their families, I've celebrated with them at weddings and other important rights of passage and appreciate that there is a genuine hatred out there for them among some absolutely monstrous people.

All I am objecting to is your attempt to link this behaviour to Jeremy Corbyn as an individual. That's the link you seem so keen to make. There are vile thugs peddling antisemitism, some of them Labour Party members or supporters, of that there is no doubt. But it is this attempt to make out that they are somehow carrying out JC's direct wishes or orders is what I think gets objections on here.

I know, you'll say you aren't saying JC is controlling them outright, but that's the idea that the constant drip drip of terms like 'JC's Army of Hate' creates.

I've not once said he is directly sending them out to spread hate. What I said is that they have taken inspiration from his words and deeds.

Of course he could discipline people like Chris Williamson, Derby MP who is a regular Jew baiter. But he doesn't.

So sending them out to carry out JC's direct wishes or orders? Of course not.

Turning the other way whilst they do so in his name? Yes. Guilty as charged.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 22:48]

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:23 - Jan 10 with 3490 viewsBluesquid

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:12 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

FFS Squidders RR was talking as a Jew about her appearance. She isn't a non Jew in this straw man argument you have invented who has gone up to somebody and blunty said to them "Well, you don't look like a typical Jew or anything like that".

Let's put it this way. DR Dre can walk up to Snoop Dogg and say "Whas-up n1gger"? You or I can't.

hehe, how do you know i can't?

Anyway, i don't buy that at all. You said earlier that Jews also can be anti semites, did you not?

Well why don't you afford them then the same defence you have used for RR?
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:26 - Jan 10 with 3477 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:23 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

hehe, how do you know i can't?

Anyway, i don't buy that at all. You said earlier that Jews also can be anti semites, did you not?

Well why don't you afford them then the same defence you have used for RR?

Because she stated a genetic fact as I've already told you two pages ago. You seem determined to brand RR as a racist.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 20:27]

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:30 - Jan 10 with 3466 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 19:59 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:30 - Jan 10 with 3464 viewsBluesquid

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:26 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Because she stated a genetic fact as I've already told you two pages ago. You seem determined to brand RR as a racist.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 20:27]

No, made that clear, don't think that she is at all.

But if RR can be cleared of such talk because she isn't a non Jew then why can't those you accuse of anti semitism be cleared for the same reason?
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:37 - Jan 10 with 3444 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:30 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

No, made that clear, don't think that she is at all.

But if RR can be cleared of such talk because she isn't a non Jew then why can't those you accuse of anti semitism be cleared for the same reason?

The two people I named are holocaust deniers and have used vile antisemitic language. RR hasn't.

FFS Even Own Jones has called out Atzmon as an antisemite.

Paul Eisen is a self confessed Holocaust denier

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/20/jeremy-corbyns-10-year-association-g

You are now trying to compare Rachel Riley with these two vile antisemites for mocking those who believe that someone Jewish, like her, would look a certain way.

Give it up squidders. You are wasting your time and mine.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 20:37]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024