Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us 14:32 - Jan 10 with 17945 viewsKeno

Well done Rachel

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:39 - Jan 10 with 2271 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:30 - Jan 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

That would work if I wasn't actively involved outside of my four walls.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:03 - Jan 10 with 2225 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:39 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

That would work if I wasn't actively involved outside of my four walls.

It is a general point not a specific one. Your last sentence just made me remember it.

Edit....the same does not apply re my response to the "army of hate" nonsense !
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:04]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 2221 viewsBluesquid

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 20:37 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

The two people I named are holocaust deniers and have used vile antisemitic language. RR hasn't.

FFS Even Own Jones has called out Atzmon as an antisemite.

Paul Eisen is a self confessed Holocaust denier

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/20/jeremy-corbyns-10-year-association-g

You are now trying to compare Rachel Riley with these two vile antisemites for mocking those who believe that someone Jewish, like her, would look a certain way.

Give it up squidders. You are wasting your time and mine.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 20:37]

She accuses Chomsky of promoting anti semitism but surely he can be cleared in the same way she was with her comments because Chomsky isn't a non Jew just like her.

I don't think Chomsky is an anti semite just as i don't think Riley is a racist.

But she is making a mad accusation here against Chomsky.
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:07 - Jan 10 with 2213 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:04 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

She accuses Chomsky of promoting anti semitism but surely he can be cleared in the same way she was with her comments because Chomsky isn't a non Jew just like her.

I don't think Chomsky is an anti semite just as i don't think Riley is a racist.

Chomsky promoted a Holocaust denier writing a forward in his book. That is the very definition of promoting anti semitism.

So far you have equated RR's view that she doesn't fit the stereotypical Jewish look with two Holocaust deniers and a man who promoted a book about holocaust denial.

Two pages later and still not a great look mate.

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:07 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:04 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

I think she may be out of her depth with Chomsky......now that would be an interesting meeting!

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:08 - Jan 10 with 2200 viewswkj

Keno has just created Oh Jeremy 2019 - Make it happen Spruce - The ridiculous prattling can be saved with strategic hijacking

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:12 - Jan 10 with 2207 viewsKeno

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:08 - Jan 10 by wkj

Keno has just created Oh Jeremy 2019 - Make it happen Spruce - The ridiculous prattling can be saved with strategic hijacking

the thread start with the words "Rachel Riley" and ends up as am argument about some old men

what is TWTD coming to!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:15 - Jan 10 with 2199 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:08 - Jan 10 by wkj

Yep I need somewhere to mention that I have just seen JC on the news doing that thing where the PR people get him to stand in front of honest, hard working, company branded folk......white man, black woman BUT.....not a stereotypically jewish person to be seen......just saying! Evidence that he is selling out to the man and probably a little bit racist!

Login to get fewer ads

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:15 - Jan 10 with 2197 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:07 - Jan 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think she may be out of her depth with Chomsky......now that would be an interesting meeting!

People who cite Chomsky are the intellectual equivalent of those who wear a Ramone’s T-shirt

Most who do so haven’t actually heard any of their stuff. It’s just a way to pose,

Present company excepted of course.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:16]

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:16 - Jan 10 with 2175 viewswkj

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:15 - Jan 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yep I need somewhere to mention that I have just seen JC on the news doing that thing where the PR people get him to stand in front of honest, hard working, company branded folk......white man, black woman BUT.....not a stereotypically jewish person to be seen......just saying! Evidence that he is selling out to the man and probably a little bit racist!

Typical behaviour from him and his Army of Darkness, or whatever the cult is [redacted] made up

Crybaby

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:18 - Jan 10 with 2180 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:16 - Jan 10 by wkj

Typical behaviour from him and his Army of Darkness, or whatever the cult is [redacted] made up

I'm glad you take racism so lightly.

Just for clarification. I'm not glad. I'm appalled.

I've taken one half of the Chuckle Brothers off the naughty step. Time you took up his space.

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:19 - Jan 10 with 2164 viewswkj

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:18 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

I've taken one half of the Chuckle Brothers off the naughty step. Time you took up his space.

Not sure what you're talking about, I was just mentioning Army of Darkness

Crybaby

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:20 - Jan 10 with 2177 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:15 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

People who cite Chomsky are the intellectual equivalent of those who wear a Ramone’s T-shirt

Most who do so haven’t actually heard any of their stuff. It’s just a way to pose,

Present company excepted of course.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:16]

I never did like the Ramones though!
Are you familiar with a lot of Chomsky's work?

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:20 - Jan 10 with 2169 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:20 - Jan 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

I never did like the Ramones though!
Are you familiar with a lot of Chomsky's work?

As familiar as I am with the Ramones.

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:21 - Jan 10 with 2165 viewsBluesquid

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:07 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

Chomsky promoted a Holocaust denier writing a forward in his book. That is the very definition of promoting anti semitism.

So far you have equated RR's view that she doesn't fit the stereotypical Jewish look with two Holocaust deniers and a man who promoted a book about holocaust denial.

Two pages later and still not a great look mate.

Ive seen you in the past link to tweets/info accusing the so called 'wrong type of Jew' of anti semitism and am referring to those not these 2 holocaust deniers.

In the past you have accused the 'wrong type of Jew' of anti semitism for stating that Isreal is a racist endeavour and i am referring to these.

Why can't they be afforded the same defence as RR?

Anyway, 4 pages on and i'm still waiting for an apology and it doesn't look great mate.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:23]
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 2158 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:21 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

Ive seen you in the past link to tweets/info accusing the so called 'wrong type of Jew' of anti semitism and am referring to those not these 2 holocaust deniers.

In the past you have accused the 'wrong type of Jew' of anti semitism for stating that Isreal is a racist endeavour and i am referring to these.

Why can't they be afforded the same defence as RR?

Anyway, 4 pages on and i'm still waiting for an apology and it doesn't look great mate.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:23]

You have moved the goal posts in this thread so many times they have now reached the Toys r Us roundabout.

I knew it would be a mistake to reply to you several hours ago but stupid old me went and done it (doh)

BTW I have never used the words "wrong type of Jew".

Bail out with some dignity.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:25]

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:26 - Jan 10 with 2140 viewswkj

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:23 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

You have moved the goal posts in this thread so many times they have now reached the Toys r Us roundabout.

I knew it would be a mistake to reply to you several hours ago but stupid old me went and done it (doh)

The point when someone bases an argument is on semantics is the point the argument becomes a farce. As does the propensity to put someone on ignore who challenges you without slinging insults or abuse.

Edit:

Oh and having to announce you blocked someone or are going to block someone- like a rotten child, as an example
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:29]

Crybaby

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:29 - Jan 10 with 2127 viewsBluesquid

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:23 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

You have on occasion accused Jewish Palestinian supporters (tweets/articles) of anti semitism because they stated in their view that Isreals policy towards the Palestinians is racist.
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 2098 viewsfooters

Bloody hell. Good read, guys.

Should I throw my Chomsky books out now or not? Never sure whether his political stuff ever matched up to his linguistics anyway.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:38 - Jan 10 with 2097 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:29 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

You have on occasion accused Jewish Palestinian supporters (tweets/articles) of anti semitism because they stated in their view that Isreals policy towards the Palestinians is racist.

No I haven't. I have stated myself that Netanyahu's Nation State Law, introduced last year is racist against Palestinians living in Israel.

It's not antisemitic to criticise Israel.

Time to stop replying to you I think. At 9.30 at night I have better things to do.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:41]

Iron Lion Zion

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:40 - Jan 10 with 2095 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:20 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

As familiar as I am with the Ramones.

For your delication a Chomsky lesson in nuance adressing Ms. Riley's thoroughly researched accusations (but written a few decades ago).....
https://chomsky.info/1989____/

"Now your first question. The “statement” to which you refer is a distortion of something that I wrote in a personal letter 11 years ago, when I was asked whether the fact that a person denies the existence of gas chambers does not prove that he is an anti-Semite. I wrote back what every sane person knows: no, of course it does not. A person might believe that Hitler exterminated 6 million Jews in some other way without being an anti-Semite. Since the point is trivial and disputed by no one, I do not know why we are discussing it.

In that context, I made a further point: even denial of the Holocaust would not prove that a person is an anti-Semite. I presume that that point too is not subject to contention. Thus if a person ignorant of modern history were told of the Holocaust and refused to believe that humans are capable of such monstrous acts, we would not conclude that he is an anti-Semite. That suffices to establish the point at issue.

The point is considerably more general. Denial of monstrous atrocities, whatever their scale, does not in itself suffice to prove that those who deny them are racists vis-a-vis the victims. I am sure you agree with this point, which everyone constantly accepts. Thus, in the journal of the American Jewish Congress, a representative of ASI writes that stories about Hitler’s anti-gypsy genocide are an “exploded fiction.” In fact, as one can learn from the scholarly literature (also Wiesenthal, Vidal-Naquet, etc.), Hitler’s treatment of the gypsies was on a par with his slaughter of Jews. But we do not conclude from these facts alone that the AJC and ASI are anti-gypsy racists. Similarly, numerous scholars deny that the Armenian genocide took place, and some people, like Elie Wiesel, make extraordinary efforts to prevent any commemoration or even discussion of it. Until the last few years, despite overwhelming evidence before their eyes, scholars denied the slaughter of some 10 million native Americans in North America and perhaps 100 million on the [South American] continent. Recent studies of US opinion show that the median estimate of Vietnamese casualties [resulting from the Vietnam War] is 100,000, about 1/20 of the official figure and probably 130 or 140 of the actual figure. The reason is that that is the fare they have been fed by the propaganda apparatus (media, journals of opinion, intellectuals, etc., “scholarship,” etc.) for 20 years. We (at least I) do not conclude from that fact alone that virtually the whole country consists of anti-Vietnamese racists. I leave it to you to draw the obvious analogies."

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:41 - Jan 10 with 2094 viewsfooters

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:29 - Jan 10 by Bluesquid

The rules are that you can say the Israeli state's repeated actions may be racist but not that Israel is a racist endeavour. It's just occasionally racist; like only on days that end in 'y'.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:44 - Jan 10 with 2079 viewsBluesquid

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:38 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

No I haven't. I have stated myself that Netanyahu's Nation State Law, introduced last year is racist against Palestinians living in Israel.

It's not antisemitic to criticise Israel.

Time to stop replying to you I think. At 9.30 at night I have better things to do.

You have. Pro Palestinian Jews that stated Isreal is a racist endeavour.

Plenty of tweets/articles linked in those big threads that you were involved in.

You claimed it was anti semetic to state that Isreal is a racist endeavour.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:50]
Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:44 - Jan 10 with 2076 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:18 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

As well meaning as you are GB you regularly show the self awareness of a hamster (less emotive than slug) when it comes to failing to see when you get carried away and ahead of yourself in trying to confirm your agendas!

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:47 - Jan 10 with 2063 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rachel Riley - has echoed the views of many of us on 21:38 - Jan 10 by footers

Bloody hell. Good read, guys.

Should I throw my Chomsky books out now or not? Never sure whether his political stuff ever matched up to his linguistics anyway.

You must burn them!

Edit....either way, keep or burn, you're going to be regarded as an anti semite!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 21:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024