Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ftse down again this morning 08:58 - Dec 6 with 42287 viewsbluelagos

House prices down 5%.

Thanks a fcking lot Brexiteers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ftse down again this morning on 09:02 - Dec 6 with 12266 viewsStokieBlue

Isn't that what most people wanted with regards to house prices?

That must be a national average as I'd say it's more like 10% around my way, maybe more.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ftse down again this morning on 09:03 - Dec 6 with 12262 viewsWithnail

You remoaners are only interested in money.

Good blub though!!
Ftse down again this morning on 09:03 - Dec 6 with 12259 viewsGlasgowBlue

Aren’t the markets reacting to the liklyhood May’s deal will be voted down? Perhaps you should be thanking the hard remainers who are pushing fir a second referendum and the hard brexiters who are pushing for no deal.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 9:04]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ftse down again this morning on 09:06 - Dec 6 with 12243 viewsKeno

Ftse down again this morning on 09:03 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

Aren’t the markets reacting to the liklyhood May’s deal will be voted down? Perhaps you should be thanking the hard remainers who are pushing fir a second referendum and the hard brexiters who are pushing for no deal.

markets are reacting as much if not more to Trump and the China trade war.

also the FT is at level it is in part due to the fall in Sterling after the referendum.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ftse down again this morning on 09:07 - Dec 6 with 12236 viewshampstead_blue

As a Brexiteer I'll say 'Thank-you' for your OP.

It does make homes more affordable.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ftse down again this morning on 09:15 - Dec 6 with 12200 viewsRegencyBlue

I love how everything is blamed on Brexit.

House prices have had peaks and troughs for as long as I can remember and will continue to do so. In addition housing becoming more affordable isnt a bad thing.
Ftse down again this morning on 09:20 - Dec 6 with 12175 viewsGeoffSentence

Ftse down again this morning on 09:02 - Dec 6 by StokieBlue

Isn't that what most people wanted with regards to house prices?

That must be a national average as I'd say it's more like 10% around my way, maybe more.

SB

I am not sure why people get so enthralled to high house prices, the only people who benefit are those who are downsizing or investing. For everybody else who just wants somewhere to live the lower they are, the better.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ftse down again this morning on 09:20 - Dec 6 with 12176 viewsDanTheMan

Ftse down again this morning on 09:15 - Dec 6 by RegencyBlue

I love how everything is blamed on Brexit.

House prices have had peaks and troughs for as long as I can remember and will continue to do so. In addition housing becoming more affordable isnt a bad thing.

You must have a hell of a memory because they've been basically going up since the 1970s.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Ftse down again this morning on 09:21 - Dec 6 with 12170 viewsDanTheMan

Ftse down again this morning on 09:20 - Dec 6 by GeoffSentence

I am not sure why people get so enthralled to high house prices, the only people who benefit are those who are downsizing or investing. For everybody else who just wants somewhere to live the lower they are, the better.

Does it not affect people who have recently bought a house?

Ftse down again this morning on 09:24 - Dec 6 with 12153 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 09:20 - Dec 6 by DanTheMan

You must have a hell of a memory because they've been basically going up since the 1970s.

House prices fell in 1992 and 2008. In some areas they have only just reached their pre 2008 value.

Iron Lion Zion

Ftse down again this morning on 09:24 - Dec 6 with 12151 viewsGeoffSentence

Ftse down again this morning on 09:21 - Dec 6 by DanTheMan

Does it not affect people who have recently bought a house?

It only matters in any respect when you sell or buy a house. If you are contentedly living in one it really doesn't matter.

Even if you technically have negative equity today, it make not a jot of difference unless you are selling up. Even then if house prices have come down overall you will benefit on your next purchase.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ftse down again this morning on 09:26 - Dec 6 with 12147 viewsDanTheMan

Ftse down again this morning on 09:24 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

House prices fell in 1992 and 2008. In some areas they have only just reached their pre 2008 value.

They did indeed, but the longer term trend across the nation is just up.

https://www.allagents.co.uk/house-prices-adjusted/

Ftse down again this morning on 09:27 - Dec 6 with 12148 viewsfactual_blue

Ftse down again this morning on 09:03 - Dec 6 by Withnail

You remoaners are only interested in money.

Good blub though!!

It's marginally better than being interested in bigotry, racism and ignorance, the defining tropes of the brexiteers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ftse down again this morning on 09:28 - Dec 6 with 12143 viewsVaughan8

Ftse down again this morning on 09:20 - Dec 6 by GeoffSentence

Surely the lower the house prices, some people might not be able to move (maybe for having a high % of their house being mortgaged) and therefore don't have their house on sale who would normally and so there are less houses on the market...….

I don't think lower house prices is necessary going to help people who aren't already on the housing ladder!
Ftse down again this morning on 09:30 - Dec 6 with 12132 viewsjjblue84

Good news, houses are ridiculously overpriced as everyone knows!
Ftse down again this morning on 09:31 - Dec 6 with 12130 viewsLord_Lucan

Actually it isn’t BREXIT, it’s the uncertainty.

The markets don’t like uncertainty.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ftse down again this morning on 09:32 - Dec 6 with 12121 viewsgiant_stow

Ftse down again this morning on 09:03 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

Don't be daft - none of that would be happening if it wasn't for brexiters. Having said that, houses pricea dipping is overall good, as long as it happens slowly. Round here, things are just starting to fall fast with noticeably cheaper places coming onto the market now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ftse down again this morning on 09:33 - Dec 6 with 12118 viewsElephantintheRoom

Buying opportunities dear boy. Imagine having a few spare million at the moment like Nigel Farage (£2million in media fees since Brexit) and Boris Johnson (at least £1million )

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Ftse down again this morning on 09:35 - Dec 6 with 12111 viewsVic

Surely house price falls are a good thing? People moan that first timers can’t afford them so this has to help. For people already in the market it doesn’t really make any difference! Good all round I think.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ftse down again this morning on 09:40 - Dec 6 with 12088 viewshomer_123

Ftse down again this morning on 09:31 - Dec 6 by Lord_Lucan

Actually it isn’t BREXIT, it’s the uncertainty.

The markets don’t like uncertainty.

Which, whilst Brexit is playing a part, globally it isn't the only sh*t storm in town.

Besides, surely lower house prices is something we need isn't it? I don't know about anyone else but if house prices continue at this level, I'm not exactly sure how my kids are ever going to 'own' their own homes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ftse down again this morning on 09:40 - Dec 6 with 12086 viewsDeano69

Ftse down again this morning on 09:24 - Dec 6 by GeoffSentence

It only matters in any respect when you sell or buy a house. If you are contentedly living in one it really doesn't matter.

Even if you technically have negative equity today, it make not a jot of difference unless you are selling up. Even then if house prices have come down overall you will benefit on your next purchase.

Can have a bearing if you are re-negotiating an new fixed rate mortgage or the like.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Ftse down again this morning on 09:42 - Dec 6 with 12075 viewsWithnail

Ftse down again this morning on 09:27 - Dec 6 by factual_blue

It's marginally better than being interested in bigotry, racism and ignorance, the defining tropes of the brexiteers.

Blah blah blah. Boring.

You lost, get over it.
Ftse down again this morning on 09:43 - Dec 6 with 12073 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 09:32 - Dec 6 by giant_stow

Don't be daft - none of that would be happening if it wasn't for brexiters. Having said that, houses pricea dipping is overall good, as long as it happens slowly. Round here, things are just starting to fall fast with noticeably cheaper places coming onto the market now.

The ftse and house prices have been unaffected by the vote to leave in 2016 despite the predictions to the contrary. As Lucan says, it’s tge uncertainty that is now taking effect. The pound dropped when May’s deal looked dead.

The markets are reacting to the liklyhoid of the deal being defeated. That isn’t daft.

Iron Lion Zion

Ftse down again this morning on 09:44 - Dec 6 with 12062 viewsGuthrum

Ftse down again this morning on 09:35 - Dec 6 by Vic

Surely house price falls are a good thing? People moan that first timers can’t afford them so this has to help. For people already in the market it doesn’t really make any difference! Good all round I think.

Except that those stuck in negative equity cannot afford to sell to the first-time buyers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ftse down again this morning on 09:45 - Dec 6 with 12049 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

5%....the pleasure is mine.....hoping for more!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024