Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ftse down again this morning 08:58 - Dec 6 with 42505 viewsbluelagos

House prices down 5%.

Thanks a fcking lot Brexiteers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ftse down again this morning on 09:45 - Dec 6 with 2677 viewsLord_Lucan

Ftse down again this morning on 09:40 - Dec 6 by homer_123

Which, whilst Brexit is playing a part, globally it isn't the only sh*t storm in town.

Besides, surely lower house prices is something we need isn't it? I don't know about anyone else but if house prices continue at this level, I'm not exactly sure how my kids are ever going to 'own' their own homes.

Bloody kids. Walking around as if they rent the place.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ftse down again this morning on 09:46 - Dec 6 with 2675 viewsfactual_blue

Ftse down again this morning on 09:42 - Dec 6 by Withnail

Blah blah blah. Boring.

You lost, get over it.

Splendid rebuttal, well done.

Enjoy ruining our country.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ftse down again this morning on 09:48 - Dec 6 with 2664 viewsFtnfwest

When they go back up you'll be the first one moaning that they're too expensive
Ftse down again this morning on 09:50 - Dec 6 with 2654 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

......hopefully the next stage is we start paying to train nurses again!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Ftse down again this morning on 09:51 - Dec 6 with 2652 viewsdickie

The house prices dropping is not a good thing on the whole, and it's unlikely to improve things for first time buyers struggling to get on the housing ladder as lenders will be less likely to lend
Ftse down again this morning on 09:51 - Dec 6 with 2652 viewsfooters

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Markets hate uncertainty, so let's vote for years of it. Lol.

Cheers, turkeys.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ftse down again this morning on 09:54 - Dec 6 with 2640 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 09:51 - Dec 6 by footers

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Markets hate uncertainty, so let's vote for years of it. Lol.

Cheers, turkeys.

So you accept that a second referendum or no deal will create further uncertainty, whereas May’s deal, as imperfect as it is, would create the opposite.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ftse down again this morning on 09:55 - Dec 6 with 2637 viewsJ2BLUE

Ftse down again this morning on 09:21 - Dec 6 by DanTheMan

Does it not affect people who have recently bought a house?

There are winners and losers with everything. These days people tend to think everything should go their own way. If houses prices fall it helps first time buyers. If house prices go up it helps investors and people downsizing. We now live in a world where everything is analysed to death and there's always someone protesting that things aren't going their way.

If you're buying a home to live in, a temporary price fluctuation doesn't matter. If you consider your primary residence an investment, investments can go up or down.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Ftse down again this morning on 09:58 - Dec 6 with 2628 viewsgiant_stow

Ftse down again this morning on 09:43 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

The ftse and house prices have been unaffected by the vote to leave in 2016 despite the predictions to the contrary. As Lucan says, it’s tge uncertainty that is now taking effect. The pound dropped when May’s deal looked dead.

The markets are reacting to the liklyhoid of the deal being defeated. That isn’t daft.

One follows another. No brexit win, no uncertainty.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ftse down again this morning on 09:59 - Dec 6 with 2625 viewsStokieBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 09:54 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

So you accept that a second referendum or no deal will create further uncertainty, whereas May’s deal, as imperfect as it is, would create the opposite.

It's been proven to be fatally flawed though given the legal advice yesterday.

An indefinite backstop is also no certainty.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Ftse down again this morning on 09:59 - Dec 6 with 2622 viewsfooters

The difference being a second referendum offers the possibility of remaining, which would encourage the markets and secure the UK's economic future with the world's most affluent trading bloc.

We're now on to the stage of blaming other things for Brexit's negative impacts. Sigh.

Ftse down again this morning on 10:00 - Dec 6 with 2609 viewsdickie

Ftse down again this morning on 09:55 - Dec 6 by J2BLUE

There are winners and losers with everything. These days people tend to think everything should go their own way. If houses prices fall it helps first time buyers. If house prices go up it helps investors and people downsizing. We now live in a world where everything is analysed to death and there's always someone protesting that things aren't going their way.

If you're buying a home to live in, a temporary price fluctuation doesn't matter. If you consider your primary residence an investment, investments can go up or down.

Except there aren't enough new houses being built, the occupied ones won't go on the market due to negative equity and lenders won't be as likely to lend. Sounds brilliant!
Ftse down again this morning on 10:02 - Dec 6 with 2597 viewsJ2BLUE

Ftse down again this morning on 10:00 - Dec 6 by dickie

Except there aren't enough new houses being built, the occupied ones won't go on the market due to negative equity and lenders won't be as likely to lend. Sounds brilliant!

According to Carney the banks are extremely solid and won't have any reason not to lend. I think we can safely say Carney would be all too happy to say if he felt otherwise.

Truly impaired.

Ftse down again this morning on 10:03 - Dec 6 with 2594 viewsSomethingBlue

You think May's deal offers certainty?!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ftse down again this morning on 10:03 - Dec 6 with 2594 viewsBurwell_Blue

My house prices has not dipped for 25years+

Its worth what someone will pay for it and what I want for it. This has never gone down.
Ftse down again this morning on 10:04 - Dec 6 with 2592 viewsgiant_stow

Ftse down again this morning on 10:00 - Dec 6 by dickie

If we get a hard brexit, pound drops, rates go up, people may not have a choice about staying put. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just possible.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ftse down again this morning on 10:04 - Dec 6 with 2586 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 09:59 - Dec 6 by footers

The difference being a second referendum offers the possibility of remaining, which would encourage the markets and secure the UK's economic future with the world's most affluent trading bloc.

We're now on to the stage of blaming other things for Brexit's negative impacts. Sigh.

and If leave wins again? More uncertainty.

We are due to leave in three months time. A second referendum could not be organised before that date. So we’d crash out with no deal util the second referendum. The question therefore would not be remain but rejoin. Would we get an agreement with the EU fir the terms of being readmitted.

Again, years of uncertainty.

Iron Lion Zion

Ftse down again this morning on 10:04 - Dec 6 with 2581 viewsNo9

Ftse down again this morning on 09:03 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

Aren’t the markets reacting to the liklyhood May’s deal will be voted down? Perhaps you should be thanking the hard remainers who are pushing fir a second referendum and the hard brexiters who are pushing for no deal.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 9:04]

There is only one person who has created this mes = Mrs May, the warnings were there, she was a useless, spiteful HS.
Then you blame the tory party for letting her take over.
She wanted to be dictator but was defeated in that by a member of the public.
She still won't accept she has all sides against her.
Ftse down again this morning on 10:05 - Dec 6 with 2579 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 10:03 - Dec 6 by SomethingBlue

You think May's deal offers certainty?!

Business and the markets do. Which is what we are talking about in this thread.

Iron Lion Zion

Ftse down again this morning on 10:05 - Dec 6 with 2578 viewsJ2BLUE

Ftse down again this morning on 10:04 - Dec 6 by giant_stow

If we get a hard brexit, pound drops, rates go up, people may not have a choice about staying put. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just possible.

Bread and circuses. We're currently enjoying the circus before the softest of Brexits or no Brexit. Don't be fooled into thinking there is any chance of a hard Brexit or 'Brexit' as it was called before remain lost the vote.

Truly impaired.

Ftse down again this morning on 10:06 - Dec 6 with 2577 viewsStokieBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 10:04 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

We are due to leave in three months time. A second referendum could not be organised before that date. So we’d crash out with no deal util the second referendum. The question therefore would not be remain but rejoin. Would we get an agreement with the EU fir the terms of being readmitted.

So wouldn't the solution be:

1) Withdraw article 50.
2) Hold a remain vs no deal referendum.
3) Act on the result whichever way it goes.

That way people can't say they didn't know what they were voting for, there is no uncertainty on the two positions and if we remain it's on the same terms as before this all started. We aren't going to get a "good" deal so might as well stop trying to head down that path.

SB
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 10:08]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Ftse down again this morning on 10:07 - Dec 6 with 2567 viewsfooters

Meh. You voted for Brexit, you tell me. Didn't you anticipate uncertainty, any downturn in the economy? Isn't it all a worthwhile price to pay for leaving the EUSSR?

I'm not a Brexiteer so you'll have to find the answers with the big-brains who were promising us milk and honey.

Ftse down again this morning on 10:08 - Dec 6 with 2566 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ftse down again this morning on 10:06 - Dec 6 by StokieBlue

1) Withdraw article 50.

That way people can't say they didn't know what they were voting for, there is no uncertainty on the two positions and if we remain it's on the same terms as before this all started. We aren't going to get a "good" deal so might as well stop trying to head down that path.

SB

Withdraw article 50 is a guaranteed way to shore up, and perhaps even increase, a leave vote.

Iron Lion Zion

Ftse down again this morning on 10:08 - Dec 6 with 2562 viewsJ2BLUE

Ftse down again this morning on 10:06 - Dec 6 by StokieBlue

1) Withdraw article 50.

SB

Edit: Worded this badly.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 10:17]

Truly impaired.

Ftse down again this morning on 10:15 - Dec 6 with 2521 viewsgiant_stow

We can probably cancel article 50 if things get sticky.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024