Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things you hate about modern football please 09:51 - Sep 26 with 10822 viewsMaySixth

for arguments sake, that's football since 1992 and Sky's takeover

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Things you hate about modern football please on 09:58 - Sep 26 with 5776 viewsCurrie10

I'll kick off akin to my Hurst 1 positive 1 negative the other day.

* Parachute £££. PLEASE end that now. Disgrace.
Things you hate about modern football please on 10:00 - Sep 26 with 5771 viewsNazemariner

The average supporter.
Things you hate about modern football please on 10:00 - Sep 26 with 5758 viewsSomethingBlue

People who tell porkies on message boards.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:04 - Sep 26 with 5758 viewsWD19

Would be quicker to list the things I like.

....actually......no it wouldn't. I can't think of any.
Things you hate about modern football please on 10:05 - Sep 26 with 5750 viewsJ2BLUE

The ridiculous amount of stats. Sky have such sh1te as 'duels won'. They throw endless meaningless stats at you like it provides some kind of insight.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 18:59]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:07 - Sep 26 with 5745 viewsm14_blue

Teams wearing away kits when there's no need.

FA cup semi finals at Wembley.

Diving.

Players lack of respect for the referee.

Managers lack of respect for the referee.

Players lack of respect for each other.

Silly kick off times just for TV.

People wanting a winter break.

VAR

Parachute payments

The loan system.

Ipswich being rubbish.

Sensationalised 'Super Sunday' build up for Watford v Brighton.

Sky TV

Players covering their mouths when they're talking.

Michael Owen's commentary.
Things you hate about modern football please on 10:10 - Sep 26 with 5736 viewsCoastalblue

Football used to be for football fans, you met a bloke in the pub or at work and he was a football fan you'd have an often knowledgeable chat about football.

Now football is for a huge amount of the population, a great many of whom actually know very little about it aside from who's likely to finish top four in the Prem.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:10 - Sep 26 with 5735 viewsskyblue23

Parachute payments and the general amount of money in the game meaning players sign for money and not the club itself. Alexis Sanchez prime example, obviously Manchester United are a huge global club, but right now Manchester City are the team to play for out of the two clubs if you want success in the game (Titles, cups etc). But he prices Man City out of the move and United payed it out of desperation.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Login to get fewer ads

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:19 - Sep 26 with 5699 viewsMaySixth

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:10 - Sep 26 by skyblue23

Parachute payments and the general amount of money in the game meaning players sign for money and not the club itself. Alexis Sanchez prime example, obviously Manchester United are a huge global club, but right now Manchester City are the team to play for out of the two clubs if you want success in the game (Titles, cups etc). But he prices Man City out of the move and United payed it out of desperation.

So much to hate.....

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:21 - Sep 26 with 5686 viewsBlueBadger

Endless over-reporting and overanalysing of banal statements made in press conferences.

Over-senstive 'fans' who'll quite happily shout all manner of obscenities before, during and after a game but respond like a Victorian nun if something, anything if the same ilk happens from those they're purported to support.

People who just won't admit that their 'definite info' is blatantly made up and still insist on arguing otherwise even when thoroughly debunked.

The ridiculous amount of short-termism.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 10:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:25 - Sep 26 with 5669 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:27 - Sep 26 with 5652 viewsgiant_stow

An Arsenal footy shirt for my 5 year old costing 50 f'cking quid.

(I shouldn't have given in, but he sooo wanted one!)

When I looked at other prem teams, that might have actually even been cheap. bizarre.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:45 - Sep 26 with 5589 viewsITFC_Forever

All-seater stadia.

Soulless, out of town all-seater stadia.

Replica kits being changed every season.

The loading of the dice in their favour by the big clubs at all levels from youth team (and lower) to first team.

The influence of the tv companies.

The influence of the Premier League and the shameful support they give to the rest of football.

The authorities for allowing it to happen.

Diving.

VAR.

The internet giving a voice to every moron in the world. Appreciate that's not just football though.

Multi-coloured boots.

Daft kick-off times.

Transfer Windows.

Half-and-half scarves.

FAC Semis being played at Wembley.

Corrupt UEFA and FIFA.

Winter breaks.

The FA Cup being demeaned.

There's probably loads more as well.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:48 - Sep 26 with 5568 viewsm14_blue

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:45 - Sep 26 by ITFC_Forever

All-seater stadia.

Soulless, out of town all-seater stadia.

Replica kits being changed every season.

The loading of the dice in their favour by the big clubs at all levels from youth team (and lower) to first team.

The influence of the tv companies.

The influence of the Premier League and the shameful support they give to the rest of football.

The authorities for allowing it to happen.

Diving.

VAR.

The internet giving a voice to every moron in the world. Appreciate that's not just football though.

Multi-coloured boots.

Daft kick-off times.

Transfer Windows.

Half-and-half scarves.

FAC Semis being played at Wembley.

Corrupt UEFA and FIFA.

Winter breaks.

The FA Cup being demeaned.

There's probably loads more as well.

Oh yes, those out of town stadiums for me too, how to ruin an away day.
Things you hate about modern football please on 10:50 - Sep 26 with 5559 viewsSlambo

I think you've basically identified the root of all modern footballing evil..!

Well, the Champions League as well. Don't think people realise how destructive that has been either...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:54 - Sep 26 with 5523 viewsitfcjoe

I love more about it than I hate, much more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Things you hate about modern football please on 11:04 - Sep 26 with 5474 viewsbrazil1982

Music after goals.
Music right up to kick off.
Sky over-hyping games and players (ie inventing the South Coast derbies between Soton and Bournemouth)
The lack of English players playing in the top league.
Those animated advertising boards.
Betting ads.
Bang average bench-warmers becoming millionaires.
Supporting Ipswich.
Things you hate about modern football please on 11:19 - Sep 26 with 5431 viewsBerlinBlue

Things you hate about modern football please on 10:07 - Sep 26 by m14_blue

Teams wearing away kits when there's no need.

FA cup semi finals at Wembley.

Diving.

Players lack of respect for the referee.

Managers lack of respect for the referee.

Players lack of respect for each other.

Silly kick off times just for TV.

People wanting a winter break.

VAR

Parachute payments

The loan system.

Ipswich being rubbish.

Sensationalised 'Super Sunday' build up for Watford v Brighton.

Sky TV

Players covering their mouths when they're talking.

Michael Owen's commentary.

Good list. Sky TV and its silly kick-off times have much to answer for.

Can't make my mind up about winter breaks. Maybe players could benefit from a short mid-season break. On the other hand I would be sad to see festive football disappear.

That holding hands over mouths thing: I guess it's to do with amplifying their voices over the noise of the crowd.

I'd add extortionate ticket prices, overpriced merchandise, overpriced (and sometimes crap) food and drink in grounds. It's all about the money with football. Sad.
Things you hate about modern football please on 11:21 - Sep 26 with 5423 viewspmh

Things you hate about modern football please on 11:19 - Sep 26 by BerlinBlue

Good list. Sky TV and its silly kick-off times have much to answer for.

Can't make my mind up about winter breaks. Maybe players could benefit from a short mid-season break. On the other hand I would be sad to see festive football disappear.

That holding hands over mouths thing: I guess it's to do with amplifying their voices over the noise of the crowd.

I'd add extortionate ticket prices, overpriced merchandise, overpriced (and sometimes crap) food and drink in grounds. It's all about the money with football. Sad.

Smoking ban in grounds
Minutes applause instead of a minutes silence
Things you hate about modern football please on 11:30 - Sep 26 with 5389 viewsswede

Fans demanding that a manager be sacked after less than ten games.

I'll put my tin hat on!
Things you hate about modern football please on 11:35 - Sep 26 with 5363 viewsBlueBadger

Things you hate about modern football please on 11:30 - Sep 26 by swede

Fans demanding that a manager be sacked after less than ten games.

I'll put my tin hat on!

Why I'm still Hurst in - for now by BlueBadger 25 Sep 2018 17:38
In all fairness, it was fairly evident that Roy Keane was patently unsuited to the job at ten games..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Things you hate about modern football please on 11:40 - Sep 26 with 5362 viewsSE1blue

Fans posting pictures of players in the pub or nightclub relaxing deliberately stirring up a story for their own benefit.

The lack of creative player and team chants - killed by music after goals and before matches.

All ticket matches for average games. I used to love having a saturday pint with a mate and then just deciding last minute to go.

Ipswich v Norwich now at midday on a Sunday. Utterly stupid when Millwall can play Leeds and Birmingham can host Villa on a Saturday afternoon.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Things you hate about modern football please on 11:44 - Sep 26 with 5344 viewsGeoffSentence

Things you hate about modern football please on 11:21 - Sep 26 by pmh

Smoking ban in grounds
Minutes applause instead of a minutes silence

They are both good things about modern football

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Things you hate about modern football please on 11:47 - Sep 26 with 5335 viewsNo9

There is a lot more to dislike more than like
I like many oldies are becoming very disenchanted with what was 'the beautiful game'
Things you hate about modern football please on 11:54 - Sep 26 with 5306 viewsAce_High1

Good point about the kits changing. When teams used to keep them for a few seasons it made the new kit being launched more of an event.

Kits were more memorable as well, such as the blue Greene King kit when we won promotion and then finished 5th, and the white away strip.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024