Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Connor 11:12 - Jun 27 with 4824 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wonder if he wanted to leave or if he felt he had to?

Often wondered that when managers go and take their assistants when they haven't got another job, do they leave too due to loyalty or because they want to leave the club...

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Terry Connor on 11:15 - Jun 27 with 4356 viewsKeno

I heard he was last seen in a passion emotional embrace with an ITFC Steward, declaring his undying love and crying out 'I'd stay but Mick is making me leave'

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Terry Connor on 11:18 - Jun 27 with 4335 viewsJ2BLUE

Bit of a daft question really isn't it?

They come as a pair
Managers bring in their own assistants
He wasn't offered the chance to stay and his contract had expired/assistants are usually sacked along with managers

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Terry Connor on 11:22 - Jun 27 with 4315 viewsKieran_Knows

He comes as a pair with McCarthy, just like Doig and Hurst.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Terry Connor on 12:29 - Jun 27 with 4138 viewsitfcjoe

Neither he nor Liddell left on the best of terms.

He'll go where Mick next goes, but not ideal because Mick has much more earning power both when here where he has a significantly higher salary and in between jobs where he is a pundit etc.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Terry Connor on 12:32 - Jun 27 with 4097 viewsSwansea_Blue

Terry Connor on 11:22 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

Like a buy one get one free offer? I wonder which one we got for free...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Terry Connor on 12:36 - Jun 27 with 4069 viewsKieran_Knows

Terry Connor on 12:32 - Jun 27 by Swansea_Blue

Like a buy one get one free offer? I wonder which one we got for free...

Given the sheer size of Doig, I reckon we offered him the assistant managers job and Hurst was the one we got for free!

on 12:43 - Jun 27 with 4041 views_

Terry Connor on 12:29 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

He'll go where Mick next goes, but not ideal because Mick has much more earning power both when here where he has a significantly higher salary and in between jobs where he is a pundit etc.

Terry Connor on 13:19 - Jun 27 with 3919 viewsFixed_It

Terry Connor on 12:29 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

I thought it was strange the way Liddell left with little public warning, and wondered whether anything had been said 'behind closed doors' regarding the number of injuries we had. Clearly there were suggestions that all was not right in that area (at least on here), and I wonder whether an agreement was made for him to move on for personal reasons.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Terry Connor on 13:24 - Jun 27 with 3865 viewsReuser_is_God

on 12:43 - Jun 27 by _

Was a very strange comment.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Terry Connor on 13:41 - Jun 27 with 3803 views12th_Man

I don't care he has gone we have PH and CD

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Terry Connor on 13:43 - Jun 27 with 3794 viewsSpruceMoose

Terry Connor on 11:22 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

I mean, it's not like he's Dobby the House Elf, waiting for Mick to hand him a sock. I'm sure if he got another offer he would be free to take it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Terry Connor on 13:57 - Jun 27 with 3744 viewsKieran_Knows

Terry Connor on 13:43 - Jun 27 by SpruceMoose

I mean, it's not like he's Dobby the House Elf, waiting for Mick to hand him a sock. I'm sure if he got another offer he would be free to take it.

Quite possibly, but I think he is viewed very much as 'Mick's assistant'. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't follow MM as to wherever he goes next.

Terry Connor on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 3718 viewsSpruceMoose

Terry Connor on 13:57 - Jun 27 by Kieran_Knows

Quite possibly, but I think he is viewed very much as 'Mick's assistant'. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't follow MM as to wherever he goes next.

Hmmm sounds more like Mick's gimp!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Terry Connor on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 3705 viewsRegencyBlue

on 12:43 - Jun 27 by _

That comment certainly passed me by!

A fitness coach who doesnt work with the first team!!?? You wonder whether its just a throw away comment from a fed up ex-employee or whether it is indicative of a deeper malaise which was going on behind the scenes.

Hopefully Hursts regime will be more professional.
Terry Connor on 14:15 - Jun 27 with 3701 viewsitfcjoe

Terry Connor on 13:19 - Jun 27 by Fixed_It

I thought it was strange the way Liddell left with little public warning, and wondered whether anything had been said 'behind closed doors' regarding the number of injuries we had. Clearly there were suggestions that all was not right in that area (at least on here), and I wonder whether an agreement was made for him to move on for personal reasons.

I think he was offered a new contract, but maybe all the talk about sports science and his seemingly lack of involvement in that side heavily hinted that he hadn't done a good job before he had actually left which may have put his back up. The statement from Evans doesn't really leave a glowing reference of his job which may be unfair as he was working under Mick's tutelage who was clearly happy with him (and he will likely follow Mick elsewhere)

In addition to that story about 25 year olds doing their own work. We didn't even have GPS monitors on our players last pre season which league 2 teams have - we do now.

Also, the first team players were banned from going in the gym unless it was part of their rehab. Texters had a thread about how England were concerned about how Downes and Nydam's workload was managed and think we were very, very old school with how we did things.

Hopefully under Hurst that will change (which it is) and bring better results, because our injury record on muscle injuries has been ridiculously poor over last few seasons. Everyone accepts impact injuries happen, but we've had far too many avoidable injuries and stalled/aborted comebacks.

These triple sessions in Spain next week sound as though they might be a killer!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Terry Connor on 14:17 - Jun 27 with 3696 viewsfooters

Terry Connor on 14:15 - Jun 27 by RegencyBlue

That comment certainly passed me by!

A fitness coach who doesnt work with the first team!!?? You wonder whether its just a throw away comment from a fed up ex-employee or whether it is indicative of a deeper malaise which was going on behind the scenes.

Hopefully Hursts regime will be more professional.

Here's the exact quote:

"If the players using the gym need to be spoken to, I will. We have a lot of players who are 25 or older. They know their bodies. If I tell them to do something and they don't want to do it, then why push the point? Once they get over 25, they've played football for a long time -- they don't need fitness coaches telling them what to do, so I let them get on with it."

Sounds like a dream job tbh. Nowt to do but come in, put your feet up and collect your pay packet!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Terry Connor on 14:18 - Jun 27 with 3678 viewsBryanPlug

Terry Connor on 14:08 - Jun 27 by SpruceMoose

Hmmm sounds more like Mick's gimp!

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Terry Connor on 14:22 - Jun 27 with 3659 viewsRegencyBlue

Terry Connor on 14:17 - Jun 27 by footers

Here's the exact quote:

"If the players using the gym need to be spoken to, I will. We have a lot of players who are 25 or older. They know their bodies. If I tell them to do something and they don't want to do it, then why push the point? Once they get over 25, they've played football for a long time -- they don't need fitness coaches telling them what to do, so I let them get on with it."

Sounds like a dream job tbh. Nowt to do but come in, put your feet up and collect your pay packet!

Wow!

Amateur night or what?

If that was the sort of thing being allowed to go on behind the scenes MM has a lot to answer for!
Good post on 14:36 - Jun 27 with 3609 viewsDyland

Terry Connor on 14:15 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

I think he was offered a new contract, but maybe all the talk about sports science and his seemingly lack of involvement in that side heavily hinted that he hadn't done a good job before he had actually left which may have put his back up. The statement from Evans doesn't really leave a glowing reference of his job which may be unfair as he was working under Mick's tutelage who was clearly happy with him (and he will likely follow Mick elsewhere)

In addition to that story about 25 year olds doing their own work. We didn't even have GPS monitors on our players last pre season which league 2 teams have - we do now.

Also, the first team players were banned from going in the gym unless it was part of their rehab. Texters had a thread about how England were concerned about how Downes and Nydam's workload was managed and think we were very, very old school with how we did things.

Hopefully under Hurst that will change (which it is) and bring better results, because our injury record on muscle injuries has been ridiculously poor over last few seasons. Everyone accepts impact injuries happen, but we've had far too many avoidable injuries and stalled/aborted comebacks.

These triple sessions in Spain next week sound as though they might be a killer!

For me this is the most damning thing about the last couple of seasons. My money doesn't come with a guarantee of a certain brand of football* but it's not unreasonable to expect players to generally be fit for the majority of the season, bad fouls or unlucky longer term impact injuries notwithstanding. I remember Preston had a nightmare with injuries too but not sure how prolonged that was with certain players.

* judging by the Mickering still going on I guess I have to add that whilst I've never thought my money entitled me to it, I've been yearning for a less prosaic and negative approach to matches since January 2017.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 14:36]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

wtf (n/t) on 14:39 - Jun 27 with 3585 viewsDyland

Here's the exact quote:

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Terry Connor on 15:37 - Jun 27 with 3487 viewsGuthrum

Terry Connor on 14:22 - Jun 27 by RegencyBlue

Wow!

Amateur night or what?

If that was the sort of thing being allowed to go on behind the scenes MM has a lot to answer for!

If McCarthy was allowing that kind of laissez faire attitude to fitness preparation, then it cost him his job. Injuries hamstrung the team and led to the poor results which eventually lost him the goodwill of fans and the chance of an extended contract.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Terry Connor on 15:39 - Jun 27 with 3477 viewsSpruceMoose

Here's the exact quote:

Sound like how someone unqualified, like me for example, would do the job.

Terry Connor on 15:44 - Jun 27 with 3465 viewsfooters

Terry Connor on 15:39 - Jun 27 by SpruceMoose

Just goes to show you can blag your way into almost anything... coaching roles, ministerial positions, presidencies.

Being 'qualified' is so old school.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

on 20:33 - Jun 27 with 3322 views_

Terry Connor on 15:39 - Jun 27 by SpruceMoose

Terry Connor on 20:36 - Jun 27 with 3308 viewsSpruceMoose

on 20:33 - Jun 27 by _

Too right. They could be 25 and have an approach towards nutrition like Rommy ffs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024