Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick 14:58 - Mar 29 with 6987 viewsMaySixth

how about us?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 14:59 - Mar 29 with 6091 viewsKieran_Knows

We've not even got a new manager yet and some are already thinking we'll be relegated next season.

I don't give a sh*t about Millwall's, Wolves or Sunderland's record post Mick to be honest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 14:59 - Mar 29 with 6090 viewsFinidiCentenary

What Mick didn't allude to is that he was sacked by Wolves and Sunderland when they were deep in the mire and heading down. That's largely why they went down. Because of him!

There are a few Premier League managers who like to boast they've never been relegated. That's because they've been sacked whilst in the relegation zone.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 15:00 - Mar 29 with 6077 viewsTractorCam

Yes.

Mick is the god, thanks to the Mick outers we'll now be playing the likes of Felixstowe and Walton in 4 years time, sad decline of this once great club.

Get a statue of Mick outside!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Indeed on 15:01 - Mar 29 with 6077 viewsDyland

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 14:59 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

We've not even got a new manager yet and some are already thinking we'll be relegated next season.

I don't give a sh*t about Millwall's, Wolves or Sunderland's record post Mick to be honest.

One of the positives Mick has done is build a half decent squad, injuries notwithstanding. We are far from the basket case that Wolves had become, e.g.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 15:08 - Mar 29 with 6035 viewsHalf_Idiot

All relegated after he left during the season when the club would have already been in trouble.

Wolves and Sunderland were both promoted the season after he left.

You can pick and choose your stats to suit your agenda.

Edit: just realised Mick left Wolves a season before I thought. Cheers Cheltenham_Blue
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 16:17]
Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 15:12 - Mar 29 with 6015 viewschristiand

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 14:59 - Mar 29 by FinidiCentenary

What Mick didn't allude to is that he was sacked by Wolves and Sunderland when they were deep in the mire and heading down. That's largely why they went down. Because of him!

There are a few Premier League managers who like to boast they've never been relegated. That's because they've been sacked whilst in the relegation zone.

Spot on. Do you care to elaborate on that MM?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Indeed on 15:15 - Mar 29 with 6004 viewsRadlett_blue

Indeed on 15:01 - Mar 29 by Dyland

One of the positives Mick has done is build a half decent squad, injuries notwithstanding. We are far from the basket case that Wolves had become, e.g.

Absolutely right. Mick has recruited fairly well, if we can ignore the vast number of discarded wingers & "cheap punts".
There is the basis of a solid squad next season & also far more promising young players than usual.
Holes to fill - goalkeeper (almost certain Bart will be sold), Connolly (could he be loaned again - otherwise, someone will out-bid us, Celina.
None of the out of contract players have contributed enough in the last couple of years for any of them to be seen as a real loss.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 15:31]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 15:17 - Mar 29 with 5980 viewsMaySixth

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 14:59 - Mar 29 by Kieran_Knows

I didn't say we would get relegated.

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 15:18 - Mar 29 with 5976 viewsMaySixth

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 15:08 - Mar 29 by Half_Idiot

All relegated after he left during the season when the club would have already been in trouble.

Edit: just realised Mick left Wolves a season before I thought. Cheers Cheltenham_Blue

I have no agenda, simply asking a question

Some people are made for each other, some people can love one another for life on 15:27 - Mar 29 with 5947 viewsSWGF

How 'bout us?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:01 - Mar 29 with 5871 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 15:08 - Mar 29 by Half_Idiot

Wolves went straight down to League 1 and haven't been back up to the Prem since.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:12 - Mar 29 with 5828 viewsHalf_Idiot

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:01 - Mar 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

Wolves went straight down to League 1 and haven't been back up to the Prem since.

Apologies, i was looking at the wrong season.
Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:14 - Mar 29 with 5813 viewstextbackup

Mick has talked of this also

Micks teams he assembled went down

Micks lap dog was the manager that took wolves down

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:14 - Mar 29 with 5812 viewschicoazul

Those were pretty disingenuous comments by Mick. He basically got Wolves and Sunderland relegated himself. His self confidence and belligerence is admirable in many ways but not this time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:17 - Mar 29 with 5802 viewsSmithy

Didn't Roy Keane take over from Mick and get them promoted?

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:20 - Mar 29 with 5784 viewssouthnorfolkblue

No. Unlike previous ME appointments he leaves us in a stronger place than the one he inherited. Whoever takes over has the makings of a decent squad.

Poll: Our final position

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:22 - Mar 29 with 5775 viewswkj

We have absolutely no chance of being relegated from the premier league next season

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:38 - Mar 29 with 5722 viewsBunny

Funny enough, just posted this on the 'Millwall bringing full allocation' thread:

Roundly disliked by Millwall fans.

How is that? You may well ask. After all, he got us to the 2nd tier Play-offs in 1994 and led us on a few great cup runs the following season, knocking out Arsenal and Chelsea away in the FA Cup, as well as Everton and Forest away on the way to the League Cup QFs.

However, on closer inspection he actually dismantled one of the most promising Millwall sides in our history and replaced them with utter garbage. Just one excellent example would be gifting Chris Armstrong to Crystal Palace. Did we get a an offer we couldn’t turn down? Nope. Mick decided that swapping Armstrong for Jamie Moralee and a nominal fee was good business. I think he spent that money on Lee Luscombe — who made 2 appearances before being sent on loan to Sittingbourne.

‘But he did get you into the Play-offs’. Yes, but that team contained Kasey Keller, Kenny Cunningham, Neil Emblem, Ian Dawes, Keith Stevens, Ben Thatcher, Andy Roberts, Mark Kennedy and Alex Rae. That side should have gone up automatically!! In fact, the only thing it was missing was a prolific striker — the one Mick had given to promotion & local rivals Crystal Palace at the start of the season, who of course went up as Champions thanks to Armstrong’s goals! Mick then completely messed up the Play-Offs by changing formation to ‘contain’ Derby county — the Rams won 6-1 on aggregate, as the players stood around scratching their heads at the completely new formation.

The following season Mick was given a big promotion war chest by Millwall standards. He spent it on players that mainly ended up in non-league after their lengthy and expensive Millwall contracts ended. His ‘best’ buy was wasting 500k (this was 1995 remember & the 2nd tier) on a right-back from Watford — Gerard Lavin. A non-scoring, slow full-back who Mick felt obliged to play because of the fee paid. And if he wasn’t wasting money on fees, it was on wages. These were so big it sent the club into administration! However, Mick saw that one coming and smartly jumped ship before it could be seen to happening on his watch; same with the unlikely relegation in 1996. Mick managed 30 games of that season & yet acted as it had nothing to do with him.

The thing I hate him most for though, is the fact that he got the manager’s job because he was the senior pro who lead a revolt amongst some other senior players to get Bruce Rioch sacked. Under Rioch Millwall played some of the best football I have ever seen us play, we were regulars on TV because of it, with big wins of 6-1 over both Brentford and Notts County in the same month. He was really building something special and was great at bringing on the young players (who were excellent — Millwall had won the FA Youth Cup in 1991 & were set to reach the final in 1994) & good at spotting talent like Kasey Keller and Alex Rae in places not many were looking! Mick didn’t like him though. So, led the revolt to oust him & be installed as player-manager.

Rioch went to Bolton Wanderers, then languishing in the third tier, & led them all the way to the PL — using some of the players he had spotted at Millwall! Meanwhile, Mick changed us from an excellent and free scoring football side into cloggers. This happened gradually, as the players he inherited were so good; hence why people think he actually did a good job. All Mick did was dismantle a good team & waste money. He also hated us fans — describing us as too partisan!

So, if you lot start a farewell chant, we will join in extra loudly, especially if it ends in ‘off McCarthy’.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 16:40]
Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 17:30 - Mar 29 with 5667 viewsDeano69

Time that sequence was broken.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 17:50 - Mar 29 with 5628 viewsRyorry

Very obviously depends who comes in to replace him, but going for us we'll have

1. The traditional "new manager boost factor"
2. Excellent players to return from injury
3. The squad we have and how they've previously been played, being seen with at least one, if not two, pairs of very fresh eyes.
4. Somebody who will very likely prefer different tactics, formations etc.
5. Maybe new backroom staff too.? (Do new managers bring new medical staff with them - physios, fitness coaches etc? I don't know).

I think we might actually be pleasantly surprised as to what happens - look what did with Burley. But then I'm a natural born optimist! and regard it as an opportunity for us to progress, not a setback.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 17:51 - Mar 29 with 5625 viewstextbackup

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:14 - Mar 29 by textbackup

WHich part of that was wrong blueallover? Loves a down vote but never posts. Ponce

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 23:29 - Mar 29 with 5496 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 17:51 - Mar 29 by textbackup

WHich part of that was wrong blueallover? Loves a down vote but never posts. Ponce

Indeed ! This cretin has been downvoting me for a while. Countless times it's happened however he never offers a response.
Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 23:38 - Mar 29 with 5478 viewsRyorry

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 23:29 - Mar 29 by Mach_foreignBlue

Indeed ! This cretin has been downvoting me for a while. Countless times it's happened however he never offers a response.

Same here. When I had a look throughout his history though, he generally seemed quite a decent poster on football. Maybe he's still a passionate Mick-inner who's simply upset at his leaving?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 01:03 - Mar 30 with 5426 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 16:14 - Mar 29 by textbackup

To be fair they were relegated to the division Mick got them promoted from, which makes the whole debate a moot point.

You must be happy with the news mate? I'm guessing you'll be harmonious at Portman Road from now until the end of the season? I hope there is a relatively civil atmosphere from now on, and that he gets a decent send off.

Poll: Best Football Song

Millwall, Wolves, Sunderland all relegated post Mick on 01:20 - Mar 30 with 5406 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I always said it would be two seasons after mick goes that we go down.

I’m less worried as most of the names rumoured are of a higher standard than I expected Evans to appoint.

For the record, it’s evans’ budget that makes me think we will go down before we go up, not the managerial choices he’s made.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024