Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? 17:39 - Jan 10 with 33426 viewsamy73

There will always be pressures and individual problems but, in general, the NHS seems to be in much better hands under the Tories. It’s never treated so many people so efficiently.

I think Labour are playing a dangerous game here by running it down.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 01:35 - Jan 11 with 3612 viewsSwansea_Blue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 22:02 - Jan 10 by Taricco_Fan

Labour's PFI contracts under Gordon Brown are the reason the NHS is so burdened by debt today. Whatever Labour may have achieved regarding the NHS in the Blair-Brown years came at a very heavy price that is crippling the service today and will do for generations.

New Labour deserve a lot of criticism for this, but it's worth remembering PFI was brought in by Major and Osbourne used it extensively to try and reduce the deficit in the short term (according to wiki!).

Labour are certainly the worse offenders by far, I'm not trying to excuse them. But the Tories don't come out of this smelling of roses either. It would be interesting to see if the lower use of PFI since 2010 is simply down to a lack of any form of investment (I suspect it is).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 01:49 - Jan 11 with 3599 viewsSwansea_Blue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 00:10 - Jan 11 by amy73

I guess it depends what you class as a health tourist. I assume the aforementioned Romanians are not classed as health tourists as they are EU citizens.

Anyway I think the NHS does an OK job. So much in fact that, I’ve jacked in my health insurance.

Health tourism is defined as someone who isn't normally a resident. So anyone living in another country (EU or otherwise) would be counted, even expats who go back to the UK for treatment apparently.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 01:52 - Jan 11 with 3596 viewsSwansea_Blue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 01:07 - Jan 11 by FrowsyArmLarry

Despite funding it more than ever

True, although annual increases have slowed to the lowest rate ever too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-38887694

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 07:23 - Jan 11 with 3553 viewsmonytowbray

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 01:07 - Jan 11 by FrowsyArmLarry

Despite funding it more than ever

Tories say jump, you say how high.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 07:59 - Jan 11 with 3533 viewsHerbivore

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:21 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

My lot? See what I mean. People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points.

It should be taken completely out of the hands of politicians. We should look at why no other developed country models their health provision on the NHS. Meanwhile we lagg behind our European neighbours on survival rates.

Says the man whose opening post on this thread began with the sentence "A bankrupt economy under Labour would destroy the NHS". Once again 'Glassers' Book of Rules on Internet Conduct' doesn't appear to apply to Glassers. You've become a horrible self-parody of late, incapable of posting anything that isn't either trying to score political points or a needless swipe at someone who has a different opinion to you; ironically both things you then have the cheek to criticise others for.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 09:42 - Jan 11 with 3509 viewsmonytowbray

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 22:48 - Jan 10 by Pinewoodblue

Have you looked at the age of those you would like to see run the Country.?

I'm not ageist, but I am against anyone claiming these weren't advantages the previous generation had.

TWTD never forgets…

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:34 - Jan 11 with 3491 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 07:23 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Tories say jump, you say how high.

He's factually correct though isn't he?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:41 - Jan 11 with 3489 viewsmonytowbray

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:34 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

He's factually correct though isn't he?

Factually yes, contextually no.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:53 - Jan 11 with 3476 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:41 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Although you ignored my comment saying that I would support a tax increase to fund the NHS further
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:55 - Jan 11 with 3471 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:41 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Do you think the NHS is the best system of health care in the world and needs more money chucked at it or should we be having a debate, without bringing in politics, how best we can provide healthcare in this country?

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:58 - Jan 11 with 3472 viewsPinewoodblue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 09:42 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

I'm not ageist, but I am against anyone claiming these weren't advantages the previous generation had.

The opportunities existed for the older generation but part of the situation you are unhappy with comes from the burden imposed by those who didn't make the initial sacrifices required to better themselves.

I know many of my generation who chose to live a different lifestyle, they went on overseas holidays many years before I did, they purchased new cars long before I did, but they are far worse off now, still paying rent etc.

I appreciate how difficult it is but the early sacrifices, if you are prepared to make them , will be worthwhile in the long run.

Trust thst now your circumstances are significantly improved you are able to save for your future. Good luck to you

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:14 - Jan 11 with 3457 viewsmonytowbray

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:55 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

Do you think the NHS is the best system of health care in the world and needs more money chucked at it or should we be having a debate, without bringing in politics, how best we can provide healthcare in this country?

As I said, there are things that can be improved, but underfunding it isn't helping.

Personally I think more old people just need to stop being selfish and die*

*Joking, before usual forum meltdown, but over 65s are of huge cost to the NHS, more than foreigners and stupid people.

TWTD never forgets…

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:32 - Jan 11 with 3448 viewsBenters2

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:14 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

As I said, there are things that can be improved, but underfunding it isn't helping.

Personally I think more old people just need to stop being selfish and die*

*Joking, before usual forum meltdown, but over 65s are of huge cost to the NHS, more than foreigners and stupid people.

The 65's have paid into the system so they deserve to be helped.

The foreigners you speak of who are they for the record?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:35 - Jan 11 with 3439 viewsmonytowbray

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:32 - Jan 11 by Benters2

The 65's have paid into the system so they deserve to be helped.

The foreigners you speak of who are they for the record?

Actually, with the rate of inflation vs what they paid in throughout their working life they aren't deserving on that basis. Not that I agree with it personally, I believe in things being for everyone and the greater good, but if people want to go on the logic of what someone pays in the system certainly doesn't favour who you think it does.

And the answer to your question, "health tourists" I believe they are called whenever the DM wants to rile people up about immigration.

TWTD never forgets…

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:41 - Jan 11 with 3435 viewsRyorry

Successful trans-gen operation then blueas?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:07 - Jan 11 with 3420 viewsBenters2

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:35 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Actually, with the rate of inflation vs what they paid in throughout their working life they aren't deserving on that basis. Not that I agree with it personally, I believe in things being for everyone and the greater good, but if people want to go on the logic of what someone pays in the system certainly doesn't favour who you think it does.

And the answer to your question, "health tourists" I believe they are called whenever the DM wants to rile people up about immigration.

Thats the trouble isnt the English people are just too kind,anybody can roll up and get treatment on the NHS.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:22 - Jan 11 with 3410 viewsmonytowbray

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:07 - Jan 11 by Benters2

Thats the trouble isnt the English people are just too kind,anybody can roll up and get treatment on the NHS.

Not true.

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/uk-visitors/moving-to-england/Pag

Also, what's the alternative? Should they send them away and leave them to die?

TWTD never forgets…

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:23 - Jan 11 with 3411 viewsunbelievablue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 11:35 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Back up that first sentence.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:18 - Jan 11 with 3387 viewsTractorWood

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:22 - Jan 11 by monytowbray

Not true.

https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/uk-visitors/moving-to-england/Pag

Also, what's the alternative? Should they send them away and leave them to die?

Your both sort of wrong. A&E will always be free so your leave them to die comment is arguably flippant. I think the NHS is just trying to get a fair contribution from people who don't contribute to it for certain instances and doing this upfront is reasonable. I don't claim to be an expert but there should be some basic policing of non urgent care. We have been open to abuse and if the service is in a crisis let's get the low hanging fruit.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/21/overseas-health-tourists-will-be-charged-upfront-f

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:24 - Jan 11 with 3378 viewsmonytowbray

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:23 - Jan 11 by unbelievablue

Back up that first sentence.

Earnings lower when younger and healthy compared to modern costs.

TWTD never forgets…

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:30 - Jan 11 with 3363 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 10:55 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

At least the first choice is a possibility wheread the second is frankly impossible.....it would by definition be dripping in politics.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:35 - Jan 11 with 3359 viewsSpruceMoose

haha -21 and only one upvote! Oh Bergholt, always on the wrong side!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:43 - Jan 11 with 3347 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:35 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

haha -21 and only one upvote! Oh Bergholt, always on the wrong side!

Ha! He must feel like somebody who voted remain in 2016 and Labour in 2010, 2015 and 2017.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:45 - Jan 11 with 3342 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:43 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

Ha! He must feel like somebody who voted remain in 2016 and Labour in 2010, 2015 and 2017.

Not your best work there, Glassers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 16:51 - Jan 11 with 3313 viewsHerbivore

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:43 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

"People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points."

- GlasgowBlue, 10/01/2018

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024