Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? 17:39 - Jan 10 with 33523 viewsamy73

There will always be pressures and individual problems but, in general, the NHS seems to be in much better hands under the Tories. It’s never treated so many people so efficiently.

I think Labour are playing a dangerous game here by running it down.
on 12:52 - Jan 12 with 4054 views_

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:51 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

That's my stand in that particular debate, yes.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:55 - Jan 12 with 4044 viewsLord_Lucan

on 12:38 - Jan 12 by _

You’ve replied to one of the most offensive posts in TW4TD history.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 12:56 - Jan 12 with 4040 views_

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:55 - Jan 12 by Lord_Lucan

You’ve replied to one of the most offensive posts in TW4TD history.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:17 - Jan 12 with 4008 viewsRyorry

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:42 - Jan 12 by No9

This of course opens debate as to what should / & should not be available on the NHS.
Somethings could be done on a 'loan' basis, such as fertility treatment.
Some such as drunkedness on a PAY per visit.
Sports injuries to be covered by Insurance - ditto motor accidents
& so on & so on

Quite.

As many have said, system needs fundamental overhaul (preferably all-party).

The 'internal market' (as discussed in my linked thread) is absolutely scandalously wasteful - a cleat costing less than a tenner to fit by member of staff, ends up costing hundreds

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:28 - Jan 12 with 3998 viewsimsureazzure

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:42 - Jan 12 by No9

This of course opens debate as to what should / & should not be available on the NHS.
Somethings could be done on a 'loan' basis, such as fertility treatment.
Some such as drunkedness on a PAY per visit.
Sports injuries to be covered by Insurance - ditto motor accidents
& so on & so on

Sports injuries, does that include bad backs, bad knees, hip replacements all caused by running?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:29 - Jan 12 with 3994 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:28 - Jan 12 by imsureazzure

Sports injuries, does that include bad backs, bad knees, hip replacements all caused by running?

For the sake of fairness, any injury that comes from moving should be excluded.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:44 - Jan 12 with 3984 viewsRyorry

on 12:56 - Jan 12 by _

Both - but it has raised some interesting debate :)

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 3968 viewsRyorry

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:44 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

Both - but it has raised some interesting debate :)

Yer what Libby? Accidental?

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 14:11 - Jan 12 with 3948 viewsNo9

on 12:43 - Jan 12 by _

to clarify (I could have worded it better) I didn't say I agreed with those issues but was trying to indicate they would be things that would be discussed.

As an example in the early 90's the tories wanted to put the entire cost of medical treatment caused by road accidents onto motor insurances until the AA/RAC et al pointed out what that would do to motor premiums.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 14:14 - Jan 12 with 3947 viewseireblue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 12:06 - Jan 12 by FrowsyArmLarry

Another way would be to charge people for services that are not illness related. For example it costs the NHS £6000 for a normal birth (no complications). I can’t see any reason why the parents shouldn’t cough up at least half of that if they can afford it

Edit: actually scrub that idea... we just need to start taxing everyone a LOT more
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 12:07]

That is one of the issues with the discussion.

There is no point on comparing outcomes until the level of spend per capita is similar.

Typically that is how some arguments are framed, other countries have better outcomes.
Co-incidentally, those countries spend more.

Both the things that GB cited make the point that outcomes are linked to spend.

There will also be an optimal spend to get to best possible outcomes.
E.g. If I get say a rate of 50% of people recovering with 1000GBP
And I get 60% of recovery with 1010 GBP

That does not mean I can extrapolate linearly, e.g. a 1050 GBP spend will not result in 100% recovery.
Since the thing I am treating may not have a 100% cure

So any comparison between health systems that does not take into account optimisation calculations, demographic data, convenience vs necessary spend, to my mind will be somewhat flawed.

If people want better outcomes, the first thing to acknowledge is that it will likely cost more.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 15:20 - Jan 12 with 3923 viewsBenters2

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:01 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

You have div listed people.

Has he?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 15:22 - Jan 12 with 3922 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 15:20 - Jan 12 by Benters2

Has he?

Never have, never will. I love a bit of free speech me, even when it contrasts with my own views. Seems like not everyone feels the same way though!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 16:29 - Jan 12 with 3898 viewsunbelievablue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 15:22 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Never have, never will. I love a bit of free speech me, even when it contrasts with my own views. Seems like not everyone feels the same way though!

Div listing people isn't the same as not advocating free speech.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 16:32 - Jan 12 with 3894 viewsBenters2

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:49 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

Yer what Libby? Accidental?

Seriously?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:15 - Jan 12 with 3874 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 15:22 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Hmmm. As stated in a previous thread I prefer people are quoted word for word rather than misleading interpretations. So word for word......

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 20:32 - Oct 14 with 1109 views SpruceMoose

I'm not entertaining your trolling. Div listed.

2nd page. 11th post.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... by SpruceMoose 14 Oct 2017 20:32

[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 17:16]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:20 - Jan 12 with 3863 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:15 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

Hmmm. As stated in a previous thread I prefer people are quoted word for word rather than misleading interpretations. So word for word......

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... on 20:32 - Oct 14 with 1109 views SpruceMoose

2nd page. 11th post.

This 80s reboot gets worse by the day... by SpruceMoose 14 Oct 2017 20:32

[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 17:16]

We addressed this yesterday old bean.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it?
at 18:57 11 Jan 2018

Nah it's just a threat I like to wield. I love the scrimmage too much.

Nothing gets a man irritated like being told he's been div listed!

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 3853 viewsimsureazzure

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:20 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

We addressed this yesterday old bean.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it?
at 18:57 11 Jan 2018

Nah it's just a threat I like to wield. I love the scrimmage too much.

Nothing gets a man irritated like being told he's been div listed!

Not even sh1tting a hedgehog?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 3849 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:27 - Jan 12 by imsureazzure

Not even sh1tting a hedgehog?

Hmm well, I stand corrected. I guess I was thinking more in the world of online interactions rather than woodland ones.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:32 - Jan 12 with 3844 viewsimsureazzure

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:30 - Jan 12 by SpruceMoose

Hmm well, I stand corrected. I guess I was thinking more in the world of online interactions rather than woodland ones.

Said the man in his new orthopaedic shoes.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 19:44 - Jan 12 with 3808 viewsNo9

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 13:28 - Jan 12 by imsureazzure

If you lose the NHS they will have to be
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 20:17 - Jan 12 with 3801 viewsRyorry

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 16:32 - Jan 12 by Benters2

Seriously?

I was playing Devil's Advocate. It's a debate that needs to be had imho. No. 9 had previously suggested a pay-the-NHS-by installments scheme for it, and I don't see anyone having a go at him for doing so. Plus it costs approx £232,000 to raise a child in the UK, according to a recent survey, so £5-10K on top of that isn't a huge amount more if paid by installments. And there are thousands of children in the UK who would love to be adopted.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/feb/16/cost-of-raising-children-in

The outrage of the person at the top of the page who described my post as offensive is a bit hypocritical, given his post a couple of days ago saying that Toby Young's odious comments on eugenics, homophobia & women were in effect just bantz.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024