Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? 17:39 - Jan 10 with 33428 viewsamy73

There will always be pressures and individual problems but, in general, the NHS seems to be in much better hands under the Tories. It’s never treated so many people so efficiently.

I think Labour are playing a dangerous game here by running it down.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:01 - Jan 11 with 3124 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 16:51 - Jan 11 by Herbivore

"People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points."

- GlasgowBlue, 10/01/2018

Glassers in hypocrisy shocker!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:03 - Jan 11 with 3119 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:01 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

Glassers in hypocrisy shocker!

I can't see what herbibore posts. What hypocrisy is he accusing me of?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:15 - Jan 11 with 3110 viewseireblue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 21:21 - Jan 10 by GlasgowBlue

My lot? See what I mean. People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points.

It should be taken completely out of the hands of politicians. We should look at why no other developed country models their health provision on the NHS. Meanwhile we lagg behind our European neighbours on survival rates.

Should a "No using NHS for political points" rule be applied to buses?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:28 - Jan 11 with 3092 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:15 - Jan 11 by eireblue

Should a "No using NHS for political points" rule be applied to buses?

I said "the health service" no mention of the word national in the sentence you quoted.

Health provision should be free of politics. The NHS is run by politicians and therefore used by politicians, including the side of a bus.

I would prefer we didn't have a government run health service. It wouldn't be called the NHS. It wouldn't be a political football to be used by either side.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:29 - Jan 11 with 3091 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:03 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

I can't see what herbibore posts. What hypocrisy is he accusing me of?

Real posters don't div list. Undiv him and join the party.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:31 - Jan 11 with 3089 viewseireblue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:28 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

I said "the health service" no mention of the word national in the sentence you quoted.

Health provision should be free of politics. The NHS is run by politicians and therefore used by politicians, including the side of a bus.

I would prefer we didn't have a government run health service. It wouldn't be called the NHS. It wouldn't be a political football to be used by either side.

Was that a yes?
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:33 - Jan 11 with 3084 viewssparks

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:29 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

You;ve presumably not been on the end of one of herbivore's massively tedious endless sniping and downvoting campaigns.

He's been on my list for years.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:35 - Jan 11 with 3060 viewsHerbivore

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:33 - Jan 11 by sparks

You;ve presumably not been on the end of one of herbivore's massively tedious endless sniping and downvoting campaigns.

He's been on my list for years.

If you didn't talk guff I wouldn't have to call you out on it, disagreement is healthy but evidently you're a bit of a snowflake.

EDIT - You replied to one of my posts just a few days ago so clearly you're dishonest as well as thin-skinned.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 17:38]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:36 - Jan 11 with 3076 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:31 - Jan 11 by eireblue

Was that a yes?

For the second time I didn't say the NHS should not be used for scoring political points. I don't agree with health provision being run by the government.

My exact words were "People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points".

Your straw man argument isn't working.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:38 - Jan 11 with 3070 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:29 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

He's boring, refuses to answer questions when his made up "facts" are challenged and busted and he get mildly abusive when losing an argument. He brings no pleasure to my experience on this board.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 3066 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:38 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

He's boring, refuses to answer questions when his made up "facts" are challenged and busted and he get mildly abusive when losing an argument. He brings no pleasure to my experience on this board.

To be fair, that also applies to 80% of posters here!

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:40 - Jan 11 with 3047 viewsHerbivore

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:40 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

Including Glassers himself, but the laws of Glassers do not apply to Glassers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:41 - Jan 11 with 3062 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:40 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

Poor old herbibore is downvoting my posts in anger. Bless.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:42 - Jan 11 with 3059 viewseireblue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:36 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

For the second time I didn't say the NHS should not be used for scoring political points. I don't agree with health provision being run by the government.

My exact words were "People can't have a mature debate about the future of the health service in this country without trying to score political points".

Your straw man argument isn't working.

I know what you said.

I didn't make an argument. So no straw man involved.

I just asked a simple question that only needed a yes or no answer.

The politician is still strong in this one.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:44 - Jan 11 with 3051 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:41 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

Poor old herbibore is downvoting my posts in anger. Bless.

He doesn't seem angry to be fair.

Anyway, back to my original point, winners don't do divlists. End of.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:47 - Jan 11 with 3041 viewsBenters2

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:44 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

balls.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 3039 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:47 - Jan 11 by Benters2

balls.

They don't flounce off only to return five minutes later either.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:49 - Jan 11 with 3038 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:42 - Jan 11 by eireblue

I know what you said.

I didn't make an argument. So no straw man involved.

I just asked a simple question that only needed a yes or no answer.

The politician is still strong in this one.

You asked a question based on something I never said.

I don't believe our health provision should be run by politicians or used by politicians, of either persuasion, to score political points.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:52 - Jan 11 with 3031 viewsBenters2

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:49 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

They don't flounce off only to return five minutes later either.

this.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:54 - Jan 11 with 3028 viewsimsureazzure

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:44 - Jan 11 by SpruceMoose

The originator of the term 'div list' was a winner.

This place is far easier when I apply the attention seeker filter.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:56 - Jan 11 with 3024 viewsSpruceMoose

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:54 - Jan 11 by imsureazzure

The originator of the term 'div list' was a winner.

This place is far easier when I apply the attention seeker filter.

Nice to know I'm not div listed I guess.

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:01 - Jan 11 with 3003 viewsGlasgowBlue

You have div listed people.

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:05 - Jan 11 with 2997 viewseireblue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 17:49 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

You asked a question based on something I never said.

I don't believe our health provision should be run by politicians or used by politicians, of either persuasion, to score political points.

Good grief man, if we can only ask questions on things that people have previous explicitly stated that would make life very difficult and debate very constrained.

If that is one of the rules you like, I am sure we will all bear that in mind for future reference..

But it does feel to me like a yes response would have been the one you would have gone for, give a choice of Yes or No.
The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:13 - Jan 11 with 2990 viewsGlasgowBlue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:05 - Jan 11 by eireblue

Good grief man, if we can only ask questions on things that people have previous explicitly stated that would make life very difficult and debate very constrained.

If that is one of the rules you like, I am sure we will all bear that in mind for future reference..

But it does feel to me like a yes response would have been the one you would have gone for, give a choice of Yes or No.

But you asked the question in reply to a post I made about scoring political points out of the health service. You then tried to score a political point over the Brexit Bus which was irrelevant to what I had posted.

You thought you were laying out a clever trap but failed to read the post properly. Not your fault. I do it all the time.

In answer to the question then yes, so long as we have a health service run by politicians and those politicians have different ideas on how to fund and run the NHS, I have no problem with those politicians using it as a tool to promote their polices.

What I believe, as I stated in my post, is that we, not politicians, should be able to discuss the future of health provision in this country without scoring political points.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 18:14]

Iron Lion Zion

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:21 - Jan 11 with 2979 viewseireblue

The NHS is in the best state of its life, so why are Labour attacking it? on 18:13 - Jan 11 by GlasgowBlue

But you asked the question in reply to a post I made about scoring political points out of the health service. You then tried to score a political point over the Brexit Bus which was irrelevant to what I had posted.

You thought you were laying out a clever trap but failed to read the post properly. Not your fault. I do it all the time.

In answer to the question then yes, so long as we have a health service run by politicians and those politicians have different ideas on how to fund and run the NHS, I have no problem with those politicians using it as a tool to promote their polices.

What I believe, as I stated in my post, is that we, not politicians, should be able to discuss the future of health provision in this country without scoring political points.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 18:14]

No, I read the post correctly.

I was asking my question, which you have finally answered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024