Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? 06:23 - Dec 3 with 12491 viewsCurrie10

Approaching half way in the season, and we're within three points of the top 6.

For what it's worth, I really don't feel unless we were to go up Mick will be here next season. I think ( could be wrong ) that however we end up, be it 19th and the season going totally wrong, or 4th and us gaining momentum that'll be him done and it'll be over to someone new.

So would it not be worth, considering how we're doing and the fact we're the second top scorers in the division just getting behind the side for the rest of this season?

I realise it could fall apart at any given moment. However, we're giving youth a chance, 2nd top scorers in the league and have Dids/Huws/Celina. Coupled with Garner/Waghorn, we have some really good options going forwards!

This season to me ( from afar ) appears to have parallels of 14/15 interms of spirit.
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 06:47 - Dec 3 with 7905 viewstextbackup

If we continue as yesterday bridges will be rebuilt, but he needs to drop the past also.

Let's just have it right, we have a very decent squad there, he isn't the o to person that could get us winning as we are currently. But hats off to him for finding Waghorn etc

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 10:35 - Dec 3 with 7705 viewsNo9

There is no doubt Town are doing better this season - after 20 games, than they were last season.
The defence is better with a GD of +5 whereas after 20 games last season it was -2
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:01 - Dec 3 with 7679 viewsHerbivore

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 10:35 - Dec 3 by No9

There is no doubt Town are doing better this season - after 20 games, than they were last season.
The defence is better with a GD of +5 whereas after 20 games last season it was -2

The defence is better? Not sure I'd agree with that assessment at all, defensively we've been very average and that's the area we need to improve if we're going to sustain a challenge. Our attacking play, however, is on another level to last year.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:08 - Dec 3 with 7663 viewsHerbivore

In regards to the OP, I've been saying for a while that if we had replaced Mick in the summer and he'd come in and made the signings Mick has made and had us 2nd top scorers in the league and sitting 7th almost midway through the season we would be lauding him for doing a fantastic job. I get the baggage with Mick which means many fans are reluctant to give him credit but for me the time is long overdue to just get behind the lads and enjoy the season and stop all the Mick in, Mick out b0llocks.

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:20 - Dec 3 with 7637 viewsHipsterectomy

Mick himself has even said it's his decision not the clubs or fans. He's far more likely to leave because he wants to or gets a better offer than he is to stay, particularly if he does do well until the end of the season.

Think it's certain he's gone in the summer.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:21 - Dec 3 with 7634 viewstractorboy1978

Yesterday was all I ask for and I'd have left happy even if we hadn't won. We played with an intensity that just wasn't there last season and the team looked to have a good balance and shape. Connolly has been excellent in that holding role alongside Skuse and can also play a pass. Waghorn has been a revelation and as towards the back of last season, we look so much better with Huws in the midfield.

If we can get to January in a similar position, bring Moore back and add another decent body defensively (Goldson move back on perhaps?) then we look to have far better dept than we had in 14/15.
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:25 - Dec 3 with 7623 viewspointofblue

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:01 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

The defence is better? Not sure I'd agree with that assessment at all, defensively we've been very average and that's the area we need to improve if we're going to sustain a challenge. Our attacking play, however, is on another level to last year.

Odd - just looking at last year’s table at this point and we were 16th on 24 points, exactly the position that Norwich are in now. At this point in 2016 Norwich were seventh on 30 points, same position as us now but we’re two points better off (though they were only a point off the Play Offs whilst we’re three adrift).

Our attacking play is so much better than last year - we were not able to adapt to Murphy’s departure and we had to grind out results because of it. This year we have goals in us so we don’t have to be cautious which is just as well because some of our defending is terrifying!

I think Mick will be gone in the summer as, even if the fans are happy to forgive and forget, I don’t think he’ll be so willing to.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 11:27]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:41 - Dec 3 with 7594 viewsCurrie10

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:21 - Dec 3 by tractorboy1978

Yesterday was all I ask for and I'd have left happy even if we hadn't won. We played with an intensity that just wasn't there last season and the team looked to have a good balance and shape. Connolly has been excellent in that holding role alongside Skuse and can also play a pass. Waghorn has been a revelation and as towards the back of last season, we look so much better with Huws in the midfield.

If we can get to January in a similar position, bring Moore back and add another decent body defensively (Goldson move back on perhaps?) then we look to have far better dept than we had in 14/15.

We have far greater depth than that season for sure - can you imagine how we'd have done the first half of 14/15 with the injury crisis we've had this term!?

If ONLY we can get everyone ( bar Dozza sadly ) back fit then it's going to be a real headache regarding system/ what we can do.

I would just like to think we could just give it a go from now until May - it's patently obvious even if we lose the next 5 Mick will be here all season so even if you absolutely detest the man - I don't think you're going to be the beneficiary by avoiding games and piping up on a forum when we do lose which of course we're going to between now and May.
Login to get fewer ads

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:43 - Dec 3 with 7590 viewsNo9

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:01 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

As they say - the league doesn't lie.
The defence this season is in a better place than it was last season, after 20 games as the GD clearly show
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:51 - Dec 3 with 7569 viewsITFC_Forever

The last couple of seasons (and last season in particular) turned many against him, and rightly so.

Now we’re improving again (although still too poor too often away from home), the rift that formed in the last couple of years is slow to heal - and this isn’t helped by Mick continually having a pop at the fans when we win.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:03 - Dec 3 with 7541 viewsHerbivore

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:43 - Dec 3 by No9

The defence this season is in a better place than it was last season, after 20 games as the GD clearly show

Eh? Goal difference is based on goals scored versus goals conceded, it's better this year because we're scoring goals for fun, not because the defence is better. Defensively we've not been great at all.

EDIT: We've conceded 10 more goals this season than we had at the same stage last season, our defence is worse by 0.5 of a goal a game which is pretty significant.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 12:07]

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:04 - Dec 3 with 7534 viewsBlueBadger

I think I'm starting to see why you think that John McDonnell is a smart man with numbers here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:06 - Dec 3 with 7531 viewsNo9

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:03 - Dec 3 by Herbivore

Eh? Goal difference is based on goals scored versus goals conceded, it's better this year because we're scoring goals for fun, not because the defence is better. Defensively we've not been great at all.

EDIT: We've conceded 10 more goals this season than we had at the same stage last season, our defence is worse by 0.5 of a goal a game which is pretty significant.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 12:07]

But, isn't attack the best form of defence?
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:06 - Dec 3 with 7532 viewsPJH

Not sure I understand that logic.
We have scored 17 more goals after 20 games than we had at the same stage last season so that might have something to do with it, we have actually conceded 10 more.
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:07 - Dec 3 with 7523 viewsHerbivore

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:06 - Dec 3 by No9

But, isn't attack the best form of defence?

What are you actually on about?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:09 - Dec 3 with 7519 viewsNo9

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:04 - Dec 3 by BlueBadger

I think I'm starting to see why you think that John McDonnell is a smart man with numbers here.

Where did I say that?

& don't forget Town are in a much better place this season after 20 games than they were last season.
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:11 - Dec 3 with 7513 viewsNo9

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:06 - Dec 3 by PJH

Not sure I understand that logic.
We have scored 17 more goals after 20 games than we had at the same stage last season so that might have something to do with it, we have actually conceded 10 more.

Agreed, I don't remember any Town team (I started at PR in 54) winning anything playing defensive football
Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:27 - Dec 3 with 7490 viewsJ2BLUE

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 11:20 - Dec 3 by Hipsterectomy

Mick himself has even said it's his decision not the clubs or fans. He's far more likely to leave because he wants to or gets a better offer than he is to stay, particularly if he does do well until the end of the season.

Think it's certain he's gone in the summer.

Where has he said it isn't the club's decision? All i've seen him say is that he will decide if he stays or not and it seemed to be in the context of getting the offer. Interested to see if i've missed anything.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:36 - Dec 3 with 7475 viewsSomethingBlue

It should be. We have a really talented squad now, the most talented for years, and there seems plenty more to come. I would love to think people can just try and enjoy it for the next six months and see where it can take us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 13:33 - Dec 3 with 7403 viewsSWGF

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:36 - Dec 3 by SomethingBlue

It should be. We have a really talented squad now, the most talented for years, and there seems plenty more to come. I would love to think people can just try and enjoy it for the next six months and see where it can take us.

People, including the manager

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 13:35 - Dec 3 with 7391 viewsSomethingBlue

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 13:33 - Dec 3 by SWGF

People, including the manager

Yeah, but above all it's time for fans to ditch the hang-ups and the obsessions, and support the team.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 13:39 - Dec 3 with 7380 viewsTrequartista

I am Mick out and behind the side. It is possible.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 13:55 - Dec 3 with 7331 viewsjeera

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 12:27 - Dec 3 by J2BLUE

Where has he said it isn't the club's decision? All i've seen him say is that he will decide if he stays or not and it seemed to be in the context of getting the offer. Interested to see if i've missed anything.

Interpretation is a funny ol' thing isn't it?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 14:03 - Dec 3 with 7311 viewsbluelou

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 13:39 - Dec 3 by Trequartista

I am Mick out and behind the side. It is possible.

So you think the best thing for the side is to sack him immediately?

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 14:06 - Dec 3 with 7305 viewsSWGF

Now a decent time to wipe the Mick slate? on 13:35 - Dec 3 by SomethingBlue

Yeah, but above all it's time for fans to ditch the hang-ups and the obsessions, and support the team.

Agree. However McCarthy is the one who has the stage/platform to offer the olive branch rather than poking fans with a stick after victories even though it's the minority who have been vocal.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024