Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham 16:36 - Jan 18 with 9879 viewsitfcjoe

Loan until the end of the season - nice move for him to go and work under Mogga and move up the table slightly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 16:55 - Jan 18 with 5968 viewspositivity

lucky boy, could be a big step forward for him. (secretly hoping mogga's planning to convert him into a stansfield repacement!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:07 - Jan 18 with 5828 viewsJ2BLUE

Very good move. He comes across as someone who could use a reset. Good luck to him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:16 - Jan 18 with 5738 viewsDubtractor

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:07 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

Very good move. He comes across as someone who could use a reset. Good luck to him.

Remember when we sold him (into the Championship), and got Harper, and a few on here were proclaiming how it was amazing business?

2 and a half years later and Andre is still playing regularly in the Championship, and Harper is struggling to get into a struggling league one team - saw him come on and look pretty lost for Burton the other day.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make, other than perhaps that there was a really irrational hatred towards Andre from a slightly odd section of our fanbase.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:18 - Jan 18 with 5712 views_clive_baker_

Out of contract in the summer isn't he? Good opportunity to try and make an impression at Brum and earn a permanent one
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 5665 views_clive_baker_

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:16 - Jan 18 by Dubtractor

Remember when we sold him (into the Championship), and got Harper, and a few on here were proclaiming how it was amazing business?

2 and a half years later and Andre is still playing regularly in the Championship, and Harper is struggling to get into a struggling league one team - saw him come on and look pretty lost for Burton the other day.

Not sure what point I'm trying to make, other than perhaps that there was a really irrational hatred towards Andre from a slightly odd section of our fanbase.

Rarely has a player divided opinion as much as Dozzell. Some on here were way overboard with the hype, others way too far the other way. Reality is he's probably somewhere between the 2, but we got OK money for him really in hindsight. He's probably not one QPR look at as good value given his contribution there and the fact he'll likely walk away on a free in the summer.

The fact we spunked some of that money on Harper is a bit of a shame, but he did look OK when he joined and was coming off the back of a good loan spell (at Birmingham coincidentally), so there were reasons to believe he would prove a good signing. Can't win them all innit.
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 5657 viewsVic

Wasn’t really ‘hatred’ though was it; more a case that we needed a different sort of player. At least it was for me.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 5665 viewsBlooos

Wouldn’t say there was ‘irrational hatred’ from our fans. More the fact that he was massively overrated and probably played about 2 good games out of the 80 odd he played. Lived off his dad’s name and the fact he was good when he was 14. Quite clearly hasn’t done anything since leaving us either
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:24 - Jan 18 with 5633 viewsDubtractor

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:22 - Jan 18 by Blooos

Wouldn’t say there was ‘irrational hatred’ from our fans. More the fact that he was massively overrated and probably played about 2 good games out of the 80 odd he played. Lived off his dad’s name and the fact he was good when he was 14. Quite clearly hasn’t done anything since leaving us either

haha.

Enjoy the contrast of your first sentence being completely contradicted by the rest of your post.
[Post edited 18 Jan 17:26]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:26 - Jan 18 with 5620 viewsNedPlimpton

QPR fans seem delighted he's going

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/305479/dozzell/#2

I do think selling Dozzell was a great bit of business though and let's be honest on the whole our central midfield has been far better ever since. Morsy, Evans, Luongo etc. Even if there were a few duds in the mix as well like Carrol and Harper
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 5579 viewsDubtractor

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:22 - Jan 18 by _clive_baker_

Rarely has a player divided opinion as much as Dozzell. Some on here were way overboard with the hype, others way too far the other way. Reality is he's probably somewhere between the 2, but we got OK money for him really in hindsight. He's probably not one QPR look at as good value given his contribution there and the fact he'll likely walk away on a free in the summer.

The fact we spunked some of that money on Harper is a bit of a shame, but he did look OK when he joined and was coming off the back of a good loan spell (at Birmingham coincidentally), so there were reasons to believe he would prove a good signing. Can't win them all innit.

Absolutely, somewhere down the middle is about right on Dozzell. But the fact that he went up a division when he left us, has played a decent number of games (even if QPR fans don't rate him), and now signed by Mowbray too, suggests he has something going for him.

Arf on 17:28 - Jan 18 with 5560 viewsDyland

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:24 - Jan 18 by Dubtractor

haha.

Enjoy the contrast of your first sentence being completely contradicted by the rest of your post.
[Post edited 18 Jan 17:26]

Someone on here, I don't remember who, took great pleasure in telling us him and his friends called him "The Fraud". Nice.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Harper looked like a collosus in that first game on 17:33 - Jan 18 with 5494 viewsDyland

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:22 - Jan 18 by _clive_baker_

His passing especially, so crisp and quick.

He then got progressively sh1tter. It was puzzling.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:38 - Jan 18 with 5399 viewsIllinoisblue

See a few qpr games on tv last couple of years and never been sure what role Dozzell is meant to be playing. Central midfield something, I assume. Always largely anonymous but to be fair to him, qpr are a shambles of a club and he’s had about four managers.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:38 - Jan 18 with 5393 viewsVegtablue

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:26 - Jan 18 by NedPlimpton

QPR fans seem delighted he's going

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/305479/dozzell/#2

I do think selling Dozzell was a great bit of business though and let's be honest on the whole our central midfield has been far better ever since. Morsy, Evans, Luongo etc. Even if there were a few duds in the mix as well like Carrol and Harper

Oof "this is the high point of the season so far".
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:42 - Jan 18 with 5353 viewsstrikalite

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:27 - Jan 18 by Dubtractor

Absolutely, somewhere down the middle is about right on Dozzell. But the fact that he went up a division when he left us, has played a decent number of games (even if QPR fans don't rate him), and now signed by Mowbray too, suggests he has something going for him.

He won't lose his great touch or lovely range of passing etc, so for me he could be one of these players that gets better with experience into his late 20's even thirties..
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:44 - Jan 18 with 5314 viewsBlueOura

I saw him come on for QPR at the weekend against Watford and he looked like the Andre of old, crisp passing through the lines, making things happen and dictating play.

Watching that ( albeit a cameo ) it's hard to see why it has gone so wrong for him at QPR as there is definitely a player in there. Hopefully Mogga can get him back to his best.
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:46 - Jan 18 with 5264 viewsKeno

or Casper as my QPR supporting friend calls him

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:57 - Jan 18 with 5159 viewsMullet

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:22 - Jan 18 by Blooos

That's mostly b0llocks though.

Much like people who didn't rate Skuse because they don't understand the game, watching us slide into League One wilderness whilst he kept playing at the level above was a weird time.

Especially hearing how great things were and how we'd got our club back etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 18:06 - Jan 18 with 5046 viewsgordon

Funny old player - suspect if he came on as sub for Barcelona in an easy home game he could momentarily look like the next Xavi - but in League One / the Championship an uncombative, deep-lying midfielder with relatively poor defensive attributes is going to struggle to find a home, regardless of the sometimes excellent passing and vision.

He might be the sort of player who fills out a bit in his late twenties and gets a bit more street-smart and does a really good job for someone in a few years time. Sam Morsy had played all his football at League Two level up to about Dozzell's current age...
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 18:07 - Jan 18 with 5031 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

The killer is that McKenna never got his hands on Downes and Dozzell, he’d have made them exceptional. Downes is of course shining for Southampton but Dozzell has not wowed at QPR but then again who has?
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 18:40 - Jan 18 with 4763 viewstractorboy1978

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 17:57 - Jan 18 by Mullet

That's mostly b0llocks though.

Much like people who didn't rate Skuse because they don't understand the game, watching us slide into League One wilderness whilst he kept playing at the level above was a weird time.

Especially hearing how great things were and how we'd got our club back etc.

Dozzell was average at best for two seasons in L1. Let’s not pretend otherwise.
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 18:51 - Jan 18 with 4639 viewsJackNorthStand

Not the sort of player you want when you’re in a relegation battle
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 18:57 - Jan 18 with 4585 viewsMattinLondon

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 18:51 - Jan 18 by JackNorthStand

Not the sort of player you want when you’re in a relegation battle

Considering how pathetic we were when we were relegated there’s not really a type of player who suits a relegation battle.

I actually thought that he would develop into a good PL player but unfortunately after his bad injury he never seemed to get back on track. Hopefully for him, Birmingham will offer him a chance to kick on.
Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 19:01 - Jan 18 with 4543 viewsBlueBadger

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 18:57 - Jan 18 by MattinLondon

Considering how pathetic we were when we were relegated there’s not really a type of player who suits a relegation battle.

I actually thought that he would develop into a good PL player but unfortunately after his bad injury he never seemed to get back on track. Hopefully for him, Birmingham will offer him a chance to kick on.

I feel a bit sorry for him as he never appears to have played in any kind of supportive or stable coaching/club set up.He'd have either been a £10M sale or languishing on obscurity under Mick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andre Dozzell going to Birmingham on 19:22 - Jan 18 with 4360 viewsHipsterectomy

I can't remember before his bad injury, but I don't think he was ever a fearless midfielder. He's definitely reserved now, hence his nickname at QPR for doing absolutely nothing, but there seems to be the narrative that the injury has turned him away from getting stuck in, which I'm not sure is the case

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024