Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stansfield to be here by Friday 19:31 - Jan 1 with 9064 viewsMullet

Seems like our long pursuit of him will get forced through now Hirst has been confirmed. I reckon we will see him training here this week.

Anyone else got any wild predictions on what might happen or who might join him as the reinforcements?

Cauley Woodrow seems like a viable one looking at the list I posted the other day.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 6376 viewsIllinoisblue

Are you casually dropping some def info here?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 19:57 - Jan 1 with 6356 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Woodrow seems an obvious one. Muniz at Fulham too. Think we’ll end up with 3x strikers - probably all loans.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 19:58 - Jan 1 with 6333 viewsMullet

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 19:55 - Jan 1 by Illinoisblue

Are you casually dropping some def info here?

Nah, just trying to have some fun and lighten the mood with some speculation innit Time to look forward and think about how good the march to the Prem will be.

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:01 - Jan 1 with 6253 views_clive_baker_

I’m surprised we’ve gone public with Hirst’s injury status tbh, what with us presumably in negotiations at the moment to sign a forward. Can’t help but feel it serves to weaken our negotiating position, but maybe we’re far enough down the line with 1 or 2 that we feel comfortable enough to disclose it?

The sooner we can bring in a replacement the better, it would be nice to have a full week on the training ground before Sunderland but I’m not sure how likely that is.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 6202 viewsMullet

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:01 - Jan 1 by _clive_baker_

I’m surprised we’ve gone public with Hirst’s injury status tbh, what with us presumably in negotiations at the moment to sign a forward. Can’t help but feel it serves to weaken our negotiating position, but maybe we’re far enough down the line with 1 or 2 that we feel comfortable enough to disclose it?

The sooner we can bring in a replacement the better, it would be nice to have a full week on the training ground before Sunderland but I’m not sure how likely that is.

In fairness I'm sure someone on Twitter would be disclosing it etc.

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:06 - Jan 1 with 6116 viewsSomethingBlue

McKenna has been so candid about our need for attackers that, to be honest, I've sort of assumed we are very close on at least one.

If the window proves tricky I wonder if we'd look at Sam Gallagher towards the end of it – always liked him, has a lot of Hirst's qualities, Blackburn deal expires in June, could do much worse for experienced cover. Only thing is he's coming back from injury himself but sounds like he should be match fit next month.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:08 - Jan 1 with 6058 viewsbournemouthblue

Please don't spit all your tea out but someone suggest Firmino on loan to me

No seriously

God knows how you could get around FFP with that one, or convince Bobby that the Championship is the place to be
[Post edited 1 Jan 20:08]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:08 - Jan 1 with 6029 viewsMK1

Bishop from Portsmouth would be the next obvious one.
Login to get fewer ads

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:09 - Jan 1 with 6013 viewsMullet

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:06 - Jan 1 by SomethingBlue

McKenna has been so candid about our need for attackers that, to be honest, I've sort of assumed we are very close on at least one.

If the window proves tricky I wonder if we'd look at Sam Gallagher towards the end of it – always liked him, has a lot of Hirst's qualities, Blackburn deal expires in June, could do much worse for experienced cover. Only thing is he's coming back from injury himself but sounds like he should be match fit next month.

I've always liked him but assumed he was older for some reason - think he'd also get us scoring from set pieces again.

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:13 - Jan 1 with 5898 viewsMK1

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:09 - Jan 1 by Mullet

I've always liked him but assumed he was older for some reason - think he'd also get us scoring from set pieces again.

Devante Cole seems to be a named bounded about a bit. Very similar to Hirst stature wise.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:15 - Jan 1 with 5868 viewsWeWereZombies

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:08 - Jan 1 by bournemouthblue

Please don't spit all your tea out but someone suggest Firmino on loan to me

No seriously

God knows how you could get around FFP with that one, or convince Bobby that the Championship is the place to be
[Post edited 1 Jan 20:08]

Martial isn't get much game time at Man Utd. at the moment...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:24 - Jan 1 with 5713 viewsfarkenhell

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:13 - Jan 1 by MK1

Devante Cole seems to be a named bounded about a bit. Very similar to Hirst stature wise.

His Dad would be ideal!
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:37 - Jan 1 with 5564 viewsFrimleyBlue

Liam delap

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:43 - Jan 1 with 5507 viewsArnieM

Agree with you but that might back up a comment made to me at recent home game where I was told two players in negotiations were a significant way down the road , so maybe fee already agreed?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:00 - Jan 1 with 5276 viewsstrikalite

Let us hope Stansfield deal is done..

We still need two more ideally, so, would you swap Ladapo right now for JCH? I probably would, he's a better finisher, far better at holding the ball up, physically stronger in and around the box, even as an impact sub when we need a goal with 20 minutes to go I'd back JCH over Ladapo I think..

Not in the posh squad today, they said he was injured, yet a few days ago he said he was fit and probably moving in January ..
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:03 - Jan 1 with 5203 viewsle2blue

Divin Mubama at West Ham Is one we’re keen on.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:07 - Jan 1 with 5117 viewsITFC_Forever

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:13 - Jan 1 by MK1

He’s been decent at Barnsley, lacked any kind of decent support last season on the evidence of our 3-0 at the end of last season. Norwood was playing, but was too busy trying to wind people up to actually play football.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:10 - Jan 1 with 5085 viewscressi

Or is Stansfield just a smoke screen for other targets.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:22 - Jan 1 with 4932 viewsRozz

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:03 - Jan 1 by le2blue

Divin Mubama at West Ham Is one we’re keen on.

Could we re-route Downes' loan while we're at it?

Rak Sakyi is returning, not sure if he'll get a look in at Palace. He was starting to get some minutes at the start of the season but out since start of Nov with hamstring injury. Would love that to happen still.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:36 - Jan 1 with 4764 viewsle2blue

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:22 - Jan 1 by Rozz

Could we re-route Downes' loan while we're at it?

Rak Sakyi is returning, not sure if he'll get a look in at Palace. He was starting to get some minutes at the start of the season but out since start of Nov with hamstring injury. Would love that to happen still.

Wouldn’t surprise if we’ve asked again on Downes but think that’s passed, although just what we need. Think we’re going to see same number as last January in terms of incomings.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:42 - Jan 1 with 4670 viewsDaninthecampo

But as an incommg striker if you know Hirst is out for most of the season you'll be the starter whereas without the injury they'd probably be coming in as backup challenging Hirst to start.
We then become a more attractive option for someone looking to start regularly
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 22:00 - Jan 1 with 4466 viewsRozz

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:36 - Jan 1 by le2blue

Wouldn’t surprise if we’ve asked again on Downes but think that’s passed, although just what we need. Think we’re going to see same number as last January in terms of incomings.

Was tongue in cheek, but he'd be perfect IMO and with the benefit of weakening Southampton. Must be someone knocking around in similar circumstances that we could tempt.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 22:02 - Jan 1 with 4415 viewsWicklowBlue

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:15 - Jan 1 by WeWereZombies

Martial isn't get much game time at Man Utd. at the moment...

For good reason!
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 22:16 - Jan 1 with 4267 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:00 - Jan 1 by strikalite

Let us hope Stansfield deal is done..

We still need two more ideally, so, would you swap Ladapo right now for JCH? I probably would, he's a better finisher, far better at holding the ball up, physically stronger in and around the box, even as an impact sub when we need a goal with 20 minutes to go I'd back JCH over Ladapo I think..

Not in the posh squad today, they said he was injured, yet a few days ago he said he was fit and probably moving in January ..

I would not want JCH anywhere near this town squad.

He has the footballing ability, that’s not my issue. I’ve heard more than enough about his character to question whether he’d be a good fit in this group. I’ve also heard he still hangs around in some of the circles who used to run in when he was getting himself in trouble so I don’t think it’s worth the risk.

Seems odd as well that he’s likely to leave Peterborough this window but the only side he’s been properly linked with was Bristol Rovers, that in itself rings alarm bells that Posh are seemingly happy to let him leave
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 22:22 - Jan 1 with 4175 viewsParky

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:37 - Jan 1 by FrimleyBlue

Liam delap

Asked Man City about him apparently, wouldn’t be an easy deal to do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024