Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stansfield to be here by Friday 19:31 - Jan 1 with 9117 viewsMullet

Seems like our long pursuit of him will get forced through now Hirst has been confirmed. I reckon we will see him training here this week.

Anyone else got any wild predictions on what might happen or who might join him as the reinforcements?

Cauley Woodrow seems like a viable one looking at the list I posted the other day.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 23:11 - Jan 1 with 2385 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 22:16 - Jan 1 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I would not want JCH anywhere near this town squad.

He has the footballing ability, that’s not my issue. I’ve heard more than enough about his character to question whether he’d be a good fit in this group. I’ve also heard he still hangs around in some of the circles who used to run in when he was getting himself in trouble so I don’t think it’s worth the risk.

Seems odd as well that he’s likely to leave Peterborough this window but the only side he’s been properly linked with was Bristol Rovers, that in itself rings alarm bells that Posh are seemingly happy to let him leave

I don’t think he’s even scored that many this season, and at his age zero resale value. I was surprised no Champs teams went in for him in the summer though.

Would rather take Poku or Mason-Clarke.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 23:42 - Jan 1 with 2287 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:01 - Jan 1 by _clive_baker_

I’m surprised we’ve gone public with Hirst’s injury status tbh, what with us presumably in negotiations at the moment to sign a forward. Can’t help but feel it serves to weaken our negotiating position, but maybe we’re far enough down the line with 1 or 2 that we feel comfortable enough to disclose it?

The sooner we can bring in a replacement the better, it would be nice to have a full week on the training ground before Sunderland but I’m not sure how likely that is.

Ashton has played blinders for us in the transfer market to date, but I can’t help feel our current bargaining position for a striker couldn’t be much weaker:

Main man is our more or less for the season
We’ve publicly said we have money to spend
We’re in a bit of a rocky patch and the goals aren’t exactly flowing
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 23:44 - Jan 1 with 2268 viewsHalifaxBlue

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 23:42 - Jan 1 by Matt_Netherlands

Ashton has played blinders for us in the transfer market to date, but I can’t help feel our current bargaining position for a striker couldn’t be much weaker:

We have money, but we aren't really allowed to spend it is the thing. It still equates to blood from a stone.

Sadly this usually results in a standoff as clubs hold out to see if they can get more before coming back to us if they can't. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple early loans as we need bodies in sooner rather than later.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 23:45 - Jan 1 with 2263 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:08 - Jan 1 by MK1

Bishop from Portsmouth would be the next obvious one.

He looks a bit old, to me:

^^^click the broken link, direct linking doesn't work!^^^
[Post edited 2 Jan 0:16]
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 03:27 - Jan 2 with 2138 viewsBondiBlue

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:42 - Jan 1 by Daninthecampo

But as an incommg striker if you know Hirst is out for most of the season you'll be the starter whereas without the injury they'd probably be coming in as backup challenging Hirst to start.
We then become a more attractive option for someone looking to start regularly

If we're going for a loan, this makes us a MORE attractive proposition to the loaning club because their player would get more minutes. Can't see us spending big money to replace a player we're very happy with if he's only out for a couple of months.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 04:18 - Jan 2 with 2128 viewsmarvellous

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:08 - Jan 1 by MK1

Bishop from Portsmouth would be the next obvious one.

It's not that obvious to me. I'm not sure why Bishop keeps getting bandied about.

He is Pompey's top goal scorer so they won't let him leave without a large transfer fee.
He has never played at Championship level. Why would he be able to come in and do any better than Ladapo or Jackson?
At 27, and taking in to account the above points, he doesn't fit the player trading club model.

We need better than Colby Bishop as a promotion chasing Championship club.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 07:09 - Jan 2 with 2012 viewsMullet

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 21:03 - Jan 1 by le2blue

Divin Mubama at West Ham Is one we’re keen on.

Would be a great addition - big gamble to be the main man though!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 07:45 - Jan 2 with 1929 viewsyorkshireblue

Sarmiento Has been recalled from his loan spell by Brighton. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was with a view to facilitate a move elsewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 08:28 - Jan 2 with 1793 viewstextbackup

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:01 - Jan 1 by _clive_baker_

I’m surprised we’ve gone public with Hirst’s injury status tbh, what with us presumably in negotiations at the moment to sign a forward. Can’t help but feel it serves to weaken our negotiating position, but maybe we’re far enough down the line with 1 or 2 that we feel comfortable enough to disclose it?

The sooner we can bring in a replacement the better, it would be nice to have a full week on the training ground before Sunderland but I’m not sure how likely that is.

But likely it’ll help bring in a player. If player X is told ‘we see you as the man to share the game with Hirst’ it’s not as appealing as ‘you will be our week in week out striker’

With Hirst now fcked someone has a chance to come in and make that spot his

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 09:55 - Jan 2 with 1630 viewsReusersTown

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 23:42 - Jan 1 by Matt_Netherlands

I'd assume we get a good loan in first which would soften points 1 & 3 you'd hope. Without that we were in a promotion race anyway with minimal backup, so was always going to be an inflated price.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 10:58 - Jan 2 with 1504 viewsbournemouthblue

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 20:15 - Jan 1 by WeWereZombies

Martial isn't get much game time at Man Utd. at the moment...

As likely a link, I would agree!

Gamechanger have never really gone out for a experienced player, that doesn't mean they never would but it's more likely to be a Keiffer Moore rather than some outrageous loan for a player no one believed possible

These are the guys who signed Drogba and SWP for Phoenix Rising though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:02 - Jan 2 with 1474 viewsPhilTWTD

Think that's still very much up in the air, from what I hear. Obviously now potentially impacted by Rooney being sacked at Birmingham.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:14 - Jan 2 with 1382 viewsITFCBlues

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:02 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

Think that's still very much up in the air, from what I hear. Obviously now potentially impacted by Rooney being sacked at Birmingham.

Can't imagine we will be waiting around too long for it all to be sorted?

Need to get 1 or 2 strikers in ASAP - especially given Hirst's situation.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:18 - Jan 2 with 1355 viewsPhilTWTD

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:14 - Jan 2 by ITFCBlues

Can't imagine we will be waiting around too long for it all to be sorted?

Need to get 1 or 2 strikers in ASAP - especially given Hirst's situation.

No, we'll want someone in asap, not sure that that will be Stansfield or that we'll definitely get him at all. But McKenna and Ashton are persistent, they've been looking at him for a few windows, as they previously had Hirst.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:21 - Jan 2 with 1297 viewshoppy

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:18 - Jan 2 by PhilTWTD

No, we'll want someone in asap, not sure that that will be Stansfield or that we'll definitely get him at all. But McKenna and Ashton are persistent, they've been looking at him for a few windows, as they previously had Hirst.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 11:22 - Jan 2 with 1280 viewsstrikalite

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 23:11 - Jan 1 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I don’t think he’s even scored that many this season, and at his age zero resale value. I was surprised no Champs teams went in for him in the summer though.

Would rather take Poku or Mason-Clarke.

He's been injured but fit again now, the thing is he wants first team football and he wouldn't get that here, I was thinking more of a bench player capable of doing an impact job when we need a goal, proven goalscorers are hard to find let alone available...

Yeah poku and Mason-Clarke look quality, not through the middle hold the ball up back to goal forwards but out wide in a front three they look good on the ball with bags of pace.
Stansfield to be here by Friday on 12:14 - Jan 2 with 1163 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I guess it will take him until Friday as he will have been around the world by then. Shame he won't have found his baby, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stansfield to be here by Friday on 12:45 - Jan 2 with 1051 viewsNomore4

Sinclair Armstrong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024