Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Taylor 20:49 - May 12 with 5421 viewsMetal_Hacker

What are our thoughts ?

Can’t say I’ve really seen much of him this season but purposely watching everything he does tonight

Have to say I’m quite impressed - spend some time with KMcK and he could be a player IMHO

[Post edited 12 May 2023 20:55]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jack Taylor on 21:27 - May 12 with 3710 viewsnodge_blue

Good player. We clearly want him. But we are stacked in centre mid.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Jack Taylor on 21:27 - May 12 with 3707 viewsEssexBloo

Looked good so far. Gets forward well, could be a great combo with him and Morsy.
Jack Taylor on 21:33 - May 12 with 3652 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jack Taylor on 21:27 - May 12 by nodge_blue

El Miz and Evans would leave room for Taylor in

Jack Taylor on 21:35 - May 12 with 3640 viewsPortman_Pie

Too light weight for the championship. There will be a noticeable difference in the stature of players in the championship next season in my opinion - and he’s not physical enough to bring in for me.
Jack Taylor on 21:37 - May 12 with 3611 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Having a very good game isn't he. His price is probably going up as we speak as even though I would think Posh need the money, interest will only grow.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Jack Taylor on 21:44 - May 12 with 3512 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jack Taylor on 21:37 - May 12 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Having a very good game isn't he. His price is probably going up as we speak as even though I would think Posh need the money, interest will only grow.

The guy for me has been quality tonight

Jack Taylor on 21:46 - May 12 with 3488 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Jack Taylor on 21:35 - May 12 by Portman_Pie

Too light weight for the championship. There will be a noticeable difference in the stature of players in the championship next season in my opinion - and he’s not physical enough to bring in for me.

If McKenna thinks Taylor can make an impact in the Champs, then he can make it.
Jack Taylor on 21:46 - May 12 with 3485 viewsChurchman

Taylor looks a good player to me.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Taylor on 21:47 - May 12 with 3476 viewsSimonds92

Jack Taylor on 21:44 - May 12 by Metal_Hacker

The guy for me has been quality tonight

Does he suit our team though? Looks to be playing a fairly advanced role, he'd need to play about 15 yards further back in our side, he certainly doesn't displace Chaplin.
Jack Taylor on 21:49 - May 12 with 3417 viewsFrimleyBlue

Looks good imo

Must add. I'd love JCH. He infront of Broadhead and Chaplin would be lethal imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Jack Taylor on 21:49 - May 12 with 3422 viewsJakeITFC

Absolutely brilliant tonight, and look like he’s got all the attributes to be turned into a really good midfield player with the right coaching.
Jack Taylor on 21:50 - May 12 with 3410 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jack Taylor on 21:47 - May 12 by Simonds92

Does he suit our team though? Looks to be playing a fairly advanced role, he'd need to play about 15 yards further back in our side, he certainly doesn't displace Chaplin.

He’s a player end of. Camara was always a different player to both Evans and Morsy. Similar to Taylor looking at him so perhaps this season’s “style” was something we fell on more so than design. Maybe it evolved - Taylor would offer a very good plan B perhaps
[Post edited 12 May 2023 21:53]

Jack Taylor on 21:53 - May 12 with 3349 viewsVegtablue

Think it will be in our interests for Posh to lose the final!
Jack Taylor on 21:54 - May 12 with 3300 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Sky just called him man of the match.
Jack Taylor on 21:55 - May 12 with 3282 viewsElderGrizzly

Jack Taylor on 21:53 - May 12 by Vegtablue

Think it will be in our interests for Posh to lose the final!

Posh’s finances will mean they sell whatever the outcome
Jack Taylor on 21:57 - May 12 with 3264 viewsPortman_Pie

Jack Taylor on 21:49 - May 12 by FrimleyBlue

Looks good imo

Must add. I'd love JCH. He infront of Broadhead and Chaplin would be lethal imo.

I’d certainly consider JCH - if they don’t go up. More application than Ladapo - so if we don’t get Hirst - this guy would be a viable option
Jack Taylor on 21:57 - May 12 with 3263 viewsCrockerITFC

He's been phenomenal tonight, I can see why we were after him
Jack Taylor on 22:01 - May 12 with 3182 viewsbournemouthblue

Jack Taylor on 21:27 - May 12 by EssexBloo

Looked good so far. Gets forward well, could be a great combo with him and Morsy.

or Luongo or Ball I guess

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jack Taylor on 23:17 - May 12 with 2866 viewsPique

Jack Taylor on 21:27 - May 12 by nodge_blue

Not sure we're as stacked as you might think. Love Morsy and Luongo, but both are in their thirties now (and there's no guarantee we even keep Luongo). Not sure Evans is Championship material. Camara - who knows? Ball is OK but a bit limited. Humphries will probably be loaned, El Mizouni may well be sold - neither ready for the Championship.

At least one more central midfielder incoming I reckon, maybe even two. And if McKenna likes Taylor that's good enough for me.
Jack Taylor on 07:36 - May 13 with 2504 viewsWestcountryblue

Whether or not we go for Taylor very much depends on how McKenna views the current crop. For me, there are question marks over Camara, Ball and Evans.
Camara has been out for the best part of 18 months, Ball looks a slight step down from Morsy & Luongo and is Evans mobile enough for the Championship ?

I think El Miz could be the surprise package in preseason. Prior to going out on loan he was talented player, but someone who didn't have a nailed down position or role within a team. Now he's found that at Swindon, i think his technical ability, mobility and added tenacity could be an asset to us. Ultimately, i think McKenna and the ownership team will have a similar approach to transfers as they did in League One, in signing players capable of playing a level up. Whether Taylor is good enough for that remains to be seen.
Jack Taylor on 08:05 - May 13 with 2391 viewsWickets

Yer agreed he had a good game last night and been good every time i have seen Pboro on the box . Yes we are interested but sure we also have other targets .
Jack Taylor on 08:59 - May 13 with 2269 viewsNthQldITFC

Jack Taylor on 21:47 - May 12 by Simonds92

He would probably play a slightly deeper role for us, agreed, but the thing that stands out for me from the limited amount I've seen him, is how well he carries the ball forward, and he'll do that just as effectively, if not more so, from a deeper starting position.

He's 6'1" apparently, and not particularly heavily built - I don't know whether he can do the physical stuff as well as Morsy and Luongo, but he certainly has the energy to suit our system.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Jack Taylor on 09:03 - May 13 with 2251 viewsTractorJack

Thought he was great last night. Receives the ball really well, can pick a pass and constant threat in the box. Would be interesting to see where he would fit in for us though as he was occupying the same areas as Chaplin does.
Jack Taylor on 09:06 - May 13 with 2218 viewsStokieBlue

Jack Taylor on 21:49 - May 12 by FrimleyBlue

Looks good imo

Don't think he does what McKenna wants - doesn't hassle the defenders like Hirst in my opinion.

Can't just look at the goal tally.

He's also 28 so given the cost I am not sure he fits the model.

SB

Edit: Actually 29 by the time the season starts.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 9:32]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jack Taylor on 09:07 - May 13 with 2217 viewsringwoodblue

Very impressed with Taylor last night. A goal, an assist and a goal line clearance were just the highlights. The guy seems to be everywhere on the pitch.

I was actually really impressed with many of their other players too. Credit to Darren Ferguson, he has them playing some good football but they definitely rode their luck last night

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024