Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Taylor 20:49 - May 12 with 5450 viewsMetal_Hacker

What are our thoughts ?

Can’t say I’ve really seen much of him this season but purposely watching everything he does tonight

Have to say I’m quite impressed - spend some time with KMcK and he could be a player IMHO

[Post edited 12 May 2023 20:55]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jack Taylor on 09:12 - May 13 with 1556 viewsbournemouthblue

Where would Taylor play for us, would it be as a number 10 or next to Morsy, Luongo, Ball or even Evans?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jack Taylor on 09:22 - May 13 with 1515 viewsWickets

Jack Taylor on 09:12 - May 13 by bournemouthblue

Where would Taylor play for us, would it be as a number 10 or next to Morsy, Luongo, Ball or even Evans?

Think he gets in above Ball or Evans for me and younger and on the up . But as i have said earlier i'm sure we have others in mind .
Jack Taylor on 09:25 - May 13 with 1503 viewsNthQldITFC

Jack Taylor on 09:07 - May 13 by ringwoodblue

Very impressed with Taylor last night. A goal, an assist and a goal line clearance were just the highlights. The guy seems to be everywhere on the pitch.

I was actually really impressed with many of their other players too. Credit to Darren Ferguson, he has them playing some good football but they definitely rode their luck last night

Did anyone else think that they looked a bit like us at times?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Jack Taylor on 09:29 - May 13 with 1481 viewsWickets

Jack Taylor on 09:25 - May 13 by NthQldITFC

Yup i think they do try and play in the same sort of way .
Jack Taylor on 09:30 - May 13 with 1487 viewshoppy

Jack Taylor on 09:25 - May 13 by NthQldITFC

Fergie probably played the video of our recent visit as his team talk… saying “just try and play like that”.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Jack Taylor on 17:46 - May 13 with 1350 viewsSkip_Intro

Jack Taylor on 23:17 - May 12 by Pique

Not sure we're as stacked as you might think. Love Morsy and Luongo, but both are in their thirties now (and there's no guarantee we even keep Luongo). Not sure Evans is Championship material. Camara - who knows? Ball is OK but a bit limited. Humphries will probably be loaned, El Mizouni may well be sold - neither ready for the Championship.

At least one more central midfielder incoming I reckon, maybe even two. And if McKenna likes Taylor that's good enough for me.

Agree 100% - especially with Luongo's injury record - think he would make a great foil for Morsy or back up for a new signing.
I'd ship Evans out as he isn't mobile enough for Kmac's system imo plus his injury record is poor.
Ball is decent cover but not a starter. Would like to see Humph get a loan at a good L1 club and play 30+ games. Camara is a wildcard but Kmac obviously sees a role for him and he had an excellent spell at Plymouth so am looking forward to seeing what he can do when fit.
Jack Taylor on 17:51 - May 13 with 1327 viewsbournemouthblue

Jack Taylor on 09:30 - May 13 by hoppy

Fergie probably played the video of our recent visit as his team talk… saying “just try and play like that”.

It could be like that lol

The forth goal was reminiscent of the overlapping attacks, we are all about

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jack Taylor on 17:52 - May 13 with 1329 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack Taylor on 21:55 - May 12 by ElderGrizzly

Posh’s finances will mean they sell whatever the outcome

Not so sure about that, especially if Ferguson stays. He really enjoys working with Ferguson and if they were to come up and Ferguson stays, I’d say our chances are next to zero.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Taylor on 18:06 - May 13 with 1292 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Taylor on 17:52 - May 13 by Kieran_Knows

Not so sure about that, especially if Ferguson stays. He really enjoys working with Ferguson and if they were to come up and Ferguson stays, I’d say our chances are next to zero.

He’s got one year left on deal and we can offer him 4 years on 5 figures a week - it would blow Posh out of the water and he’d be keen at pushing deal through - would push up asking price though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Taylor on 18:33 - May 13 with 1228 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack Taylor on 18:06 - May 13 by itfcjoe

He’s got one year left on deal and we can offer him 4 years on 5 figures a week - it would blow Posh out of the water and he’d be keen at pushing deal through - would push up asking price though

If he enjoys working with Ferguson as much as he does, and they get promoted, who’s to say he wouldn’t sign a new deal?

That said, does Darragh still stick everyone on the transfer list if they only have 1 year left on their deals?

Jack Taylor on 18:37 - May 13 with 1216 viewsBobsthename

Jack Taylor on 18:06 - May 13 by itfcjoe

Started already over pricing league one players he is not worth it paying that sort of wages might even get us a decent flair player why settle for second best.
Jack Taylor on 18:48 - May 13 with 1207 viewsVegtablue

Jack Taylor on 18:33 - May 13 by Kieran_Knows

If he enjoys working with Ferguson as much as he does, and they get promoted, who’s to say he wouldn’t sign a new deal?

That said, does Darragh still stick everyone on the transfer list if they only have 1 year left on their deals?

I think Ferguson's appointment has afforded Taylor the headspace to see out the season well, when otherwise he would have found the rejected bids harder to process. Did anyone notice the length of time he spoke with McKenna following FT at our place? My gut says he would love to join us regardless of how the playoffs go.
Jack Taylor on 19:35 - May 13 with 1122 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Taylor on 18:33 - May 13 by Kieran_Knows

Because we operate in a different stratosphere financially to them with our wage bill - plus her have to have a relegation kicker in there that is much more likely to happen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Taylor on 19:51 - May 13 with 1077 viewsMaySixth

Been anonymous against us twice this season.

We need better in the Championship IMO

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Jack Taylor on 20:19 - May 13 with 1052 viewsBigCommon

Jack Taylor on 19:51 - May 13 by MaySixth

Tbf, Morsy has dominated a lot of oppo midfield, this season. Moreso in a pair ,with Luongo, when we played at their place..
Thought Jack Taylor was a monster last night. Showed more than a glimpse of what hes capable of. And why hes been on our radar for a while now.
He's drawn a lot of attention 2nd half of their season. So he won't be short of offers from elsewhere, if he wants to leave Posh. Imo.
Tbh, though. After January window. I'm at the stage of just trusting KMs judgement on anyone we chase in the Summer window.
[Post edited 13 May 2023 22:06]
Jack Taylor on 21:33 - May 13 with 959 viewsPioneerBlue

Watching the Championship playoffs, I’m of the view that we could do with energy and younger legs in the midfield. Whether that is Taylor or another I’m not sure. Whether that’s a nailed on starter, it would probably have to be if we are in the business of improving the squad rather than accumulating squad players.
[Post edited 14 May 2023 7:07]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Jack Taylor on 07:23 - May 14 with 796 viewstextbackup

Jack Taylor on 21:35 - May 12 by Portman_Pie

Too light weight for the championship. There will be a noticeable difference in the stature of players in the championship next season in my opinion - and he’s not physical enough to bring in for me.

You understand that the higher up the leagues you go doesn’t automatically mean you need to be strong and more physical?

I mean that beast of a man phil foden seems ok in an even higher league.

Such an old skool lazy thing to say.

He’s got pace, with/without the ball, first time I’ve properly watched him Friday night, and he’s very decent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jack Taylor on 07:28 - May 14 with 789 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack Taylor on 19:51 - May 13 by MaySixth

That’s that then.

Jack Taylor on 09:05 - May 14 with 692 viewsMetal_Hacker

Jack Taylor on 07:23 - May 14 by textbackup

You understand that the higher up the leagues you go doesn’t automatically mean you need to be strong and more physical?

I mean that beast of a man phil foden seems ok in an even higher league.

Such an old skool lazy thing to say.

He’s got pace, with/without the ball, first time I’ve properly watched him Friday night, and he’s very decent

Same here Texters. First time watching him properly and really impressed. He’s work in a KMck team easy

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024