Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? 12:27 - Dec 16 with 3646 viewsIllinoisblue

Constitution Hill or Christchurch Park area, presumably?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:30 - Dec 16 with 3296 viewsJWN

Looks like the traffic-free section of Dale Hall Lane, between Constitution Hill and Henley Road. Just round the corner from Robson’s house.
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:31 - Dec 16 with 3288 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'd say that was at or near to the Park Road end entrance of Christchurch Park.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:34 - Dec 16 with 3266 viewsKieran_Knows

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:30 - Dec 16 by JWN

Looks like the traffic-free section of Dale Hall Lane, between Constitution Hill and Henley Road. Just round the corner from Robson’s house.

Yep, I thought exactly the same.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:36 - Dec 16 with 3246 viewsChurchman

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:31 - Dec 16 by gainsboroughblue

I think that’s exactly where it is. My grandparents lived in Kingsfield Avenue and I used to be dragged by their ghastly terrier through there.
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:38 - Dec 16 with 3230 viewsbournemouthblue

That was my gut feeling too, that would make a lot of sense

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:40 - Dec 16 with 3218 viewsle2blue

Yes, think you're right. I used to live around the corner and we'd regularly walk our dogs along valley road and bump into Bobby and have a chat.

Butcher used to live on Henley Road and we'd also see him around there as well, not walking Bobby's dogs as the tabloids would've had you believe back then.

Does anyone know what his dog was called? Hint it has something to do with Otley.
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:13 - Dec 16 with 3093 viewsDyland

Don't think so (too wide and can you make out pavements either side or am I imagining it?), nor Park Road. Looks like Constitution Hill to me.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:16 - Dec 16 with 3066 viewsDyland

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:40 - Dec 16 by le2blue

Yes, think you're right. I used to live around the corner and we'd regularly walk our dogs along valley road and bump into Bobby and have a chat.

Butcher used to live on Henley Road and we'd also see him around there as well, not walking Bobby's dogs as the tabloids would've had you believe back then.

Does anyone know what his dog was called? Hint it has something to do with Otley.

Don't say his dog was called White Hart? :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:16 - Dec 16 with 3058 viewsScuzzer

Yeah. That looks right.
My brother in law was a paperboy for constitution hill and Sir Bob was on his list.

Established 1968

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:21 - Dec 16 with 3019 viewsThe_Major

Yep, I'd say the lower part of DHL as well, just before the slight bend as it head towards Henley Road. Can't be Park Road, no lamp posts. Unfortunately there is no street view on that part of DHL, so can't check.
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:24 - Dec 16 with 2995 viewsITFC_Forever

I first thought thought the traffic-free part of DHL, but I think it might be Constitution Hill, at the top of the slope.

I used to deliver papers in that part of the world as well.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:30 - Dec 16 with 2934 viewsTrequartista

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:31 - Dec 16 by gainsboroughblue

I agree with this. The fence has probably been replaced with a newer fence and the wall probably not replaced so that would match properties in Park Road near the entrance with him walking east to west

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:32 - Dec 16 with 2929 viewsJWN

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:21 - Dec 16 by The_Major

Yep, I'd say the lower part of DHL as well, just before the slight bend as it head towards Henley Road. Can't be Park Road, no lamp posts. Unfortunately there is no street view on that part of DHL, so can't check.

It’s the Constitution Hill end of Dale Hall Lane. The telegraph pole and tree in the photo match Street View: https://maps.app.goo.gl/aMtE5FJv1AQLD9hT7?g_st=ic
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:39 - Dec 16 with 2896 viewsPhilTWTD

Seem to remember the dog was called Roger.
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:57 - Dec 16 with 2826 viewsle2blue

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:16 - Dec 16 by Dyland

Don't say his dog was called White Hart? :)

Ha! No, his dog was called Roger, named after Otley's most famous resident and FA Cup-winning goal scorer.
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 14:05 - Dec 16 with 2725 viewsitfcjoe

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:32 - Dec 16 by JWN

It’s the Constitution Hill end of Dale Hall Lane. The telegraph pole and tree in the photo match Street View: https://maps.app.goo.gl/aMtE5FJv1AQLD9hT7?g_st=ic

The tree looks exactly the same still, I'd have said bridle path but obviously incorrect

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 15:48 - Dec 16 with 2505 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:32 - Dec 16 by JWN

You’re right. I know the area well as my mum lives on the left hand side. The brick wall is still there

Poll: Our final position

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 16:58 - Dec 16 with 2377 viewsWeWereZombies

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:57 - Dec 16 by le2blue

Ha! No, his dog was called Roger, named after Otley's most famous resident and FA Cup-winning goal scorer.

Guess it is too late to suggest that the terrier was called 'Agricultural College'...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 17:22 - Dec 16 with 2290 viewsPhilTWTD

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 13:57 - Dec 16 by le2blue

And Roger, who wasn't overly impressed, named his dog Marty, the players' nickname for Sir Bobby, in response!
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 17:32 - Dec 16 with 2234 viewsle2blue

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 17:22 - Dec 16 by PhilTWTD

And Roger, who wasn't overly impressed, named his dog Marty, the players' nickname for Sir Bobby, in response!

Fantastic! Why Marty though?
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 17:43 - Dec 16 with 2196 viewsITFC_Forever

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 17:32 - Dec 16 by le2blue

Because he could travel through time?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 18:39 - Dec 16 with 2099 viewsbilllm

Deffo there, walked that way a lot from Congreve to town centre over the years,
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 18:46 - Dec 16 with 2071 viewsmrshallisfit

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 16:58 - Dec 16 by WeWereZombies

Guess it is too late to suggest that the terrier was called 'Agricultural College'...

Or Framsden.
Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 18:50 - Dec 16 with 2057 viewsPhilTWTD

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 17:32 - Dec 16 by le2blue

It was coined by Steve Stacey as Sir Bob apparently resembled Marty Feldman when he was giving them a post-match bøllocking.

Blues' First Black Player Stacey Publishes Autobiography 8th Oct 2019 12:49
Steve Stacey, Town’s first black player, has published his life story, The Colour of Football. 6

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 19:53 - Dec 16 with 1915 viewsazuremerlangus

Where in Ipswich was this photo taken? on 12:34 - Dec 16 by Kieran_Knows

Yep, I thought exactly the same.

Agree - a very long time since I gave walked through there. Probably early mid-80’s on my way to the fireworks in Christchurch park!

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024