Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. 10:31 - Sep 30 with 1866 viewsFrimleyBlue

Of course sides are marking him differently this season. That was always going to happen.. but he definitely is still 1 player who hasn't stepped up this season yet imo.

Mistakes have happened. Wrong decisions (corner flag or box sheff wed) silly freekicks etc and a hesitates tap and go like he did last year.

Jackson whilst he failed a bit at the back on Sunday. He was what we need from Burns going forwards and is exactly what Burns was last season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 10:44 - Sep 30 with 1798 viewshomer_123

Turn up? He never left...very difficult to be as effective as last year when you are doubled up against and in some instances three or four payers around him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 10:53 - Sep 30 with 1775 viewsclive_baker

If we're judging him by last seasons standards then he's not at the same level, but I think that would be a touch unfair. We're benefitting this season from having far more threat down the left so there's less reliance on Burns.

Despite that, he's still looked dangerous as is a massive asset for us. He was noticeably missed both at Plymouth and Burton. 1 goal and 2 assists in 7 games isn't too shabby a start.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 10:56 - Sep 30 with 1759 viewsKeno

Is Burns this seasons Gwion?

I'm asking for a friend

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:05 - Sep 30 with 1723 viewsBury_St_Edmundson

Biggest thing we missed was his partnership with "Donation" on the right.
I think it's very much under-appreciated just how good together they are.

This season, Donacien has been pretty rampant, mostly due to Burns pulling markers and also finding him nearly telepathically
He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:07 - Sep 30 with 1716 viewsGuthrum

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 10:53 - Sep 30 by clive_baker

If we're judging him by last seasons standards then he's not at the same level, but I think that would be a touch unfair. We're benefitting this season from having far more threat down the left so there's less reliance on Burns.

Despite that, he's still looked dangerous as is a massive asset for us. He was noticeably missed both at Plymouth and Burton. 1 goal and 2 assists in 7 games isn't too shabby a start.

Moreover, now we have other parts of the team functioning more effectively, Burns is obviously not going to stand out so much. He was the only player consistently able to put the ball in the net last season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:07 - Sep 30 with 1714 viewsringwoodblue

Even if he’s not playing as well as last season, Wes is still the best player we have in that position and we definitely need our best players to perform tomorrow.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:14 - Sep 30 with 1640 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Difference is this year we arent relying on Burns. Probably why his numbers arent as good but he still walks in pretty much every team in this league
He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:39 - Sep 30 with 1583 viewsRobTheMonk

Teams are more aware of him. What it has done is opened up shedloads of space for Davis on the left. Evans loves a crossfield ball to him.
Login to get fewer ads

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:46 - Sep 30 with 1553 viewsMetal_Hacker

Have to agree to a point . Last season ok he wasn't "managed" as well by the opposition and perhaps this season he is more so but when Wes does get the opportunity to beat his man he's not as explosive as he was last season.Lost a yard it seems maybe .On hos day last season he was immense but yet to hit those heights this season so far but I'm sure he'll deliver sooner rather than later

Still a great asset but tend to agree with Frimmers to a point - something not firing inside him
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 11:48]

Poll: If it were one or the other

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:56 - Sep 30 with 1502 viewsclive_baker

Didn't mean to downvote this btw, fat thumbs on phone.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 12:16 - Sep 30 with 1453 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 10:44 - Sep 30 by homer_123

Turn up? He never left...very difficult to be as effective as last year when you are doubled up against and in some instances three or four payers around him.

I covered that by acknowledging teams have set up against him differently as expected. But that doesn't mean he hasn't had any openings.

Waka waka eh eh

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 12:28 - Sep 30 with 1404 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He's not reached the highs of last season for various reasons others have mention, but it's OTT to say he hasn't turned up.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 14:48 - Sep 30 with 1188 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 11:39 - Sep 30 by RobTheMonk

Teams are more aware of him. What it has done is opened up shedloads of space for Davis on the left. Evans loves a crossfield ball to him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 15:33 - Sep 30 with 1144 viewsKropotkin123

Nonsense. Burns has been good going forward. He has two assists from 596mins, and Donacien has two assists too. Two assists is the most from any player, so that right-hand side is still producing a lot going forward. He scored one as well and runs so much compared to other positions, so I'm really not sure what you mean by not turning up.

We aren't playing in a way that is over reliant on him, and that is a good thing, but even with the balancing of the flanks, 42% of our play goes down the right, 32% down the left and 26% through the middle. It's a fallacy to suggest he hasn't turned up. On Whoscored he is rated our fourth best player and that is mainly focusing on measurable output, rather than subjective opinions.

Interestingly it also has Morsy and Evans as the top two players, who you were suggesting we drop.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 15:35]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 15:44 - Sep 30 with 1103 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 15:33 - Sep 30 by Kropotkin123

Nonsense. Burns has been good going forward. He has two assists from 596mins, and Donacien has two assists too. Two assists is the most from any player, so that right-hand side is still producing a lot going forward. He scored one as well and runs so much compared to other positions, so I'm really not sure what you mean by not turning up.

We aren't playing in a way that is over reliant on him, and that is a good thing, but even with the balancing of the flanks, 42% of our play goes down the right, 32% down the left and 26% through the middle. It's a fallacy to suggest he hasn't turned up. On Whoscored he is rated our fourth best player and that is mainly focusing on measurable output, rather than subjective opinions.

Interestingly it also has Morsy and Evans as the top two players, who you were suggesting we drop.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2022 15:35]

Good job this forum Is a place for opinions isn't it. 2 assists in my opinion Is very low considering his role. No different to how I feel it should be from the left. If you're happy with 2 assists, that's fine.

Not sure where ive said I'd drop both Morsy and Evans.
BTW. Personally I'd have Ball next to Evans and have Morsy further up. But again that's an opinion.

Waka waka eh eh

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 16:55 - Sep 30 with 1037 viewsKropotkin123

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 15:44 - Sep 30 by FrimleyBlue

Good job this forum Is a place for opinions isn't it. 2 assists in my opinion Is very low considering his role. No different to how I feel it should be from the left. If you're happy with 2 assists, that's fine.

Not sure where ive said I'd drop both Morsy and Evans.
BTW. Personally I'd have Ball next to Evans and have Morsy further up. But again that's an opinion.

It would help if those opinions were grounded in some sort of reality.

I'm happy with the two assists because it is a massive improvement on his output from last season. 1 in 298 mins compare to 1 in 498 mins. It is also the third best assist ratio in the team, behind Ladapo (1:280) and Leigh (1:219).

The team is more balanced as a result of less reliance on Burns, meaning we are doing much better across the whole of the pitch in goals and assists.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 19:24 - Sep 30 with 939 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 16:55 - Sep 30 by Kropotkin123

It would help if those opinions were grounded in some sort of reality.

I'm happy with the two assists because it is a massive improvement on his output from last season. 1 in 298 mins compare to 1 in 498 mins. It is also the third best assist ratio in the team, behind Ladapo (1:280) and Leigh (1:219).

The team is more balanced as a result of less reliance on Burns, meaning we are doing much better across the whole of the pitch in goals and assists.

The reality is that so far this season, he's been involved in some stuff which is the minimum you expect from the role, but had he shown more glimpses of last season's Burns in certain situations then he'd have even more of a contribution than he has so far imo. Far to many times he's had the opportunity to kick and go, he's not doing it - why?, he's had opportunities to whip certain balls in which he didn't think twice about last season, but is this season and stopping.. I want to see the fearless Burns on the flanks.

We have certain things going for us, IF we can get Burns firing like he was, then that helps us even more. Yes he's marked more, yes we're more balanced, but that doesn't mean he's not had the opportunities to do what he did alot of last season - that's what I want to see and what the team need to really push on, No different to Ladapo not scoring much.. he contributes so much with his hold up play, running etc.. IF he can get the goals aswell, then that's another help for the side for example.

The team goal thing is interesting actually as we had scored 19 goals after 10 games last season too, same as this season.

Waka waka eh eh

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 20:20 - Sep 30 with 906 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 19:24 - Sep 30 by FrimleyBlue

The reality is that so far this season, he's been involved in some stuff which is the minimum you expect from the role, but had he shown more glimpses of last season's Burns in certain situations then he'd have even more of a contribution than he has so far imo. Far to many times he's had the opportunity to kick and go, he's not doing it - why?, he's had opportunities to whip certain balls in which he didn't think twice about last season, but is this season and stopping.. I want to see the fearless Burns on the flanks.

We have certain things going for us, IF we can get Burns firing like he was, then that helps us even more. Yes he's marked more, yes we're more balanced, but that doesn't mean he's not had the opportunities to do what he did alot of last season - that's what I want to see and what the team need to really push on, No different to Ladapo not scoring much.. he contributes so much with his hold up play, running etc.. IF he can get the goals aswell, then that's another help for the side for example.

The team goal thing is interesting actually as we had scored 19 goals after 10 games last season too, same as this season.

People have said why. Do you just start threads for attention or are you interested in what anyone else has to say?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 20:25 - Sep 30 with 903 viewsNthQldITFC

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 14:48 - Sep 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I say, do you mind not using that gif?

Fella looks a bit like my ex-missus, although she didn't have such a big beard. At least, not there.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 21:14 - Sep 30 with 875 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 20:20 - Sep 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

People have said why. Do you just start threads for attention or are you interested in what anyone else has to say?

Well they haven't have they, they agreed with my OP that he is sometimes marked more based on what he did last season.

He however does still get opportunities to get at fullbacks without a covering defender but isn't trying to get past them as much as he did last year... no, no one has given the answer, do you just reply to threads for attention or do you actually read what people write.

Waka waka eh eh

He's had a rest. Now it's time for Burns to turn up. on 10:38 - Oct 1 with 688 viewsDavoIPB

He wasn't actually that consistent last year. Often balls into box were poor and quite often had games where he didn't beat his marker. However he also produced many moments of quality.

Difference this year is he doesn't stand out as whole team has improved. He is still way better than Jackson in that position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024