Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? 08:00 - Aug 16 with 2032 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think he has, his story here is one of over coming adversity, written off by Lambo, loan after loan and looking for all the world like he would be out the door only to go and survive the demolition man cull become one of the 1st names on the team sheet.

Donafu will no doubt appear on the back of fans shirts before to long.

Is he the first cult player at ITFC since Tarrico?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:07 - Aug 16 with 1683 viewsSwailsey

I love him so much. Favourite player since Colin Healy.

But genuinely a great story, excellent player, clearly a superb attitude.

When he finally scores the place will go mental.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:11 - Aug 16 with 1661 viewsJakeITFC

He’s been absolutely brilliant for us in the last year and a bit, but I still find it astonishing that he didn’t get a permanent move away in the previous few seasons.

Was genuinely in worst signings ever territory at one point (due to circumstance, nothing to do with him) but now looks like good value for whatever we paid.
Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:33 - Aug 16 with 1560 viewsHipsterectomy

Can't remember the last time a player has changed opinion so much. Maybe Murphy when we signed him on loan initially and most were underwhelmed and saw Healy as the better of the two. Compared to the player who left us for Newcastle who could almost score when he wanted.

I always remember the 2-1 Wimbledon game and it was a really, really poor performance from JD. If you watch their goal back, his positioning as a RB is almost in the LCB position. Would never have imagined after that game he'd be the player he is now.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:34 - Aug 16 with 1557 viewsPioneerBlue

Absolute Don.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:35 - Aug 16 with 1556 viewsDyland

Since Hermann Hreiðarsson maybe?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:40 - Aug 16 with 1522 viewsNthQldITFC

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:07 - Aug 16 by Swailsey

I love him so much. Favourite player since Colin Healy.

But genuinely a great story, excellent player, clearly a superb attitude.

When he finally scores the place will go mental.

I hadn't realised that he had never scored for us, and has only scored one goal (for Accrington).

JD is magnificent. You can be a cult player without being magnificent. JD is a cult player and magnificent.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:44 - Aug 16 with 1473 viewsHighgateBlue

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:35 - Aug 16 by Dyland

Since Hermann Hreiðarsson maybe?

Surely Kuqi had cult status?

But yes, taking nothing away from JD or any of the others mentioned.

JD has been absolutely immense in this system. If the partnerships down the left can build in a similar way then this will be a hell of a system, and it may genuinely be that we don't need to worry about goals from a number 9!

It was always fun and funny when Titus Bramble went on a marauding run. Partly because he looked slightly ungainly. Like a tailend batsman hitting the odd six. But JD has shown he can properly bat! Going forward and creating those two goals at the weekend - he's a proper attacking player and so much more besides. I'd be baffled if we played another side in league one and saw a supposed centre back doing things like that on repeat...

Oh, and we don't concede either, but that's almost becoming a given (touch wood).
Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:45 - Aug 16 with 1465 viewsDyland

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:44 - Aug 16 by HighgateBlue

JD has been absolutely immense in this system. If the partnerships down the left can build in a similar way then this will be a hell of a system, and it may genuinely be that we don't need to worry about goals from a number 9!

It was always fun and funny when Titus Bramble went on a marauding run. Partly because he looked slightly ungainly. Like a tailend batsman hitting the odd six. But JD has shown he can properly bat! Going forward and creating those two goals at the weekend - he's a proper attacking player and so much more besides. I'd be baffled if we played another side in league one and saw a supposed centre back doing things like that on repeat...

Oh, and we don't concede either, but that's almost becoming a given (touch wood).

True dat re Shefki. Hell, we can probably throw in Pabbers too :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:07 - Aug 16 with 1361 viewsDarth_Koont

Certainly, my favourite player in the current match squad. With Humphreys still my glimpse of the future ...

JD is just so solid and delivers throughout 90+ minutes. The assists on Saturday were the icing on the cake. But the cake itself doesn’t even need it. I love his overall energy, attitude and enthusiasm – he also looks like he’s having a lot of fun too.

And on a side note re: Saturday, how annoying must it have been for Lewington to have done an overall OK job at marshaling the pace and directness of Burns that stick out at this level? Only to have Donacien breeze past him and take him out of the game completely before setting up Burns on the inside? Great stuff from any player, let alone our RCB.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:11 - Aug 16 with 1337 viewsKeno

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:07 - Aug 16 by Darth_Koont

Certainly, my favourite player in the current match squad. With Humphreys still my glimpse of the future ...

JD is just so solid and delivers throughout 90+ minutes. The assists on Saturday were the icing on the cake. But the cake itself doesn’t even need it. I love his overall energy, attitude and enthusiasm – he also looks like he’s having a lot of fun too.

And on a side note re: Saturday, how annoying must it have been for Lewington to have done an overall OK job at marshaling the pace and directness of Burns that stick out at this level? Only to have Donacien breeze past him and take him out of the game completely before setting up Burns on the inside? Great stuff from any player, let alone our RCB.

and all that after just 4 minutes

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:13 - Aug 16 with 1320 viewsNthQldITFC

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:34 - Aug 16 by PioneerBlue

Absolute Don.

The Don.

Don Acien.

The Godfather of Smooth.

Magnificent.

Don Magnif-Acien-Té
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 9:31]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 1292 viewsGuthrum

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:07 - Aug 16 by Darth_Koont

That's the massive strength of this setup. We're playing, effectively, two-and-a-half CBs and one-and-a-half RWBs. A bit like Mings plus Hunt/Tabb in 2014-15, the overload means the ball will almost always get through to dangerous areas for the opposition, at a speed which leaves them scrambling or having to sit back in anticipation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:22 - Aug 16 with 1240 viewssuffolkpoker

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:44 - Aug 16 by HighgateBlue

oh yes Kuqi and Pablo had cult status for me, it could be my age and era though.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:23 - Aug 16 with 1239 viewsBondiBlue

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:33 - Aug 16 by Hipsterectomy

Can't remember the last time a player has changed opinion so much. Maybe Murphy when we signed him on loan initially and most were underwhelmed and saw Healy as the better of the two. Compared to the player who left us for Newcastle who could almost score when he wanted.

I always remember the 2-1 Wimbledon game and it was a really, really poor performance from JD. If you watch their goal back, his positioning as a RB is almost in the LCB position. Would never have imagined after that game he'd be the player he is now.

Not sure about that. I thought he was decent in the championship as hurst's right-back. Certainly made the step-up better than anyone else in that team. Feels like we've known he's good enough for a while and have just been waiting for a manager who realises it too.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:29 - Aug 16 with 1205 viewsDarth_Koont

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:11 - Aug 16 by Keno

and all that after just 4 minutes

Sure. Over the game Lewington kept Burns pretty quiet or at least forced him to run wide. I think JD’s decision to push the ball past and run on to it took Lewington completely by surprise. And took him out of the game too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:33 - Aug 16 with 1194 viewsKeno

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:29 - Aug 16 by Darth_Koont

Sure. Over the game Lewington kept Burns pretty quiet or at least forced him to run wide. I think JD’s decision to push the ball past and run on to it took Lewington completely by surprise. And took him out of the game too.

You kinda had to feel a bit sorry for Lewy.

He had those to contend with with and then just when he thinking 'just half to go' on comes Edwards, Alike and John Jules.

Donacien has been awesome now for 18mths and long may it continue!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

[Redacted] on 09:38 - Aug 16 with 1161 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The latest excellent KOA podcast has some emotive discussion of JD's journey... on 09:40 - Aug 16 with 1158 viewsunstableblue

... and how he has remained dignified and a good guy throughout

He was outstanding against MK

The Chaplin, Burns and Donacien chemistry is really bubbling

And whilst there is less of a pivot that side, I expect Edmundson, Leif and Harness to get something going on the other side

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:40 - Aug 16 with 1154 viewsBlueBadger

[Redacted] on 09:38 - Aug 16 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Come on now, he was definitely viewed as a massive cult by the time he left.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:48 - Aug 16 with 1110 viewsstringy

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:40 - Aug 16 by NthQldITFC

I hadn't realised that he had never scored for us, and has only scored one goal (for Accrington).

JD is magnificent. You can be a cult player without being magnificent. JD is a cult player and magnificent.

I want to be there the day he scores (tonight???)
Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 10:10 - Aug 16 with 1039 viewsSamWhiteUK

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:23 - Aug 16 by BondiBlue

Not sure about that. I thought he was decent in the championship as hurst's right-back. Certainly made the step-up better than anyone else in that team. Feels like we've known he's good enough for a while and have just been waiting for a manager who realises it too.

I've never disliked Donacien or thought he wasn't good enough. He got a lot of stick when he put in perfectly fine performances, and I don't think it was justified.

However, he is so much better now!
Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 10:15 - Aug 16 with 1005 viewsspringfield

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 09:22 - Aug 16 by suffolkpoker

oh yes Kuqi and Pablo had cult status for me, it could be my age and era though.

Reuser.....
Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 12:53 - Aug 16 with 783 viewshoppy

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 08:45 - Aug 16 by Dyland

True dat re Shefki. Hell, we can probably throw in Pabbers too :)

Interesting point, but which of the two would you throw in first?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The latest excellent KOA podcast has some emotive discussion of JD's journey... on 13:13 - Aug 16 with 734 viewsHipsterectomy

The latest excellent KOA podcast has some emotive discussion of JD's journey... on 09:40 - Aug 16 by unstableblue

... and how he has remained dignified and a good guy throughout

He was outstanding against MK

The Chaplin, Burns and Donacien chemistry is really bubbling

And whilst there is less of a pivot that side, I expect Edmundson, Leif and Harness to get something going on the other side

They said that Town did everything possible to cancel his loan and agreed future transer. I'm guessing Lambert insisted!

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Has JD reached official cult status for Town Fans? on 13:13 - Aug 16 with 730 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Kuqi, Pablo and Bullard have been mentioned.

There are others:

Ivan Campo definitely had cult status.

GIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Full-blown devotion from ALL Town fans at the time. Of the other flair-player loanees, Fraser, Williams, Lawrence and Celina, Bersant probably comes closest.

Probably Bart.

Anyone who has a chant about us dreaming of a whole team of them has to be close, so the Kiwi Tommy Smith.

Marcus Stewart is post-Taricco, too, and there's no question that he qualifies.

For a period, Luke Chambers and his fist-pumps, and, if not Mick Mac, then certainly TC had a cult status. Otherwise "Oh David McGoldrick" and Murphy are closest to universal acclaim, but it was Stephen Hunt who I always loved the most: he gave everything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024