Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big question... 13:41 - Jul 8 with 1818 viewsSitfcB

BBC or ITV on Sunday?

There’s only one correct answer obviously and that’s the BBC.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The big question... on 13:42 - Jul 8 with 1561 viewschicoazul

Depends on the Ally McCoist factor. I also absolutely love Ian Wright. Then again, Keane. It’s a tough one.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The big question... on 13:45 - Jul 8 with 1535 viewsclive_baker

It’s not really a question. There’s a very easy way to avoid Matterface and adverts. Sorry Wrighty, but it’s a no brainer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The big question... on 13:46 - Jul 8 with 1517 viewsfooters

Sh1t or chocolate? It's a tough one!

As a proud licence fee payer, I shall be patriotic and watch the national broadcaster, thank you very much.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The big question... on 13:46 - Jul 8 with 1527 viewsChondzoresk

BBC for me. After that commentator last night.... what's his name...Matterface? on ITV, that's enough for me. Truly dreadful.
The big question... on 14:38 - Jul 8 with 1386 viewsRyorry

Some people don't want to pay the licence fee of £159 annually apparently.

I'm more than happy to personally - fantastic value for money considering the huge range & impressive quality of viewing & listening on offer, from Line Of Duty to the Proms via Blue Planet, Test Match Special & everything else in-between 👍

Poll: Time of the annunciation

The big question... on 14:41 - Jul 8 with 1368 viewsSwansea_Blue

BBC, no brainer. Better commentators, no adverts and they have a sound engineer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The big question... on 14:41 - Jul 8 with 1368 viewsKeno

Isnt Love Island only on ITV?

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The big question... on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 1355 viewsRyorry

The big question... on 13:46 - Jul 8 by Chondzoresk

BBC for me. After that commentator last night.... what's his name...Matterface? on ITV, that's enough for me. Truly dreadful.

I listened to R5l with the TV sound muted. As well as better comm, it had the added advantages of being approx 6 seconds ahead of the TV pics, which both took a helluva lot of stress out of the situation for me & allowed me to make cuppas without pouring boiling water over myself!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

The big question... on 14:44 - Jul 8 with 1343 viewsfooters

The big question... on 14:41 - Jul 8 by Keno

Isnt Love Island only on ITV?

You're on it, aren't you?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The big question... on 14:44 - Jul 8 with 1346 viewsKeno

The big question... on 14:44 - Jul 8 by footers

You're on it, aren't you?

yes, I'm the blonde one

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The big question... on 15:17 - Jul 8 with 1263 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I am a big fan of Lineker and Keane so its difficult, however ITV I think.

Not that it really matters as I will of course not be at home and have booked the local again for my usual table where you cannot hear a damn thing and I would not have it any other way.
The big question... on 15:22 - Jul 8 with 1218 viewsWallingford_Boy

ITV have the pundits, but thats it.

No contest.

RIP Sir Bobby

The big question... on 15:22 - Jul 8 with 1228 viewswkj

I do love me some BBC, so I will be getting my fill on Sunday.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The big question... on 15:23 - Jul 8 with 1221 viewsitfcjoe

I might do ITV for the build up and then BBC for the game

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The big question... on 15:35 - Jul 8 with 1176 viewshadleighboyblue

The big question... on 15:23 - Jul 8 by itfcjoe

I might do ITV for the build up and then BBC for the game

BBC as long as it's not Jonathan Pearce doing the commentary
The big question... on 15:36 - Jul 8 with 1170 viewsjeera

Something actually worthy of a referendum.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The big question... on 15:39 - Jul 8 with 1162 viewsTractor_Buck

Hmm...Guy and Jermaine telling us what's happening on the pitch or the possibility of Sam Bloody Matterface Will You Please Shut Up as he became known in our house last night spouting the contents of the Rothmans Yearbook and trying so hard to be neutral he ends up sounding like he supports the other team instead...

BBC, obviously.
The big question... on 15:42 - Jul 8 with 1146 viewsHARRY10

The big question... on 13:46 - Jul 8 by Chondzoresk

The man was a cretin.... banal, idiotic comment with nothing to say beyond the blindingly obvious

"England have the ball and will be looking to score at some point "

I appreciate the game was being shown in the UK, but a bit more of an even commentary would not have gone amiss
The big question... on 15:44 - Jul 8 with 1129 viewsFixed_It

The big question... on 15:39 - Jul 8 by Tractor_Buck

Hmm...Guy and Jermaine telling us what's happening on the pitch or the possibility of Sam Bloody Matterface Will You Please Shut Up as he became known in our house last night spouting the contents of the Rothmans Yearbook and trying so hard to be neutral he ends up sounding like he supports the other team instead...

BBC, obviously.

Matterface who last night said that Denmark were a member of staff down. WTF!
BBC hands down.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The big question... on 15:48 - Jul 8 with 1099 viewsWD19

The big question... on 15:44 - Jul 8 by Fixed_It

Matterface who last night said that Denmark were a member of staff down. WTF!
BBC hands down.

"they are temporarily down to 9.......oh....erm.....well 9 outfield players"
The big question... on 16:19 - Jul 8 with 999 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm pretty sure Matterface used to be married to Natalie Sawyer, and was also a presenter on SSN - if ever there was someone with a face for behind the camera, it was him. Lord knows how he even got a date with Ms Sawyer.

He's a dreadful commentator - falls into the Peter Drury trap of trying to say something profound every single sentence that he looks like an idiot.

Went through a elongated waffle about how well the Danes had done, but now their supporters would be returning to Aarhus, Odense, Copenhagen etc - forgetting that he had been at great pains to point out no Danes were allowed to travel and that the fans in the stadium were working and studying in the UK, and had been sent Danish shirts etc by their FA to cheer the team on.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The big question... on 18:38 - Jul 8 with 844 viewsSitfcB

The big question... on 16:19 - Jul 8 by ITFC_Forever

I'm pretty sure Matterface used to be married to Natalie Sawyer, and was also a presenter on SSN - if ever there was someone with a face for behind the camera, it was him. Lord knows how he even got a date with Ms Sawyer.

He's a dreadful commentator - falls into the Peter Drury trap of trying to say something profound every single sentence that he looks like an idiot.

Went through a elongated waffle about how well the Danes had done, but now their supporters would be returning to Aarhus, Odense, Copenhagen etc - forgetting that he had been at great pains to point out no Danes were allowed to travel and that the fans in the stadium were working and studying in the UK, and had been sent Danish shirts etc by their FA to cheer the team on.

Yeah he was, they’ve got a child together. He was definitely punching.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The big question... on 18:52 - Jul 8 with 812 viewsMerseyBlue

Sawyer is with Jonathan Douglas these days. I know she's a Brentford fan but surely you've got to set your standards higher than that waste of space. She's easy on the eye (in fact I believe she was a soccerette on Soccer AM back in t'day) but like Matterface has very little insight and I can't be listening to her.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

The big question... on 19:02 - Jul 8 with 772 viewsSuperblue95

The big question... on 18:38 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

Yeah he was, they’ve got a child together. He was definitely punching.

She obviously likes being the good looking one in a relationship given she’s now with Dougie

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The big question... on 19:13 - Jul 8 with 740 views44_not_out

The tedious comparison with being on a flight at the beginning of the match was enough for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024