Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” 21:56 - Feb 16 with 2527 viewspointofblue

Lambert having a shot at Evans?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2475 viewsScuzzer

Absolutely

Established 1968

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2439 viewsHereford_Blue

Undoubtedly I think, having listened to that.

He alluded to similar when he was first here and the mood was better, but interesting to see him peddling it out again now the wheels have well and truly come off.
“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2433 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just said the same on another thread

Hoping he’s just written his own P45

Poll: If it were one or the other

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:58 - Feb 16 with 2406 viewsWD19

We hired an incompetent and left him in the role too long!?

Not sure ‘everyone at the club’ needs to carry that one on their conscience.
“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:58 - Feb 16 with 2373 viewsDeano69

That will be his final shot I suspect.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:59 - Feb 16 with 2244 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:58 - Feb 16 by Deano69

That will be his final shot I suspect.

Not wrong though. Possibly the only thing he has got right

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:00 - Feb 16 with 2182 viewspointofblue

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 21:58 - Feb 16 by WD19

We hired an incompetent and left him in the role too long!?

Not sure ‘everyone at the club’ needs to carry that one on their conscience.

Evans has allowed him to build a squad which should be more than competitive at this level.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:00 - Feb 16 with 2126 viewsCoco

but this squad should be doing better. He has failed.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:02 - Feb 16 with 2016 viewsElderGrizzly

Saying don’t blame him for previous 10 years.

No-one is. The last 18 months is bad enough
“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:03 - Feb 16 with 1966 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Mick McCarthy done an unbelievable job" sounds very like a pop at ME.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:03 - Feb 16 with 1967 viewsbrazil1981

Almost felt like he was goading Evans...just pay me off now!
“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:05 - Feb 16 with 1795 viewsJ2BLUE

If there's one person who can't really attack Evans it's Lambert.

He's in self preservation mode.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:06 - Feb 16 with 1731 viewsJakeITFC

Like Hurst, like McCarthy, like Keane (possibly Jewell, I don’t remember)
“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:10 - Feb 16 with 1568 viewsChrisd

This is one good thing that might come out of all this mess. If PL is going down, he’s going to take a few with him. Perhaps a few home truths will be aired that ME has been able to hide behind.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:13 - Feb 16 with 1414 viewschicoazul

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:10 - Feb 16 by Chrisd

This is one good thing that might come out of all this mess. If PL is going down, he’s going to take a few with him. Perhaps a few home truths will be aired that ME has been able to hide behind.

Evans has backed every manager he has had. He’s back Lameberk massively.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:13 - Feb 16 with 1398 viewsBluedanW

All very contradictory, he said 'you can't blame Marcus Evans because he has done a great job investing in the club'

Then said 'there is something wrong with the club and has been for years'

Which surely is ultimately down to the owner.
Only decent thing he's said in months.

But why he needs to mention this really even if it is true.
He has a squad which should be good enough, however he cant get them to play for him. The current team plus the loanees should be able to create more than 1 shot on target against Northampton Town.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 22:14]
“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:27 - Feb 16 with 1156 viewsSteve_M

He's right though. Lambert may have failed here utterly but the club is a mess, McCarthy patched over that but it's been run down by Evans.

Now fans can deal with that or bury your heads in the sand and think all will be great once Lambert goes like people did when Mick left.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:30 - Feb 16 with 1083 viewsJ2BLUE

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:27 - Feb 16 by Steve_M

He's right though. Lambert may have failed here utterly but the club is a mess, McCarthy patched over that but it's been run down by Evans.

Now fans can deal with that or bury your heads in the sand and think all will be great once Lambert goes like people did when Mick left.

We need Evans to have a massive change of heart and strategy or we need him to sell. Both look extremely unlikely so I suspect we'll go on as we are. Hopefully we will have enough to get back to the Championship though. It really should be a minimum target.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:37 - Feb 16 with 1013 viewsRyorry

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:27 - Feb 16 by Steve_M

I don't think the majority of fans on here have ever "buried (their) heads in the sand and thought all will be great" once any manager's gone during ME's reign have they?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:45 - Feb 16 with 948 viewsRadlett_blue

Bit of a change from "Marcus has been brilliant".
Marcus also allowed you to bring in a raft of loan players, none of whom you seem to have any idea of integrating into a team.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:50 - Feb 16 with 866 viewsjayessess

It's buck passing rubbish. Lambert's been here since January 2019. At any time he could have spoken up about these deeper problems he's apparently just identified, about the alleged "help" the club needs. In January 2020 the owner was apparently so desperate to keep him at the club that he put himself on the hook for at least 2 years salary, possibly 5.

The owner is clearly negligent, clearly incompetent. But the manager is the only person in the club in a position to do anything about it. If he thinks we need a proper Director of Football, improvements in the medical department, more recruitment expertise or even just a bigger playing budget, he could have bloody said so. He could have demanded it, made his contract extension dependent on it.

Didn't do any of it. Just shut his mouth, took the money. Even now, he could just resign without his pay off, if the future of the club was so damn important to him.

He's full of it.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:52 - Feb 16 with 839 viewsmonty_radio

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:30 - Feb 16 by J2BLUE

We need Evans to have a massive change of heart and strategy or we need him to sell. Both look extremely unlikely so I suspect we'll go on as we are. Hopefully we will have enough to get back to the Championship though. It really should be a minimum target.

And if it were to happen, though Pearson, if a feasible proposition, would probably be the best choice to try to salvage this season, the Cowleys would be better at diplomatically working within Evan's limits while still trying to coax a better whole-club dynamic. I think they'd offer a decent prospect for a holistic approach to our deep-seated problems.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Why doesn’t he take the blame? on 22:57 - Feb 16 with 795 viewsunstableblue

Tonight and this season and coaching and mgmt issue. That is the main factor.

Yes Marcus has wrecked the club, culture and structure. Again, no board, no CEO, no footballing director.

But Lambert has a good academy and a funded squad, they have to do better.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 23:02 - Feb 16 with 769 viewsMrTown

He’s done this all before. When things get drastic he throws a grenade in the other direction as distraction tactic.

Most importantly - what he has to his disposal is a good squad at this level, he is getting no more than relegation form out of them - 3 years he has been here.

The worst coached side I have seen in my lifetime as a Town fan.

By lord we need a rebuild - Cowleys have track record of that - get them in now - asses their resources going into the summer - expiring contracts will allow for a rebuild.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 07:21 - Feb 17 with 594 viewsSteve_M

“Everybody at the club should look at themselves at what has happened...” on 22:37 - Feb 16 by Ryorry

I don't think the majority of fans on here have ever "buried (their) heads in the sand and thought all will be great" once any manager's gone during ME's reign have they?

I didn't say the majority did but many did do so. The fawning reaction of some to the Evans 'interview' was telling.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024