Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Effective protesting? 07:38 - Mar 5 with 4678 viewsPendejo

Option 1
Everyone leaves on 85th minute

Option 2
Everyone stays to the end but turns their backs to the pitch at the final whistle until the players are off the pitch, give it one big round of "come on you blues" then leave

Red Bull anyone?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Effective protesting? on 08:05 - Mar 5 with 3185 viewsBluefish

Can't we just sing Lambert is a **** for 2 hours?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Effective protesting? on 08:07 - Mar 5 with 3180 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Effective protesting? on 08:05 - Mar 5 by Bluefish

He's not though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Effective protesting? on 08:09 - Mar 5 with 3171 viewsBluefish

Effective protesting? on 08:07 - Mar 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's not though.

He is

Paul Lambert is a **** is a ****
Paul Lambert is a ****
He loves norwich

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Effective protesting? on 08:10 - Mar 5 with 3164 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Effective protesting? on 08:09 - Mar 5 by Bluefish

He is

Paul Lambert is a **** is a ****
Paul Lambert is a ****
He loves norwich

#bekind

.....that didn't last long did it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Effective protesting? on 08:33 - Mar 5 with 3131 viewsElephantintheRoom

Option 3 - and the one that tens of thousands of Town fans have been advocating for some time. .... Don't go.

If the ground was completely empty for just a few weeks Evans would be gone.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Effective protesting? on 08:35 - Mar 5 with 3118 viewsSwansea_Blue

Option 1 has been happening for quite a while. It’s almost getting to the point where it’s better to stay to the end to avoid the traffic!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Effective protesting? on 09:27 - Mar 5 with 3067 viewsOxford_Blue

He isn’t and he’s only ever shown respect to the club and fans. He’s tried hard on the pitch and it’s not working.

It would be great if fans like you could also show class and dignity in criticising him.
Effective protesting? on 09:28 - Mar 5 with 3057 viewsOxford_Blue

Effective protesting? on 08:33 - Mar 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Option 3 - and the one that tens of thousands of Town fans have been advocating for some time. .... Don't go.

When you say Evans “would be gone” what do you mean?

He owns the club so unless he finds a buyer he can’t go anywhere.

It’s not the most attractive of propositions to buy a club where the fans are at war with it.
Login to get fewer ads

Effective protesting? on 09:32 - Mar 5 with 3050 viewsBloomBlue

But I have to catch my train and I never leave until the final whistle which means option2 but i would have to walk down the stairs backwards which could be dangerous
Effective protesting? on 09:35 - Mar 5 with 3040 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anything that shows the footballing world that we

a) Have had enough with Evans
b) Are still there supporting the club and getting behind the players gets my vote

I don't see how leaving at any point during the match helps. How effective is leaving on 85 mins if we've equalised in the 80th minute and are pushing for a winner?

The same with not getting in your seats until the 5th minute. It doesn't help the players and tells the owner we will what? Not turn up if things continue. That's pretty obvious the worse it gets the more people won't go.

I'd rather people got behind the team for 90 minutes, to a ridiculous level. Constant singing, constant noise and then protested for 10 minutes after the match at Evans regardless of whether we've won or lost.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Effective protesting? on 09:38 - Mar 5 with 3028 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

How does hurting the club help?

If nobody goes then, putting aside the fact season ticket money is already counted for, we lose 3,000 off the gate at say £20 each. That's £60,000.

If nobody bought a season ticket the club would lose millions and therefore Evans would have to cut the squad down to that of a lower League One / top end League Two club.

Who does that help?

Giving Evans more reason to decimate the club is not helpful.

Effective protesting? on 09:42 - Mar 5 with 3021 viewsuefacup81

Effective protesting? on 09:28 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

It’s not the most attractive of propositions to buy a club where the fans are at war with it.

Precisely.

In that scenario the most likely option is that Evans says ‘f*ck the lot of you then’, sticks the club into admin and walks away (probably after having realised the value of any saleable assets).

Evans would be gone, but we’d be f*cked.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Effective protesting? on 09:46 - Mar 5 with 3007 viewsOxford_Blue

Effective protesting? on 09:42 - Mar 5 by uefacup81

Precisely.

In that scenario the most likely option is that Evans says ‘f*ck the lot of you then’, sticks the club into admin and walks away (probably after having realised the value of any saleable assets).

Evans would be gone, but we’d be f*cked.

Yes. Another example of the wise Ipswich supporter base calling for steps that damage the club. Hounding out MM for playing a style of football that kept us as mid table Championship side was amongst their crowning glories.

Forcing the owner to abandon funding so that the club goes into administration and may be relegated again would also be up there.
Effective protesting? on 09:52 - Mar 5 with 2992 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Effective protesting? on 09:46 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Yes. Another example of the wise Ipswich supporter base calling for steps that damage the club. Hounding out MM for playing a style of football that kept us as mid table Championship side was amongst their crowning glories.

Forcing the owner to abandon funding so that the club goes into administration and may be relegated again would also be up there.

What rubbish.

Did Blackpool cease to be? Did Charlton? Coventry?

The only clubs that go out of business are when they have owners who simply cannot fund them. Evans can and does fund us.

If he decided to just walk away, I assume legally he would still be responsible for paying up the players wages, staff wages, running costs etc. He's hardly going to be made bankrupt and the club ceases to be.

He will either stay and fund it or write off the debts and try and get £5m or £10m from it on the basis he gets a % of revenue if we get back up the divisions.

Bury went out of business because their owner could not pay. Evans empire is worth £800m and he wouldn't have to pay the debt to himself. He'd be on the hook for about £6m, which he'd legally have to pay as the owner.

Worst case is players all end up leaving and we end up with a League Two squad, being covered by the natural revenue of the club.

Evans can't and won't just turn off the lights. Look at how much the FA and EFL initially tried to help the likes of Bury. Evan if the guy wanted to commit business suicide by destroying his reputation he wouldn't be allowed to deliberately destroy the club.

People need to get a grip of reality. This is like Brexit again. People being scared into action or inaction through fiction.

So we should all be lovely to the bloke who is destroying our club through poor management in case he takes his ball away?

Effective protesting? on 09:54 - Mar 5 with 2986 viewsuefacup81

Effective protesting? on 09:52 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What rubbish.

The only clubs that go out of business are when they have owners who simply cannot fund them. Evans can and does fund us.

If he decided to just walk away, I assume legally he would still be responsible for paying up the players wages, staff wages, running costs etc. He's hardly going to be made bankrupt and the club ceases to be.

He will either stay and fund it or write off the debts and try and get £5m or £10m from it on the basis he gets a % of revenue if we get back up the divisions.

Bury went out of business because their owner could not pay. Evans empire is worth £800m and he wouldn't have to pay the debt to himself. He'd be on the hook for about £6m, which he'd legally have to pay as the owner.

Worst case is players all end up leaving and we end up with a League Two squad, being covered by the natural revenue of the club.

Evans can't and won't just turn off the lights. Look at how much the FA and EFL initially tried to help the likes of Bury. Evan if the guy wanted to commit business suicide by destroying his reputation he wouldn't be allowed to deliberately destroy the club.

People need to get a grip of reality. This is like Brexit again. People being scared into action or inaction through fiction.

So we should all be lovely to the bloke who is destroying our club through poor management in case he takes his ball away?

Evans has no legal obligation to pay anyone. That responsibility rests solely with ITFC Ltd. If ME stops putting in the money he does in order to keep the club afloat, then wages will stop getting paid pretty promptly.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Effective protesting? on 09:59 - Mar 5 with 2971 viewsOxford_Blue

Effective protesting? on 09:52 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

What rubbish.

You assume wrongly.

Evans has no personal liability.

It’s his company which owns 87.5% of the club, and that company is liable for the company’s debts and liabilities. Except if it has no money or assets it’s not worth pursuing. Hence why the club would go into administration. The consequences of that would be an immediate point deduction that would destroy any chance of promotion, and therefore deter any buyer; a fire sale of the remaining good young players like Downes etc. Assuming it was able to come out of administration, the club would then have to operate within its means on gates of 10-12,000, which would make it harder and harder to get promoted and we would need to sell any half decent young player just to balance the books - like under Sheepshanks.
Effective protesting? on 10:00 - Mar 5 with 2964 viewsOxford_Blue

Effective protesting? on 09:54 - Mar 5 by uefacup81

Evans has no legal obligation to pay anyone. That responsibility rests solely with ITFC Ltd. If ME stops putting in the money he does in order to keep the club afloat, then wages will stop getting paid pretty promptly.

Yes.

The naivety or lack of understanding of some people about how business works is remarkable.
Effective protesting? on 10:01 - Mar 5 with 2958 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Effective protesting? on 09:59 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

You assume wrongly.

Evans has no personal liability.

It’s his company which owns 87.5% of the club, and that company is liable for the company’s debts and liabilities. Except if it has no money or assets it’s not worth pursuing. Hence why the club would go into administration. The consequences of that would be an immediate point deduction that would destroy any chance of promotion, and therefore deter any buyer; a fire sale of the remaining good young players like Downes etc. Assuming it was able to come out of administration, the club would then have to operate within its means on gates of 10-12,000, which would make it harder and harder to get promoted and we would need to sell any half decent young player just to balance the books - like under Sheepshanks.

Evans company then.

Which has more than enough money to pay its obligations.

You can't just decide to not pay. Evans company has no more right to not pay the clubs running costs as you or I deciding not to pay our council tax.

Quite simply, one way or another, the owner of our club has more than enough funds to meet it's commitments and would have to do so.

Classy stuff Fishers on 10:05 - Mar 5 with 2934 viewsDyland

He isn't, he's just no good at winning football games. The glaringly obvious fact he needs to be sacked does not mean he deserves any abuse. Evans on the other hand... I'm wondering if I don't actually mind too much if there are abusive chants... and it surprises me I feel this way... not because I think he deserves some slack, but because chanting someone's a see you next tuesday, just feels wrong whoever it is.

ffs ITFC

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Effective protesting? on 10:06 - Mar 5 with 2930 viewsOxford_Blue

Effective protesting? on 10:01 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Evans company then.

You can't just decide to not pay. Evans company has no more right to not pay the clubs running costs as you or I deciding not to pay our council tax.

Quite simply, one way or another, the owner of our club has more than enough funds to meet it's commitments and would have to do so.

You’re still not getting it.

There are contracts in force between the club and its players and suppliers and the local council which male the club liable to pay wages, services, rent etc.

The shareholders do not have any liability for the debts of the company other than the nominal amount they paid for shares to begin with. This is the entire foundation of company law. So if the major shareholder (Evans) just decided to not pay in £5-6m in cash which is a discretionary payment, then the club itself could not compel him to do this and all of the liabilities would go unpaid. The suppliers, players etc could bring a claim against the club but given it would have no assets or money there’d be no point. Hence why administrators get called.

Evans could stop making the discretionary subsidy payments tomorrow. He is under no obligation.
Effective protesting? on 10:09 - Mar 5 with 2913 viewsElephantintheRoom

Effective protesting? on 09:28 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Evans told the shareholders Town was a personal 'investment'. From what little is available it seems that it is a company investment - with an eye-watering debt accrual over the last twelve years despite being run under tight financial constraints.

He could just refuse to carry on funding the losses - he has no personal liability. - points deduction etc, winding up orders would follow as would fantasists offering to buy the club for £1 and make things worse a la Bury.

But the likes of Portsmouth and Luton show that once rogue ownership departs, a committed fan base can construct a viable future. Not saying that Town have any committed fans to plan a viable future... things didn't pan out at the second share issue for example - but that was perhaps more do do with Sheepy's idiocy.

But the point is - that if you dont want Evans and what he represents...stay away. It really is that simple.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

He definitely is a Scot. (n/t) on 10:10 - Mar 5 with 2908 viewsBloots

Classy stuff Fishers on 10:05 - Mar 5 by Dyland

He isn't, he's just no good at winning football games. The glaringly obvious fact he needs to be sacked does not mean he deserves any abuse. Evans on the other hand... I'm wondering if I don't actually mind too much if there are abusive chants... and it surprises me I feel this way... not because I think he deserves some slack, but because chanting someone's a see you next tuesday, just feels wrong whoever it is.

ffs ITFC

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Effective protesting? on 10:15 - Mar 5 with 2882 viewsOxford_Blue

Effective protesting? on 10:01 - Mar 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Evans company then.

The distinction is between the company (a legal personality in its own right) and the owners (the shareholders). Shareholders do not become liable for the debts of the company. It would be like M&S’s shareholders all being liable personally for debts of the company. If this was the case, no one would ever buy shares. Occasionally directors (who may also be shareholders) may give personal guarantees in specific instances eg when raising funds. But that it’s the case here.
Effective protesting? on 10:49 - Mar 5 with 2799 viewsJon_456

Effective protesting? on 09:46 - Mar 5 by Oxford_Blue

Would the fans protesting result in Evans to abandon funding?

I don't know the ins and outs but surely if he were to stop the funding, we would only fall further and result in him receiving less if he were to sell?
Effective protesting? on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 2723 viewsTractorCam

Where would he go?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024