Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. 09:19 - Feb 5 with 1019 viewsGeoffSentence

They have re-confirmed how utter guff we were.

One thing it didn't show was Jackson getting hauled down round his neck in the first half. As he was ahead of the defender and the defender was the last man, for a fleeting moment I thought there could be a red card shown.
I was amazed that we didn't even get a free kick so would have liked to have seen that incident again.

For what it's worth I reckon that even with ten men Posh would have held on to win so this is not a whine about being hard done by by the ref, but I was speechless that the end result of it was only a drop ball, if I recall correctly it was their uncontested DB too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 09:30 - Feb 5 with 971 viewspatrickswell

Andy Woolmer is Keith Stroud levels of bad as an official. Remember his performance in the home game with Sheffield United last season? Chalobah dispossessed Oliver Norwood twice in quick succession by the touchline and Norwood responded by kneeing Chalobah in the back after Trevoh had passed it. This happened right in front of Woolmer, but he only gave a yellow card.
I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 09:33 - Feb 5 with 957 viewsDubtractor

Given where the foul took place I'm sure it would only have been a yellow, but it was an astonishing decision to not at least give a foul.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 09:36 - Feb 5 with 937 viewsFixed_It

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 09:33 - Feb 5 by Dubtractor

Given where the foul took place I'm sure it would only have been a yellow, but it was an astonishing decision to not at least give a foul.

Jackson's shirt got ripped in the process as I recall.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 10:03 - Feb 5 with 893 viewsSteve_M

Presumably it didn't show the one in the second half when he had a foul given against him despite being pulled back by the last defender either?

As with Peterborough's penalty the ref seemed incapable of making even slightly difficult decisions.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 10:05 - Feb 5 with 872 viewsitfcjoe

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 10:03 - Feb 5 by Steve_M

Presumably it didn't show the one in the second half when he had a foul given against him despite being pulled back by the last defender either?

As with Peterborough's penalty the ref seemed incapable of making even slightly difficult decisions.

There was no way he'd have given us that penalty if it was 0-0 opposed to 0-4

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 10:28 - Feb 5 with 833 viewsSwansea_Blue

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 10:05 - Feb 5 by itfcjoe

There was no way he'd have given us that penalty if it was 0-0 opposed to 0-4

Yeah, I didn't realise you weren't allowed to get the ball in a nopn-dangerous challenge these days!

The extended 'highlights' are grim indeed. Most of our problems seem to be coming from our back 3 as usual. They can't defend as a unit or individually and they can't start moves off. God knows why we're persisiting with this shape other than desperation through injuries that prevnt a change.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 11:45 - Feb 5 with 774 viewsPilgrimblue

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 10:28 - Feb 5 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, I didn't realise you weren't allowed to get the ball in a nopn-dangerous challenge these days!

The extended 'highlights' are grim indeed. Most of our problems seem to be coming from our back 3 as usual. They can't defend as a unit or individually and they can't start moves off. God knows why we're persisiting with this shape other than desperation through injuries that prevnt a change.

Actually the players now available suit us going 442!

As a back three I don’t think they know who does what and just hope. PL needs to decide who is best two which of course is quite difficult.
I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 12:25 - Feb 5 with 719 viewsSouperJim

I have only just been able to bring myself to watch Saturday's highlights. on 10:28 - Feb 5 by Swansea_Blue

Before Saturday we had the joint-tightest defence in the division. Just sayin.

I think overall this shape has worked well for us, for me our problem is our midfield don't assert their authority in enough games and our front line don't score enough goals when we do. Yeah we look poor at the back at times, but I think most of us are watching league one football with championship eyes.

Huws and Garbutt are big losses, as was KVY. Three players who have really made us tick.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024