Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 17:35 - Dec 1 with 6090 viewstown8710

Is he a good manager ?? Yeah we are doing well in the league but have played very poor minus the shrews game. Also find his lack of being able to change a game ie the last two home games very frustrating. And the rotation policy is rubbish. For me he is overrated by a lot of fans.
Lambert on 17:47 - Dec 1 with 4701 viewshampstead_blue

Am not his biggest fan.

When he joined last year he had plenty of time to do something different and have a go.
Normally a new manager will get a reaction - Dele Ali has found himself of late and there are more examples.

He may have been the best option at the time but when we go up we'll need a change.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lambert on 17:53 - Dec 1 with 4670 viewstown8710

Lambert on 17:47 - Dec 1 by hampstead_blue

Am not his biggest fan.

When he joined last year he had plenty of time to do something different and have a go.
Normally a new manager will get a reaction - Dele Ali has found himself of late and there are more examples.

He may have been the best option at the time but when we go up we'll need a change.

I agree.. last two home games i felt if we had made a change or changes earlier we could of picked up the wins. I know it sounds harsh but it could tell come may.
Lambert on 18:04 - Dec 1 with 4649 viewsCokeIsKey

Good as a manager (e.g finding quality players to sign and doing things with the media), however he seems fairly inept as a head coach with his little tactical knowledge and excessive rotation. If we were to go up, I wouldn't mind keeping him however we would need to employ a separate, very technical head coach to work alongside him, one that is similar to Daniel Farke.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Lambert on 18:15 - Dec 1 with 4602 viewsGuthrum

Yeah. We've lost four matches out of 24 in all competitions, one of those to a team a division above, another a dead rubber when we were already through to the knock-out round of a competition. Only one team in the Football League has conceded fewer goals than us. We're second in the division with games in hand.

But because it hasn't been pretty and he doesn't put out the same first team for every match, the Manager is rubbish!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert on 18:18 - Dec 1 with 4587 viewsDyland

Lambert on 17:47 - Dec 1 by hampstead_blue

Am not his biggest fan.

"When he joined last year he had plenty of time to do something different and have a go. Normally a new manager will get a reaction - Dele Ali has found himself of late and there are more examples."

LOL

Edit: Hampers, lol because you're talking about new manager bounce by comparing a team full of internationals with one where all the better players had been sold. Literally produced a gmpf, sorry :)
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 20:00]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert on 18:44 - Dec 1 with 4465 viewsGuthrum

Lambert on 18:04 - Dec 1 by CokeIsKey

Good as a manager (e.g finding quality players to sign and doing things with the media), however he seems fairly inept as a head coach with his little tactical knowledge and excessive rotation. If we were to go up, I wouldn't mind keeping him however we would need to employ a separate, very technical head coach to work alongside him, one that is similar to Daniel Farke.

Re: Rotation

Seven members of our squad have each started over two-thirds of our League games this season: Chambers, Downes, Holy, Jackson, Norwood, Skuse, Woolfenden. Four others have started more than half: Garbutt, Rowe, Vincent-Young, Wilson.

Strikes me that Lambert keeps the core of the team pretty constant.

Lambert on 19:21 - Dec 1 with 4386 viewsDennyx4

Lambert on 18:44 - Dec 1 by Guthrum

Re: Rotation

Seven members of our squad have each started over two-thirds of our League games this season: Chambers, Downes, Holy, Jackson, Norwood, Skuse, Woolfenden. Four others have started more than half: Garbutt, Rowe, Vincent-Young, Wilson.

Strikes me that Lambert keeps the core of the team pretty constant.

Albeit, I get your point two thirds of league games is a very low bar.

If you took that stat to the end of the season, would mean that they play roughly 30 league games (two thirds of 45), but also very few cup games - so in a season where we will play 50+ games, the low 30's for a regular starter would seem quite low.

Now if there is very little difference in ability, I can see more rational for rotation.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 19:24]
Lambert on 19:33 - Dec 1 with 4332 viewsGuthrum

Lambert on 19:21 - Dec 1 by Dennyx4

Albeit, I get your point two thirds of league games is a very low bar.

If you took that stat to the end of the season, would mean that they play roughly 30 league games (two thirds of 45), but also very few cup games - so in a season where we will play 50+ games, the low 30's for a regular starter would seem quite low.

Now if there is very little difference in ability, I can see more rational for rotation.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 19:24]

Over two-thirds. Several have started more than three-quarters. Which, with the number of games, means they've missed very few.

Some of those absences have been enforced, due to injury/surgery. Or the fact they didn't arrive until late August (KVY).

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 19:41 - Dec 1 with 4288 viewswkj

At the moment I still think Lambert is about as good as we could have hoped for as Evans clearly employs managers to have a hand in running the club not just coaching. If Evans micromanaged more and purely employed managers to operate as a head coach, then other choices could be better than Lambert, but as it stands, we're probably operating about as good as we can be.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert on 19:47 - Dec 1 with 4255 viewsBent_double

I'm happy with the rotation policy, it gives fringe players chance to show what they can do, and players returning from injury valuable game time.

There are probably 3 or 4 players who must be a bit concerned with the Jan transfer window coming up: they've been given opportunities and not upped their game, so I could see some departures in Jan (perm or loan) and hopefully 2 or 3 better players coming in.

Bit concerned regarding the home record, but teams are gonna come to PR and play for a draw, he needs to do more to break down these teams. The fact that we aren't comfortably beating teams by 3 or 4 goals a game is a worry (but apparently Liverpool are only winning by a single goal most games too!), maybe it will click soon.

Mind you, if we win 15 of the next 20 games 1-0, I'd be happy - promotion almost in the bag with form like that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Lambert on 19:50 - Dec 1 with 4234 viewsBlue_Order

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.
Lambert on 19:51 - Dec 1 with 4225 viewsBluefish

It is pretty obvious that he isn't but he is what we have right now and we aren't really in a position to consider changing

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lambert on 19:54 - Dec 1 with 4212 viewsRadlett_blue

Lambert on 19:47 - Dec 1 by Bent_double

I'm happy with the rotation policy, it gives fringe players chance to show what they can do, and players returning from injury valuable game time.

There are probably 3 or 4 players who must be a bit concerned with the Jan transfer window coming up: they've been given opportunities and not upped their game, so I could see some departures in Jan (perm or loan) and hopefully 2 or 3 better players coming in.

Bit concerned regarding the home record, but teams are gonna come to PR and play for a draw, he needs to do more to break down these teams. The fact that we aren't comfortably beating teams by 3 or 4 goals a game is a worry (but apparently Liverpool are only winning by a single goal most games too!), maybe it will click soon.

Mind you, if we win 15 of the next 20 games 1-0, I'd be happy - promotion almost in the bag with form like that.

We have a huge squad, having already used over 25 players this season, and with (hopefully) Sears, Bishop & maybe even Lankester to reappear at some stage. Hence we've been well equipped to handle all the cup games, but the downside is the lack of a consistent formation or obvious pattern of play. We are still short in a couple of key areas and it will be interesting to see if Lambert is allowed to strengthen in January, which could make all the difference.
I've been a bit disappointed int he style of play after Lambert came in last season showing his intention to play decent football, but if it gets us promoted, then fair play. However, I think all we can hope for is the bottom half of the Championship in the future - we are nowhere near capable of doing a Southampton or Norwich.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lambert on 20:25 - Dec 1 with 4109 viewspeterleeblue

Is this a genuine serious thread?

I agree I thought he might have made a better fist of staying up last season.

However he is doing a steady job recovering from last season.
When will fans learn to be patient and give managers time.
Lambert on 20:34 - Dec 1 with 4065 viewshaynes_toe1

I think in all honesty he's overrated but at least it's for 'good' reasons, i.e bringing fans back, putting some pride into the club again etc. But it does mean that some overlook the fact we aren't playing any better football than under Mick, simply at a lower standard of football in a lower league.

For what it's worth I think he is pretty much a League One manager - I don't think we can expect anyone better at this stage and assuming we go up he'll have earnt the right to have a go with us in that league, too.
Lambert on 20:36 - Dec 1 with 4056 viewsGarv

Can’t we just enjoy being 2nd in the league with two games in hand?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lambert on 21:06 - Dec 1 with 3911 viewsKieran_Knows

Genuine question, say Lambert was to go tomorrow, who would you go for?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lambert on 21:08 - Dec 1 with 3904 viewsSwailsey

Lambert on 21:06 - Dec 1 by Kieran_Knows

Genuine question, say Lambert was to go tomorrow, who would you go for?

The beautiful MM

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lambert on 21:19 - Dec 1 with 3831 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We should've gone for Warbuton last season when Hurst went

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Lambert on 21:20 - Dec 1 with 3814 viewswkj

Lambert on 21:19 - Dec 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

We should've gone for Warbuton last season when Hurst went

In all honesty we should have gone in for Warburton when we was courting Hurst.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert on 21:50 - Dec 1 with 3700 viewsDinnernotTea

He's won 30% of his games since he arrived. That's piss poor. If and only if we finish top 2 in May you could rate him. Confused how anyone could class him as a good manager thus far?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Lambert on 21:54 - Dec 1 with 3676 viewsBlue_Moses

It's a valid question we didn't play well throughout the whole of November.
Lambert on 22:23 - Dec 1 with 3592 viewsSuperblue95

I didn’t think he was the right choice for us when we got him and my opinion hasn’t changed since but I’m willing to give him the time to see what he can build as we need stability.

If he gets us promoted this season that’ll cancel out his part in our relegation and for me he will be back on a clean slate.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lambert on 23:08 - Dec 1 with 3500 viewsStNeotsBlue

Lambert on 21:08 - Dec 1 by Swailsey

The beautiful MM

Why? Explain your working! As a collective he didn't like us, a huge chunk of the fan base had lost faith with him it wasn't viable him staying.
Lambert on 02:18 - Dec 2 with 3393 viewsharlingblue

I think that Paul Lambert is the ideal link between ME, whipping up a fan base, sorting out some of the basic needs of the club, obviously neglected by MM, but as a creative Manager/coach I have my reservations.
Most successful sides have a settled side, with their own style of play for League and FA Cup games, injured or out of form players replaced, for the lesser cups a more experimental approach could be applied.
Constant rotation of players and a lack of a true Ipswich Town formation is frustrating for supporters, and must be even more so for the players.
We have a quite inflated first team squad (certainly in several positions) but I notice that none seem to be offered match play time as part of the U23 team?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024