Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tories lying again 12:24 - Nov 25 with 3519 viewsHARRY10

"Boris Johnson's promise to employ an extra 50,000 NHS nurses has unravelled further after a cabinet minister suggested that the pledge would not be met for ten years. Nicky Morgan, the culture secretary, said the additional nurses would be in place "if you look in 10 years' time" and struggled to explain how the government would convince current nurses not to leave.

It comes after the Tories were criticised when it emerged that 18,500 of the 50,000 extra nurses promised in their election manifesto would not be new recruits but simply existing staff that the government will try to persuade to stay in the NHS. Labour said the claim was "fake" and "frankly deceitful". Ms Morgan's further suggestion that the pledge will not to be met in the next five years is likely to fuel claims that the Conservatives are making manifesto pledges that they are not planning to deliver in the next parliament"

Adds to the lie about 40 new hospitals... which is actually only already agreed upgrades to 6 hospitals.

Rees-Mogg appears to have been locked away in the west wing as he reminds voters too much of what Tories really stand for...... but at least we have Johnson with a crisp and decisive response to another bit of deceit

Tories lying again on 12:32 - Nov 25 with 2346 viewslowhouseblue

yes it really ought to be easy to win against that lot, shouldn't it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tories lying again on 12:33 - Nov 25 with 2341 viewsStokieBlue

It's a good job that government policy hasn't crippled overseas recruitment... by BlueBadger 25 Nov 2019 9:41
..otherwise this policy would look like utter pie-in-the-sky posturing about trying to solve a problem they've mostly created.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/half-of-50000-nurses-promised-by-tories-would-need-to-come-from-overseas/24/11/?fbclid=IwAR0j7VAM9wXkBPoyV2SgZsZS_5WsHedWry77LWk-ZXw7AKsAX2n_M_6QaxU

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Tories lying again on 12:40 - Nov 25 with 2309 viewsHARRY10

Tories lying again on 12:32 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

yes it really ought to be easy to win against that lot, shouldn't it.

you underestimate the sheer stupidity around you
Tories lying again on 12:44 - Nov 25 with 2296 viewshampstead_blue

regardless of the detail, it simply would take years to hire that number of people.
Nurses are highly qualified and don't just appear.

I think that is a foolish pledge and can be so easily unpicked.
It's the same for all sides.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Tories lying again on 12:45 - Nov 25 with 2295 viewslowhouseblue

Tories lying again on 12:40 - Nov 25 by HARRY10

you underestimate the sheer stupidity around you

i'm fairly realistic - and i can explain what's happening without needing to assume that other people are stupid. clearly people look at boris and they look at labour and then decide that boris is the safer bet. it's an utterly tragic situation.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Tories lying again on 12:48 - Nov 25 with 2276 viewsitfcjoe

There is no pledge in manifesto to actually deliver on the cuts to NI within 5 years either.

But it's been on the front of the Sun and the Mail and will keep getting repeated.

We live in a post-truth world

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tories lying again on 12:52 - Nov 25 with 2249 viewsitfcjoe

Tories lying again on 12:45 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

i'm fairly realistic - and i can explain what's happening without needing to assume that other people are stupid. clearly people look at boris and they look at labour and then decide that boris is the safer bet. it's an utterly tragic situation.

I picked up a copy of The Sun when in the hairdressers at the weekend, people are being fed blatant lies too.

Paper still has a circulation of 1.5 million a day, and it is off the scale biased and untrue if Saturday's edition is anything to go by. They had done a poll of readers (600 I think) and there were 7% who said they would vote for Labour

Tories lying again on 12:52 - Nov 25 with 2247 viewsHARRY10

Tories lying again on 12:44 - Nov 25 by hampstead_blue

regardless of the detail, it simply would take years to hire that number of people.
Nurses are highly qualified and don't just appear.

I think that is a foolish pledge and can be so easily unpicked.
It's the same for all sides.

"It's the same for all sides. "

nope, it is just Johnson spouting off what he thinks folk want to here with no recourse to checking first

these are not claims that suggest a degree of costing and working out, but random number plucked from the air

40 new hospitals, 20,000 new police, 50,000 new nurses.......

without any acknowledgement of who has caused these shortages, whose words have caused so many non UK medical staff to leave the EU - that has been caused by one side and one side only
Login to get fewer ads

Tories lying again on 12:56 - Nov 25 with 2219 viewsSteve_M

There are in fact two lies here, the money pledged doesn't cover employing these nurses merely training them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tories lying again on 12:57 - Nov 25 with 2201 viewslowhouseblue

Tories lying again on 12:52 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

I picked up a copy of The Sun when in the hairdressers at the weekend, people are being fed blatant lies too.

Paper still has a circulation of 1.5 million a day, and it is off the scale biased and untrue if Saturday's edition is anything to go by. They had done a poll of readers (600 I think) and there were 7% who said they would vote for Labour

people generally buy the newspaper they agree with. sun readers buy one echo chamber and guardian readers another. neither is being manipulated.

Tories lying again on 12:58 - Nov 25 with 2189 viewsHARRY10

Tories lying again on 12:45 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

nope, Johnson is merely telling them what they want to hear, much as his fellow shyster Farage did

as far as many are concerned brexit = a block on immigration and whoever promises that BNP, UKIP, Brexit Co now Johnson will get their vote

of course they will tell you it s about EU rules, sovereignty or lord knows what, but it is immigration - so whatever other lies these chalatans spout it doesn't matter as far as these bigots are concerned
Tories lying again on 12:59 - Nov 25 with 2185 viewsitfcjoe

Tories lying again on 12:57 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

people generally buy the newspaper they agree with. sun readers buy one echo chamber and guardian readers another. neither is being manipulated.

You can't honestly believe that The Sun and The Guardian are in anyway comparable in this regard? This is just the classic 'both sides are doping it' when one is massively worse than the other

Tories lying again on 12:59 - Nov 25 with 2177 viewsitfcjoe

Tories lying again on 12:58 - Nov 25 by HARRY10

nope, Johnson is merely telling them what they want to hear, much as his fellow shyster Farage did

as far as many are concerned brexit = a block on immigration and whoever promises that BNP, UKIP, Brexit Co now Johnson will get their vote

of course they will tell you it s about EU rules, sovereignty or lord knows what, but it is immigration - so whatever other lies these chalatans spout it doesn't matter as far as these bigots are concerned

And then immigration will barely change because the Tories need cheaper labour from wherever they can get it for their businesses

Tories lying again on 13:00 - Nov 25 with 2175 viewslowhouseblue

Tories lying again on 12:56 - Nov 25 by Steve_M

There are in fact two lies here, the money pledged doesn't cover employing these nurses merely training them.

that's an excellent forensic point. but in the context of an opposition who announced yet another £58 billion of spending yesterday with no explanation of how it would be financed it's utterly small change and no will notice your point.

Tories lying again on 13:01 - Nov 25 with 2166 viewsDubtractor

Tories lying again on 12:59 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

You can't honestly believe that The Sun and The Guardian are in anyway comparable in this regard? This is just the classic 'both sides are doping it' when one is massively worse than the other

It's also a nonsense argument.

Loads of sun readers will vote for Johnson, whereas they also voted for Blair's labour repeatedly.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tories lying again on 13:02 - Nov 25 with 2157 viewslowhouseblue

they are both biased and they are both read by people who willingly choose that form of bias. people like to stay safe in their bubble - that's as true of guardian readers as it is of anyone.

Tories lying again on 13:02 - Nov 25 with 2157 viewsfooters

The Guardian has become an odd bogeyman for many people. It's statistically the most truthful newspaper in the UK iirc, and even with moderate-left bias can still be relied on for facts presented in a fair way. Any comparison to the Sun, Mail, etc is way off imo.

Don't really like their Sport section though. Yeah, you studied A-Level Classics but no need to shoehorn it into a Championship match report!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tories lying again on 13:04 - Nov 25 with 2146 viewslowhouseblue

Tories lying again on 13:01 - Nov 25 by Dubtractor

It's also a nonsense argument.

Loads of sun readers will vote for Johnson, whereas they also voted for Blair's labour repeatedly.

because blair's labour addressed the things they care about.

Tories lying again on 13:05 - Nov 25 with 2143 viewsJ2BLUE

Tories lying again on 13:02 - Nov 25 by footers

The Guardian has become an odd bogeyman for many people. It's statistically the most truthful newspaper in the UK iirc, and even with moderate-left bias can still be relied on for facts presented in a fair way. Any comparison to the Sun, Mail, etc is way off imo.

Don't really like their Sport section though. Yeah, you studied A-Level Classics but no need to shoehorn it into a Championship match report!

Perception of the main Guardian content is skewed by their opinion pieces.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tories lying again on 13:06 - Nov 25 with 2131 viewsfooters

Tories lying again on 13:04 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

because blair's labour addressed the things they care about.

Weird that they wouldn't appreciate a manifesto that's geared specifically towards helping the majority of people, innit. Wonder why.

Tories lying again on 13:07 - Nov 25 with 2122 viewsHARRY10

Tories lying again on 12:57 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

Nope.

It is about what you want to read. With the Sun it is putting over stuff in a very simplistic and basic manner with the whole idea of not challenging you, but acting as a comfort blanket...hence it being styled in some 1930's Beano language.
Tories lying again on 13:07 - Nov 25 with 2121 viewslowhouseblue

Tories lying again on 13:05 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

and you're never aware of the bias in the thing that you agree with.

Tories lying again on 13:08 - Nov 25 with 2110 viewsfooters

Tories lying again on 13:05 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

It's taken a different spin under Viner which I'm not a massive fan of, but if like me you don't want to read about non-binary vegan cupcake contests, then don't :)

Tories lying again on 13:09 - Nov 25 with 2103 viewsOldsmoker

Tories lying again on 12:52 - Nov 25 by HARRY10

"It's the same for all sides. "

nope, it is just Johnson spouting off what he thinks folk want to here with no recourse to checking first

these are not claims that suggest a degree of costing and working out, but random number plucked from the air

40 new hospitals, 20,000 new police, 50,000 new nurses.......

without any acknowledgement of who has caused these shortages, whose words have caused so many non UK medical staff to leave the EU - that has been caused by one side and one side only

Big Whoppers too.
40 new hospitals where 5 is probably deliverable. 5 seems like you're not trying hard enough.
20,000 extra police when 5,000 is realistic but not enough to convince anyone that they are the Party of Law & Order.
50,000 nurses in 10 years which includes 19,000 who are leaving the profession. So not new nurses, just bribed ones but if 19,000 left their jobs and then got rehired they're hardly "new".
And then there's the 200,000 social homes announced in 2014. A big number again and not deliverable. They built ZERO homes.
The Tories have got away with it before so they expect to get away with it again.
Anyone with a shred of decency would come clean but the Tories have none.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Tories lying again on 13:09 - Nov 25 with 2101 viewsgiant_stow

Tories lying again on 13:07 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

and you're never aware of the bias in the thing that you agree with.

I think you're under-rating people there, personally. It doesn't take a genius to read any paper with a pince of salt.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024