Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Georgiou 19:57 - Aug 19 with 4980 viewsWickets

Been told by Spurs fan that he had a decent game for Spurs at left back in the Audi cup against Real Madrid last year .
Anthony Georgiou on 20:25 - Aug 19 with 4863 viewsIllinoisblue

Audi Cup eh?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anthony Georgiou on 20:51 - Aug 19 with 4712 viewsWickets

Anthony Georgiou on 20:25 - Aug 19 by Illinoisblue

Audi Cup eh?

Yes Audi cup , Would be lovely if Spurs loaned us Danny Rose on the cheap but it aint gonna happen .
Anthony Georgiou on 04:41 - Aug 20 with 4309 viewsOldsmoker

These Spurs fans aren't that impressed.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/19/tottenham-fans-react-as-anthony-georgiou-j

As he's played just one game for Spurs and spent last season in Spain, I question how they're so knowledgeable about him.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anthony Georgiou on 06:16 - Aug 20 with 4248 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He came on at half time in that when Tottenham basically changed their entire squad around. The only website I could find that had any real detail on the game gives him a 5/10 - the lowest mark of any Tottenham player:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6422432-real-madrid-0-1-tottenham-report-ratings-rea

I’m not writing him off and he may prove a useful short term addition, but the idea that he’s some really promising Tottenham youngster seems rather fanciful to me given his complete lack of first team action so far aged 22

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anthony Georgiou on 07:36 - Aug 20 with 4073 viewsHerbivore

Anthony Georgiou on 06:16 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He came on at half time in that when Tottenham basically changed their entire squad around. The only website I could find that had any real detail on the game gives him a 5/10 - the lowest mark of any Tottenham player:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6422432-real-madrid-0-1-tottenham-report-ratings-rea

I’m not writing him off and he may prove a useful short term addition, but the idea that he’s some really promising Tottenham youngster seems rather fanciful to me given his complete lack of first team action so far aged 22

We're a League 1 side, they won't be sending us their equivalent of Gio. He gives us cover in an area where we need it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anthony Georgiou on 08:00 - Aug 20 with 4002 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Anthony Georgiou on 04:41 - Aug 20 by Oldsmoker

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/19/tottenham-fans-react-as-anthony-georgiou-j

As he's played just one game for Spurs and spent last season in Spain, I question how they're so knowledgeable about him.

Exactly.
If he's rubbish, slightly surprising that Spurs would have given him a new contract which runs to the summer of 2021. But I'm sure that a few posters on here and armchair Spurs fans know far more than the coaches at the team that made the CL final in May.

Poll: would you rather

Anthony Georgiou on 08:24 - Aug 20 with 3916 viewsLankHenners

Anthony Georgiou on 06:16 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Was speaking to a Spurs fan yesterday who’s pretty clued up and he reckoned if you were to rank all their ‘promising’ youngsters in order of most likely to kick on and be a really good player he’d be somewhere near the bottom. Not necessarily a big criticism as the guys in front of him are very talented but he’s 22 so it’s pretty much now or never for him to make an impression at Spurs. League 1 about his level at the moment though, due to his lack of game time outside of youth matches, it’s hard for anyone to be really.

Also said his best position was likely to be full back but in a formation where he has licence to bomb forwards. I’m always a bit wary of players who can allegedly play on the wing and at full back as it often means they lack an attribute to really excel at either position.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anthony Georgiou on 09:06 - Aug 20 with 3803 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anthony Georgiou on 07:36 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

We're a League 1 side, they won't be sending us their equivalent of Gio. He gives us cover in an area where we need it.

Well indeed, I’ve been noting all Summer that fans need to manage their expectations re the types of loans we’ll be getting

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Georgiou on 09:10 - Aug 20 with 3771 viewsHerbivore

Anthony Georgiou on 09:06 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well indeed, I’ve been noting all Summer that fans need to manage their expectations re the types of loans we’ll be getting

He should still be well schooled though and he ought to provide useful cover for Garbutt and Kenlock. On paper I'm happy enough with this signing. We need a striker now though, we're woefully short up top.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anthony Georgiou on 10:25 - Aug 20 with 3575 viewsitfcjoe

Anthony Georgiou on 08:24 - Aug 20 by LankHenners

Was speaking to a Spurs fan yesterday who’s pretty clued up and he reckoned if you were to rank all their ‘promising’ youngsters in order of most likely to kick on and be a really good player he’d be somewhere near the bottom. Not necessarily a big criticism as the guys in front of him are very talented but he’s 22 so it’s pretty much now or never for him to make an impression at Spurs. League 1 about his level at the moment though, due to his lack of game time outside of youth matches, it’s hard for anyone to be really.

Also said his best position was likely to be full back but in a formation where he has licence to bomb forwards. I’m always a bit wary of players who can allegedly play on the wing and at full back as it often means they lack an attribute to really excel at either position.

He's got no hope at Spurs, 22 year olds don't break through - they've given him an extra year to try and protect his value somewhat.

That's not to say he won't be good enough for us, far from it, but he's not a promising youngster, he's a 22 year old fighting for a career in the EFL now.

Hopefully he becomes a LB and pus pressure on Kenlock and does enough for us to pick him up on a permanent basis

From the Tottenham youth side he's effectively 2 years younger than Grant Ward (150+ senior appearances) and 1 year younger than Vincent-Young (100+ senior appearances) - it's now or never for him career wise, not Spurs wise.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anthony Georgiou on 11:09 - Aug 20 with 3460 viewsMrTown

I'd second that, can't imagine how much they would have seen to make a fair jdugement on him.

kid needs a run of games to be judged accordingly.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anthony Georgiou on 11:11 - Aug 20 with 3454 viewsSamWhiteUK

Is there really any relevance in what Spurs fans have to say about him? We're not exactly an equivalently skilled club...
Anthony Georgiou on 11:12 - Aug 20 with 3448 viewsKieran_Knows

Anthony Georgiou on 10:25 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

He's got no hope at Spurs, 22 year olds don't break through - they've given him an extra year to try and protect his value somewhat.

That's not to say he won't be good enough for us, far from it, but he's not a promising youngster, he's a 22 year old fighting for a career in the EFL now.

Hopefully he becomes a LB and pus pressure on Kenlock and does enough for us to pick him up on a permanent basis

From the Tottenham youth side he's effectively 2 years younger than Grant Ward (150+ senior appearances) and 1 year younger than Vincent-Young (100+ senior appearances) - it's now or never for him career wise, not Spurs wise.

Exactly this. 6 half decent months with us and Spurs know they'll be looking at £1m+ for a player that in a years time, they would probably be releasing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anthony Georgiou on 11:20 - Aug 20 with 3420 viewsMrTown

Anthony Georgiou on 11:12 - Aug 20 by Kieran_Knows

Exactly this. 6 half decent months with us and Spurs know they'll be looking at £1m+ for a player that in a years time, they would probably be releasing.

He's faily clued that Daniel Levy chap though isn't he.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anthony Georgiou on 11:31 - Aug 20 with 3383 viewsLankHenners

Yeah to be fair he did mean as in now or never for him to be worth something more to Spurs than getting released into the nothingness.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anthony Georgiou on 11:44 - Aug 20 with 3351 viewsitfcjoe

Anthony Georgiou on 11:31 - Aug 20 by LankHenners

Yeah to be fair he did mean as in now or never for him to be worth something more to Spurs than getting released into the nothingness.

Cheers for clarifying - makes sense. Bar absolutely ripping it up he’s unlikely to be worth anything more than a nominal fee.

Excited to see what he can offer though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anthony Georgiou on 11:55 - Aug 20 with 3310 viewsMullet

Anthony Georgiou on 11:44 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

Cheers for clarifying - makes sense. Bar absolutely ripping it up he’s unlikely to be worth anything more than a nominal fee.

Excited to see what he can offer though

I'm assuming he's in the Grant Ward category or below, which is no disgrace at all. In fact it's pretty galling we never got to see Ward settled and firing for any real length of time.

Maybe in this era of disintegration and embarrassment we can at least get ourselves sorted into a more regular side and line up where players show progress.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anthony Georgiou on 11:56 - Aug 20 with 3311 viewsJamestownPrince

Anthony Georgiou on 09:06 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We could have had Coutinio on loan for a year

However he would take the place of Judge so that would be no good
Anthony Georgiou on 12:12 - Aug 20 with 3250 viewsClapham_Junction

I recall another 22-year old left back with barely any first team experience that we had on loan from Tottenham , and that worked out pretty well.
Anthony Georgiou on 14:37 - Aug 20 with 3061 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anthony Georgiou on 00:04 - Aug 21 with 2888 viewsWickets

Looked a half decent left winger tonight !
Anthony Georgiou on 00:06 - Aug 21 with 2868 viewssuffolkpoker

Anthony Georgiou on 00:04 - Aug 21 by Wickets

Looked a half decent left winger tonight !

He looked dangerous and direct. He has a decent delivery. I think he will be good for us.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Anthony Georgiou on 00:08 - Aug 21 with 2860 viewslinhdi

Anthony Georgiou on 14:37 - Aug 20 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Agree 100%. I have seen more of him than most Spurs fans, having seen his one competitive game plus a chunk of this year's pre-seasons. His second-half performance tonight was far better than I expected him capable of.

We have an excellent player.
Anthony Georgiou on 00:44 - Aug 21 with 2802 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anthony Georgiou on 00:08 - Aug 21 by linhdi

Agree 100%. I have seen more of him than most Spurs fans, having seen his one competitive game plus a chunk of this year's pre-seasons. His second-half performance tonight was far better than I expected him capable of.

We have an excellent player.

Lambert's comment was he has been training with the Tottenham first team and you can't be a mug to be doing that.

He looked the most skilful player on the pitch to me second half. Was able to run at players and then play a sensible ball once he was closed down. Moved into space to receive the ball and closed players down too.

If he is our new left back and Vincent-Young the new right back, I think we will have improved the team significantly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024