Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... 11:01 - Aug 2 with 2256 viewsitfcjoe

Must have shelled out about £50k in transfer fees - their team should be too good for the league above let alone the one they are in.

Jack Ainsley, Seb Dunbar, Tom Bullard, Curtley Williams - they must be spending some serious money on wages too - probably £15k a year on a number of players.

Have heard also that all the players will get a £10k bonus each if they win the Vase.

Mad money and investment going on there, any non league fans/watchers with a view on it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:03 - Aug 2 with 2234 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

That's the £50k we owed them from the last instalment of the Gavin Johnson deal, structured over 30 years, to sign him from their junior team.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:08 - Aug 2 with 2180 viewsfactual_blue

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:03 - Aug 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

That's the £50k we owed them from the last instalment of the Gavin Johnson deal, structured over 30 years, to sign him from their junior team.

We shouldn't pay that until we've had the second Lazio friendly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:20 - Aug 2 with 2123 viewsWitherspoon123

Stowmarket have invested a lot on players this year. the numbers you mentioned im not to sure of, but may be near thatmark

Promotion is not a given, and they will have to spend heavily to upgrade clubhouse and other parts of the ground in order to step up to next level which should be the priority

Felixstowe and Walton have spent near on £750,000 on improvments through donations and premier league grants recently, so gives you an idea on overall cost

all the best to them !
Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:21 - Aug 2 with 2115 viewsthatdamgood89

Rick Andrews and co have really gone for it this. They had a disappointing year last year so it's refreshing to see a club in the IP postcode area not been content with what they have got and gamble.

Step 5 club giving out 3 year contracts says it all really doesn't it. One hand it's madness the other it's ballsy and good luck to them.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:24 - Aug 2 with 2103 viewsiamipswich

Dunbar, Ainsley and Bullard all arguably some of Leiston's best players as well. Would have thought Stowmarket will be hugely successful this season.

I also notice Leiston appear to have dipped into the Spanish market with their latest signings!

Poll: Who will return first?

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:25 - Aug 2 with 2078 viewsBluefish

I definitely think we will lose more than they will spend this season. It isn't really a fair comparison.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:30 - Aug 2 with 2053 viewsITFC_Forever

Bro-in-law is GK coach there, I haven't been to see them play yet - I was going to go on Tuesday, but we called the game off.

Must get along there one day....

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:32 - Aug 2 with 2043 viewsthatdamgood89

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:30 - Aug 2 by ITFC_Forever

Bro-in-law is GK coach there, I haven't been to see them play yet - I was going to go on Tuesday, but we called the game off.

Must get along there one day....

It's a top club run by good people. I've covered them a few times for my youtube channel and I've been met with respect and treated really well each visit. Beer is good also

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Login to get fewer ads

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:32 - Aug 2 with 2039 viewsgreyhound

Think the quoted numbers are quite wide of the mark tbh but there is investment.

Stow are building both off the pitch and on it and have come an incredible way during Rick Andrews time in charge. I think that given a couple of years they will be competing at least 1 division above if not 2.

This season the task will be keeping players happy. They have already had to make some hard decisions and let some really good players go, but still start the season with 22 players, which at step 5 seems mad.

Furthermore they have some of the best players in the division in every position. Failure to get promoted this year would be quite hard on the club, so they go with a lot of pressure.

Really worth going to watch though. I think a few on here watch them occasionally, in pre season the standard of football has been exceptionally good. Despite all the names mentioned watch out for Dave cowley in midfield. Absolute baller
Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:40 - Aug 2 with 2007 viewsclive_baker

They should win the league.

Bullard’s a hell of a signing. Dunbar was £17k and on £400 a week. I played regularly 2 leagues higher than them in Ryman Prem and never got paid more than £200. Changed a lot in 5 years!

Rick Andrews is going for it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:43 - Aug 2 with 1986 viewsBluefish

Is this the non league equivalent of getting excited on sky of record transfer window spending? Make the club sustainable and it will probably last longer. Mildenhall Town is a great example of a well run club and going through ups and downs

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 13:30 - Aug 2 with 1862 viewsportmanking

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:40 - Aug 2 by clive_baker

They should win the league.

Bullard’s a hell of a signing. Dunbar was £17k and on £400 a week. I played regularly 2 leagues higher than them in Ryman Prem and never got paid more than £200. Changed a lot in 5 years!

Rick Andrews is going for it.

There's no way Stow are paying Dunbar £400 a week.

However, you are right about the £17k transfer fee. In fact, Leiston were playing hardball and didn't want to sell Dunbar to Stow.

So, Stow were prepared to give another club the £17k to sign Dunbar and then transfer him to Stow a day later! Crazy times.

I live in the town and went to see them play a dozen times last year, there's a real buzz around the club. The town could certainly sustain Step 3 football if they're getting crowds of 350+ at Step 5.
Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 13:37 - Aug 2 with 1833 viewsitfcjoe

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 13:30 - Aug 2 by portmanking

There's no way Stow are paying Dunbar £400 a week.

However, you are right about the £17k transfer fee. In fact, Leiston were playing hardball and didn't want to sell Dunbar to Stow.

So, Stow were prepared to give another club the £17k to sign Dunbar and then transfer him to Stow a day later! Crazy times.

I live in the town and went to see them play a dozen times last year, there's a real buzz around the club. The town could certainly sustain Step 3 football if they're getting crowds of 350+ at Step 5.

They are talking about Step 2 within 5 years from what I've heard

£400 seems a bit steep - players are getting £300 though, more than they were getting when playing Step 2 and 3

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 13:40 - Aug 2 with 1825 viewsportmanking

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 13:37 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

They are talking about Step 2 within 5 years from what I've heard

£400 seems a bit steep - players are getting £300 though, more than they were getting when playing Step 2 and 3

Could be true. I've actually chatted to the man behind the investment in Stowmarket Town during a game before and his drive is to make Stow the #2 team in Suffolk.

He's a rich man, sold a lot of farming land in the Woolpit/Drinkstone area and is now a horse racing owner too.
Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:32 - Aug 3 with 1620 viewsclive_baker

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 13:40 - Aug 2 by portmanking

Could be true. I've actually chatted to the man behind the investment in Stowmarket Town during a game before and his drive is to make Stow the #2 team in Suffolk.

He's a rich man, sold a lot of farming land in the Woolpit/Drinkstone area and is now a horse racing owner too.

He’s on £350 base + £50 appearance. So assuming he plays that’s £400, on a 3 year contract. It’s crazy. Absolutely mental.

A very very close friend of mine is starting in League 2 today and he’s on less than that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 14:13 - Aug 3 with 1515 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lovely little ground, that.

At a recent pre-season friendly, they had a nice little money earner...

You paid a quid for a numbered golf ball and at half time, everybody threw their balls and nearest to centre spot won half the kitty.

Poll: W or W

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 14:55 - Aug 3 with 1450 viewsitfcjoe

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 11:32 - Aug 3 by clive_baker

He’s on £350 base + £50 appearance. So assuming he plays that’s £400, on a 3 year contract. It’s crazy. Absolutely mental.

A very very close friend of mine is starting in League 2 today and he’s on less than that.

Wow, on both counts

Stowmarket Town are giving it more of a go than us this year... on 16:04 - Aug 3 with 1361 viewsParisBlue

Losing 1-0 at half time

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024