Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England victory null and void. 18:04 - Jul 15 with 3218 viewsFather_Jack

Game will have to be replayed.

Less is more.

England victory null and void. on 18:24 - Jul 15 with 3118 viewsRadlett_blue

I remember being in a huge queue outside the station after we'd beaten Liverpool 1-0 in the Fa Cup in 1975 & suddenly a load of Scousers started getting terribly excited. The gist of it was that "Ipswich's goal had been cancelled" and the game was going to be replayed.
Fortunately, I didn't believe a word of it & it was complete fantasy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

England victory null and void. on 18:42 - Jul 15 with 3017 viewsnorfsufblue

England victory null and void. on 18:24 - Jul 15 by Radlett_blue

I remember being in a huge queue outside the station after we'd beaten Liverpool 1-0 in the Fa Cup in 1975 & suddenly a load of Scousers started getting terribly excited. The gist of it was that "Ipswich's goal had been cancelled" and the game was going to be replayed.
Fortunately, I didn't believe a word of it & it was complete fantasy.

Do you know i thought i was the only Town fan to have heard that but I can tell you I was panicking that it was true and desperate to find out the truth when i got home. Unfortunately no mobile internet to check it out on the train so that became a very long anxious journey.
England victory null and void. on 18:45 - Jul 15 with 2985 viewsPJH

England victory null and void. on 18:42 - Jul 15 by norfsufblue

Do you know i thought i was the only Town fan to have heard that but I can tell you I was panicking that it was true and desperate to find out the truth when i got home. Unfortunately no mobile internet to check it out on the train so that became a very long anxious journey.

Mick Mills did leave getting that goal a bit late though didn't he?
England victory null and void. on 18:56 - Jul 15 with 2934 viewsSwansea_Blue

“– and the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they had already crossed at the instant of the throw or act.”

I know as much about this as Pickles does about what’s in the UK’s interests, but when they say instance of the throw or act, what does ‘the act’ mean? As this isn’t a straightforward overthrow, is ‘the act’ the point at which the ball hit the bat?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England victory null and void. on 19:21 - Jul 15 with 2852 viewsfactual_blue

If we'd beaten Australia, we'd never hear the end of this.

New Zealanders have more class.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

England victory null and void. on 19:43 - Jul 15 with 2757 viewsSarge

England victory null and void. on 19:21 - Jul 15 by factual_blue

Very classy indeed

‘New Zealand batsman Henry Nicholls brushed off the decision as part of the sport.

"It doesn't mean anything to us now. It's the game; things happen," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"Sometimes you get the rub of the green. England had a great tournament, they have been the dominant team for the last four years so they deserve to win it."‘
England victory null and void. on 19:43 - Jul 15 with 2752 viewsvilanovablue

The umpires may have made a mistake but it's funny it is an NZ umpire making the complaint. The decision has been made and therefore won't be overturned.
England victory null and void. on 19:45 - Jul 15 with 2735 viewsjimmyvet

Who gives a damn just enjoy the win the best team won the World Cup why do post such trash?
Login to get fewer ads

England victory null and void. on 19:52 - Jul 15 with 2719 viewsFunge

England victory null and void. on 19:43 - Jul 15 by vilanovablue

The umpires may have made a mistake but it's funny it is an NZ umpire making the complaint. The decision has been made and therefore won't be overturned.

Nah, Taufel is Aussie, and, (along with Aleem Dar) the best umpire the game has had in the last 20 years.

Compare him to the likes of the utterly lamentable Dharmasena; there's no contest at all.

Dharmasena is the Keith Stroud of international cricket.
England victory null and void. on 19:53 - Jul 15 with 2705 viewsvilanovablue

England victory null and void. on 19:52 - Jul 15 by Funge

Nah, Taufel is Aussie, and, (along with Aleem Dar) the best umpire the game has had in the last 20 years.

Compare him to the likes of the utterly lamentable Dharmasena; there's no contest at all.

Dharmasena is the Keith Stroud of international cricket.

Sorry my mistake, so probably has an even bigger axe to grind 😂😂😂
England victory null and void. on 20:09 - Jul 15 with 2626 viewsclive_baker

England victory null and void. on 19:21 - Jul 15 by factual_blue

Or, dare I say it, the boot had’ve been on the other foot? Some scouser would’ve had 300,000 signatures on an online petition for a rematch by now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

England victory null and void. on 20:12 - Jul 15 with 2627 viewsFtnfwest

The other issue with this is that there’s not a chance on earth that either of the on field umpires would have been able to monitor this. They were both running into position for a potential run out at either end at the time. Who on earth would be thinking for every such action that there’s going to be a ricochet or other intervention at the end of it and have the batsmen crossed before the throw? Therefore it could only be the assistant umpire in the replay room that could have enforced the rule. I wonder if it was written after tv assistance was introduced?
The difference in any case was that a different batsmen to stokes would have been facing (rashid) and who’s to say he wouldn’t have edged it for four next ball?
England victory null and void. on 21:05 - Jul 15 with 2387 viewsGirthyguy

Tough sh1t. About time we got lucky. Maradona hand of God springs to mind. This should be the bat of God.
England victory null and void. on 21:10 - Jul 15 with 2382 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There were some truly remarkable moments in that match:

Archer bowling the last over for 3 runs (one of them a close wide call).

Stokes being caught on the boundary when the fielder didn't appear to realise how close he was to the rope and it going for six instead.

This incident with the four overthrows.

And, of course, the whole tying the super over on top of everything. A remarkable final. And on the same day the Wimbledon men's final went to a final set tie break in the first year it was (re)introduced.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

England victory null and void. on 22:28 - Jul 16 with 1789 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just imagine the fuss on this site if India had won in that manner. There'd be all manner of ICC favouritism accusations.

Fortunately, England fans have dealt with the awkward manner of our victory very graciously.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

England victory null and void. on 22:39 - Jul 16 with 1743 viewsCoastalblue

England victory null and void. on 22:28 - Jul 16 by caught-in-limbo

Just imagine the fuss on this site if India had won in that manner. There'd be all manner of ICC favouritism accusations.

Fortunately, England fans have dealt with the awkward manner of our victory very graciously.

I'm not sure that's true to be honest, I think most English cricket fans would have just shrugged it off as par for the course.

Can't speak for the wider public though I doubt they'd have the awareness to think about India and the ICC.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

England victory null and void. on 22:53 - Jul 16 with 1695 viewsMelford

England victory null and void. on 21:05 - Jul 15 by Girthyguy

Tough sh1t. About time we got lucky. Maradona hand of God springs to mind. This should be the bat of God.

I had a look on some comments left after videos of us winning and there were people calling it "the bat of god"

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024