Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. 08:22 - Jul 3 with 2657 viewsWD19

Who do I complain to?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 8:22]
I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 08:25 - Jul 3 with 2156 viewsBigManBlue

Being obese is a perfectly valid lifestyle choice. It's absolutely heinous that people ignoring all medical fact still get ill from it in this day and age.

Now that's settled, pass me the breakfast gin.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 8:26]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 08:25 - Jul 3 with 2153 viewsGeoffSentence

Farking ridiculous isn't it, that some people should put body image issues ahead of potentially life saving messages.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 08:38 - Jul 3 with 2099 viewsBigManBlue

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 08:25 - Jul 3 by GeoffSentence

Farking ridiculous isn't it, that some people should put body image issues ahead of potentially life saving messages.

But these so-called "experts" are probably just jealous that their wives won't let them have a bargain bucket for elevensies...

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:23 - Jul 3 with 2042 viewsBlueBadger

From a professional point, it's often a tricky one.

In the morbidly obese patient group massive weight gain is often a lot more complicated than simply 'one hole is bigger than another one'. This group frequently have a host of other debilitating and it's pretty rare to find one that hasn't got a serious mental health condition or dysfunctional family setups underlying their relationship with food and their weight. Facilitating lifestyle changes can be challenging, to say the least.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 9:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:26 - Jul 3 with 2023 viewsBigManBlue

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:23 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

In the morbidly obese patient group massive weight gain is often a lot more complicated than simply 'one hole is bigger than another one'. This group frequently have a host of other debilitating and it's pretty rare to find one that hasn't got a serious mental health condition or dysfunctional family setups underlying their relationship with food and their weight. Facilitating lifestyle changes can be challenging, to say the least.

You're Dr. Nowzaradan and I claim my family pack of Mars bars.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:35 - Jul 3 with 1995 viewsBlueBadger

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:26 - Jul 3 by BigManBlue

It's an interesting field of medicine. I did a 'big lads and intensive care' study day at the arse end of last year and it turns out the busiest people on the Bariatric Medicine team at Addies are the psychologists. The surgeons, nominally the clinical leads for the team, are essentially just plumbers performing relevant surgeries and little else.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:35 - Jul 3 with 1992 viewshampstead_blue

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:23 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

Well said.

Whilst you can tax the heck out of so called unhealthy stuff, you ought to also be investing massively in changing minds and behaviours when it comes to cooking.

Cooking from fresh is so cheap and easy. If we can get a new generation doing that then a lot of other things can benefit.

It's not a panacea but it's a start.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:45 - Jul 3 with 1979 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:35 - Jul 3 by hampstead_blue

Well said.

Whilst you can tax the heck out of so called unhealthy stuff, you ought to also be investing massively in changing minds and behaviours when it comes to cooking.

Cooking from fresh is so cheap and easy. If we can get a new generation doing that then a lot of other things can benefit.

It's not a panacea but it's a start.

I'm quite staggered that the people who educate the country seem so ingrained in an out of date curriculum.

At school I got an A* for French and an A for German. I also did Latin and dropped it. I cannot even remember more than a handful of French and German words now and have visited both countries for no more than about 8 weeks in total in my adult life.

My younger siblings were made to study it, hours and hours per week and have done nothing with it. Now my kids are learning both as well.

My mum was taught to cook in school. She passed it down to us and we've passed it down to our kids. But their mates are genuinely amazed they can cook as none of them can. They can't use a washing machine, an iron and don't venture much beyond a toaster.

So little is taught about food, the thing that helps keep us alive, in schools. Kids should be leaving with a perfect understanding of nutrition, fats, lifestyle choices and how to prepare food and cook. They do it in lots of other countries, especially Scandanavia I believe, and I am sure there are studies to show countries that educate kids on this have far less obesity and strain on the health system through other related conditions.

If people want to live or work in France or Germany or Spain then they can learn the language just like they do if they choose to move to Poland, China, Portugal or Holland.

We are bringing through millions of uneducated kids on what to put in their bodies for the sake of teaching them to ask a French person if they could have two beers and a cheese sandwich. Absolutely insane.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:47 - Jul 3 with 1971 viewsBlueBadger

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:45 - Jul 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I'm quite staggered that the people who educate the country seem so ingrained in an out of date curriculum.

At school I got an A* for French and an A for German. I also did Latin and dropped it. I cannot even remember more than a handful of French and German words now and have visited both countries for no more than about 8 weeks in total in my adult life.

My younger siblings were made to study it, hours and hours per week and have done nothing with it. Now my kids are learning both as well.

My mum was taught to cook in school. She passed it down to us and we've passed it down to our kids. But their mates are genuinely amazed they can cook as none of them can. They can't use a washing machine, an iron and don't venture much beyond a toaster.

So little is taught about food, the thing that helps keep us alive, in schools. Kids should be leaving with a perfect understanding of nutrition, fats, lifestyle choices and how to prepare food and cook. They do it in lots of other countries, especially Scandanavia I believe, and I am sure there are studies to show countries that educate kids on this have far less obesity and strain on the health system through other related conditions.

If people want to live or work in France or Germany or Spain then they can learn the language just like they do if they choose to move to Poland, China, Portugal or Holland.

We are bringing through millions of uneducated kids on what to put in their bodies for the sake of teaching them to ask a French person if they could have two beers and a cheese sandwich. Absolutely insane.

To an extent that's driven by successive governments' education policy and the obsession with inspecting, testing and ranking. Holistic education is the first thing to go out of the window. It's also why we're struggling as a nation with essential skills such as being able to read and view media critically.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 9:54]

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:55 - Jul 3 with 1950 viewsLKW15

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:26 - Jul 3 by BigManBlue

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:57 - Jul 3 with 1940 viewswkj

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:55 - Jul 3 by LKW15

I lose this every workday at 1030

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:58 - Jul 3 with 1941 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:47 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

To an extent that's driven by successive governments' education policy and the obsession with inspecting, testing and ranking. Holistic education is the first thing to go out of the window. It's also why we're struggling as a nation with essential skills such as being able to read and view media critically.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 9:54]

Consider how much the world has changed in the last 30-40 years and everything that we have learned since then in terms of medicine and science, the internet, technology, how multi-cultural we now are.

Then look at how much the curriculum has changed. We are just learning French on an iPad now instead. Not learning the vital skills that are fit for purpose these days.

In fairness kids learn a bit of computer code, but that just replaces being able to make a bottle opener or wooden spatula in DT. Actual useful life skills, cooking, (even sewing), woodwork and so on just get replaced, whilst stuff that's largely irrelevant like doing two or three languages (why not just one if it's essential) carry on in stone.

Kids should be learning how to seek facts for themselves and not to rely on something that's posted on Facebook, how to look after their bodies nutritionally and how not to be a massive douche by trolling people online.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:59 - Jul 3 with 1933 viewsBlueBadger

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:58 - Jul 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Consider how much the world has changed in the last 30-40 years and everything that we have learned since then in terms of medicine and science, the internet, technology, how multi-cultural we now are.

Then look at how much the curriculum has changed. We are just learning French on an iPad now instead. Not learning the vital skills that are fit for purpose these days.

In fairness kids learn a bit of computer code, but that just replaces being able to make a bottle opener or wooden spatula in DT. Actual useful life skills, cooking, (even sewing), woodwork and so on just get replaced, whilst stuff that's largely irrelevant like doing two or three languages (why not just one if it's essential) carry on in stone.

Kids should be learning how to seek facts for themselves and not to rely on something that's posted on Facebook, how to look after their bodies nutritionally and how not to be a massive douche by trolling people online.

SUQ.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:05 - Jul 3 with 1920 viewsfactual_blue

Good to see your NHS trust is providing excellent leadership in this sphere.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/suffolk-and-essex-hospital-trust-under-fire-for-cake

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:06 - Jul 3 with 1920 viewschicoazul

If there is one stark difference between "Boris" and New Dave it's that "Boris" wants to take taxes away from things that are killing poor people making it even easier for them to go on killing themselves, while New Dave at least is suggesting taxing the manufacturers of said things.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:10 - Jul 3 with 1902 viewsBlueBadger

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:05 - Jul 3 by factual_blue

Good to see your NHS trust is providing excellent leadership in this sphere.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/suffolk-and-essex-hospital-trust-under-fire-for-cake

The picture is an accurate representation of how big the cake the Efficient and Value For Money Private Sector company made.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:13 - Jul 3 with 1887 viewsfactual_blue

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:10 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

The picture is an accurate representation of how big the cake the Efficient and Value For Money Private Sector company made.

Did it taste nice?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:16 - Jul 3 with 1880 viewsSteve_M

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:06 - Jul 3 by chicoazul

If there is one stark difference between "Boris" and New Dave it's that "Boris" wants to take taxes away from things that are killing poor people making it even easier for them to go on killing themselves, while New Dave at least is suggesting taxing the manufacturers of said things.

Is this a different Boris to the one who, as Mayor of London, introduced a sugar tax and banned alcohol consumption on public transport?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:18 - Jul 3 with 1867 viewsBlueBadger

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:16 - Jul 3 by Steve_M

Is this a different Boris to the one who, as Mayor of London, introduced a sugar tax and banned alcohol consumption on public transport?

Yeah, but now he's trying to appeal to 'the nanny state is ruining everything' Tory party members rather than the wishy-washy book-reading metropolitan librul elite.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:22 - Jul 3 with 1851 viewschicoazul

ha!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:49 - Jul 3 with 1796 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Is the sugar tax only applicable in London then?

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 11:01 - Jul 3 with 1776 viewshampstead_blue

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 10:06 - Jul 3 by chicoazul

reminds me of the scene from 'Whoops Apocolypse' when Peter Cooke, the insane PM encourages people to commit suicide by jumping of Beachy Head.......

2 mins 31 secs......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 11:08 - Jul 3 with 1765 viewsflimflam

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 09:45 - Jul 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I agree. Why do they still teach German? French I kinda understand as spoken in several countries.

Surely Spanish should be the default primary language taught in schools as widely spoken.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 11:09 - Jul 3 with 1763 viewschicoazul

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 11:08 - Jul 3 by flimflam

I agree. Why do they still teach German? French I kinda understand as spoken in several countries.

Surely Spanish should be the default primary language taught in schools as widely spoken.

If widely spoken is the criteria then they should all learn Mandarin.

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 11:11 - Jul 3 with 1756 viewsflimflam

I see cancer has been ‘fat shaming’ this morning. on 11:09 - Jul 3 by chicoazul

If widely spoken is the criteria then they should all learn Mandarin.

Well yes but pretty much confined to one country.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024