Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Transfer Targets 17:30 - Apr 15 with 4519 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nothing more than a read, had fun divulging the bosman free market.

Free Agent Market:

James Norwood:
The heavily linked centre forward has seen his current tally of 29 goals surpass his National League season tally of 17/18 of 23 goals, indicating his ability as a natural goal scorer to be able to score at higher levels. Seemingly single handily firing Tranmere into 5th in League Two with the 3rd highest goal scorer at the club recording only 6 goals this season, his contract in up in the summer and the possibility of making the step up to a ‘bigger’ club may turn his head at 28 years old. The lower league goal getter has racked up an impressive 78 goals in 156 apps for Tranmere (1 in every 2) and may just be the answer to Town’s striking woes.

Tom Eaves:
He may not be the prettiest striker in the world, but in recent times you know what you get from Tom Eaves, and that’s goals. The 6 foot 5 inch centre forward has racked up 20 goals this season to add to his 18 last campaign. Lambert has commonly operated with a big man leading the line, and during his successful spell at Nodge using the diamond worked wonders using a front two of Holt and Jackson with Hoolahan in the no.10. If we operate at with a front 2 next season, (4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2) the use of Eaves and Norwood in League 1 could be quite the pair, especially with Judge playing around them.

Hiram Boateng:
Just behind James Norwood, Boateng would be one of my key signings this summer. The 23 year old defensive midfielder is out of contract in the summer, and looks set to move on from Exeter City. The Crystal Palace academy product is now the stand out player in the Exeter team with Ollie Watkins moving on last year, and Jayden Stockley moving in January. In the Exeter team he is described as having “pace, power and physical presence that no one in the squad can replicate”. Has long array of passing from holding midfield, currently lacks consistency but at 23 years can be forgiven for still learning the game. Undoubtedly one of the best technically gifted players in the league and is a good opportunity for Town to snap up such a talented player on a free.

Graham Carey:
The acquisition of Graham Carey from Plymouth would purely depend upon the approach Lambert has for Town going forward. During his successful tenure up the road Lambert operated with a 4-3-1-2 or “the diamond”, something that has not been unfamiliar to Town this season with one of the seasons high performance against Derby seeing the “the diamond” being deployed. If Lambert suspects we will have much more dominance in League 1, letting teams react to our tactical approach then Graham Carey has no role in the 4-3-1-2. Whilst he has often operated in the no.10 role at Plymouth he is merely not on the same level as Alan Judge for that position. However, if a 4-2-3-1 is used then Graham Carey would slot lovely into the left midfield role in a fluid 3 behind a central striker. 19 goals and 27 over the last 2 seasons symbolises a man who influences games from the wide left area.

Chuks Aneke:
The 6 feet 3 inch striker or attacking midfielder is a product of the Arsenal youth academy. Spending two years during 14-16 in the Belgium Pro League the 25 year old has now matured back in English football at MK Dons. The attacking player predominantly plays off Kieran Agard and rarely leads the line solo. The previously linked forward thinking player has stepped up from 10 goals and 10 assists last campaign to now have reached 18 goals and 3 assists already this term. If in comparison, he can be similarly linked to the former Walsall man Romain Sawyers now plying his trade at Brentford.

Luke O’Neil:
The Gills Right Back has been influential to Gillingham’s attacking play since joining them back in 2017. The former Leicester academy graduate has contributed with 4 goals and 5 assists this campaign as well as 3 goals and 8 assists last campaign. A common provider for Tom Eaves the 27 year old has largely spent his career in League 1 amounting to 129 League 1 appearances with an impressive 17 assists in his time in League 1. The Burnley man, and England youth international could certainly be what we need in a very weak Right Back position.

Conor Mclaughlin:
The Millwall Right Back has had limited opportunities this season, only racking up 7 appearances whilst largely playing understudy to the ever impressing Mahlon Romeo. The Millwall Right Back’s contract is up in the summer and no word so far has been made on a new deal for the player. McLaughlin has bundles of lower league experience whilst racking up over 200 appearances at his time with Fleetwood. Adding to this Mclaughlin has amounted to 34 international caps for Northern Ireland but has not been a regular started for Millwall this season having joined them in 2017 has only amounted to 30 championship appareances. However, at only 27 his experience could prove vital to a defensive line that has lacked real performance levels and leadership throughout this season.

Jordan Willis:
The Coventry City versatile defender (CB/RB) will likely depart during the summer. Although a Coventry graduate at 24 years old he is probably looking to make the next step in his career. Whilst some whispers on the internet suggest Championship clubs will look at Willis, nothing looks concrete to support this. Willis is a quick, strong leader at Coventry, now captaining the side in League 1.

Callum Elder: (Loan)
The left back has had a tough gig at Ipswich Town since joining in January, with only 2 Championship appearances and 1 FA Cup outing, his time has largely been blighted by injury here. However with Knudsen inevitably moving on this summer Town will be looking for stern competition for Kenlock. Elder has featured in a successful League 1 promotion campaign at Wigan in 17/18, which could prove vitally important with the hectic schedule that League 1 entails. With his contract up next summer, a successful season long loan at Town next campaign could see him earn a permanent spot here next summer.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

My Transfer Targets on 17:33 - Apr 15 with 4467 viewsJ2BLUE

I doubt we'll waste one of our '1-2' loans on Elder.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Transfer Targets on 17:33 - Apr 15 with 4473 viewsMullet

Norwood seems likely, I'd welcome Eaves though personally.

Boateng at Exeter seemed an amazing fall from grace when we drew them, I'd assumed he was on loan or something. Think central midfield is where we need someone 28-30 at least who can just boot teams out of the way of our more creative and frail talent.

I think Elder has no chance of coming back here and why would he? I'd rather have Nydam pushing Kenlock for LB and see him Clements or another can come through too. Spend the money on the likes of Keane would be a more likelier route to success for me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My Transfer Targets on 17:34 - Apr 15 with 4474 viewsTractorCam

My personal favourite is how a 23 year old league 2 CDM who lacks consistency would be one of your key signings.

Just poking, I think he's decent and would be a good squad player. Norwood should be the main target.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

My Transfer Targets on 17:52 - Apr 15 with 4381 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 17:33 - Apr 15 by J2BLUE

I doubt we'll waste one of our '1-2' loans on Elder.

I see us using them on a left back and goalkeeper.

The bosman free market for left backs was very weak. With only Mal Benning from Mansfield being a possibility, and he’d be little more than a steady understudy for Kenlock.

My Transfer Targets on 17:55 - Apr 15 with 4372 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 17:34 - Apr 15 by TractorCam

My personal favourite is how a 23 year old league 2 CDM who lacks consistency would be one of your key signings.

Just poking, I think he's decent and would be a good squad player. Norwood should be the main target.

Sounds daft, but is actually true. Matt Taylor himself described as one of the league very best but is still inconsistent. But releastically with us targeting young and upcoming players he certainly fits the mould of forging into a fine player.

Norwood likewise is the no.1 target, a natural goal scorer in the lower leagues could go a long way for us next year.

My Transfer Targets on 17:59 - Apr 15 with 4342 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 17:33 - Apr 15 by Mullet

Norwood seems likely, I'd welcome Eaves though personally.

Boateng at Exeter seemed an amazing fall from grace when we drew them, I'd assumed he was on loan or something. Think central midfield is where we need someone 28-30 at least who can just boot teams out of the way of our more creative and frail talent.

I think Elder has no chance of coming back here and why would he? I'd rather have Nydam pushing Kenlock for LB and see him Clements or another can come through too. Spend the money on the likes of Keane would be a more likelier route to success for me.

Eaves and Norwood could be a useful pairing, big man little man. Would like Luke O’Neill from Gillingham as well, an important contributer for the Gills from Right Back.

Agree in terms of central midfield, haven’t had a ‘heavy hitter’ since N’Dawwww.

Boateng fills the spot in terms of physical presence, and has some guile with his passing ability. But as stated, his inconsistency has been his biggest drawback so far, but his ability is certainly there.

My Transfer Targets on 18:12 - Apr 15 with 4250 viewsfooters

Joe Allen.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

My Transfer Targets on 18:18 - Apr 15 with 4223 viewshampstead_blue

Thanks for the profiles.

I do feel that this season we signed a few players from the lower leagues for a fair few £'s.
Will it work again?

No idea.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

My Transfer Targets on 18:26 - Apr 15 with 4190 viewsJamestownPrince

Good post

Bright Enobackhair or whatever hes called, on loan from Wolves, has lit up Coventry's attack recently.

Andy Cook of Walsall might be cheap - if we can't afford Norwoods wages
My Transfer Targets on 18:32 - Apr 15 with 4164 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 18:18 - Apr 15 by hampstead_blue

Thanks for the profiles.

I do feel that this season we signed a few players from the lower leagues for a fair few £'s.
Will it work again?

No idea.

All players I included would be bowman free, and subsequently wouldn’t cost a transfer fee, but of course would still require a salary.

But with a couple of players of our own out contract in the summer, as well as a possible sale or two. It could possibly lead to a bit more funds being available.

My Transfer Targets on 20:55 - Apr 15 with 3898 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 18:26 - Apr 15 by JamestownPrince

Good post

Bright Enobackhair or whatever hes called, on loan from Wolves, has lit up Coventry's attack recently.

Andy Cook of Walsall might be cheap - if we can't afford Norwoods wages

Two good suggestions.

However Andy Cook was the partner who played alongside Norwood last season at Tranmere before moving on a free transfer to Walsall, scored a good amount of goals last season at Tranmere. However, he is under contract until 2020 and would obviously mean a fee for him which is something I can't see happening this summer.

In regards to Bright Enobakhare, you're right he is a very very good footballer, and is indeed out of contract in the summer at Wolves, but I believe they have a 12 month option which hasn't bee triggered yet. Has only scored 5 goals this season which is why I wasn't as sure about him. However, his performances levels have been at the highest levels in recent weeks, and Robins (Coventry manager) said after the Sunderland game this weekend;

“Enobakhare is just unbelievable on the ball,” said the one-time Manchester United defender. “He went through and you could see from minute one today that he was ready for the game."
“He got into a great position and opened his body up but also the accuracy and to put it beyond the goalkeeper with power and precision was outstanding.”

Enobakhare is only 21 years old, and maybe in a more creative side would score a lot more goals. A great shout!!

My Transfer Targets on 21:59 - Apr 15 with 3713 viewstractorboy1978

My Transfer Targets on 20:55 - Apr 15 by TheTrueBlue1878

Two good suggestions.

However Andy Cook was the partner who played alongside Norwood last season at Tranmere before moving on a free transfer to Walsall, scored a good amount of goals last season at Tranmere. However, he is under contract until 2020 and would obviously mean a fee for him which is something I can't see happening this summer.

In regards to Bright Enobakhare, you're right he is a very very good footballer, and is indeed out of contract in the summer at Wolves, but I believe they have a 12 month option which hasn't bee triggered yet. Has only scored 5 goals this season which is why I wasn't as sure about him. However, his performances levels have been at the highest levels in recent weeks, and Robins (Coventry manager) said after the Sunderland game this weekend;

“Enobakhare is just unbelievable on the ball,” said the one-time Manchester United defender. “He went through and you could see from minute one today that he was ready for the game."
“He got into a great position and opened his body up but also the accuracy and to put it beyond the goalkeeper with power and precision was outstanding.”

Enobakhare is only 21 years old, and maybe in a more creative side would score a lot more goals. A great shout!!

And a player you'd imagine Lambert is well aware of given his spell at Wolves.
My Transfer Targets on 22:03 - Apr 15 with 3694 viewsElderGrizzly

For me, it all depends does Lambert buy for L1 as a (hopefully) 1 season signing or buy with the idea players can step up?
My Transfer Targets on 22:50 - Apr 15 with 3521 viewsITFC_Forever

Hiram Boateng - defensive midfielder, then you say okay him behind Norwood, hope he’s good at playing both points of a diamond at the same time.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

My Transfer Targets on 23:23 - Apr 15 with 3423 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 21:59 - Apr 15 by tractorboy1978

And a player you'd imagine Lambert is well aware of given his spell at Wolves.

Of course, didn’t even correlate that given his short tenure there but I’m sure he’ll be well aware of him.

Believe he is quite versatile, can operate off the wings, second striker or a centre forward as well. It’s a really good shout if he becomes available on a free.

My Transfer Targets on 00:03 - Apr 16 with 3329 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 22:50 - Apr 15 by ITFC_Forever

Hiram Boateng - defensive midfielder, then you say okay him behind Norwood, hope he’s good at playing both points of a diamond at the same time.

No. Behind Norwood as in Norwood would be my no.1 target, Boateng just behind him in no.2

My Transfer Targets on 00:07 - Apr 16 with 3319 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

My Transfer Targets on 22:03 - Apr 15 by ElderGrizzly

For me, it all depends does Lambert buy for L1 as a (hopefully) 1 season signing or buy with the idea players can step up?

Would imagine there will be 5 or 6 signings this summer.

Depends if course, but if we are cute about our signings we can sign with the intention we will return to the Championship.

So as an example Conor McLaughlin, has Chmapionship experience, League 1 experience and international but has just fallen away this season.

Norwood imo opinion will score goals at any of the 3 leagues outside the Premiership.

And Boateng is an emerging talent.

So really it’s hard to pack all signings as one circumstance because everyone circumstance and stage of career will be different.

My Transfer Targets on 09:04 - Apr 16 with 3088 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Decent list. I watch Shrewsbury fairly often and Fejiri Okenabirhie would be a great signing.
He didnt even feature for most of the season and got 15 goals in 30 starts for the Shrews.

Gus Uhlenbeek

My Transfer Targets on 09:30 - Apr 16 with 3011 viewsrickw

I agree seems like a decent list of players who do the roles we'll need.

I think the big tough tackling midfielder is a must if we want to get the best out of the likes of Bishop and Dozzell. I don't know much about Hiram Boateng, I'd like us to go for Semi Ajayi from Rotherham - however this would only be possible if they get relegated too.
He's a 6"4 holding midfielder/centre back who's scored 8 goals so far this season, he seems near unbeatable in the air and with a powerful long range shot and won the March Championship player of the month.
I imagine there'll be Championship clubs after him too and he would cost us money but could be someone who would make a big difference, but if we can get set pieces right in both boxes that'll go a long way to a successful season next year.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024