Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? 08:53 - Jul 27 with 3139 viewsartsbossbeard

It's early morning and I'm just sipping my first coffee of the day (Americano with skimmed milk, coffee fans) and I've just read the following:

“I think here he probably hasn’t scored too many goals but I don’t really see why he can add that to his game,” Hurst reflected. “I watch him on the training pitch, again sometimes it’s just believing in yourself, taking that chance."

It's not quite right, is it?

Also, looking at the comments, I'm glad to see that Mick's getting the blame.

#letitgo

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:54 - Jul 27 with 2756 viewsReuser_is_God

I think the can should be can't

A typo from our very own PH I'd imagine.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:55 - Jul 27 with 2747 viewsartsbossbeard

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:54 - Jul 27 by Reuser_is_God

I think the can should be can't

A typo from our very own PH I'd imagine.

Phil out.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:55 - Jul 27 with 2745 viewsGuthrum

Think there's a 't missing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:57 - Jul 27 with 2718 viewsclive_baker

It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly why he’s not scored more, it’s probably a combination of reasons. He started life at Town promisingly, had a wonderful debut away at Millwall. More recently he’s had linited opportunity, and when he has played he’s largely been in a side that’s not created an awful lot or he’s been played out of position. No doubt there’s a confidence issue there too, but a goal or 2 will fix that. I think he’s a decent player, but not a great deal more than that. Handy squad player.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:57 - Jul 27 with 2713 viewsartsbossbeard

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:55 - Jul 27 by Guthrum

Think there's a 't missing.

I won't lie, I need my PH quotes clear & concise before 9am otherwise I'll struggle.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:00 - Jul 27 with 2684 viewsPhilTWTD

Should be can't not can. Amended.
PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:00 - Jul 27 with 2682 viewsWD19

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:55 - Jul 27 by artsbossbeard

Phil out.

Would never have happened under Mick......
PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:01 - Jul 27 with 2678 viewsReuser_is_God

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:57 - Jul 27 by clive_baker

It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly why he’s not scored more, it’s probably a combination of reasons. He started life at Town promisingly, had a wonderful debut away at Millwall. More recently he’s had linited opportunity, and when he has played he’s largely been in a side that’s not created an awful lot or he’s been played out of position. No doubt there’s a confidence issue there too, but a goal or 2 will fix that. I think he’s a decent player, but not a great deal more than that. Handy squad player.

After he joined in January 15 he was arguably our best player in the second half of that season & he started the following season on fire, think he'd scored 5 goals by the end of August?

Then a combination of Mick trying to shoe horn in as many strikers he could & Fraser getting injured meant Sears was played out wide & he has been on the decline ever since.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:04 - Jul 27 with 2636 viewsGeoffSentence

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:00 - Jul 27 by WD19

Would never have happened under Mick......

Mick wouldn't have put up with that kind of misrepresentation, Phil would get slapped down. I will be looking to see how Hurst deals with this at the next presser.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:05 - Jul 27 with 2604 viewsartsbossbeard

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:04 - Jul 27 by GeoffSentence

Mick wouldn't have put up with that kind of misrepresentation, Phil would get slapped down. I will be looking to see how Hurst deals with this at the next presser.

Crossed arms and evil stares towards Phil, I'd imagine.

Oh, and a seat in the doorway area.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:06 - Jul 27 with 2593 viewsPinewoodblue

Looks like Phil has corrected it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:06 - Jul 27 with 2593 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think it is clear what happened.

MM decided he needed to use him as a hard-working wide player rather than an attacking striker. He was clearly pleased with eth role he performed because he kept playing him.

This does not fit with what Hurst wants and I can see him using him effectively as the sort of striker he was when he first arrived and was successful.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:10 - Jul 27 with 2562 viewsitfcjoe

I think the main issue is he isn't a very good finisher - when he has time to think about a chance he generally misses.

Maybe playing out wide means his chances are coming in when he has more time to think about it? Rather than through the middle where there are more bodies and it is more instinctive.

For all talk of Mick ruining him - in that first season out wide (2015/16) he ended up with 6 goals and 9 assists.....and missed 4-5 absolute nailed on sitters before you even talk about half chances etc. Could easily have finished a season from wide with 10 goals and 9 assists which is a brilliant return.

I personally think he'd be better suited for us playing out wide, but doing so with less defensive responsibilites under Hurst. Playing as a lone striker doesn't suit him, as whilst he makes decent runs, they are all into positions where he can't and doesn't do any damage.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:12 - Jul 27 with 2532 viewsartsbossbeard

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:06 - Jul 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

MM decided he needed to use him as a hard-working wide player rather than an attacking striker. He was clearly pleased with eth role he performed because he kept playing him.

This does not fit with what Hurst wants and I can see him using him effectively as the sort of striker he was when he first arrived and was successful.

I honestly believe that it's Freddie's ability to play in a number of positions that has been his downfall to date.

I think he's a great pro and I also make PH right that he's got to be a bit more selfish at times. Looks like PH likes him too.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:13 - Jul 27 with 2521 viewsclive_baker

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:06 - Jul 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would’ve thought he’ll spend more of his time on the bench than on the pitch.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 2481 viewsMullet

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:10 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

I think the main issue is he isn't a very good finisher - when he has time to think about a chance he generally misses.

Maybe playing out wide means his chances are coming in when he has more time to think about it? Rather than through the middle where there are more bodies and it is more instinctive.

For all talk of Mick ruining him - in that first season out wide (2015/16) he ended up with 6 goals and 9 assists.....and missed 4-5 absolute nailed on sitters before you even talk about half chances etc. Could easily have finished a season from wide with 10 goals and 9 assists which is a brilliant return.

I personally think he'd be better suited for us playing out wide, but doing so with less defensive responsibilites under Hurst. Playing as a lone striker doesn't suit him, as whilst he makes decent runs, they are all into positions where he can't and doesn't do any damage.

I agree with this. Too much is also made of Freddie's scoring record because of that purple patch when the team was flying.

There are some parallels with Ward but he gets away with less scrutiny because he's younger and a midfielder primarily.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:25 - Jul 27 with 2410 viewsMullet

Also, have you brought those shoes I found for you yet?

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:26 - Jul 27 with 2401 viewsartsbossbeard

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:25 - Jul 27 by Mullet

Also, have you brought those shoes I found for you yet?

They hurt my eyes.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:26 - Jul 27 with 2401 viewsEireannach_gorm

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:00 - Jul 27 by PhilTWTD

Should be can't not can. Amended.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:29 - Jul 27 with 2373 viewsMullet

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:26 - Jul 27 by artsbossbeard

They hurt my eyes.

Put them on your feet. Silly boy.

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:30 - Jul 27 with 2356 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He had the confidence when he joined us.

Playing ou of position and not scoring will have affected his confidence.

Lets hope PH can get the best out of him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:47 - Jul 27 with 2282 viewssolemio

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 08:55 - Jul 27 by artsbossbeard

Phil out.

Disgraceful. He should be working.

A first warning from Mark TWTD, I would imagine.
PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:49 - Jul 27 with 2268 viewssolemio

Mick made his comments in perfect iambic pentameter. Standards are falling.
on 09:54 - Jul 27 with 2240 views_

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 09:10 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

PH's comment on Sears doesn't scan? on 11:19 - Jul 27 with 2130 viewsurbanblue

Coffee should never be drunk with skimmed milk!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024