Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this where we say well done to the 51%? 08:34 - Apr 18 with 27132 viewsElderGrizzly

Each of the government’s four Brexit scenarios, including a bespoke deal, would leave Britain poorer and cost the taxpayer hundreds of millions of pounds each week, analysis has shown.

The study for the thinktank Global Future by Jonathan Portes, a professor of economics and public policy at King’s College, London, found that a bespoke deal, the government’s preferred option, would have a net negative fiscal impact of about £40bn a year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/18/each-brexit-scenario-will-leave
Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:36 - Apr 18 with 8361 viewsfactual_blue

BUT WEEVE TAYKERN BAK CONTROLL

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:38 - Apr 18 with 8351 viewsitfcjoe

Get behind your country

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:40 - Apr 18 with 8328 viewsfactual_blue

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:38 - Apr 18 by itfcjoe

Get behind your country

Get your country behind.

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:41 - Apr 18 with 8329 viewsHerbivore

They won, we lost. Get over it. Remoaning snowflake.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:44 - Apr 18 with 8320 viewsfactual_blue

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:41 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

They won, we lost. Get over it. Remoaning snowflake.

Absolutely -- he's just being arrogant. Using soundly-based academic research and all that. Experts should be made illegal.

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:45 - Apr 18 with 8317 viewshype313

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:38 - Apr 18 by itfcjoe

Get behind your country

This is where this goes ten pages, but I'm not patriotic one iota, I just happen to be born in the UK, but I have no great passion for all things British, in fact the Royal family mean as much to me as the Danish Royal family, I'm completely ambivalent towards the national team of any sorts, couldn't give two monkeys in major tournaments.

So this Brexit theme of getting our country back is quite baffling to me. Getting it back from whom?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:48 - Apr 18 with 8281 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If only the institution had been worth voting for......too pro globalisation, at the expense of Mr and Mrs Average Bod for me.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:52 - Apr 18 with 8280 viewsitfcjoe

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:45 - Apr 18 by hype313

This is where this goes ten pages, but I'm not patriotic one iota, I just happen to be born in the UK, but I have no great passion for all things British, in fact the Royal family mean as much to me as the Danish Royal family, I'm completely ambivalent towards the national team of any sorts, couldn't give two monkeys in major tournaments.

So this Brexit theme of getting our country back is quite baffling to me. Getting it back from whom?

With regards to the first paragraph, I'd say I'm quite the opposite - very patriotic and proud to be English, would support England in tiddlywinks if I was watching it etc.

But the second is spot on - getting it back from who? Presumably people just want it to go back to the 70s which are looked back upon with rose tinted specs.

I do think there has been too much low quality EU immigration - I don't think it's healthy for anyones economy to bring across over qualified people to do menial jobs that anyone can do. Also there is too much EU immigration with regards to skilled labour - again it isn't good to nick all qualified staff from other EU countries to prop up our health service at the expense of theirs.

But when you look at non-EU immigration, it's as plain as the nose on your face that coming out of the EU isn't going to stop or cut down on immigration - there isn't going to be a points based system, we aren't opening our borders to the world etc. The government are pretending to shut them to appease Little Englanders but they will remain as open as they were because they have set the country up to rely too heavily on immigration with poor education systems and a lack of training and aspiration to get qualified to do jobs. The problem with brexit will be that it will make us a far less attraction destination.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:52 - Apr 18 with 8277 viewsHerbivore

From them Europeans.

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:53 - Apr 18 with 8271 viewshype313

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:52 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

From them Europeans.

What have they nicked?

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:53 - Apr 18 with 8274 viewsFtnfwest

Yes because we won't bother doing trade deals with the rest of the world
Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:58 - Apr 18 with 8253 viewsGeoffSentence

From The Germans. They run the whole show by gad. Dashed it they don't.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:59 - Apr 18 with 8246 viewsDarth_Koont

From reality.

Time to go full on jingo.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:00 - Apr 18 with 8238 viewsfactual_blue

Stop being arrogant.

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:03 - Apr 18 with 8224 viewsCurrie10

How about you have a pop at the millions who didn't vote.................

Ah remainers, bitter until the end of human creation.................
Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:06 - Apr 18 with 8207 viewsGuthrum

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:53 - Apr 18 by Ftnfwest

Yes because we won't bother doing trade deals with the rest of the world

The rest of the world is mostly a long way away. Not an hour on the ferry without even having to take the container off the lorry.

Few of the countries are large enough to generate significant trade and those which are (the USA and China, mostly) have suddenly gone all protectionist.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:07 - Apr 18 with 8209 viewsCurrie10

You do realise if it was a remain vote - something I feel sure it would have been had the government not spent £9 mill doing a leaflet campaign telling everyone how important it is to remain - a grave error on the remain campaign...

That we'd be staying on much worse terms than before and be severely punished for remaining.

There is not a cats chance in hell if say it was an emphatic 72% remain, the other countries would collectively say ' YAY the UK is staying our savior is back ' - it's clearly going to be much more a ' you dared to upset the apple cart, of course you can stay, however on THESE conditions '.

Just my opinion of course.
Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:07 - Apr 18 with 8199 viewshype313

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:00 - Apr 18 by factual_blue

Stop being arrogant.

Isn't that a pre- requisite in order to post on here?

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:10 - Apr 18 with 8187 viewsGuthrum

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:48 - Apr 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

If only the institution had been worth voting for......too pro globalisation, at the expense of Mr and Mrs Average Bod for me.

Mr Average Bod who has always benefitted from globalisation? Even at the height of Britain's economic strength, between about 1700 and 1975, it was global trade which fuelled it, providing jobs and the goods to improve standards of living.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:12 - Apr 18 with 8181 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:03 - Apr 18 by Currie10

How about you have a pop at the millions who didn't vote.................

Ah remainers, bitter until the end of human creation.................

Yes, I'm bitter at decisions being taken by those who didn't know the facts and still don't want to know them.

I'm odd like that.

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:15 - Apr 18 with 8163 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:06 - Apr 18 by Guthrum

The rest of the world is mostly a long way away. Not an hour on the ferry without even having to take the container off the lorry.

Few of the countries are large enough to generate significant trade and those which are (the USA and China, mostly) have suddenly gone all protectionist.

There may be barriers to trading with other countries / continents, but distance isn’t one of them.
It is very cheap and quick to send goods right around the world. What we are really talking about here is the effect on the city of London
Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 8156 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:07 - Apr 18 by Currie10

You do realise if it was a remain vote - something I feel sure it would have been had the government not spent £9 mill doing a leaflet campaign telling everyone how important it is to remain - a grave error on the remain campaign...

That we'd be staying on much worse terms than before and be severely punished for remaining.

There is not a cats chance in hell if say it was an emphatic 72% remain, the other countries would collectively say ' YAY the UK is staying our savior is back ' - it's clearly going to be much more a ' you dared to upset the apple cart, of course you can stay, however on THESE conditions '.

Absolute nonsense. The EU would have changed our EXISTING membership because we had a vote and decided to stay!?? And you seriously believe that!??

This is the problem with the Brexit debate: People are living in a fecking dream world and voting/stating their case accordingly.

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 8147 viewsHerbivore

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 08:53 - Apr 18 by hype313

What have they nicked?

Are country!!!!

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:17 - Apr 18 with 8144 viewschicoazul

Given that we are constantly told that Remain voters are urbane middle-class wealthy (relatively) sophisticates and Leave are the opposite, what does it matter? The "poor and stupid" have voted to get poorer and Remain can afford it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:19 - Apr 18 with 8132 viewsHerbivore

Is this where we say well done to the 51%? on 09:07 - Apr 18 by Currie10

Your opinion is b0llocks. How do you propose they would have been able to change the terms of our membership unilaterally because we had a referendum? You're an utter fantasist and typical of the numbskull Brexiters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024