Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under what circumstances would you accept Evans 16:22 - Mar 26 with 3230 viewsCheltenham_Blue

sticking with McCarthy?

As I am genuinely beginning to feel that this is the way everything is headed. Evans will undoubtedly give reassurances that significant funds are to be made available.

If he was going to bin MM off I'm sure that he would of done it over the international break, it was the perfect opportunity.

So, with proper funding I would accept MM staying as that would be our best bet for a relatively quick promotion, but thats the only way.
If the budget is going to remain the same I'd rather have someone who will play entertaining football and bring the kids on.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:28 - Mar 26 with 3201 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'd struggle if MM stayed now, whatever the circumstances. Not sure the football, or attitude of how to set up, would change with money. It would still be the same, just slightly better level.
Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:29 - Mar 26 with 3186 viewsitfcjoe

None - it's too far gone.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:34 - Mar 26 with 3168 viewsFinidiCentenary

If Mick was given proper funding I'm convinced he'd pay £1m for Stephen Gleeson types instead of getting them for free.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:36 - Mar 26 with 3158 viewsKieran_Knows

None what so ever, I am completely done with MM now.

Thank him for what he's done, but let's just move on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:37 - Mar 26 with 3144 viewsbluesym

None.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:39 - Mar 26 with 3133 viewshomer_123

It's not down to us, so it's a moot point.

Evans calls the shots.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:40 - Mar 26 with 3123 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:39 - Mar 26 by homer_123

It's not down to us, so it's a moot point.

Evans calls the shots.

Yep it is. But I think that Evans is getting his ducks in a row to give us 'bad' news.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:41 - Mar 26 with 3121 viewsSouperJim

I think the 10% season ticket reduction shows that Evans is prepared to act outside his established "norms" in order to address the current levels of supporter unrest. With this in mind I'd be pretty shocked if he keeps Mick, seems far more likely to me that we'll get a new manager and also a few quid for transfers.

But who knows. Let's all enjoy the endless wild speculation for another few weeks...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:42 - Mar 26 with 3113 viewsSwansea_Blue

On the basis that it would stop 300 threads of idle speculation each day on EXACTLY the same topic?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:43 - Mar 26 with 3117 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't think the budget is going to change, least not significantly. And don't think MM is going to be staying.
Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:46 - Mar 26 with 3097 viewsJ2BLUE

Arguably, if given significant funds and told by Evans that he wants him to set up to win every game and change his approach there is no better fit for us than MM.

It would a lot to achieve. I'm not sure MM is willing to change for anyone. Evans is unlikely to suddenly choose to invest more money. Some fans would rather be 'right' than see us have a real crack with MM.

Realistically it won't happen. I think Milne and Evans are being as clear as they can be without actually confirming he's going. Evans said something like I will do what is best for the club, that's my only concern. Overall he simply has to go if ME is going to stick by those words.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:48 - Mar 26 with 3090 viewshomer_123

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:43 - Mar 26 by PhilTWTD

Don't think the budget is going to change, least not significantly. And don't think MM is going to be staying.

I feel a lot of people are going to be very disappointed...too many people are expecting significant changes from Evans and his approach to the Club.

Nothing indicates this in any way.

It's going to be more of the same but maybe with a slightly different look.

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:50 - Mar 26 with 3082 viewshomer_123

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:46 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Arguably, if given significant funds and told by Evans that he wants him to set up to win every game and change his approach there is no better fit for us than MM.

It would a lot to achieve. I'm not sure MM is willing to change for anyone. Evans is unlikely to suddenly choose to invest more money. Some fans would rather be 'right' than see us have a real crack with MM.

Realistically it won't happen. I think Milne and Evans are being as clear as they can be without actually confirming he's going. Evans said something like I will do what is best for the club, that's my only concern. Overall he simply has to go if ME is going to stick by those words.

I do feel that if our midfield hadn't been decimated this season we might well have seen Mick take a different approach - the start of the season indicated such.

I think this is the second time that it's been a season that got away from us.

We'll never know. To a degree I can't blame him for reverting back to tried and tested when, at time, having a bare eleven.

Personally, I lay the blame more at Evans feet than Mick. Much in the same way that I blame Sheepshanks far more than Burley over the financial mess we got ourselves in in the first place.

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 17:01 - Mar 26 with 3047 viewsfactual_blue

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 16:43 - Mar 26 by PhilTWTD

How many potential managers from the names being bandied about are going to accept either (a) the inevitable restrictions on the transfer budget; or (b) the rampant ageism endorsed by the club?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 17:20 - Mar 26 with 2980 viewsbluejacko

None!!!!!
Under what circumstances would you accept Evans on 18:03 - Mar 26 with 2889 viewsDublinBlue84

None - he stays, I don't buy a season ticket.

Simple as. I know another 6 people who are of the same view despite the price cut. Only 1 person I know is temped to renew based on the price cut alone.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024