Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PR atmosphere 15:54 - Feb 10 with 2901 views3_5_2

Much better today.

Got behind the team more around the ground than usual

Block A were excellent and the North Stand joined in.

Could hear it from the Magnus (or whatever it is now) we are near the tunnel so a long way from it but much louder today.

The last 10 minutes was great

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

PR atmosphere on 15:56 - Feb 10 with 2329 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting sounded quiet until injury time on the TV but you can’t really tell I guess.
PR atmosphere on 16:14 - Feb 10 with 2274 viewswrightsrightglove

Yeah was definitely better than most recent 12:30 kick offs. It certainly helps the atmosphere when you have an incompetent ref!
PR atmosphere on 16:15 - Feb 10 with 2259 viewsgainsboroughblue

PR atmosphere on 16:14 - Feb 10 by wrightsrightglove

Yeah was definitely better than most recent 12:30 kick offs. It certainly helps the atmosphere when you have an incompetent ref!

I think PR is one of those grounds that needs a bit of controversy to fire it up, especially on these early games.

A team managed by Warnock used to turn the volume up a few notches back in the day too.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

PR atmosphere on 07:56 - Feb 11 with 2062 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

PR atmosphere on 15:56 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Interesting sounded quiet until injury time on the TV but you can’t really tell I guess.

I was in the Cobbold and thought the atmosphere was fairly subdued until last 15 minutes. West Brom fans were loud and sang all game. Didn't hear 'We've got super Keiran Mckenna' sung once - can it not be amended to 'Town are going to the Premier League' instead of 'winning the ****ing league'? Just a thought..
PR atmosphere on 08:00 - Feb 11 with 2049 viewstextbackup

PR has a good atmosphere when the ref is controversial, it’s gives people a focus of anger. 60% of the noise came from roaring about his decisions, 20% a weird anti sky song, and 20% pro town songs.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

PR atmosphere on 08:04 - Feb 11 with 2030 viewsITFC_Forever

PR atmosphere on 08:00 - Feb 11 by textbackup

PR has a good atmosphere when the ref is controversial, it’s gives people a focus of anger. 60% of the noise came from roaring about his decisions, 20% a weird anti sky song, and 20% pro town songs.

The anti-Sky stuff wasn’t about Don Goodman and the perceived anti-ITFC bias, but more about them moving kick-offs all the time.

Yes, we know it’s because we’re actually worth watching now, but it doesn’t stop it being any less irritating.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Imo it was the same as ever on 08:05 - Feb 11 with 2032 viewsDyland

I.e. it depended on where you sit. Except the last ten or fifteen when the whole ground responded to the team's efforts, helped possibly by a ground swell of annoyance at the ref so everyone was itching to get on their feet. An absolutely cracking rally from team and supporters and highly entertaining stuff.

It obviously depends on the match situation. We don't have enough hard core fans to have the kind of atmosphere there at the end going on all through games. I reckon BA did a smart move, cos my point is kind of borne out by the current demographic in lower North.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

PR atmosphere on 08:14 - Feb 11 with 1973 viewstextbackup

PR atmosphere on 08:04 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

The anti-Sky stuff wasn’t about Don Goodman and the perceived anti-ITFC bias, but more about them moving kick-offs all the time.

Yes, we know it’s because we’re actually worth watching now, but it doesn’t stop it being any less irritating.

So tinpot, our aim as a club is to get in the premier league… getting hundreds of millions in TV money, from sky.
We’ll have random KO times weekly. I just don’t get the rage over it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

PR atmosphere on 08:15 - Feb 11 with 1976 viewsyesjohn99

Can’t hear blue action where I sit (SBR U, Magnus side). Yet hear the away support like I’m sitting with them.
PR atmosphere on 08:22 - Feb 11 with 1929 viewsFrimleyBlue

Was rather odd on the Tele. Sky kept muting the crowd so you couldn't really appreciate the sound of it.

The odd thing I found is watching town tv you really hear the Hey Jude at the beginning yet on sky it barely sounded like a qtr of a stand sung it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

PR atmosphere on 08:23 - Feb 11 with 1938 viewspennblue

PR atmosphere on 08:15 - Feb 11 by yesjohn99

Can’t hear blue action where I sit (SBR U, Magnus side). Yet hear the away support like I’m sitting with them.

Similarly you could not hear wba from sir al

The ground has no corners so noise escapes too easily

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

PR atmosphere on 08:25 - Feb 11 with 1929 viewsBuhrer

PR atmosphere on 07:56 - Feb 11 by BrentwoodBlagger2

I was in the Cobbold and thought the atmosphere was fairly subdued until last 15 minutes. West Brom fans were loud and sang all game. Didn't hear 'We've got super Keiran Mckenna' sung once - can it not be amended to 'Town are going to the Premier League' instead of 'winning the ****ing league'? Just a thought..

From West P I thought it was subdued but positive, with a roaring end. The north has lost its voice apparently and even BA seemed quiet often. West brom briefly making good noise only after their goals.

I do think scoring first will improve a games atmosphere. And shat refs and handbags obviously get people fired up. Lyrics aren't the issue.
[Post edited 11 Feb 8:27]
PR atmosphere on 08:28 - Feb 11 with 1894 viewsChurchman

I was further towards the tunnel in the Steerage seats - GG Pioneer/West/Magnus/Coop/EofE/Timbukto Stand and I thought the atmosphere was good and louder than it has been in recent weeks. Block A people and NS mob were great.

Stadium acoustics are not the best and in any ground there’s ebb and flow to noise, depending on what’s happening. Even in the 5-3 Bolton play off game the crowd was quiet for periods and that was the most intense I’ve ever seen PR.

The last ten minutes were bananas.
Same here (n/t) on 08:47 - Feb 11 with 1846 viewsDyland

PR atmosphere on 08:15 - Feb 11 by yesjohn99

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

PR atmosphere on 08:49 - Feb 11 with 1837 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

From lower North the only time I heard West Brom properly singing was after their second goal.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

PR atmosphere on 08:59 - Feb 11 with 1795 viewsyesjohn99

PR atmosphere on 08:14 - Feb 11 by textbackup

So tinpot, our aim as a club is to get in the premier league… getting hundreds of millions in TV money, from sky.

Real fans do.
Imo it was the same as ever on 09:24 - Feb 11 with 1719 viewsWickets

Imo it was the same as ever on 08:05 - Feb 11 by Dyland

I.e. it depended on where you sit. Except the last ten or fifteen when the whole ground responded to the team's efforts, helped possibly by a ground swell of annoyance at the ref so everyone was itching to get on their feet. An absolutely cracking rally from team and supporters and highly entertaining stuff.

It obviously depends on the match situation. We don't have enough hard core fans to have the kind of atmosphere there at the end going on all through games. I reckon BA did a smart move, cos my point is kind of borne out by the current demographic in lower North.

Responded to the teams efforts that hits the nail on the head for me.
PR atmosphere on 09:25 - Feb 11 with 1727 viewsBuhrer

PR atmosphere on 08:59 - Feb 11 by yesjohn99

Real fans do.

Dont worry John, I am a real fan, and hate sky (phlob)... but my girl (12), only watching itfc for 2 years, hearing this was quite amused though clearly confused. To her it's just a TV station that increasingly often shows her team..
PR atmosphere on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 1709 viewsyesjohn99

PR atmosphere on 09:25 - Feb 11 by Buhrer

Dont worry John, I am a real fan, and hate sky (phlob)... but my girl (12), only watching itfc for 2 years, hearing this was quite amused though clearly confused. To her it's just a TV station that increasingly often shows her team..

The older she gets and the more she gets messed about by them, she’ll
understand.
PR atmosphere on 13:04 - Feb 11 with 1551 viewsflykickingbybgunn

PR atmosphere on 08:49 - Feb 11 by The_Flashing_Smile

From lower North the only time I heard West Brom properly singing was after their second goal.

It annoys me that the music is so loud before the match that the Cobbold A section singer's are drowned out by unwanted rubbish. They can't get the atmosphere going.
PR atmosphere on 13:40 - Feb 11 with 1501 viewsBrads

PR atmosphere on 08:14 - Feb 11 by textbackup

Even if we don’t go up, new TV deal from next season means five Championship games will be shown per weekend. So just 7 x 3pm ko’s.

One slot Friday night. Two Sat lunchtime (streamed via a new platform Sky is developing). Might be Sunday or Monday night too as there’ll be alternative slots then.

TV picks for up to the FA Cup third round will be released before the season starts.
[Post edited 11 Feb 13:42]
PR atmosphere on 14:30 - Feb 11 with 1403 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

PR atmosphere on 15:56 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Dolly has his little side kick stalking me around the board and down arrowing me for saying it sounded quiet on TV, even when I noted you can’t actually tell on a feed.

I’m so sorry I constantly hurt your guys feelings so much. I’ll lie next time!
PR atmosphere on 14:33 - Feb 11 with 1390 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That’s how it seemed to sound on TV as well which isn’t unusual for lunchtime game.
PR atmosphere on 15:05 - Feb 11 with 1336 viewslazyblue

PR atmosphere on 08:04 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

If playing a 12.30 means we are being successful then I will take it every time .
PR atmosphere on 16:07 - Feb 11 with 1283 viewsBrads

PR atmosphere on 15:05 - Feb 11 by lazyblue

If playing a 12.30 means we are being successful then I will take it every time .

At least we get much more notice from next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024