Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s just really annoying… 21:58 - Jan 27 with 3311 viewsSitfcB

…that this group of players and McKenna will forever be associated with this result.

I’m still annoyed.

No way did I think we’d lose today. It wasn’t an option.

I thought the days of being embarrassed had long gone! Yes it was a bit of a fluke, but why always is, 2 bloody shots and 2 goals.

Going to take a day or two to get over and then full focus on Preston, Morsy said “it feels like we’ve let the fans down” - well they have, but let’s see how we respond now and put it behind us very quickly, 3 points next week to start off a massive, massive month.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It’s just really annoying… on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 2912 viewsKieran_Knows

… and that’s where it’s also a blessing with this manager and players that unlike fans, they’ve never got too high with victories, and never got too low with defeats.

Have a good end to the transfer window this week and go up to Preston and come back with a real statement performance and 3 points, and no doubt the majority will forget about today.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It’s just really annoying… on 22:01 - Jan 27 with 2887 viewspointofblue

They'll be fine. Name one player who played for Newcastle at Hereford, or Coventry at Sutton, without looking it up. Harry Kane played the first half in Norwich's defeat to Luton, when the latter were in the non league.

It's the club that'll be tarnished - not the manager or players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s just really annoying… on 22:01 - Jan 27 with 2880 viewsbazza

It says a lot more about the stature of Ipswich , if it’s that big of a giant killing..
It’s just really annoying… on 22:04 - Jan 27 with 2802 viewsFrimleyBlue

Unfortunately sitters they will be and in their own ways they've only got themselves to blame no one else really.

The players were collectively clinical enough let's be honest everyone had a chance to score. Surprised Walton didn't have a shot.

On KM.. he left broadhead on. No one knows why.
He started aluko. No one knows why.
He also approved letting ladapo go and we had no striker to select from which was a risk by letting one go when you haven't got another.

It's not the end of the world however so no I don't think it will effect us.

But can't say it's annoying for them to be associated with it when they're the ones in control of it not happening.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It’s just really annoying… on 22:07 - Jan 27 with 2763 viewsSteve_M

It’s just really annoying… on 22:00 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

… and that’s where it’s also a blessing with this manager and players that unlike fans, they’ve never got too high with victories, and never got too low with defeats.

Have a good end to the transfer window this week and go up to Preston and come back with a real statement performance and 3 points, and no doubt the majority will forget about today.

That’s a particularly pertinent point tonight I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It’s just really annoying… on 22:08 - Jan 27 with 2750 viewsDubtractor

Honestly, in a month's time no one will remember this game apart from us, Maidstone, and maybe Norwich.

We're not a premier league team, we've only just become decent again after years of being sh1t (irrelevant), and lots of footy media seem keen to ignore us in Championship promotion race too.

It's a massive upset, and a dreadful result, but it won't live long in the memory for the wider football world.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It’s just really annoying… on 22:16 - Jan 27 with 2613 viewsSitfcB

It’s just really annoying… on 22:08 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

Honestly, in a month's time no one will remember this game apart from us, Maidstone, and maybe Norwich.

We're not a premier league team, we've only just become decent again after years of being sh1t (irrelevant), and lots of footy media seem keen to ignore us in Championship promotion race too.

It's a massive upset, and a dreadful result, but it won't live long in the memory for the wider football world.

In a month Maidstone will be on TV again and it’ll be talked about again nationally

And then every year it’ll be mentioned.

Blub.

Mentioned in the main headlines on the news on BBC1 just now… ‘…as Maidstone beat Premier League chasing Ipswich’ I do smile at that bit

COYB

It’s just really annoying… on 22:17 - Jan 27 with 2604 viewsCheltenham_Blue

They won't be.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

It’s just really annoying… on 22:19 - Jan 27 with 2581 viewsDubtractor

It’s just really annoying… on 22:16 - Jan 27 by SitfcB

In a month Maidstone will be on TV again and it’ll be talked about again nationally

Blub.

Mentioned in the main headlines on the news on BBC1 just now… ‘…as Maidstone beat Premier League chasing Ipswich’ I do smile at that bit

I picked a month as that will be after the next round, obviously it'll be repeated to hell for that! Just go for a media blackout for a day or two.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

It’s just really annoying… on 22:19 - Jan 27 with 2583 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Old news before you know it, and the forever confined to the occasional giant killing montage and ‘lists’

It’s annoying though, yes

Poll: Is Billm….

It’s just really annoying… on 22:25 - Jan 27 with 2546 viewsle2blue

No one mentions Bournemouth losing 1-0 at home to non-league Boreham Wood in the season they won promotion back to the premier league and ended up finishing 2nd I believe. $hite happens and KM is good at getting them to bounce back, so let's just move on.

We need to conclude Gallagher, Al-Hamadi, and another forward and fullback.
It’s just really annoying… on 22:43 - Jan 27 with 2410 viewsdavblue

It’s just really annoying… on 22:00 - Jan 27 by Kieran_Knows

This team have let us down today in a way, but through no lack of effort, just quality and it’s hard to be too down on them. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be beating Maidstone of course but 9 times out of 10 we win that game. They’ve also shown up a hell of a lot of times for us this season and last. They owe us nothing, they represent the club, the manager really well, I’m proud of this team again.
It’s just really annoying… on 22:47 - Jan 27 with 2344 viewspointofblue

It’s just really annoying… on 22:01 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

They'll be fine. Name one player who played for Newcastle at Hereford, or Coventry at Sutton, without looking it up. Harry Kane played the first half in Norwich's defeat to Luton, when the latter were in the non league.

Abuse reported? Is it because I mentioned Norwich?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s just really annoying… on 23:09 - Jan 27 with 2259 viewspositivity

It’s just really annoying… on 22:47 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

some coventry fan who's still smarting about sutton probably...

seriously though the club isn't tarnished,

when someone says newcastle, people think gazza, keegan, robson, not hereford
when someone says cov, people think the houchen header in the cup final, not sutton
when people say norwich, they think bryan gunn's air kick and the open top bus tour taking a wrong turning onto the dual carriageway, not luton

people only remember the giant killers, the vanquished are secondary. it's not about us

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

It’s just really annoying… on 23:14 - Jan 27 with 2222 viewsNthQldITFC

It’s just really annoying… on 22:47 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

As someone who has never reported abuse before, I've always wondered - is there a confirmation popup or or form or something if you click the 'report abuse' icon? I've seen people say "sorry, fat fingers, might have been me" so I presume there's no confirmation process. Might be worth adding Gav?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

It’s just really annoying… on 23:17 - Jan 27 with 2186 viewsredrickstuhaart

They wont be though.
It’s just really annoying… on 23:20 - Jan 27 with 2149 viewsSitfcB

It’s just really annoying… on 23:14 - Jan 27 by NthQldITFC

As someone who has never reported abuse before, I've always wondered - is there a confirmation popup or or form or something if you click the 'report abuse' icon? I've seen people say "sorry, fat fingers, might have been me" so I presume there's no confirmation process. Might be worth adding Gav?

Yeah you get a pop up.

COYB

It’s just really annoying… on 23:21 - Jan 27 with 2120 viewspositivity

i'm pretty sure there is (reported some spam last week, not taking offence at pob!)

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

It’s just really annoying… on 23:27 - Jan 27 with 2061 viewsgainsboroughblue

The abuse/block user options are ones that I know that I've accidentally hit in the past. It's been when I've meant to hit the next page option and I've done the fat finger thing or the page has 'jumped' like it often does on mobiles.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

It’s just really annoying… on 06:20 - Jan 28 with 1817 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

It’s just really annoying… on 22:01 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Bobby Moncur- Newcastle captain at Hereford.
I'd guess either Peter Ndlovu or Steve sedgley for Coventry

Didn't look either up.

But you're right. It's the record of the club that's the issue. We have taken that torch of shame from Coventry after 30 odd years. Let's pray that someone quickly takes that from us.
It’s just really annoying… on 06:54 - Jan 28 with 1746 viewsibbleobble

I don’t feel let down. Freak game and freak result. Did enough to win three matches except crucially convert. There have been far more embarrassing displays streamed to the world under managers in our recent history.
It’s just really annoying… on 07:25 - Jan 28 with 1645 viewsPioneerBlue

Looking back at it 24 hours later.

Only the outside world will have an enduring interest in the result. It was a freak and we deserve everything we get on that front. Maidstone played a blinder.

Nothing really to add that hasn’t been said however even though we appeared to practically change our approach through the selection which on one level says, this is not as important as the league, it’s still the side that managed 78% possession and 38 shots.

KMcK cannot put the ball in the net on the day.

With a significant change to our forward line we can expect the squad is working hard to address attacking sequences and shooting plus defensive set up when attacking low blocks; they are both real scenarios for the league.

I expect we will consider how we move displaced people in the ground in future, it killed the atmosphere for us and was probably weird for fans to be playing in what felt like an away game at PR.

Event over. End.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

It’s just really annoying… on 08:20 - Jan 28 with 1455 viewslazyblue

It’s very annoying, this match will come up every season now (and probably mentioned every round too) and we had best chance possible to go a long way in this competition for a change.

It seems every one at the club and all the fans too just assumed this would be 5/6/7-0 win and fans wanting Maidstone to enjoy a nice day out in Ipswich, well don’t we look stupid today.
It’s just really annoying… on 08:29 - Jan 28 with 1366 viewsRyorry

It’s just really annoying… on 22:16 - Jan 27 by SitfcB

Blub.

And incessantly on BBCRadio5live this morning. Studio pundits, fan reactions, clips being replayed. It’s dominating over the Aus Open final and Test Match coverage, never mind any other cup games, which haven’t even been mentioned!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It’s just really annoying… on 08:38 - Jan 28 with 1298 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

It’s just really annoying… on 08:29 - Jan 28 by Ryorry

And incessantly on BBCRadio5live this morning. Studio pundits, fan reactions, clips being replayed. It’s dominating over the Aus Open final and Test Match coverage, never mind any other cup games, which haven’t even been mentioned!

Really bizarre what they focus in on. Australia has been non stop about it. Different interviews. "Greatest giant killing in world club history" etc. wonder how long they'll keep this up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024