Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s just really annoying… 21:58 - Jan 27 with 3415 viewsSitfcB

…that this group of players and McKenna will forever be associated with this result.

I’m still annoyed.

No way did I think we’d lose today. It wasn’t an option.

I thought the days of being embarrassed had long gone! Yes it was a bit of a fluke, but why always is, 2 bloody shots and 2 goals.

Going to take a day or two to get over and then full focus on Preston, Morsy said “it feels like we’ve let the fans down” - well they have, but let’s see how we respond now and put it behind us very quickly, 3 points next week to start off a massive, massive month.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

It’s just really annoying… on 09:07 - Jan 28 with 370 viewsBloomBlue

Get a grip, it's only a game of football, nobody died.
If football was purely a game of the 'big team' always wins then nobody would watch it.

Actually if it was the big team always wins our trophy cabinet would be basically empty. We started as a small team, and we certainly wouldn't have Div1 winners 61-62 trophy in the cabinet, Ipswich was a small team then.

The FA Cup isn't viewed as anything special now. On the wireless a few weeks ago they went onto the streets and asked who won the FA Cup in 2022, only one person answered it correctly. Actually most people couldn't even name the 2 teams in the final.

Norwich lost to Luton, the first time a premier league team had lost to a non league team - do Town fans go on and on about that Luton win (embarrassment for Norwich)? Does that embarrassment come up every year ? Nope
Town fans laugh more about their B Munich game.

Play that game 100 times and Town win. It was one of those typical games where one team creates loads of chances and the GK has a blinder, then a quick forward beats a slow defender and its 1-0. That automatically gives them the energy to run and run.
Look at that chelsea v Middlesbrough game. First leg it was all Chelsea but Boro sneaked a 1-0 win. Second leg the pattern was the same but Chelsea won 6-1. That's football, that's why so many people watch it, its unpredictable

You will hardly hear about yesterdays game after a couple of months.

Fans moaning KM should have started with this/that player, should have sub this/that player. Those same fans would be moaning if we had won that game and a couple of key players had picked up longterm injuries, about why did KM play this/that player it was stupid in an FA Cup game.

As KM has said, we don't get carried away with wins and we shouldn't get carried away with defeats.
Get over it sitters… it’s just a freak result on 09:52 - Jan 28 with 319 viewsunstableblue

We deserved to win without doubt

Play that game 100 more times and we win.

Those Maidstone finishes were their players having an inspired moment.

We hit the post how many times?

This group of players are associated with an incredible Championship season against the strongest ever parachute clubs.

Yes I had a heap of ‘WTF’ texts from non-Ipswich mates yesterday, but I have also had as many through the season saying how well we’re doing this campaign!
[Post edited 28 Jan 9:54]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

It’s just really annoying… on 10:59 - Jan 28 with 276 viewspositivity

It’s just really annoying… on 06:54 - Jan 28 by ibbleobble

I don’t feel let down. Freak game and freak result. Did enough to win three matches except crucially convert. There have been far more embarrassing displays streamed to the world under managers in our recent history.

I think motd said it was our most shots in a game for a decade, so freak does cover it!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

It’s just really annoying… on 14:20 - Jan 28 with 222 viewsHerbivore

It’s just really annoying… on 08:20 - Jan 28 by lazyblue

It’s very annoying, this match will come up every season now (and probably mentioned every round too) and we had best chance possible to go a long way in this competition for a change.

It seems every one at the club and all the fans too just assumed this would be 5/6/7-0 win and fans wanting Maidstone to enjoy a nice day out in Ipswich, well don’t we look stupid today.

It won't be mentioned every season. It'll be mentioned next round, possibly at the final when they're reviewing the competition, and maybe next season. After that it'll fizzle out. Very few cupsets live in the memory for more than a year or two and none of them involve second tier sides.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024