Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Stansfield 08:02 - Dec 20 with 14722 viewsSitfcB

No surprise.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jay Stansfield on 08:06 - Dec 20 with 6982 viewsnrb1985

Given that MA has basically muzzled the local press on transfer speculation, rightly or wrongly, could you assume that this is either already over the line or already dead if Watson has gone public?
Jay Stansfield on 08:09 - Dec 20 with 6931 viewsSomethingBlue

Expect we have done much more than enquire too.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jay Stansfield on 08:13 - Dec 20 with 6858 viewsHerbivore

Jay Stansfield on 08:09 - Dec 20 by SomethingBlue

Do you think we've sent them a Christmas hamper as a sweetener?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jay Stansfield on 08:14 - Dec 20 with 6865 viewsBlueBoots

What are your hopes/expectations by BlueBoots 24 Jul 2023 8:55
Yes, permanent, not loan; will be a tough deal to do as most promising young strikers will be on the radar of lots of clubs. I liked the look of Jay Stansfield at Exeter last year, but I think he's well though of at Fulham so will go out on loan again. Really like the look of Leaburn at Charlton, but can see Prem clubs sniffing around there. Leeds have a couple of good ones, so might be worth seeing if they'd like to make the Rhodes v Wickham mistake that Roy Keane did...[grin]

Thought he would be a good fit back in the summer

If I understand correctly, wouldn't need to lose anyone from the squad to make room for him too, as he was Under-21 at the start of this year...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Jay Stansfield on 08:19 - Dec 20 with 6782 viewsSomethingBlue

Jay Stansfield on 08:13 - Dec 20 by Herbivore

Do you think we've sent them a Christmas hamper as a sweetener?

Fulham's links with Harrods aren't what they were so might not do any harm.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Jay Stansfield on 08:37 - Dec 20 with 6571 viewstractorboy1978

The club obviously think his name being out there will be beneficial for us in some way. Very rarely see any information leaked without a purpose these days!
Jay Stansfield on 08:44 - Dec 20 with 6475 viewsvilanovablue

Interesting they are reporting it given the last couple of years and EADT's quiet approach to our transfer activity. No smoke without fire?
Jay Stansfield on 09:01 - Dec 20 with 6234 viewsportmanking

Ahem.
Login to get fewer ads

Jay Stansfield on 09:02 - Dec 20 with 6223 viewsDarkBrandon

Jay Stansfield on 08:37 - Dec 20 by tractorboy1978

The club obviously think his name being out there will be beneficial for us in some way. Very rarely see any information leaked without a purpose these days!

Yeah. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is to entice the player to put pressure on his club to allow him to leave
Jay Stansfield on 09:06 - Dec 20 with 6175 viewsGuthrum

Jay Stansfield on 08:14 - Dec 20 by BlueBoots

What are your hopes/expectations by BlueBoots 24 Jul 2023 8:55
Yes, permanent, not loan; will be a tough deal to do as most promising young strikers will be on the radar of lots of clubs. I liked the look of Jay Stansfield at Exeter last year, but I think he's well though of at Fulham so will go out on loan again. Really like the look of Leaburn at Charlton, but can see Prem clubs sniffing around there. Leeds have a couple of good ones, so might be worth seeing if they'd like to make the Rhodes v Wickham mistake that Roy Keane did...[grin]

Thought he would be a good fit back in the summer

If I understand correctly, wouldn't need to lose anyone from the squad to make room for him too, as he was Under-21 at the start of this year...

Only if a permanent signing. U21 loan players do count towards the squad limit.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Jay Stansfield on 09:06 - Dec 20 with 6169 viewsportmanking

Indeedy.
Jay Stansfield on 09:10 - Dec 20 with 6059 viewsKeno

Jay Stansfield on 09:06 - Dec 20 by portmanking

Indeedy.

well I for one won't believe until I see a TWTD understands story

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Jay Stansfield on 09:12 - Dec 20 with 6050 viewsMullet

Been an open secret for a month? Maybe more?

Does this pressure Brum to up their loan offer or accept we are likely to take him?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jay Stansfield on 09:16 - Dec 20 with 5968 viewsvilanovablue

Jay Stansfield on 09:12 - Dec 20 by Mullet

Been an open secret for a month? Maybe more?

Does this pressure Brum to up their loan offer or accept we are likely to take him?

Fulham might think playing under Rooney isn't going to help his development. The idea of McKenna and a likely higher standard of coaching and better squad must surely be of interest to them.
Jay Stansfield on 09:17 - Dec 20 with 5932 viewsMullet

Jay Stansfield on 09:16 - Dec 20 by vilanovablue

Fulham might think playing under Rooney isn't going to help his development. The idea of McKenna and a likely higher standard of coaching and better squad must surely be of interest to them.

True, the risk is he doesn't get to be the main man here. But him and Hirst competing for the starting spot is no bad thing.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jay Stansfield on 09:22 - Dec 20 with 5874 viewsHerbivore

Jay Stansfield on 09:16 - Dec 20 by vilanovablue

The flip side is he goes from starting every week to getting 20-30 minutes and possibly the odd start. Not great for his development. McKenna is an excellent coach but Stansfield won't get a preseason with him and there aren't many more international breaks to get a solid two weeks of coaching either, it's going to be pedal to the metal stuff for the rest of the season given we're very much pushing for automatic promotion. I'd be surprised if he came on loan.

Jay Stansfield on 09:23 - Dec 20 with 5842 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Is he a good alternative to Hirst (way he plays, physical characteristics etc)? Or is he someone who will need a bit of work for KM to mould into what we want? I've heard the name but don't know much about him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Jay Stansfield on 09:24 - Dec 20 with 5821 viewsKeno

Jay Stansfield on 09:22 - Dec 20 by Herbivore

The flip side is he goes from starting every week to getting 20-30 minutes and possibly the odd start. Not great for his development. McKenna is an excellent coach but Stansfield won't get a preseason with him and there aren't many more international breaks to get a solid two weeks of coaching either, it's going to be pedal to the metal stuff for the rest of the season given we're very much pushing for automatic promotion. I'd be surprised if he came on loan.

I guess there are two questions there

Will he add more to math day than say Freddie?

Will he be better cover if Hirtsy gets injured than Freddie?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Jay Stansfield on 09:28 - Dec 20 with 5728 viewsJakeITFC

Jay Stansfield on 09:23 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Is he a good alternative to Hirst (way he plays, physical characteristics etc)? Or is he someone who will need a bit of work for KM to mould into what we want? I've heard the name but don't know much about him.

Will cover a lot of the off the ball work that Hirst does (is a pressing machine), is tall but not massive and not as much of a physical specimen as Hirst but will be able to give defenders a hard time. Can cover the number ten positions too and his record in pro football to date would say he has an eye for goal but not prolific.

Of what I've seen of us this season, his performance at Birmingham is the closest we've seen to what we want from a centre forward (on a realistic budget).
Jay Stansfield on 09:33 - Dec 20 with 5604 viewsBlueBoots

Jay Stansfield on 09:23 - Dec 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Almost the same height (6' 2"), mobile and hard-working and a similar goal-scoring record to Hirst this season at an inferior team; think it wouldn't take much to get him up to speed to compete with Hirst at 9, and the added bonus that he can also play as a 10. As I mentioned in an earlier post, if we can get him on a perm deal, also wouldn't need to lose anyone from the squad to make room for him as he was 20 at the start of the year...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Jay Stansfield on 09:37 - Dec 20 with 5531 views_clive_baker_

Jay Stansfield on 09:24 - Dec 20 by Keno

I guess there are two questions there

Will he add more to math day than say Freddie?

Will he be better cover if Hirtsy gets injured than Freddie?

Freddie’s off.

Al things being equal I can’t see him / Fulham ending a currently fruitful loan, under one of the best forwards this country has ever produced, to come here with no guarantee of getting the amount of minutes he is at Brum. The only thing that might change that would be making it worth it financially. Guess a chunky loan fee or agreed future transfer might make them think about it.
Jay Stansfield on 09:38 - Dec 20 with 5499 viewsHerbivore

Jay Stansfield on 09:37 - Dec 20 by _clive_baker_

Freddie’s off.

Al things being equal I can’t see him / Fulham ending a currently fruitful loan, under one of the best forwards this country has ever produced, to come here with no guarantee of getting the amount of minutes he is at Brum. The only thing that might change that would be making it worth it financially. Guess a chunky loan fee or agreed future transfer might make them think about it.

Are we not going in for a permanent deal? I'd assumed we would be as can't see a loan being viable.

Jay Stansfield on 09:47 - Dec 20 with 5371 viewsvilanovablue

Jay Stansfield on 09:17 - Dec 20 by Mullet

True, the risk is he doesn't get to be the main man here. But him and Hirst competing for the starting spot is no bad thing.

He's also getting less minutes at Brum of late. The fact he wouldn't be an automatic first choice is a fair comment but if we were to buy him that would be less of an issue.
Jay Stansfield on 09:54 - Dec 20 with 5207 views_clive_baker_

Jay Stansfield on 09:38 - Dec 20 by Herbivore

Are we not going in for a permanent deal? I'd assumed we would be as can't see a loan being viable.

Guess that would be the preference. Maybe Fulham have come to the conclusion that he’s not one they see a future for and will take a fee for him. Would think it would be quite chunky, must be worth a few million? Probably some element of promotion related bonus.

Would be an exciting signing, very much meets the criteria of young and with potential
Stansfield does play in a 4-2-3-1 but in a different way to Hirst on 10:01 - Dec 20 with 5115 viewsunstableblue

From the limited times i've seen Stansfield play as the lone striker.. I recall him playing in a different way to Hirst. Little hold up play or acting as a target man.

Isn't he more running behind and at defenders.

Closer to a Ladapo or even Broadhead than a Hirst.

Or have I got that completely wrong?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 12:10]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024