Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Stansfield 08:02 - Dec 20 with 14900 viewsSitfcB

No surprise.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jay Stansfield on 11:48 - Dec 20 with 3494 viewstractorboy1978

Jay Stansfield on 11:33 - Dec 20 by PhilTWTD

I'd say he's well up the list at the very least.

Do you know if we wanted him in the summer, Phil? He signed for Brum a few days before we signed Scarlett and they claimed to have beaten 'a dozen other clubs' for him.
Jay Stansfield on 11:50 - Dec 20 with 3456 viewshype313

Jay Stansfield on 11:33 - Dec 20 by PhilTWTD

I'd say he's well up the list at the very least.

Imminent then...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jay Stansfield on 11:52 - Dec 20 with 3439 viewsPhilTWTD

Jay Stansfield on 11:48 - Dec 20 by tractorboy1978

Do you know if we wanted him in the summer, Phil? He signed for Brum a few days before we signed Scarlett and they claimed to have beaten 'a dozen other clubs' for him.

Very possible. I know we were very interested the previous summer and it was pretty close to happening until we turned our attentions to Tyreece John-Jules, who I think we preferred due to his greater experience at the time.
Stansfield does play in a 4-2-3-1 but in a different way to Hirst on 11:59 - Dec 20 with 3343 viewsbilllm

Stansfield does play in a 4-2-3-1 but in a different way to Hirst on 10:01 - Dec 20 by unstableblue

From the limited times i've seen Stansfield play as the lone striker.. I recall him playing in a different way to Hirst. Little hold up play or acting as a target man.

Isn't he more running behind and at defenders.

Closer to a Ladapo or even Broadhead than a Hirst.

Or have I got that completely wrong?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 12:10]

More right than wrong, he pulls defences, but has a habit of arriving late in the right places,
Jay Stansfield on 12:05 - Dec 20 with 3303 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rooney is absolutely killing Stansfield's natural game. I would imagine he is desperate to leave.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jay Stansfield on 12:07 - Dec 20 with 3267 viewsKeno

Jay Stansfield on 12:05 - Dec 20 by GlasgowBlue

Rooney is absolutely killing Stansfield's natural game. I would imagine he is desperate to leave.

Would also free up the space for Rooney to sign Vardy

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Whoops.. I meant Ladapo (n/t) on 12:10 - Dec 20 with 3226 viewsunstableblue

Stansfield does play in a 4-2-3-1 but in a different way to Hirst on 10:39 - Dec 20 by portmanking

I'd say comparing Stansfield to Luongo is completely and utterly wrong, yes.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Jay Stansfield on 12:11 - Dec 20 with 3215 viewschicoazul

Jay Stansfield on 10:02 - Dec 20 by portmanking

He's absolutely a signing which futureproofs things across one or two positions. Especially since one of our current hot-shots is attracting some surprise interest higher up the food chain.

Scousers almost always want to go back up north.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Stansfield on 12:45 - Dec 20 with 3036 viewstextbackup

Much better than Ladapo, no brainer if it’s doable

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Jay Stansfield on 12:54 - Dec 20 with 2959 viewsVaughan8

I don't know much about him.

Obviously seems to be a talent for the future. 9 goals in league one last season and 5 this season for Birmingham doesn't look prolific, but then again neither are our other forwards really.

I was hoping for someone for the "now" for a January transfer, to help us get up.

Ladapo is barely getting any minutes off the bench anymore so I suspect he's going.
Jay Stansfield on 13:02 - Dec 20 with 2891 viewsHerbivore

Jay Stansfield on 12:54 - Dec 20 by Vaughan8

I don't know much about him.

Obviously seems to be a talent for the future. 9 goals in league one last season and 5 this season for Birmingham doesn't look prolific, but then again neither are our other forwards really.

I was hoping for someone for the "now" for a January transfer, to help us get up.

Ladapo is barely getting any minutes off the bench anymore so I suspect he's going.

I'd say he's a signing for now and for the future. He's shown this season that he's up to the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jay Stansfield on 13:06 - Dec 20 with 2831 viewsNeedhamChris

Jay Stansfield on 12:11 - Dec 20 by chicoazul

Broad-ly true...

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Jay Stansfield on 13:22 - Dec 20 with 2728 viewstractorboy1978

Jay Stansfield on 09:54 - Dec 20 by _clive_baker_

Guess that would be the preference. Maybe Fulham have come to the conclusion that he’s not one they see a future for and will take a fee for him. Would think it would be quite chunky, must be worth a few million? Probably some element of promotion related bonus.

Would be an exciting signing, very much meets the criteria of young and with potential

It's very hard to put a value on him I think. Ultimately all depends where Fulham see him. I've seen a few Fulham fans insist he is highly rated and part of their plans or it would take £10m+. They seem an ambitious club keen to be upwardly mobile and they aren't adverse to spending decent money, so I do struggle to see him ever getting a chance there really.

There's been a few deals done lately with the selling club having a buy back clause so perhaps that may be an option.
Jay Stansfield on 13:39 - Dec 20 with 2609 viewsportmanking

Jay Stansfield on 12:11 - Dec 20 by chicoazul

Nope, it's not him.
Jay Stansfield on 14:00 - Dec 20 with 2482 viewsyorkshireblue

Jay Stansfield on 13:22 - Dec 20 by tractorboy1978

It's very hard to put a value on him I think. Ultimately all depends where Fulham see him. I've seen a few Fulham fans insist he is highly rated and part of their plans or it would take £10m+. They seem an ambitious club keen to be upwardly mobile and they aren't adverse to spending decent money, so I do struggle to see him ever getting a chance there really.

There's been a few deals done lately with the selling club having a buy back clause so perhaps that may be an option.

Loan, with an obligation to buy if we are promoted?
Jay Stansfield on 14:15 - Dec 20 with 2387 viewsberkstractorboy

Jay Stansfield on 13:39 - Dec 20 by portmanking

Nope, it's not him.

Don't think you commented earlier when CC name mentioned ....
Jay Stansfield on 14:16 - Dec 20 with 2369 viewsBlueBoots

Jay Stansfield on 11:52 - Dec 20 by PhilTWTD

Very possible. I know we were very interested the previous summer and it was pretty close to happening until we turned our attentions to Tyreece John-Jules, who I think we preferred due to his greater experience at the time.

From what I heard at the time (Fulham are my local club), Stansfield was always going to Exeter that summer due to the family connection; don't know if he turned us down at the time, but definitely turned down other clubs.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Jay Stansfield on 14:36 - Dec 20 with 2252 viewsBigCommon

Might be that the lad himself wants to leave Birmingham.. He signed there to play under Eustace.. The atmosphere has changed somewhat , since Eustace sacking. Not to mention their results..
We have a lot of stability and feel good factor , here. Which musty count for something? Aside from the obvious in KM.
Jay Stansfield on 14:39 - Dec 20 with 2221 viewsPhilTWTD

Jay Stansfield on 14:16 - Dec 20 by BlueBoots

From what I heard at the time (Fulham are my local club), Stansfield was always going to Exeter that summer due to the family connection; don't know if he turned us down at the time, but definitely turned down other clubs.

No, was the other way around. We pulled out of our interest. I know other League One clubs were also keen as I initially found out our interest as another club enquired about him and were told he was set to move here.
Jay Stansfield on 14:49 - Dec 20 with 2136 viewsBseaBlue

Jay Stansfield on 14:15 - Dec 20 by berkstractorboy

Don't think you commented earlier when CC name mentioned ....

That would be a massive kick in the pants. Can only imagine it would have to take a significant fee to part with him.
Jay Stansfield on 14:52 - Dec 20 with 2112 viewsParky

Jay Stansfield on 14:39 - Dec 20 by PhilTWTD

No, was the other way around. We pulled out of our interest. I know other League One clubs were also keen as I initially found out our interest as another club enquired about him and were told he was set to move here.

Do you expect it to happen, Phil?

Edit - Hadn’t seen you answer this earlier in the thread.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 14:54]
Jay Stansfield on 14:55 - Dec 20 with 2077 viewsBlueBoots

Jay Stansfield on 14:39 - Dec 20 by PhilTWTD

Wow - didn't know we were that far down the line with a move; think it worked out best for all parties, as thought TJJ really helped with our good start to last season before he got injured, and Stansfield got to play a lot more football at Exeter than he probably would have done with us.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Jay Stansfield on 15:17 - Dec 20 with 1950 viewsberkstractorboy

Jay Stansfield on 14:49 - Dec 20 by BseaBlue

That would be a massive kick in the pants. Can only imagine it would have to take a significant fee to part with him.

You would have to hope right now club won't want to sell and player won't want to go. Of course there is a price but you would hope that would be such we could comfortably find a replacement. The issue for me is not just about technical ability but having the right character to fit in with the squad!
Jay Stansfield on 19:29 - Dec 20 with 1510 viewsAlberto_the_frog

I'd rather we signed Lisa Stansfield. She's been around the world, so good international experience. Still can't find her blooming baby, though.
Jay Stansfield on 20:28 - Dec 20 with 1394 viewsVic

Jay Stansfield on 10:02 - Dec 20 by portmanking

He's absolutely a signing which futureproofs things across one or two positions. Especially since one of our current hot-shots is attracting some surprise interest higher up the food chain.

Where did you get that last sentence from? Not coming up on social media.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024